All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

RedFromMI

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by RedFromMI »

Kismet wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:34 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:04 pm White House physician's press conference from Walter Reed - President's doctor says he's been doing well since first diagnosed 72 hours ago. WAIT! WHAT? That means they've known since before he exposed multiple people in multiple locations since WEDNESDAY!

I guess that shouldn't surprise me.
That's the morning after the debate - The Biden people must be LIVID that they did not get a heads up. To say nothing,that tall of them were likely exposed at the debate and all their contacts should also be traced.

Rudy Colludy should be next up. Kellyanne did not tell her FAMILY per her own daughter. What kind of parent/person does THAT?

Nuclear incompetence
They are. I would say that the medical staff at the WH has been forced into what is essentially malpractice as well, as they knew and did not say anything either.

Just another reason to vote for Biden...
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Cam Newton on CV list and Pats v Chefs game canceled. Not looking good for football.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Senator Rick Scott of Florida gets a C+
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:40 pm Cam Newton on CV list and Pats v Chefs game canceled. Not looking good for football.
looks like game has been /will be pushed to tuesday. for now.
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:47 pm Senator Rick Scott of Florida gets a C+
This is a weird one. He admitted on live TV that he was positive, but has since retracted and stated he "misspoke". We are left to wonder if he is lying, or doesn't actually know the difference between the two words, or doesn't listen to the words that come out of his own mouth else he would have corrected himself right there. I would argue the first but after having seen Petey in action, the second is a real possibility.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:25 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:40 pm Cam Newton on CV list and Pats v Chefs game canceled. Not looking good for football.
Was he at the SCOTUS presser too? ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
ggait

Post by ggait »

GOP = Party of Stupid
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Catbird wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:51 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:47 pm Senator Rick Scott of Florida gets a C+
This is a weird one. He admitted on live TV that he was positive, but has since retracted and stated he "misspoke". We are left to wonder if he is lying, or doesn't actually know the difference between the two words, or doesn't listen to the words that come out of his own mouth else he would have corrected himself right there. I would argue the first but after having seen Petey in action, the second is a real possibility.
:lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RedFromMI wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:39 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:04 pm White House physician's press conference from Walter Reed - President's doctor says he's been doing well since first diagnosed 72 hours ago. WAIT! WHAT? That means they've known since before he exposed multiple people in multiple locations since WEDNESDAY!

That's the morning after the debate - The Biden people must be LIVID that they did not get a heads up. To say nothing,that tall of them were likely exposed at the debate and all their contacts should also be traced.

Rudy Colludy should be next up. Kellyanne did not tell her FAMILY per her own daughter. What kind of parent/person does THAT?

Nuclear incompetence
They are. I would say that the medical staff at the WH has been forced into what is essentially malpractice as well, as they knew and did not say anything either.

The White House claims they have cleared this up and the Doctor's are claiming they misspoke. This is the claim of the WH. I haven't seen the doctors admitting they misspoke. Regardless, it just comes off as more cover up and incompetence.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:53 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:25 pm
Was he at the SCOTUS presser too? ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:21 pm

Nuclear incompetence

The White House claims they have cleared this up and the Doctor's are claiming they misspoke. This is the claim of the WH. I haven't seen the doctors admitting they misspoke. Regardless, it just comes off as more cover up and incompetence.
Doc did a hastily written memo I have seen on Twitter. Not that convincing. Because if they only caught it when they said they did they are not testing the president enough...

It appears that the Rs in the WH and Congress seem to think that one negative test clears them. It clearly does NOT. That is why the 14 day quarantine for being a close contact, as if exposed enough to infect another that will take up to 14 days for the virus count to get high enough to both show a positive result and begin to be infectious.

Gotta listen to the epidemiologists. Not the effin guy from Stanford who apparently does not know a hole from his head.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

RedFromMI wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:05 pm

Nuclear incompetence

Doc did a hastily written memo I have seen on Twitter. Not that convincing. Because if they only caught it when they said they did they are not testing the president enough...

It appears that the Rs in the WH and Congress seem to think that one negative test clears them. It clearly does NOT. That is why the 14 day quarantine for being a close contact, as if exposed enough to infect another that will take up to 14 days for the virus count to get high enough to both show a positive result and begin to be infectious.

