All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

admin
Site Admin

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by admin »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:31 am Sometimes, in a home, a family member dies and it's for the better for that home...
Even if the thought process is explainable or otherwise, let's not wish death upon the President of the United States.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:25 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:20 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:04 pm Senator Mike Lee positive, and hugging people. Why can't they just admit that they have steered the nation into a ditch:

https://twitter.com/KateBennett_DC/stat ... 3374712833
Mike Lee had a largish role in the Barrett dog and pony show two weeks ago, which is now looking more relevant with the discovery the Notre Dame President coming down with Rona.
Yes, he started his Apology Tour today.

https://www.wndu.com/2020/09/28/notre-d ... omination/
Chicago Tribune is reporting President Jenkins is COVID positive, announced today. It is not just a mask issue.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:23 am
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:17 am Best case scenario, Trump dies from the virus. in 2020, where bigotry and corona are such big topics, 1- we can't have a president who on national tv will not renounce a white supremacist group. 2- we can't have a president who is so cavalier about corona (and the environment). and 3- maybe most importantly, we need a presidential candidate who will accept a loss if he loses. when this election is over, we cannot have a president who maintains the divisiveness and discord because "the voting was rigged". Best case scenario, Trump dies from the corona virus.
Good news. Pence tested negative.

But that is a sick, weak take.

Oddly, with a perspective like that you are no better than the man (and traits) you hate.
Now THAT's what Cosmic Irony means.

If Trump survives, was he right ?
ggait

Post by ggait »

That's a pretty bad mistake by Fr. Jenkins, who by all accounts is a very fine person.

I did notice him at the ACB Rose Garden ceremony working the crowd (like everyone else there) maskless. Obviously appropriate to be there and supporting ACB -- that's a huge deal for ND.

But as ND president, Jenkins has been locking down his students and posting security guards and state troopers outside the isolation dorms to keep kids from breaking Q. And his football team had to cancel a game last weekend because of a Covid spike. So a big time do as I say, not as I do. Thought the same thing about HHS Secy Azar being maskless at same ceremony.

Especially bad since ND goes out of its way to be welcoming to both lefties and righties. Pence, Barr, Biden and Obama are all recent speakers at ND. All got protested fyi.

Trump just corrupts everything he touches.

PS You can see the maskless Jenkins in the background of the video of maskless Mike Lee hugging people. ACB Rose Garden ceremony becoming a super spreader event...?
Last edited by ggait on Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:31 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:34 am +1
For everybody's sake, please just stop going down this road. Move on, it's a horrible take no matter what way you spin it. You are being Hypocritical with a CAPITAL H. You should no longer be able to denounce others posts for that matter, after this take...
Sometimes, in a home, a family member dies and it's for the better for that home. Picture an abusive father. Sometimes, in a country, there'll be a national figure who dies and it's for the better for that country, for the world. Over the course of history, we can all name numerous. I personally believe that Trump does substantially more harm than good for this country, for the world. Emphasis on the word substantially. And not just as the POTUS. he just does more damage as the POTUS. He's been doing this for a very long time. You may feel differently. Feel free. But make no mistake, Donald Trump is a horrible human being. The vast majority of the good he's done, and there is some good, can be done by Pence and numerous other GOPers. But the bad he does, that he is uniquely qualified to do. And the country, the world will be a better place without it.

(There is some irony to the Trump supporters being miffed by my saying that it'd be a positive thing for America if he was to do die of Coronavirus while it wasn't so long ago that Trump was taking out full page ads in NYC saying he wanted the Central Park "rapists" to be put to death. Teenage boys who were later found to be 100% innocent of this crime.)
This is why it was the Patriotic Duty of the Intel Community, the FBI, the media & every bureaucrat in the Deep State to do their part to prevent, then terminate, a Trump Presidency.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:58 am ...and then there's this from overnight

https://twitter.com/TimInHonolulu/statu ... 9086623744

"There's an E-6B Mercury off the east coast near DC. I looked because I would expect them to pop up if he tests positive. It's a message to the small group of adversaries with SLBMs and ICBMs.

Here's another E6-B that just popped up visible on MLAT on the west coast. IMO Stratcom wants them to be seen."

sending everyone the message to not try anything aggressive against USA at this time. Nice to see part of the government working as they are supposed to
VQ shift change. We always have E-6B's in the air. ...because we sail from both coasts.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ggait wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:55 pm That's a pretty bad mistake by Fr. Jenkins, who by all accounts is a very fine person.

I did notice him at the ACB Rose Garden ceremony working the crowd (like everyone else there) maskless. Obviously appropriate to be there and supporting ACB -- that's a huge deal for ND.

But as ND president, Jenkins has been locking down his students and posting security guards and state troopers outside the isolation dorms to keep kids from breaking Q. And his football team had to cancel a game last weekend because of a Covid spike. So a big time do as I say, not as I do. Thought the same thing about HHS Secy Azar being maskless at same ceremony.

Especially bad since ND goes out of its way to be welcoming to both lefties and righties. Pence, Barr, Biden and Obama are all recent speakers at ND. All got protested fyi.

