All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

youthathletics

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:22 am Cosmic irony? How about simple hubris:

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1 ... 5610337286
This ought to bring out the worst in many.....will be interesting to see how this plays out. He did stop taking HC :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Bart

Post by Bart »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:23 pm Reminder: SARS-CoV-2 is not like the various viruses known colloquially as the “flu.”

It is a coronavirus, and, those tend to re-infect
with a disturbing regularity. In fact, pretty often.

https://www.livescience.com/seasonal-co ... ction.html
What are they measuring for immunity? Ab levels? I've read the actual study. I think it showed that Ab levels wax quickly but they are not the only immune response.

This is a relevant point to the article: "First, the participants' fluctuating antibody levels don't tell us anything about whether they actually got sick with each reinfection. The increase in antibodies "might have provided exactly the response needed to convert a significant respiratory illness to a mild case of the sniffles or no illness at all," Collins wrote. In theory, it's also possible the four viruses may have had genetic mutations that allowed them to reinfect people. And participants may have had some immunity to the viruses through their white blood cells, rather than their antibodies alone."

There is still alot we do not know, you are certainly correct on that.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:05 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:22 am Cosmic irony? How about simple hubris:

This ought to bring out the worst in many.....will be interesting to see how this plays out. He did stop taking HC :lol:
True. For nearly four years he's been telling at least 62,000,000 of us that we are traitors and not even really Americans. Kind of tough to generate sympathy for him when he told us the malady he now has was a hoax.
Bart

Post by Bart »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:15 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:23 pm Reminder: SARS-CoV-2 is not like the various viruses known colloquially as the “flu.”

It is a coronavirus, and, those tend to read-infect
with a disturbing regularity. In fact, pretty often.

https://www.livescience.com/seasonal-co ... ction.html
Yup. There is a reason there is no vaccine for the common cold. It's not so easy. If it were, it would exist.

We will get one that makes sense for Rona, but the one's you are likely to see in the next 6 months are unlikely to be it.
The problem with the "common cold" is that it is caused by a gazillion different viruses (perhaps a few less). Difficult to make a vaccine against that. Creating a vaccine against a single virus should prove more fruitful than not.
Bart

Post by Bart »

And 2020 just keeps getting weirder and weirder............. I hope they both recover soon.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Bart wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:15 am

And 2020 just keeps getting weirder and weirder............. I hope they both recover soon.
Likely the "October Surprise" of this election....we'll see how it plays out.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Best case scenario, Trump dies from the virus. in 2020, where bigotry and corona are such big topics, 1- we can't have a president who on national tv will not renounce a white supremacist group. 2- we can't have a president who is so cavalier about corona (and the environment). and 3- maybe most importantly, we need a presidential candidate who will accept a loss if he loses. when this election is over, we cannot have a president who maintains the divisiveness and discord because "the voting was rigged". Best case scenario, Trump dies from the corona virus.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:17 am Best case scenario, Trump dies from the virus. in 2020, where bigotry and corona are such big topics, 1- we can't have a president who on national tv will not renounce a white supremacist group. 2- we can't have a president who is so cavalier about corona (and the environment). and 3- maybe most importantly, we need a presidential candidate who will accept a loss if he loses. when this election is over, we cannot have a president who maintains the divisiveness and discord because "the voting was rigged". Best case scenario, Trump dies from the corona virus.
Good news. Pence tested negative.

But that is a sick, weak take.

Oddly, with a perspective like that you are no better than the man (and traits) you hate.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

break the hcq stories back out!!!

i know i love them. should be able to share some of the recent studies & news when they do.

wonder what this quarantine is going to look like? hopefully, we get a couple camera shots. he will have the greatest and strongest mask ever. very strongly mask.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:17 am Best case scenario, Trump dies from the virus. in 2020, where bigotry and corona are such big topics, 1- we can't have a president who on national tv will not renounce a white supremacist group. 2- we can't have a president who is so cavalier about corona (and the environment). and 3- maybe most importantly, we need a presidential candidate who will accept a loss if he loses. when this election is over, we cannot have a president who maintains the divisiveness and discord because "the voting was rigged". Best case scenario, Trump dies from the corona virus.
This is what is wrong with the political landscape. I wont vote for The President. I don’t agree with his policies but I also would not wish for him to die. When you do you are worse than the policies you espouse to detest. Wishing the president to die soon is some how less appalling than a poster using an offensive word that gets him banned for a month?

Sorry this is just a great example of how fd we are
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:50 am
Bart wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:15 am

Likely the "October Surprise" of this election....we'll see how it plays out.
... you know perfectly well if he recovers, how he is going to play this. Like his dictator buddy Bolsonaro in Brazil.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

You find it funny or is that sarcasm?

~Livy
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:27 am

break the hcq stories back out!!!

i know i love them. should be able to share some of the recent studies & news when they do.

wonder what this quarantine is going to look like? hopefully, we get a couple camera shots. he will have the greatest and strongest mask ever. very strongly mask.
... he'll be able to get a gig selling Clorox after he recovers ;)
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Biden just released his message of condolence.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:23 am Oddly, with a perspective like that you are no better than the man (and traits) you hate.
If i could die and have the same positive effect on the country, I absolutely would. This isn't about politics or hate. This is about our country being in a horrible place and practical solutions.
Bart wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:27 am This is what is wrong with the political landscape. I wont vote for The President. I don’t agree with his policies but I also would not wish for him to die. When you do you are worse than the policies you espouse to detest. Wishing the president to die soon is some how less appalling than a poster using an offensive word that gets him banned for a month?

My post has little to nothing to do with politics. It is all but 100% practical. matter of fact, even better than Trump dying (specifically of corona) is Pence replacing him as the GOP candidate... and winning. For the long-term success of our country, that scenario would be optimal. Second best would be Biden winning. But no one wins if Trump recovers from the virus and then... Trump wins and has 4 years to do whatever he wants with no reelection implications or Biden wins and Trump refuses to accept the loss. This last scenario may be the worst of all. Again, this is not a political perspective. This is practical. I could not care less about politics. I do care about bigotry, corona, the integrity of the US Elections, etc.
Last edited by Matnum PI on Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caddy Day
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Biden just released his message of condolence.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Some chatter in the media about how the WH did not disclose the fact that Hicks had tested positive, as they (among other things) sent the Mouth That Roared out to a presser, McEninnie having been in very close proximity to Hicks in recent days...

Don went to a rally and a fund-raiser in the same period, evidently...

Developing...

Last edited by dislaxxic on Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Better scenario, though I believe that it is highly unrealistic, trump steps down due to Corona and Pence steps in as the new Presidential candidate for the GOP.
Caddy Day
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Bart wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:27 am
This is what is wrong with the political landscape. I wont vote for The President. I don’t agree with his policies but I also would not wish for him to die. When you do you are worse than the policies you espouse to detest. Wishing the president to die soon is some how less appalling than a poster using an offensive word that gets him banned for a month?

And ironic that the poster in question here, MATNUM, IS the Mod who bans people for what they say.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:54 am Some chatter in the media about how the WH did not disclose the fact that Hicks had tested positive, as they (among other things) sent the Mouth That Roared out to a presser, McEninnie having been in very close proximity to Hicks in recent days...

Developing...

Yup. This is typical of this administration's lack of regard for other individuals. Same with Orange Duce attending a fund raiser after they knew internally that Hicks had it and Trump had been in close contact during the previous 48 hours.

Return to “POLITICS”