Gotta listen to the epidemiologists. Not the effin guy from Stanford who apparently does not know a hole from his head.
You mean the guy that lets you know your kid has an MCL sprain? (Just a joke....he does more substantive MRI work but you get the idea).
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:03 pm Watching Trump's doctors dance around reporter questions about his being on Oxygen. They refused to answer the question "was he ever on oxygen?" with a knowing smile. He is currently not on Oxygen. Non-denial denial. :lol: So the insiders that reported last night and the outside experts that were skeptical about the White House being on the up and up, got it right! He was having trouble breathing yesterday and was on oxygen at some point.

So Trump seems to be in as good condition as you could hope currently.

Stop looking for information that isn't there. You just don't get and never will, its quite sad. He is NOT on Oxygen. There is no conspiracy. If he is in bad condition, the public is going to know about it. Your wasting time and energy digging into something you created in your own mind, FFS!

And you continue to double-down on it. it's amazing, and you won't even begin to consider a different viewpoint not in the slightest. That's not how a forum works. Lots of different viewpoints, that's what makes it a forum. You are just constantly looking for validation of your opinions and musings, I will add you to the ignore list and leave it at that. Quite frustrating to have a discussion with you about ANYTHING.

JoeMauer89!
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Why is it not looking good for Football? The same was said about MLB, and they are well into there playoffs. Nobody said every team is going to finish with 16 games, that's the goal. If every piece of adversity with this virus is met with just throwing the towel in attitude we will never get anywhere. I never understood this mindset in regards to any adversity, let along in regards to this virus. Maybe that's just me, I'm no rocket scientist :lol: :lol:

JoeMauer89!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:03 pm Watching Trump's doctors dance around reporter questions about his being on Oxygen. They refused to answer the question "was he ever on oxygen?" with a knowing smile. He is currently not on Oxygen. Non-denial denial. :lol: So the insiders that reported last night and the outside experts that were skeptical about the White House being on the up and up, got it right! He was having trouble breathing yesterday and was on oxygen at some point.

just saw a clip thought he said not on it either yesterday or today?

hadn't seen this post and tough to determine 100% whether he was reporting on walter reed therapy only.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RedFromMI wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:05 pm

Nuclear incompetence

I had just heard about the letter, have not seen it. It is pretty clear that the WH is not testing frequently enough and that is what they are trying to hide. Again, this goes back to the process issue. They don't understand the necessity and don't give a damn, at least not until they are caught.

As for the ex-Stanford radiologist, I will tell you a dirty little secret. In all my years in the radiology business, not more than 70% of radiologists wanted to do their job. The job is a pure money play, it is a great paycheck and perks and a totally bore-ass job. You couldn't get me to do it for any amount of money. Having said this, I have a lot of radiologist "friendly acquaintances", they are always looking for another gig outside of "reading film". More get rich quick schemes than the least talented salesmen you have ever met. Always some new deal outside their area of competence. This is the profile of the bozo working for Orange Duce.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:23 pm

Stop looking for information that isn't there. You just don't get and never will, its quite sad. He is NOT on Oxygen. There is no conspiracy. If he is in bad condition, the public is going to know about it. Your wasting time and energy digging into something you created in your own mind, FFS!

And you continue to double-down on it. it's amazing, and you won't even begin to consider a different viewpoint not in the slightest. That's not how a forum works. Lots of different viewpoints, that's what makes it a forum. You are just constantly looking for validation of your opinions and musings, I will add you to the ignore list and leave it at that. Quite frustrating to have a discussion with you about ANYTHING.

JoeMauer89!
The problem with your approach is it basically ignores the FACT that this administration has repeatedly lied about most everything - and in particular about the president's health.

Some examples:

1. There is no way that Trump is as tall as he is listed, and there are pictures showing him next to people who are known to be shorter than that listed number (6 foot 3 inches) and Trump is shorter than them. Lie solely to keep his measured weight from classifying him as obese, which he apparently has been for some time.