PS You can see the maskless Jenkins in the background of the video of maskless Mike Lee hugging people. ACB Rose Garden ceremony becoming a super spreader event...?
Trump is a black hole.....virtually everything he touches is ruined....virtually everything....
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:15 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:55 pm That's a pretty bad mistake by Fr. Jenkins, who by all accounts is a very fine person.

Trump is a black hole.....virtually everything he touches is ruined....virtually everything....

Does it occur to our fevered Democratic friends here that none of these people are dying from the virus? Tom Hanks and Chris Cuomo look fine to me.
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:07 pm
Kismet wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:58 am ...and then there's this from overnight

https://twitter.com/TimInHonolulu/statu ... 9086623744

"There's an E-6B Mercury off the east coast near DC. I looked because I would expect them to pop up if he tests positive. It's a message to the small group of adversaries with SLBMs and ICBMs.

Here's another E6-B that just popped up visible on MLAT on the west coast. IMO Stratcom wants them to be seen."

sending everyone the message to not try anything aggressive against USA at this time. Nice to see part of the government working as they are supposed to
VQ shift change. We always have E-6B's in the air. ...because we sail from both coasts.
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-b ... have-20305

...forward deploy out of Travis AFB in California and Patuxent River Naval Air Station in Maryland. At least one E-6 is kept airborne at all times. E-6s on the submarine-communication mission often fly in circles over the ocean at the lowest possible speed—for as long as ten hours at a time.
old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:08 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:52 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:46 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:38 am
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:37 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:35 am Just stop, you are not going to spin this in any positive matter. You are ALONE on this take, nobody on this thread whether they hate Trump or not is actively wishing the President nothing but a recovery from this. You are digging the hole deeper. Take a step back from your hatred to think rationally for a second... That's all I have to say any further regarding your take...

JoeMauer89!
What's wrong with alone? I'm OK with that. My concern isn't company. my concern is the truth. And the truth is that Trump is toxic.

If you are concerned with "truth', why did you write that Trump has never denounced white supremacy? He's done it according to actual journalists no fewer than 509x now.
... :lol: You would not know truth if it bit you on your dumb fat ass Goebbels. He has to be bullyragged by allies into paying it weak lip service every time. Same old same old.
jhu72 wants to tell these people they are mistaken, or you ain't black!

Trump.jpg

:roll:
Right, and there were no Jews who worked for or with your boss there Goebbels. :roll:
Do we really need Nazi & Holocaust jokes ?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

old salt wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:45 pm If Trump survives, was he right ?
he will survive and he's not right. people are dying. Just because it's not him does not mean he's right. That'd be far too narcissistic a perspective which means... Trump will explicitly espouse it.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
ggait

Post by ggait »

Does it occur to our fevered Democratic friends here that none of these people are dying from the virus? Tom Hanks and Chris Cuomo look fine to me.
Sorry, doesn't work.

A client has a kid who is a frosh at ND.

Fr. Jenkins locked that kid (along with every single other ND student) in her dorm room (with no AC) for two solid weeks earlier this semester to beat the virus down. Also had Indiana state troopers posted outside the quarantine dorms to keep kids from breaking the Q.

Jenkins is charging my client $75k per year to have his kid basically imprisoned and attending zoom.edu.

I wonder if Jenkins will be forced to resign. It is a spectacular screw up on his part. Got blinded by politics and corrupted by Trump. He's just one more in a long line.

Expect ACB to be questioned about why she thought it was a good idea to have all those kids of hers walking around with no masks....
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
calourie

Post by calourie »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:24 pm
he will survive and he's not right. people are dying. Just because it's not him does not mean he's right. That'd be far too narcissistic a perspective which means... Trump will explicitly espouse it.
A couple of notes of levity from the internet while the discussion of proper Karmic retribution rages.
1. Trump reveals he has the "hoax".
2. Why did he get tested when he knows that testing is what makes the number of Covid cases be what they are?
old salt

Post by old salt »

calourie wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:32 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:24 pm
A couple of notes of levity from the internet while the discussion of proper Karmic retribution rages.
1. Trump reveals he has the "hoax".
2. Why did he get tested when he knows that testing is what makes the number of Covid cases be what they are?
.:D. ...pleased to see a sense of humor thriving in the desert paradise. Our reality tv drama continues.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

ggait wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:31 pm
Sorry, doesn't work.
But even Herman Cain is still tweeting!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Herman Cain will probably be voting too.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

holmes435 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:47 pm
Sorry, doesn't work.
I'm surprised our FL idiot hasn't told us yet that Cain died of old age at 74. Nobody dies from Covid 19. Well, just 6%.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Which Big 10 FB opening game will Trump attend ? I'm betting on Michigan at Minnesota.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:57 pm
holmes435 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:47 pm
Sorry, doesn't work.
I'm surprised our FL idiot hasn't told us yet that Cain died of old age at 74. Nobody dies from Covid 19. Well, just 6%.
Our other poster would say he lived long enough. Even at 60 you should clear the way for young people.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Texas just passed New Jersey for the title of the 2nd most total deaths in any state. California probably does the same in the next few days. Florida will pass New Jersey within 2 to 3 weeks at most.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”