All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

old salt

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:03 pm I'm no fan of liberals, and a few should be called out, but you Trump people are another breed. As recent as a few days ago you were dancing on a Supreme Court Justice's grave and throwing shade, gleefully celebrating shoving a pick down those evil liberal throats.
If the situation was reversed, do you think the Dems would do it differently ? It's pure power politics. If it was that important to RBG, she should have retired while Obama was still Pres & before the Dems lost the Senate. Like Kennedy did. She stayed too long. She gambled & lost.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

“Looks like RBG just successfully argued her first case in front of God.”
—anonymous
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

old salt wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:27 pm
holmes435 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:03 pm I'm no fan of liberals, and a few should be called out, but you Trump people are another breed. As recent as a few days ago you were dancing on a Supreme Court Justice's grave and throwing shade, gleefully celebrating shoving a pick down those evil liberal throats.
If the situation was reversed, do you think the Dems would do it differently ? It's pure power politics. If it was that important to RBG, she should have retired while Obama was still Pres & before the Dems lost the Senate. Like Kennedy did. She stayed too long. She gambled & lost.
Take it to the SCOTUS thread. When did D's do something that significant re: SCOTUS and when did they pull a "Kerry" flip-flop and do the opposite 4 years later? One party has been playing power politics ignoring hypocrisy and precedent for 40+ years, while the other has been getting slapped around. Of course the D's would do it differently, it's why they lose all the time despite having more supporters.

You're just proving my point. More whining about something that the other side didn't do but yours actually did. So lame.

You and yours have no principle.
a fan

Post by a fan »

holmes435 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:40 pm One party has been playing power politics ignoring hypocrisy and precedent for 40+ years, while the other has been getting slapped around.
Actually, one man. Mitch McConnell.

I'd trade four more years of Trump, with Romney in McConnell's place in the blink of an eye.

Mitch has done more damage to our country than any other man I can think of off the top of my head. He's the guy who put an end to compromise...and our ENTIRE way of life, and government is based on compromise, and striking the middle way.

What's sad is that few partisans remember that. They're gonna lose---as will the rest of us-----in the long run. Because sooner or later, the Dems version of McConnell and Trump will arrive.

And I'll do nothing but laugh, and wink..... :lol: ;) with a big fat "told ya so".
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

3 White House pool reporters are being reported as CV +. One of them was at Saturday's Barrett shindig. Total of 8 people to this point have come down with CV that attended the shindig. Only the two other reporters were not among attendees.

The White House physician has put out a press release, within the last 30 minutes, telling us what we already knew and adding two additional pieces of information/claims.
1) the President is breathing normally, un-labored
2) Johns Hopkins Medicine has been consulted on the treatment (move to Walter Reed)

Why would he/they do that?? Some prominent Docs have been questioning the treatment on various news outlets over the past few hours, claiming things don't add up with the "proof of life" video, the White House press descriptions and the treatments claimed; and there have been reports circulating that his breathing was labored, reported by insiders. We will see whether the outside experts and leaking insiders have got it right in the coming days or whether the White House is gaslighting us. They do not have a good record of truth telling!
Last edited by jhu72 on Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:38 pm “Looks like RBG just successfully argued her first case in front of God.”
—anonymous
Interestingly, two Republican members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Mike Lee and Thom Tillis, have been diagnosed with Covid-19 in the past 24 hours.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Trump’s “Mild” Covid-19 Illness

Post by DocBarrister »

Hospitalization at Walter Reed ... administration of the high dosage formulation of an experimental monoclonal antibody treatment ...

... that doesn’t reflect a “mild” illness.

Donald Trump has numerous risk factors for a poor outcome from Covid-19 infection. With aggressive early care, he should do well. However, Covid-19 patients are known to deteriorate rapidly in certain cases.

Not a good situation.

This president was reckless.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

I doubt that we have seen the last of the CV +'s that will be associated with the Barrett shindig last week. I had not realized until late this afternoon that Barrett herself had Rona in August. Cured I am sure (or at least hope so).

WaPo Story on Barrett
ggait

Post by ggait »

Trump campaign mgr Bill Stepien tests positive.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

“I’ve never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure.”

— MTwain
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:08 am I doubt that we have seen the last of the CV +'s that will be associated with the Barrett shindig last week. I had not realized until late this afternoon that Barrett herself had Rona in August. Cured I am sure (or at least hope so).

WaPo Story on Barrett
Typhoid Amy.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:11 am Trump campaign mgr Bill Stepien tests positive.
-- was he at the shindig or just an innocent bystander?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:14 am
jhu72 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:08 am I doubt that we have seen the last of the CV +'s that will be associated with the Barrett shindig last week. I had not realized until late this afternoon that Barrett herself had Rona in August. Cured I am sure (or at least hope so).

