All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

njbill

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by njbill »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:33 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:43 pm There is an area designated for the president, but it is not an “office.”

Please. Does she think we are stupid? She is showing her youth and inexperience. Those of us who are decades and decades older than her apparently know a lot more about Walter Reed than she does.
Not to be disrespectful, but why is this "office" issue a thing for you? I've actually had medical procedures done at WR, and honestly could not understand the need to explain how stupid people are ,which you are doing, regarding the "office", when, the vast majority of us, could care less. Again, why IS this issue important for you?
“Not to be disrespectful?” Why should you start now? :lol:

It is important because accuracy matters to me. If it doesn’t to you, that’s fine.

This current press secretary is a disgrace. Today’s announcement was just another example in a long line.

You don’t have to be a Rhodes scholar to see that.
ABV 8.3%

Re: BIGOTS

Post by ABV 8.3% »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:48 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:09 pm Here you go BIGOTS.

mask shame all you want. And that number are just for the ones that need an MRI. Who, among healthy or uninjured 25 years olds need a MRI? judge all you want. bigots.

Thus, prevention of MR imaging by claustrophobia is a common problem and approximately 2,000,000 MR procedures worldwide cannot be completed due to this situation. Patients with claustrophobic anxiety are more likely to be frightened and experience a feeling of confinement or being closed in during MR imaging.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... %20imaging.
In the US and most of the first world it is a smaller problem than you are making it in good sized medical centers. Yes people, some, suffer severe claustrophobia. The MRI problem has numerous solutions however, including sedation, head only scanners, extremity scanners, whole body CT Scanners (which are far less claustrophobic), etc. These don't solve all problems, but probably most. If you have the problem, see if sedation is a possibility given your condition.
Why did you gloss over the much larger demographic? The ones that have had, so far, zero need to have an MRI. Yet, same condition, just not showing up on the druggist radar screen...yet.

Put another way, are life stressors, in any way, shape or form, responsible for bringing forth underlying conditions, placing them in the fore front. Claustraphobia has long been associated with life stressers. PTSD amongst them. Being evicted, and sick another. millions more reasons for stress.

Correct me if I have this wrong. Or do all not enjoy things now, as we age, that didn't bother us in the least when younger. my feer phobia , as I age, IS of hypocrites. I feer them.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

njbill wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:50 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:43 pm There is an area designated for the president, but it is not an “office.”

Please. Does she think we are stupid? She is showing her youth and inexperience. Those of us who are decades and decades older than her apparently know a lot more about Walter Reed than she does.
Not to be disrespectful, but why is this "office" issue a thing for you? I've actually had medical procedures done at WR, and honestly could not understand the need to explain how stupid people are ,which you are doing, regarding the "office", when, the vast majority of us, could care less. Again, why IS this issue important for you?

It is important because accuracy matters to me. If it doesn’t to you, that’s fine.

This current press secretary is a disgrace. Today’s announcement was just another example in a long line.

Point taken, and I have slipped into what I hate. So many different ways to conduct conversations. Online nuance, is rarely worth the effort. Especially if most don't even bother to read any of them ;)
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

njbill wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:50 pm

Doubling down I see, wrong on this one njbill.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

mask shame all you want. And that number are just for the ones that need an MRI. Who, among healthy or uninjured 25 years olds need a MRI? judge all you want. bigots.

Thus, prevention of MR imaging by claustrophobia is a common problem and approximately 2,000,000 MR procedures worldwide cannot be completed due to this situation. Patients with claustrophobic anxiety are more likely to be frightened and experience a feeling of confinement or being closed in during MR imaging.

In the US and most of the first world it is a smaller problem than you are making it in good sized medical centers. Yes people, some, suffer severe claustrophobia. The MRI problem has numerous solutions however, including sedation, head only scanners, extremity scanners, whole body CT Scanners (which are far less claustrophobic), etc. These don't solve all problems, but probably most. If you have the problem, see if sedation is a possibility given your condition.
I have to order one for my mother in law..... I am going to ask her if she is claustrophobic.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

Trump has not posted to his Twitter account since announcing his diagnosis, an uncharacteristic move for a president who frequently tweets and retweets throughout the day.

