All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

jhu72

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:57 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:37 am So the laws don't apply to the president?
It appears this is bad information. Some in the press have it wrong. I went to the source, they say yes he is covered. Nonetheless the docs are selectively invoking it.
This is not necessarily the end of the issue however. The question is, "is there some other law" based on national security or transparency interests that overrides the HIPAA protection for the President.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:37 am So the laws don't apply to the president?
It appears this is bad information. Some in the press have it wrong. I went to the source, they say yes he is covered. Nonetheless the docs are selectively invoking it.
It would certainly appear that what they mean by invoking it selectively is that on these specific topics the President has forbid that disclosure.

He wants these facts hidden. That's his call, not theirs.

But it comes across disastrously.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:03 pm
This is not necessarily the end of the issue however. The question is, "is there some other law" based on national security or transparency interests that overrides the HIPAA protection for the President.
I doubt we'll find there's any remedy for a POTUS refusing to allow critical information to be disclosed publicly, or even to the VP and Cabinet ala 25 decision, but we would certainly hope that the VP and Cabinet would invoke 25 if they felt they were being lied to about his status and that he was impaired from doing the job.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Trump’s rule of thumb for selective disclosures is to disclose everything that helps him and conceal everything that hurts him.

That is what he and Bill Barr are doing with these leaks of classified information.
njbill

Post by njbill »

“Trump defeats Covid” coin now available for sale. I kid you not.

Make sure to buy one before he dies.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/a-100- ... production
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

anybody know how he's doing today? O2 levels, taste and smell?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:00 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:59 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:53 am
Bart wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:01 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:45 am
old salt wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:26 am TV docs back bite more than teenage mean girls.
The vast majority of COVID experienced docs are asking many of the same questions, not calling the Walter Reed docs liars, but legitimately not understanding why the strange timelines and compression of timeline in deploying the drugs they have. The docs asking the questions are just as good, some better, than the guys treating Trump. Its natural. The White House physician has no COVID experience until his current patient. Don't know how much experience the other Walter Reed (military) docs have. Clearly they brought Garibaldi in for his experience and not for nothing the name of the Institution he represents. I really don't know how much COVID experience he has, but wood think it is more than the others on the team. I am not sure he would be consider as among the most experienced in the nation. Fauci seems to think they are doing ok. It is what it is.
You can question. I have no problem with that. But should you question on national TV? About what may or may not be the case in a situation that you do not have 100% of the facts? Good Doctors probably but perhaps just a bit overwhelmed and enamored with the prospect of being on TV?

You can see this in the researchers as well. I like to think about it like, its my 5 seconds to have fame, commenting on things that they may or may not have the expertise to do so.
Bart, would you not agree that osteopath Commander Conly has been, at a minimum, a communications disaster? He is so obviously not telling the truth, withholding key information again and again, that questions from other doctors are inevitable, right?

Now, much of that misinformation may be at the direction of the patient, Commander in Chief, but his waving his hands, misspeaking, declining to answer key questions only to have to admit the truth later, makes it impossible to trust all the happy talk.

And brutally, this refusal to tell us when Trump last tested negative, "I don't want to look backwards"...

So, yes, doctors should be questioning on national TV.

some of the non-medical commentary has been hyperbolic at times, but the doctors IMO are by and large telling us the truth...that what the American public is being told by Conly is full of gaping holes and contradictions.

And the lack of contact tracing is appalling...but not surprising at this point, right?
... there is no doubt about this, the docs doing the press briefings are a communication disaster. I am especially impressed with their selective invocation of HIPAA and the fact that it doesn't apply. It doesn't take much sophistication to see through them. They have a difficult job. I don't really blame them, they have a tough job given the patient they are dealing with. They, like the Secret Service Agents, didn't really sign up for this.
I agree with you except for Conly. He did agree to this and could say no more BS. Resign from that job.

But someone more familiar with his duties in the military may correct me and tell us that he, too, has no choice but to do and say as told by Trump, unless he resigns from the military altogether. But man, these guys should know before going out in front of the cameras what questions they're going to be asked and have a heck of a lot smoother response than the obvious avoidance. It's a communications disaster.

The other docs aren't being allowed to answer questions, just say the handful of words that have been pre-approved. They at least don't come across as not telling the truth.
I see your point regarding Conly. He is a political appointee, the President's choice. You can make the same argument for Garibaldi. Nonetheless the American people see through all this. The pressers are a disaster from the perspective of giving the American public the feeling that they are being leveled with. This episode will not improve Trump's poll numbers with the question "is he honest, can he be trusted".
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:16 pm anybody know how he's doing today? O2 levels, taste and smell?
... he smells like week old dead fish under the Tuscan sun, so no change. :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:21 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:16 pm anybody know how he's doing today? O2 levels, taste and smell?
... he smells like week old dead fish under the Tuscan sun, so no change. :lol:
Taste is awful also, you see his home decor?

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:06 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:03 pm
I doubt we'll find there's any remedy for a POTUS refusing to allow critical information to be disclosed publicly, or even to the VP and Cabinet ala 25 decision, but we would certainly hope that the VP and Cabinet would invoke 25 if they felt they were being lied to about his status and that he was impaired from doing the job.
I seem to recall a transparency law that does speak to this issue, I will look. Nonetheless, even if there is an overriding provision, enforcing it is likely impossible and not worth the effort.

