2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:33 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:41 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:34 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:22 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:16 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:03 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:24 am
dislaxxic wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:08 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:53 amSpain and france have seen 40 fold increases in case rates after extended lockdowns. 40 fold.

uk, italy and germany 10 fold increases after extended lockdowns. germany's and italy's totals are still (for now) at reasonable levels and germany has been the star of the first world all things considered. aspiring to be germany is a lofty goal.

lockdown would be to buy time?
Buy time til an effective, safe vaccine and effective, quick testing?

it's a strategy. if those come. i suspect if my friends at ihme are correct, we'll see lockdowns everywhere well before jan 20 and this debate won't matter. germany is expected to have daily cases rise to about 70-75 thousand per day in december, their death toll nearly triple by year end and who knows what for mortality in jan-feb.

here's to a vaccine.
Great news for China. Well played CCCP.
I thought that if elected Joe would cut the death rate in the USA down to zero on Nov. 5th? I know how sleazy the democrat leadership is. If they beat trump the miracle of miracles will happen... suddenly the death rate from Covid will not be such a big freaking deal anymore. The MM may not even post the daily body bag total everyday like the do now? One Covid starts becoming their problem, the rules of the game will change radically. I will bet good old Doc B won't give a flying fig about who dies from Covid anymore. He may not even remember what Covid is after Nov. 5th. The democrat party will come down with an even more bizarre medical malady. We can call it sudden onset Covid amnesia.
Quite the prediction, want to place a small bet on that?...Petey's yet to pay off on his crab bet, so there's an opening there for you...

But I would advise you that it's a bad bet.
I suspect we'll hear quite clearly what is actually happening, good, bad, and ugly.
And it won't be 'good' for quite a bit, unfortunately.
No magic wand.
But we'll have sound leadership come the last week of next January.
Sound leadership standing by a huge boatload full of struggling business now going down the toilet instead of just circling it. I know here in NYS how effed up it is for businesses trying to survive. Here is a prime example of "sound leadership" for you. King Andy allowed bowling alleys to open up last month. Bowlers can only bowl on EVERY OTHER LANE. Your a smart cookie MD and I don't know if you ever bowled. How do you have league bowling with 10 bowlers trying to bowl on 1 lane? The answer is you can't, the concept was effing idiotic from the start. The end result is league bowling here in Rochester, which was big business for the bowling establishments is pooping the bed. At some point in time my friend the concept of sound leadership has to cross the intersection of common sense. That is not happening here in NYS.
:D not sure whether Cuomo has ever thrown a strike in your book.

My aunt was an avid, competitive bowler, I've been at best a casual bowler once in a blue moon.

Leadership right now for small businesses, all sorts of small businesses, is going to need to be primarily financial support while the realities of COVID are addressed. Bowling is definitely not at the top of my list as "essential" but I do believe in supporting all such businesses that were normally surviving or thriving absent this COVID shock.

I also would look to the industry to come up with a way to actually return to operation safely, but if they can't, that's fine, support them financially in the interim.

That requires federal support, the states can't do it.
":D not sure whether Cuomo has ever thrown a strike in your book."

If he did I was not at the game. I know he throws a lot of balks. :D

The problem as I see it, at least here in NYS, is nobody knows when things can get back to something resembling normal. My job vanished when the restaurant and bar business hit the skids. The business owners that could afford to adapt have squeaked it out. The guy that runs our local pizza emporium has seen his business go through the roof. He never did have sit down customers. He was pretty much always take out and delivery. He adapted with no problem at all. If you run a local gin joint and you made your money on that cranking bar on Friday and Saturday nights, you have taken a huge hit. Bowling alleys taking a hit may not seem like a big deal to you. In the big scheme of things it probably is not. IMO for each little piece of our normal life we are forced to give up, we lose something we may never get back. If we listen to what the folks that run this state are telling us, we better damn well get use to the status quo.
I actually do understand and while, yes, bowling wouldn't be at the top of my list, I certainly think that they're no less worthy of support during this crisis than other forms of entertainment and livelihood.