WaPo Story on Barrett
Typhoid Amy.
I kind of doubt it, but who knows?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:40 pm
Take it to the SCOTUS thread. When did D's do something that significant re: SCOTUS and when did they pull a "Kerry" flip-flop and do the opposite 4 years later? One party has been playing power politics ignoring hypocrisy and precedent for 40+ years, while the other has been getting slapped around. Of course the D's would do it differently, it's why they lose all the time despite having more supporters.

You're just proving my point. More whining about something that the other side didn't do but yours actually did. So lame.

You and yours have no principle.
Take it to the SCOTUS thread ? You brought it up in this thread. You're the one whining about it.
You still won't deny that the Dems would do the same thing if they could.
Who initiated Borking nominees, staged high tech lynching about pubic hairs on coke cans & introduced Michael Avenatti style accusations to the process ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:53 pm
holmes435 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:40 pm One party has been playing power politics ignoring hypocrisy and precedent for 40+ years, while the other has been getting slapped around.

I'd trade four more years of Trump, with Romney in McConnell's place in the blink of an eye.

Mitch has done more damage to our country than any other man I can think of off the top of my head. He's the guy who put an end to compromise...and our ENTIRE way of life, and government is based on compromise, and striking the middle way.

What's sad is that few partisans remember that. They're gonna lose---as will the rest of us-----in the long run. Because sooner or later, the Dems version of McConnell and Trump will arrive.

And I'll do nothing but laugh, and wink..... :lol: ;) with a big fat "told ya so".
I miss those bi-partisan days of compromise when Harry Reid was the majority leader.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:14 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:07 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:54 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:48 pm Tom Tillis is also now reporting he is positive. That makes two members of the Senate Judiciary committee, both Rs, Tillis and Lee. I would guess 1 or 2 more will turn up as they were all at the Barrett dog and pony show last weekend. Becoming more clear this is where the outbreak started. Don't think dems were invited, lucky dems.
Does anyone know how frequently the President of the Unites States of America is tested? Some folks at my daughter's college are tested daily and many every other day...... Everyone is tested at least once a week.
... based on discussions, various I have heard today of the talking heads with White House security backgrounds, it wasn't enough. Some non-attributed White House insiders are claiming this was inevitable, they are surprised it hasn't happened before now. The rank and file White House workers are talking because they fear for their lives. Totally understandable. That's how this story got broken, an insider talking to Bloomberg reporter, essentially smoked the administration out.

These same insiders are claiming Trump currently has labored breathing, which at this point, early in the run of the disease is not good. Administration is naturally playing it down.
You know, I wonder if that experimental drug made it worse? Who knows. I have no ideas why The President of The United States of America would not be tested daily? There is no reason not to. Shows up at the debate and says “I am good”..... “the check is in the mail mentality”....this is what you get.
What do you expect from a society that values "things" over ideas.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
ABV 8.3%

Re: All things tRUMPVirus

Post by ABV 8.3% »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:34 pm
Unknown Participant wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:23 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:21 pm
Unknown Participant wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:18 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:29 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:19 pm
Every day he stays off Twitter, he gains 2.5% nationally.

Let’s go boys; time to elect actual patriots who love America and simultaneously bury Democratic treason!

tRUMP through his stupidity kills over 200,000 Americans but Petey in his delusionalism accuses Dems of treason. :lol:
No sir. The virus was going to kill some people. Every nation in the world has been affected and has had citizens die. To deny this is sort 'a, kind 'a dumb. To claim Trump was at fault for 200,000 deaths is also kind 'a dumb. It makes you seem like just another lib with a clear case of TDS. People die of stuff, it happens (without mentioning intentionally inflated US Covid deaths to get those federal $s). Now, while I think that the US' response at the outset could have been handled a little better, when the US geared up, it did a good job producing needed things, masks, ventilators, treatments, etc. Further, if the d*** f*** governors of NY and NJ had not basically sentenced nursing home residents to death sentences by sending infected persons there, the US death rate would have been in much better shape compared to other E8 countries.
:lol: :lol: You sure aren't a dumb ass Trumpnista boot lick are you? :lol:
Hey JHU 77, this deserves only F** Y**
Amen, its pointless to try to get through to him. His view that anybody that does not outright condone the current administration is a Trumpnista is so ridiculous grade-school like in nature and you can see it is driven by hatred/stubbornness. I give up, life is too short. I am busy trying to live it to as best I can.

JoeMauer89!
Now you are catching on. It's literally the only place these guys get to feel and act like a bully.

Sad to say, I blame , partially, the original label of this thread with its tag line "...chances are you will end up hating ......", Why not: "chances are you will appreciate another viewpoint" You create a mindset. Don't you?

most don't even know they are doing it. unfortaunately, jhu72, is very aware he is always hateful. relish the bathing in it, he does.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

+1
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:53 pm

and why his commie Red wife and polluting family never get questioned IS not a sign of TAATS existence? Or Senators doing insider trading, getting caught, and NO ONE caring.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “POLITICS”