All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

ardilla secreta

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by ardilla secreta »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:00 pm Hope Hicks is positive for the virus.
Not good news considering men probably stick to her like butter on corn. Or maybe corn on butter.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:03 pm
seacoaster wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:00 pm Hope Hicks is positive for the virus.

Democrats and media are giddy hoping she dies.

Of course the likelihood of her even being symptomatic is less than 1%; the likelihood of her dying is less than 0.00004%.
You really are a ridiculous person. Always — I mean uniformly — missing the point to feed your tiny minded narrative.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:23 pm Reminder: SARS-CoV-2 is not like the various viruses known colloquially as the “flu.”

It is a coronavirus, and, those tend to read-infect
with a disturbing regularity. In fact, pretty often.

https://www.livescience.com/seasonal-co ... ction.html
Yup. There is a reason there is no vaccine for the common cold. It's not so easy. If it were, it would exist.

We will get one that makes sense for Rona, but the one's you are likely to see in the next 6 months are unlikely to be it.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:15 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:23 pm Reminder: SARS-CoV-2 is not like the various viruses known colloquially as the “flu.”

Yup. There is a reason there is no vaccine for the common cold. It's not so easy. If it were, it would exist.

We will get one that makes sense for Rona, but the one's you are likely to see in the next 6 months are unlikely to be it.
sounds like everything should just get back to normal, as we'll maybe never know whether it can be licked.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:41 pm

sounds like everything should just get back to normal, as we'll maybe never know whether it can be licked.
We will see. Hope springs eternal.

PS: there is good news. The folks at U of Washington doing the projections have cut their estimate back to 388K at years end.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:09 pm I wonder why Trump is worried?
Have heard reports ranging from she is experiencing symptoms to she is pretty sick (though not sick enough to be hospitalized).

Maybe the seriousness of her symptoms coupled with the fact that he is obviously very close to her is the issue.

I thought the reports that he is “waiting” for test results seemed pretty odd. I thought he got those rapid result tests almost every day. Sounds like they want to give him a more sophisticated test, which would also suggest some level of concern.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:51 pm

PS: there is good news. The folks at U of Washington doing the projections have cut their estimate back to 388K at years end.
damn. they were at 381. going the wrong way. and heading into the elections. and coronavirus cold season.

deaths have dropped but been persistent. too persistent.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:17 pm
Have heard reports ranging from she is experiencing symptoms to she is pretty sick (though not sick enough to be hospitalized).

Maybe the seriousness of her symptoms coupled with the fact that he is obviously very close to her is the issue.

I thought the reports that he is “waiting” for test results seemed pretty odd. I thought he got those rapid result tests almost every day. Sounds like they want to give him a more sophisticated test, which would also suggest some level of concern.
if trump has to come off the campaign trail, biden should have to come off, too.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Why?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:23 pmWhy?
that was a joke.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Oh. I’m slow I guess.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:30 pm Oh. I’m slow I guess.
or i need to "put a lid" on it.
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:05 pm
njbill wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:39 pm Sounds worse to me, too. Never heard of high fever with the flu shot.

I got the new shingles vaccine a couple of years ago, the two shot deal. Never had gotten the earlier generation version.

With the first shot, my arm was a good bit sorer than for a normal flu shot. Had a weird, small outbreak on my chest which looked like shingles, I guess.

With the second shot, I felt like I had the flu the following day. Achy, feverish (didn’t take my temperature), just generally punk. I’m sure I didn’t have a high fever though. By the day after that, I was fine. I’ve spoken to quite a few people who have had this shingles shot(s). Been told of a variety of different experiences.

I’ve also had the two step pneumonia vaccine for seniors. Don’t remember the first one being a problem at all. I did have a stronger reaction to the second one, though. But nothing like the reaction I had for my second shingles shot.

I’ll get the COVID vaccine, but I’m not going to be first in line.
I'm sitting on my shingles shot 'script, didnt want to do add to many things to the current mix. I'll get it done at some point and the CV19 as well, but not when Petey thinks he's getting it.
Probably good to separate them. I had the new flu shot + 2nd pneu booster + 2nd shingles booster 3 wks ago, same day, same arm.

Arm bruised & swollen. Knocked me on my ass for a couple days, Never had a reaction before. Used to get malaria & all other vacc's for worldwide deployment. It sounds like the possible side effects on the tv comml for the shingles vacc.
old salt

Post by old salt »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:22 pm

if trump has to come off the campaign trail, biden should have to come off, too.
...how would you notice ?

@12:56 am, MSNBC reporting Trump & 1st Lady test + ; going into quarantine.

Hope Hicks = Typhoid Mary or Canary in the Coal Mine ?

I wonder if Pence will pardon Flynn ?

Will this be a HCQ data point ?

Cosmic Irony.

Trial by Fire.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:21 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:51 pm

damn. they were at 381. going the wrong way. and heading into the elections. and coronavirus cold season.

deaths have dropped but been persistent. too persistent.
Last I had heard was 400K. Then 388K today. I am still watching Florida, I see more signs, nothing conclusive, that it is on its way back up. Most recent week is 15-20% higher than previous week and latest polynomial fitting says its going back up. Even if it is flat, it is flat at a rate 2 to 2.5 times higher than it was before it went wild in July and early August. It is definitely not coming down at this point.
Last edited by jhu72 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
DocBarrister

Donald and Melania Test Positive for Coronavirus

Post by DocBarrister »

Donald and Melania test positive for coronavirus.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/01/politics ... index.html

Best wishes for a fast recovery (I mean that).

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:02 am

Cosmic Irony.

Trial by Fire.
I am taking the report with a grain of salt for the time being - Trump that is. Hicks is reportedly showing symptoms. Report I saw says the fact that she has it had been known for 18-24 hours before announced. Would not put it past Trump to lie, play for sympathy and then "get better" magically. Arising from the dead for his base. The October surprise. :lol:
DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:02 am

Cosmic Irony.

Trial by Fire.
Nothing “Cosmic” about it.

Trump and his staff acted recklessly and stupidly.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cosmic irony? How about simple hubris:

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1 ... 5610337286

Return to “POLITICS”