The sooner we crush this virus' spread the better and the more likely we can adapt most of our activities to keep the virus crushed. As we do so, IMO, small businesses in particular should be supported financially. I don't think anyone, or sure not many, small business people will sit of their duffs and not innovate to get back to work and profits. It's just not the small businessperson's psychological 'DNA' to do so.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:45 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:41 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:34 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:22 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:16 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:03 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:24 am
dislaxxic wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:08 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:53 amSpain and france have seen 40 fold increases in case rates after extended lockdowns. 40 fold.

uk, italy and germany 10 fold increases after extended lockdowns. germany's and italy's totals are still (for now) at reasonable levels and germany has been the star of the first world all things considered. aspiring to be germany is a lofty goal.

lockdown would be to buy time?
Buy time til an effective, safe vaccine and effective, quick testing?

it's a strategy. if those come. i suspect if my friends at ihme are correct, we'll see lockdowns everywhere well before jan 20 and this debate won't matter. germany is expected to have daily cases rise to about 70-75 thousand per day in december, their death toll nearly triple by year end and who knows what for mortality in jan-feb.

here's to a vaccine.
Great news for China. Well played CCCP.
I thought that if elected Joe would cut the death rate in the USA down to zero on Nov. 5th? I know how sleazy the democrat leadership is. If they beat trump the miracle of miracles will happen... suddenly the death rate from Covid will not be such a big freaking deal anymore. The MM may not even post the daily body bag total everyday like the do now? One Covid starts becoming their problem, the rules of the game will change radically. I will bet good old Doc B won't give a flying fig about who dies from Covid anymore. He may not even remember what Covid is after Nov. 5th. The democrat party will come down with an even more bizarre medical malady. We can call it sudden onset Covid amnesia.
Quite the prediction, want to place a small bet on that?...Petey's yet to pay off on his crab bet, so there's an opening there for you...

But I would advise you that it's a bad bet.
I suspect we'll hear quite clearly what is actually happening, good, bad, and ugly.
And it won't be 'good' for quite a bit, unfortunately.
No magic wand.
But we'll have sound leadership come the last week of next January.
Sound leadership standing by a huge boatload full of struggling business now going down the toilet instead of just circling it. I know here in NYS how effed up it is for businesses trying to survive. Here is a prime example of "sound leadership" for you. King Andy allowed bowling alleys to open up last month. Bowlers can only bowl on EVERY OTHER LANE. Your a smart cookie MD and I don't know if you ever bowled. How do you have league bowling with 10 bowlers trying to bowl on 1 lane? The answer is you can't, the concept was effing idiotic from the start. The end result is league bowling here in Rochester, which was big business for the bowling establishments is pooping the bed. At some point in time my friend the concept of sound leadership has to cross the intersection of common sense. That is not happening here in NYS.
:D not sure whether Cuomo has ever thrown a strike in your book.

My aunt was an avid, competitive bowler, I've been at best a casual bowler once in a blue moon.

Leadership right now for small businesses, all sorts of small businesses, is going to need to be primarily financial support while the realities of COVID are addressed. Bowling is definitely not at the top of my list as "essential" but I do believe in supporting all such businesses that were normally surviving or thriving absent this COVID shock.

I also would look to the industry to come up with a way to actually return to operation safely, but if they can't, that's fine, support them financially in the interim.

That requires federal support, the states can't do it.
":D not sure whether Cuomo has ever thrown a strike in your book."

If he did I was not at the game. I know he throws a lot of balks. :D

The problem as I see it, at least here in NYS, is nobody knows when things can get back to something resembling normal. My job vanished when the restaurant and bar business hit the skids. The business owners that could afford to adapt have squeaked it out. The guy that runs our local pizza emporium has seen his business go through the roof. He never did have sit down customers. He was pretty much always take out and delivery. He adapted with no problem at all. If you run a local gin joint and you made your money on that cranking bar on Friday and Saturday nights, you have taken a huge hit. Bowling alleys taking a hit may not seem like a big deal to you. In the big scheme of things it probably is not. IMO for each little piece of our normal life we are forced to give up, we lose something we may never get back. If we listen to what the folks that run this state are telling us, we better damn well get use to the status quo.
I actually do understand and while, yes, bowling wouldn't be at the top of my list, I certainly think that they're no less worthy of support during this crisis than other forms of entertainment and livelihood.