2. The bills of health given by his personal physician as well as Dr. Ronny who got canned defy belief.

3. There is lack of information on to the sudden trip several months ago to Walter Reed. Likely a minor medical emergency that needed the hospital rather than the claimed beginning of a physical (that apparently has never been completed).

So why should we trust anything? Especially since the doctors currently are trying madly to reclaim a day on the timeline that they admitted to BY READING OFF OF A PIECE OF PAPER THE CORRECT TIME. But no, they misspoke. They are asked about how high the president's fever got to, but refuse to answer.

This is not that hard. Provide evidence or expect not to be believed.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

More fuel for the fire:
Official: Next 48 hours ‘critical’ for Trump in virus fight
https://apnews.com/article/election-202 ... 07cf23dc8d
President Donald Trump went through a “very concerning” period Friday and the next 48 hours “will be critical” in his care as he battles the coronavirus at a hospital, White House chief of staff Mark Meadows said Saturday. Meadows’ comments contradicted the rosy assessment of Trump’s condition offered by his staff and doctors, who took pains not to reveal the president had received supplemental oxygen at the White House before his hospital admission.

“We’re still not on a clear path yet to a full recovery,” said a weary Meadows.

It was a dramatically different picture than the one painted by the White House staff since Trump revealed his diagnosis as well as by his doctors, who updated the public at a press conference at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

The briefing by Navy Commander Dr. Sean Conley and other doctors raised more questions than it answered as Conley repeatedly refused to say whether the president ever needed supplemental oxygen, despite repeated questioning, and declined to discuss exactly when he fell ill. Conley also revealed that Trump began exhibiting “clinical indications” of COVID-19 on Thursday afternoon, earlier than previously known.

“Thursday no oxygen. None at this moment. And yesterday with the team, while we were all here, he was not on oxygen,” Conley said.

But according to a person familiar with Trump’s condition, Trump was administered oxygen at the White House on Friday before he was transported to the military hospital. The person was not authorized to speak publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity,

Conley said Trump’s symptoms, including a cough and nasal congestion, “are now resolving and improving,” and said the president had been fever-free for 24 hours. But Trump also is taking aspirin, which lowers body temperature and could mask or mitigate that symptom.

“He’s in exceptionally good spirits,” said another doctor, Sean Dooley.

Trump is 74 years old and clinically obese, putting him at higher risk of serious complications from a virus that has infected more than 7 million people nationwide and killed more than 200,000 people in the U.S.

White House officials, including Meadows, had insisted Friday that Trump had only “mild symptoms” as they tried to project an image of normalcy.

“President Trump remains in good spirts, has mild symptoms and has been working throughout the day,” said press secretary Kayleigh McEnany. She said Trump had only been sent to Walter Reed as a precaution.

Trump’s administration has been less than transparent with the public throughout the pandemic, both about the president’s health and the virus’ spread inside the White House. The first word that a close aide to Trump had been infected came from the media, not the White House. And aides have repeatedly declined to share basic health information, including a full accounting of the president’s symptoms, what tests he’s undertaken and the results.

In a memo released late Friday, Conley did report that Trump had been treated at the hospital with remdesivir, an antiviral medication, after taking another experimental drug at the White House.

Conley declined to say when Trump had last been tested before he was confirmed to have COVID-19 late Thursday. He initially suggested that Trump was 72 hours into the diagnosis — which would mean that he was confirmed infected Wednesday. Conley later clarified that Trump was administered an accurate test for the virus on Thursday afternoon, after White House aide Hope Hicks was confirmed to be positive and Trump exhibited unspecified “clinical indications” of the virus.

The White House said Trump was expected to stay at the hospital for “a few days” and would continue to work from the hospital’s presidential suite, which is equipped to allow him to keep up his official duties. In addition to accessibility to tests and equipment, the decision was made, at least in part, with the understanding that moving him to the hospital later, if he took a turn for the worse, could send a worrying signal.

On Saturday, Conley said Trump’s blood oxygen level is 96%, which is in the normal range. The two experimental drugs he has received, given through an IV, have shown some promise against COVID-19. On Friday, he was given a single dose of a drug Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. is testing to supply antibodies to help his immune system fight the virus.