Just watching a segment with Jonathan Alter and his new book on Carter. He tells the story of Carter being transparent about minor hemorrhoid surgery. You gotta love the man!
CU88

Post by CU88 »

I can’t believe these suckers and losers are letting the virus dominate their lives.

Adam Levine @cnnadam
BREAKING: The top US general, Gen. Mark Milley and several members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff are quarantining after a top Coast Guard official tested positive for coronavirus, several US defense officials tell CNN's
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:07 am
CU88 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:42 am It's odd. The same people who declare that wearing a mask is a "personal choice," are the SAME people who want to take away a woman's right to choose.
AND the same people who don't care about the 600,000+++ lives taken each year by actual human choices and actions, and legislate it, are concerned and assigning blame for a naturally occurring virus that has taken 1/3 that number.

They are so scared and concerned about the virus that they are wiling to shut down the economy and infringe upon civil liberties to do it.

But legal abortions for all!!!

Peep these stats:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_ ... ted_States
Trump was treated with Regeneron, which is made using fetal stem cells.

Where is your faux Pro Life outrage?
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:19 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:00 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:59 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:53 am
Bart wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:01 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:45 am
old salt wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:26 am TV docs back bite more than teenage mean girls.
The vast majority of COVID experienced docs are asking many of the same questions, not calling the Walter Reed docs liars, but legitimately not understanding why the strange timelines and compression of timeline in deploying the drugs they have. The docs asking the questions are just as good, some better, than the guys treating Trump. Its natural. The White House physician has no COVID experience until his current patient. Don't know how much experience the other Walter Reed (military) docs have. Clearly they brought Garibaldi in for his experience and not for nothing the name of the Institution he represents. I really don't know how much COVID experience he has, but wood think it is more than the others on the team. I am not sure he would be consider as among the most experienced in the nation. Fauci seems to think they are doing ok. It is what it is.
You can question. I have no problem with that. But should you question on national TV? About what may or may not be the case in a situation that you do not have 100% of the facts? Good Doctors probably but perhaps just a bit overwhelmed and enamored with the prospect of being on TV?

You can see this in the researchers as well. I like to think about it like, its my 5 seconds to have fame, commenting on things that they may or may not have the expertise to do so.
Bart, would you not agree that osteopath Commander Conly has been, at a minimum, a communications disaster? He is so obviously not telling the truth, withholding key information again and again, that questions from other doctors are inevitable, right?

Now, much of that misinformation may be at the direction of the patient, Commander in Chief, but his waving his hands, misspeaking, declining to answer key questions only to have to admit the truth later, makes it impossible to trust all the happy talk.

And brutally, this refusal to tell us when Trump last tested negative, "I don't want to look backwards"...

So, yes, doctors should be questioning on national TV.

some of the non-medical commentary has been hyperbolic at times, but the doctors IMO are by and large telling us the truth...that what the American public is being told by Conly is full of gaping holes and contradictions.

And the lack of contact tracing is appalling...but not surprising at this point, right?
... there is no doubt about this, the docs doing the press briefings are a communication disaster. I am especially impressed with their selective invocation of HIPAA and the fact that it doesn't apply. It doesn't take much sophistication to see through them. They have a difficult job. I don't really blame them, they have a tough job given the patient they are dealing with. They, like the Secret Service Agents, didn't really sign up for this.
I agree with you except for Conly. He did agree to this and could say no more BS. Resign from that job.

But someone more familiar with his duties in the military may correct me and tell us that he, too, has no choice but to do and say as told by Trump, unless he resigns from the military altogether. But man, these guys should know before going out in front of the cameras what questions they're going to be asked and have a heck of a lot smoother response than the obvious avoidance. It's a communications disaster.

The other docs aren't being allowed to answer questions, just say the handful of words that have been pre-approved. They at least don't come across as not telling the truth.
I see your point regarding Conly. He is a political appointee, the President's choice. You can make the same argument for Garibaldi. Nonetheless the American people see through all this. The pressers are a disaster from the perspective of giving the American public the feeling that they are being leveled with. This episode will not improve Trump's poll numbers with the question "is he honest, can he be trusted".
I am hoping for a coughing fit during the Presidential address to the nation tonight. Just a tickle in his throat that leads to a cough. Not wishing that he is sick but just a cough that needs clearing with some water.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:20 am
You'll have your vaccine by October 15.
9 days away from my shot!

Wait, what the heck, Pete was wrong???

:lol: :lol: :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU88 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:58 pm I can’t believe these suckers and losers are letting the virus dominate their lives.

Adam Levine @cnnadam
BREAKING: The top US general, Gen. Mark Milley and several members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff are quarantining after a top Coast Guard official tested positive for coronavirus, several US defense officials tell CNN's
... and White House military aid reports CV+ this AM. Two of Ms. GasLights assistants did the same yesterday. Still no word from Billy Barr. There also seems to be radio silence from a lot of republican lawmakers. Senate adjourned, giving cover to try to get better if you have Rona.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

CU88 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:07 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:20 am
You'll have your vaccine by October 15.
9 days away from my shot!

Wait, what the heck, Pete was wrong???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There are two already out in Russia's population and no no so far is dropping dead.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-fas ... 1601909843

Let's go!

https://www.travelocity.com/lp/flight-r ... su/jfk/svo
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... a White House valet came down CV+ over the weekend

... White House is pretty desserted today with Typhoid Trumpy running around

... Facebook and Twitter are taking down Trump posts with false CV claims
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Do you need a stool sample as well?

Also, Trump hasn’t denounced white supremacy in two hours so clearly he’s a nazi :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”