The sooner we crush this virus' spread the better and the more likely we can adapt most of our activities to keep the virus crushed. As we do so, IMO, small businesses in particular should be supported financially. I don't think anyone, or sure not many, small business people will sit of their duffs and not innovate to get back to work and profits. It's just not the small businessperson's psychological 'DNA' to do so.
I agree a 100% it will take a huge amount of money to help these people out. Par for the course the folks in DC are bickering about 3 trillion as opposed to 2 trillion or whatever. These business owners have the resiliency and the work effort to pull through. What they don't have very much of anymore is time. There have been stories here locally about business owners having to drain their nest egg accounts to try and keep things going. The big unknown is will they go belly up before this virus is crushed. IMO that is not looking all the optimistic right now.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

njbill wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:26 pmI vaguely recall that Gore did not appeal this trial court ruling because he didn’t want to be perceived as trying to prevent military ballots from being counted.

Interesting little precedent that might be relevant in the coming weeks.
Gore bringing a butter knife to a gun fight and trying to do the right thing vs winning at all costs. Seems to be a hallmark of the Democratic party the past 40 years.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Every small business is a big deal, cradle. How many people work at that bowling alley? Then there's what that alley does for the community....

It's a VERY big deal. And multiply that by every single freaking city and town in the nation.

This is why McConnell and Pelosi need to sign a new bill. America isn't even close to out of the woods on this stupid economic mess.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:15 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:26 pm Did a little reading on Bush v. Gore. Oh, I don’t know why.

Came across this interesting fact which I had forgotten. Initially, Florida officials rejected 2411 overseas (mainly military) ballots that had been received after the polls closed. When those ballots were rejected, Al Gore had a 202 vote lead. Bush went to court and a federal judge ruled that the overseas ballots should be counted, notwithstanding the fact that they were received after the deadline. When they were counted, Bush took the lead by over 500 votes.

I vaguely recall that Gore did not appeal this trial court ruling because he didn’t want to be perceived as trying to prevent military ballots from being counted.

Interesting little precedent that might be relevant in the coming weeks.

There’s a huge difference between honorable overseas military voting with postmarked envelopes versus Democratic concave-chest pimply Antifa activists stuffing phony ballots days after November 3 with no postmark because USPS union boys turn off the date machines from 11-4 to 11-7 while Democratic election officials turn a blind eye to the fraud so Biden can erase a 2% deficit in Pennsylvania.
The Supremes have the case now. We'll see what they say.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

njbill wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:13 pmThe Supremes have the case now. We'll see what they say.
You're a bigger person than most with that response.

On the other hand... I can only imagine what The Supremes would say... :)

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Trump Pushed To Condemn White Nationalist Proud Boys:

https://reason.com/2020/09/29/trump-pus ... -stand-by/

An important part of the story that seems to be getting missed and buried (like in this case...at the end):
On Wednesday afternoon, given a chance to more carefully frame a statement, Trump was much more clear at telling the Proud Boys to "stand down and let law enforcement do their work," according to Bloomberg's White House reporter.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:16 pm

Every small business is a big deal, cradle. How many people work at that bowling alley? Then there's what that alley does for the community....

It's a VERY big deal. And multiply that by every single freaking city and town in the nation.

This is why McConnell and Pelosi need to sign a new bill. America isn't even close to out of the woods on this stupid economic mess.
Even the Democrats’ original $3 trillion bill from May was too small.

At this point, with even the large airlines and companies like Disney struggling, we probably need a New Deal-esque type relief bill ... probably closer to $8-10 trillion than the $2 trillion they are currently discussing. Millions of businesses and jobs are never coming back.

DocBarrister :|
Last edited by DocBarrister on Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
@DocBarrister
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:21 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:18 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:08 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:26 pm It must be their MO.

The in-laws regularly vote Democrat. They love talking about big government, the good of programs, and laud government oversight.