Friday night, he began a five-day course of remdesivir, a Gilead Sciences drug currently used for moderately and severely ill patients. The drugs work in different ways — the antibodies help the immune system rid the body of virus and remdesivir curbs the virus’ ability to multiply.

“We’re maximizing all aspects of his care,” attacking the virus in multiple ways, Conley said. “I didn’t want to hold anything back if there was any possibility it would add value to his care.”

At the same time, the White House has been working to trace a flurry of new infections of close Trump aides and allies. Attention is focused in particular on last Saturday’s White House event introducing Trump’s Supreme Court nominee. That day, Trump gathered more than 150 people in the Rose Garden, where they mingled, hugged and shook hands — overwhelmingly without masks. There were also several indoor receptions, where Trump’s Supreme Court pick, Judge Amy Coney Barrett, her family, senators and others spent time in the close quarters of the White House, photographs show.

Among those who attended who have now tested positive: former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, the president of the University of Notre Dame, and at least two Republican lawmakers — Utah Sen. Mike Lee and North Carolina Sen. Thom Tillis.

Despite its failure to protect the president and senior staff from infection, the White House still did not appear to be taking the highly infectious disease as seriously as possible.

Meadows, the chief of staff, accompanied the president to the hospital on Marine One, the kind of small, enclosed space where experts say the virus easily spreads.

And while Vice President Mike Pence is currently off the campaign trail preparing for the coming week’s vice presidential debate, he and his staff are operating under a “business as usual” approach. He’s still planning to travel to Arizona on Thursday, Indiana on Friday and Florida on Saturday for events instead of isolating himself after potential exposure and to protect himself from contracting the virus anywhere else.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

JoeMauer89!
I did not say he was on oxygen currently. The doctors did not say he was "currently" on oxygen. The doctor refused to answer the question "has he been on oxygen". Then the doctor refused to answer the question again and then the doctor refused to answer it again, and then .... This is a non-denial, denial, meaning yes he has been on oxygen. It is a straightforward question that if you have nothing to hide, is easily answered. The doctor was doing what he was told / instructed by the White House. He found the game amusing and even smiled while the reporters continued to answer the question. Everyone got the game being played.

He has been on oxygen at some point since he was diagnosed. You can take it to the bank! At the time the doctor was answering the question he was not on oxygen.

Don't believe it if you don't want to, and clearly for whatever reason you don't want to.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

RedFromMI wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:14 pm

JoeMauer89!
The problem with your approach is it basically ignores the FACT that this administration has repeatedly lied about most everything - and in particular about the president's health.

Some examples:

1. There is no way that Trump is as tall as he is listed, and there are pictures showing him next to people who are known to be shorter than that listed number (6 foot 3 inches) and Trump is shorter than them. Lie solely to keep his measured weight from classifying him as obese, which he apparently has been for some time.

2. The bills of health given by his personal physician as well as Dr. Ronny who got canned defy belief.

3. There is lack of information on to the sudden trip several months ago to Walter Reed. Likely a minor medical emergency that needed the hospital rather than the claimed beginning of a physical (that apparently has never been completed).

So why should we trust anything? Especially since the doctors currently are trying madly to reclaim a day on the timeline that they admitted to BY READING OFF OF A PIECE OF PAPER THE CORRECT TIME. But no, they misspoke. They are asked about how high the president's fever got to, but refuse to answer.

This is not that hard. Provide evidence or expect not to be believed.
Whether or not you believe the administration, what does that change? He got Cv-19, is dealing with it by getting the best medical care in the world. Hes paying the price for "not wearing a mask" I'll believe they are covering it up when I have satisfactory evidence its the case. A few minor details that can be nitpicked any which way are hardly reason for one to assume that they are covering up. The media is wholly distrustful, most all of it. You will not convince me otherwise, they are providing the public with the NECESSARY information they need. There are far too many sick individuals that take great joy from this whole situation and the media should do its job, which is neutral, objective behavior. We don't' live in Cambodia for god's sake, the WH has been providing us with what is necessary. You give this administration FAR TOO MUCH credit.

JoeMauer89!

JoerMauer89!

Return to “POLITICS”