"We’re having to hold him back a little here because he is hard at work," White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany told Fox News on Friday afternoon.

Says the woman with a cross around her neck.
njbill

Post by njbill »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:05 pm Doubling down I see, wrong on this one njbill.
As are you.

Nope, I’m correct. I know a fair amount about Walter Reed. There is a section of the hospital devoted to him. No one would call it an office. As far as I know, no president has ever called it in office.

Can some of his staff occupy some of those areas and work from there? Sure. I can work from my dining room. That doesn’t make it an office.

But I’m done on this subject as you don’t seem to want to accept a position that doesn’t suit your narrative.

Please feel free to respond if you wish. I won’t.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:15 pm Trump has not posted to his Twitter account since announcing his diagnosis, an uncharacteristic move for a president who frequently tweets and retweets throughout the day.

"We’re having to hold him back a little here because he is hard at work," White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany told Fox News on Friday afternoon.

Exhibit A to my case, your honor. “Hard at work.” Please.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:15 pm Trump has not posted to his Twitter account since announcing his diagnosis, an uncharacteristic move for a president who frequently tweets and retweets throughout the day.

Every day he stays off Twitter, he gains 2.5% nationally.

Let’s go boys; time to elect actual patriots who love America and simultaneously bury Democratic treason!
Typical Lax Dad

njbill wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:19 pm

Exhibit A to my case, your honor. “Hard at work.” Please.
From the “virtue signaler”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:10 pm

I have to order one for my mother in law..... I am going to ask her if she is claustrophobic.
100% they push the "drugs" on her........no doubt about it......you know, to help relax. ;)
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:17 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:05 pm Doubling down I see, wrong on this one njbill.
As are you.

Nope, I’m correct. I know a fair amount about Walter Reed. There is a section of the hospital devoted to him. No one would call it an office. As far as I know, no president has ever called it in office.

Can some of his staff occupy some of those areas and work from there? Sure. I can work from my dining room. That doesn’t make it an office.

But I’m done on this subject as you don’t seem to want to accept a position that doesn’t suit your narrative.

what's going on here? i thought that was reserved for me?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

you're buying an mri machine?
njbill

Post by njbill »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:44 pm
As are you.

what's going on here? i thought that was reserved for me?
:lol:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

As are you.

As do I, work there on occasion.

I do agree, I doubt anyone would call a hospital stay their “office”, but the term provides a distinct value ‘to the people’ that business will continue.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I'm glad Joe and Jill Biden have tested negative for the coronavirus.

I never wish sickness or death to anyone.

I'm not a liberal.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:33 pm

100% they push the "drugs" on her........no doubt about it......you know, to help relax. ;)
Not the last time. I will see about the next time. Might not be until following week.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:57 pm
As are you.

As do I, work there on occasion.

I do agree, I doubt anyone would call a hospital stay their “office”, but the term provides a distinct value ‘to the people’ that business will continue.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey buddy, weren’t you laughing at pictures of Hillary being sick four years ago?

~Livy
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:59 pm I'm glad Joe and Jill Biden have tested negative for the coronavirus.

I never wish sickness or death to anyone.

I'm not a liberal.
+1

Some of the people on this thread, whether they realize or not, cannot hide their excitement that the POTUS could be possibly sick in the hospital. THIS is what is wrong with our country. Stop with the predictions, observations, etc. My god, just because he is the POTUS and divisive does not mean he is not a human being. Nobody would be wishing ill will or analyzing every second of any poster's actions/routine if they got sick with the virus and showed symptoms. He walked under his own power into the helicopter, I saw it with own two eyes. The SMARTEST thing to do is get him the best PREVENTATIVE care in the world to minimize the effects of any symptoms he may experience. Its truly saddening, I don't speak about the majority. It's a small small minority and they are either to stubborn, hateful and callous to realize it!

JoeMauer89!
Typical Lax Dad

Sounds like Trump showed up at the debate late and wasn’t able to get tested for Coronavirus at the debate. Gave his word that he was clean....the question now arises as to the frequency of the President’s testing regiment. Who knows when he was last tested. It’s unclear. Basic blocking and tackling.

Return to “POLITICS”