But yet they moved to FL to pay less taxes. And for some reason they also hire a good accountant each year to pay as few taxes as possible.

:?

Makes no sense to me.

This is why to us Floridians, we can’t understand why libs want to live here, and really hate when they import their atrocious voting tendencies.
Maybe Pete you should pass a law that forces them to turn in all their sun screen?

We treat yankee libs like zoo animals, we toss ‘em some peanuts and laugh at them, take pictures, etc. They’re not welcome to vote here however; they keep nominating the country’s most odious humans to office: Debbie Wasserman Schulz, Randy Andy Gillum, the human sleaze Charlie Crist. Ugh, the fact my taxes pay for these bozos hurts my cranium. I need some Leopolds to take the edge off. :lol: 8-)
His onerous attitude and stupidity never disappoints. First he’s critical of, and stereotypes, another entire group of people. Then he’s too stupid to thank those terrific people for owning second homes that are only occupied a small portion of the year, thereby keeping his property taxes low by adding to the tax base while not using local services as much as locals.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:36 am
Trump Pushed To Condemn White Nationalist Proud Boys:

https://reason.com/2020/09/29/trump-pus ... -stand-by/

An important part of the story that seems to be getting missed and buried (like in this case...at the end):
On Wednesday afternoon, given a chance to more carefully frame a statement, Trump was much more clear at telling the Proud Boys to "stand down and let law enforcement do their work," according to Bloomberg's White House reporter.
Kramerica, I’m not buying what you’re selling. These clowns see exactly what Trump is saying. “Stand down” means “retreat” to them. That’s temporary. It doesn’t mean “I condemn your actions and the aggressiveness and tension you bring to situations is not needed or wanted.”

Condemn wouldn’t be a hard word to say. Same number of syllables as stand down, and even fewer letters.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

For the record, this is what Trump said:

"Proud Boys, stand back and stand by. But I'll tell you what. Somebody has to do something about antifa and the left."

Not stand "down." It is plainly a call to be at the ready, and the President identifies the enemy and targets. So far from the lay-up of "Of course I condemn white supremacists," in real time, on national television, Trump says exactly what he meant, and exactly what the PBs and other groups think he meant. It is hard, in my judgment, to "walk back" an admission like this.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Heather Cox Richardson

September 30, 2020 (Wednesday)

So what was happening while we were distracted by Trump’s debate performance?

First of all, his tax returns, publicized by the New York Times since Sunday, have taken a back seat to his support for the white supremacist gang the Proud Boys and his attacks on a peaceful election.

Second, coronavirus news is not getting the airtime it should. More than a million people around the world have died of Covid-19, including more than 205,000 Americans. Florida is seeing a surge in new cases since Governor Ron DeSantis signed an executive order allowing restaurants and bars to reopen. The Midwest is also in a surge, with record numbers of new cases in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Kansas. Wisconsin hospitals are nearing capacity and South Dakota has the highest rate of spread in the country. Experts worry about a dramatic rise in cases as cold weather settles in.

Third, Brad Parscale, Trump’s former campaign manager, left the Trump campaign today after his involuntary hospitalization for psychiatric evaluation over the weekend after threats to self-harm. He cited his need “to focus on my family and get help dealing with the overwhelming stress.” Parscale knows the secrets of the Trump campaign since the heady days of 2016, and the family is reportedly worried he will begin to cooperate with law enforcement about possible campaign finance violations. Campaign staff is scrubbing his presence from the campaign's website.

These three big stories are on the back burner because last night Trump told white supremacist thugs to “Stand Back and Stand By” before saying that “somebody's got to do something about antifa and the left," a statement observers note sounds much like a precursor to calling them to action against those he perceives to be enemies.

He also called for “poll watchers” to prevent fraudulent ballots and warned that Democrats are going to steal the election from him. He said he expects the election results will take “months” as the campaign challenges mail-in ballots, and that he hopes the case will end up in the Supreme Court.

Today, it feels like Trump’s embrace of white supremacist gangs and his open declaration that he is planning an assault on our democratic process was a turning point for the campaign, and for the nation.

The president reportedly is happy with the way the evening went, believing his supporters love to see him go on the attack. Today he has complained that he “was debating two people last night,” but that he had won and it was “fun.”

Trump’s team is dutifully echoing his talking points. Campaign spokeswoman Thea McDonald told the Washington Post that “Poll watchers are critical to ensuring the fairness of any election, and President Trump’s volunteer poll watchers will be trained to ensure all rules are applied equally, all valid ballots are counted, and all Democrat rule breaking is called out…. And if fouls are called, the Trump campaign will go to court to enforce the laws, as rightfully written by state legislatures, to protect every voter’s right to vote. President Trump and his team will be ready to make sure polls are run correctly, securely, and transparently as we work to deliver the free and fair election Americans deserve.”

This high-minded language is a weird echo of the language white supremacists used in the American South after the Civil War, as they drove Black voters and white Republicans from the polls and turned the region into a one-party state for generations.

Neo-Nazis and right-wing thugs are thrilled they have a fellow traveler in the White House. “I got shivers,” Andrew Anglin, the founder of the neo-Nazi website the Daily Stormer, wrote Wednesday. “I still have shivers. He is telling the people to stand by. As in: Get ready for war.”
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Anyone see this video clip post-debate? IMPOTUS o d kept yanking his escorts hand trying to incite a more emotional response, as they were watching Joe and Jill hug on stage. I guess he didn't get it in her contract to do more than hold hands; in public. Hoe's can be a complain...

https://twitter.com/RogueHOUSports/stat ... 8794915840
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:47 am For the record, this is what Trump said:

"Proud Boys, stand back and stand by. But I'll tell you what. Somebody has to do something about antifa and the left."

Not stand "down." It is plainly a call to be at the ready, and the President identifies the enemy and targets. So far from the lay-up of "Of course I condemn white supremacists," in real time, on national television, Trump says exactly what he meant, and exactly what the PBs and other groups think he meant. It is hard, in my judgment, to "walk back" an admission like this.

I hope the 200 nationwide Proud Boy members don't get too confident with their celeb status accorded to them by our fearless media...it might swing the election!

(of course, unlike Anitifa, these fellers look like they actually have jobs, so most will probably be working that Tuesday and not vote anyway)
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Boycott stupid.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

https://thebulwark.com/listen-to-what-t ... he-debate/

Snippet:

"Every single one of them had watched the debate and had hoped to use it to make a final decision. Here’s a roundup of each participant’s overall reaction:

PA Voter 1: “It seemed like Trump was steamrolling him and bullying him. I felt so bad for Biden that Trump was treating him that way. Joe didn’t get a fair shot, we didn’t get to hear what he thinks about things. I feel like Joe has more to say and we just didn’t hear it.”

PA Voter 2: “Biden did as well as he could’ve. I think Trump was trying to get him off his train of thought to make him look like he has dementia.”

NC Voter: “It turned into a shitshow. It was embarrassing. I think Biden did a bit better than I had expected. He did keep his wits about him, and Trump acted in typical Trump fashion.”

PA Voter 3: “I felt last night was a drinking game. It was terrible, I’ll be honest I was gonna go to bed early last night. It was captivating in that it felt more like gladiator pit than political debate. I was praying that Biden was going to come in and slam dunk, and I was really disappointed.”

AZ Voter: “Disappointing and sad is what I left with. I felt bad for Biden and I felt bad for the mediator, because of the complete disrespect. I agree that we weren’t able to get a full idea of Biden. I was hoping I was going to come away with more, I’m leaning more [toward Biden] because Trump is disrespectful and embarrassing, but I’m looking forward to the other two debates.”

PA Voter 4: “If people in other countries watched that, it makes me wonder how he behaves with foreign dignitaries. Much of what Biden said I lost because Trump was always talking over him. If I was Biden I don’t think I’d agree to a second debate.”

FL Voter: “It was difficult to watch and finish. I was relieved when it was over, I was very disappointed in both of them. I don’t know if I can support either of those candidates, I lost respect for both of them. I wish Biden would’ve been a better foil to the president and not responded in the same terms. I understand why you’d tell someone to ‘shut up’ but I wish he could’ve been a contrast to Trump a little more. I felt like Biden stuck to talking points. I was disappointed all around.”

TX Voter: “Donald Trump was one of the most obnoxious and rude people in the universe. I have to hand it to Joe, he held his wits better than I thought he would. I guess my question is: Do I really have to vote? I don’t know but I want to, but it was discouraging. I don’t think either one won.”

WI Voter: “I agree with the rest, Trump was the bully. I think maybe Biden should’ve been more prepared on how to deal with that, because that was to be expected.”

When I asked them what had stood out the most to them, it was far and away the president’s refusal to condemn white supremacists.

PA Voter 3: “Are we serious right now? You’re on live TV, you’ve got every single social injustice thing happening right now . . . Just come out and condemn it! Is it for all of the rednecks that you’re not telling the KKK to knock it off? I had a What the heck moment while that was happening.”

FL Voter: “That was the one thing that moved the barometer in the debate for me. I found that appalling. I still don’t know if I have a reason to vote for Biden, but that closed the door on voting for Trump. It really was appalling. It shut the door on me feeling like I could vote for him. I don’t feel like I have an option to go to from there. How he handled the issue of systemic racism and every question related to that was appalling.”

NC Voter: [Imitating Trump] “Stand down white supremacists right now, but if I say the word later and I lose, I’ll call you back out. I don’t know, it’s just a firestarter. If someone tells you that you should condemn extremist groups, you should unequivocally say I don’t support you, don’t do anything on my behalf. That’s what a president should say.”

The one voter in the group who was planning to vote for Trump said this:

TX Voter: “I don’t know if I am going to stick with him. That was awful last night. I’m moving more towards the fence, I really am. It was despicable behavior, the way he attacked Joe’s sons, one of whom is dead, it was terrible.”

Interestingly, these women thought Trump’s strategy was a transparent attempt to rattle Biden and make him look like the senile caricature that Trump’s campaign has been pushing on voters. But these women thought that it seemed less like Biden had dementia and more like he was a guy constantly getting interrupted by a jerk:

PA Voter 2: “I think Trump was his own worst enemy, if he let Biden talk we would’ve found out if Biden is cognitively all there.”

WI Voter: “I think Biden did fairly well…It got to the point where [Trump] was attacking his son and blatantly lying about things, you’re trying to keep your cool but then you get interrupted. I don’t know if it’s a cognitive issue or getting annoyed and thrown off by constant interruptions. I don’t know if we learned that much positive or anything swaying to help us make decisions, but cognitively he did fine.”

TX Voter: “Biden did better than I thought he would, gotta hand it to him, but he drifted a little bit, but then again a Rhodes scholar might’ve too if they were heckled like that.”

A focus group isn’t a poll. But the reactions I heard seem to line up with the quick-reaction polling after the debate: That’s nine 2016 Trump voters, not a single one of whom is currently willing to vote for the president again in 2020."
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

Long, very well researched article on the history of the filibuster and why it needs to go:

https://www.vox.com/21424582/filibuster ... lish-trump

Covers virtually all the arguments against removal one by one.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Bulwark ‘jourmalisming’ followed by the even more august institution of Vox! A one-two punch to your intellect if ever there was one. Careful where you step this morning. :lol:

Solid serious journo’s working there. :roll:

Between Bulwark and Lincoln, the market to fleece impressionable Democrats is covered. Vox is the Teen Vogue of politics.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

This is what the President cannot get himself around to specifically and plainly disavowing:

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1 ... 5633381381

Seriously. The President cannot say it. This is who you are voting for?
LandM

Post by LandM »

Never heard of The Bulwark so I googled it - "founded by anti-Trump" people Charlie Sykes and Bill Kristol - prior organization was Weekly Standard which is defunct (BK in business parlance) - they only thing this organization has in common with Trump is the BK part. Next up a few tweets from more unbiased sources.

Looks like the debate really changed allot of minds :lol: Glad I kept my 1.5 hours of peace and solitutde.

Return to “POLITICS”