2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:30 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:16 am
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:51 am
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:22 am
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:58 am
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:47 am A CNN poll of debate watchers handed the night to Biden by a wide margin -- 60% of respondents said Biden won, while just 28% gave the night to Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/30/politics ... index.html

DocBarrister
I found it interesting, when finally finding the actual poll "data', that Obama did "better" in the first debate against Romney. According to the CNN poll. Not what most recall. Even Obama himself thought he was lousy in that first debate. And yet, the CNN poll .......

Also, the numbers are very close to Hillaryous Clinton and Don tRumps first debate....so there's that.
It IS what it IS

DocBarrister
sure IS, especially when the "poll" contacts less than 600 people. ;)
You would have made one hell of a crease defender!
what the heck is a "crease " defender?

my style was more old school COMA slides.........hence the dislodged brain. Hopkins Doc's told me to never play contact sports again...in the age of smelling salts....the cat scan revealed much empty space :D
👍
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

So Chris Wallace is a journalist?

Per the NYT own story, Trump actually paid to the US Treasury $1 million in 2016 and $4.2 million in 2017.

Read that closely. Trump PAID, as in transferred to the US Treasury, $1 million in 2016 and $4.2 million in 2017. Note also that most of the overpayment was rolled forward, not refunded. The $750 figure is an ADDITIONAL $750. Thus every single story saying he paid $750 is a lie.

Why did this topic even come up if not to embarrass Trump.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Lie by omission.

I played a harmonica at the US Open!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

what an election.*

*(have dropped the exclamation point, for now)
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:34 amSo Biden calling Trump a clown and telling him to shut up, (but doing it in his hushed quiet voice) was the better, higher road?

:lol:

I mentioned TDS in the past but didn't believe it as much until I''ve seen the response to this deabte. The over the top dislike for Trump makes so many Americans ignore the other shltty and embarrassing choice the dems are wheeling out.

No thanks. It will be a write-in for me. Again.
Biden was saying what we were all thinking.

You complaining about Biden saying two things here is completely disingenuous, and we see it all the time here. Trump says worse things on an hour by hour basis for 5+ years, yet when Biden trots out two lines against an elementary school bully you suddenly get the vapors.

Such a load of horse hockey, and we're not buying it. But enjoy your right to write-in!

Also, someone kept count. Trump interrupted the debate 359 times. Biden was at 73 times (mostly interrupting interruptions). To Trumpists, that means TAATS.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:41 am So Chris Wallace is a journalist?

Per the NYT own story, Trump actually paid to the US Treasury $1 million in 2016 and $4.2 million in 2017.

Read that closely. Trump PAID, as in transferred to the US Treasury, $1 million in 2016 and $4.2 million in 2017. Note also that most of the overpayment was rolled forward, not refunded. The $750 figure is an ADDITIONAL $750. Thus every single story saying he paid $750 is a lie.

....yup....and I was laughing at the situation. Wallace brought it up, and then scolded tRump for addressing what Wallace brought up.

follow the money. tRump has made many people richer (only accurate thing Biden said) Does it matter that tRump made a few people richer?

It's as if Trump and Bezo's are laughing all the way to the bank, and the closed minded chumps that think they "know" the issues, suck up, well, the suck. Yes vs THEM.....Yankees/Red Sox....taats

The police walked in for Jimmy Jazz
I said, he ain't here, but he sure went past
Oh, you're looking for Jimmy Jazz

Sattamassagana for Jimmy Dread
Cut off his ears and chop off his head
Police came looking for Jimmy Jazz

So if you're gonna take a message 'cross this town
Maybe put it down somewhere over the other side
See it gets to Jimmy Jazz

Don't you bother me, not anymore
I can't take this tale, oh, no more
It's all around, Jimmy Jazz

J-a-zee zee J-a-zed zed
J-a-zed zed Jimmy Jazz
And then it sucks, he said, suck back!
So go look all around, you can try your luck, brother
ANd see what you found
But I guarantee that it ain't your day
Chop! Chop!
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

ggait

Post by ggait »

Why did this topic even come up since Trump promised to show us all his tax returns back in 2016?

Just go look it up. No need to rely on the NY Times.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

This is one example of hundreds lies spread against the President over the last 4 years. Relentlessly

And the TDS dems and press go ballistic when Trump fights back hard and "Talks ove the lies" coming at him from his opponent.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:50 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:34 amSo Biden calling Trump a clown and telling him to shut up, (but doing it in his hushed quiet voice) was the better, higher road?

I mentioned TDS in the past but didn't believe it as much until I''ve seen the response to this deabte. The over the top dislike for Trump makes so many Americans ignore the other shltty and embarrassing choice the dems are wheeling out.

You complaining about Biden saying two things here is completely disingenuous, and we see it all the time here. Trump says worse things on an hour by hour basis for 5+ years, yet when Biden trots out two lines against an elementary school bully you suddenly get the vapors.

Such a load of horse hockey, and we're not buying it. But enjoy your right to write-in!

Also, someone kept count. Trump interrupted the debate 359 times. Biden was at 73 times (mostly interrupting interruptions). To Trumpists, that means TAATS.
Where are you getting your interruption count from?

And the TAATS....is about disliking, strongly......BOTH candidates. I will be writing in Bernie Sanders for POTUSUA. You? You voting for the lesser of two dumps? awesomer
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

ggait wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:52 am

Why did this topic even come up since Trump promised to show us all his tax returns back in 2016?

Just go look it up. No need to rely on the NY Times.
The question wasn't about his returns It was about the NYTimes story which Wallace could have researched himself.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

strange... :roll: MSN claims that Trump interupted 128 times. (no count for Biden tho ;)

That is a two hundred and thirty count difference for what you claimed :lol:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:52 am Pretty interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WI3X7C ... e=youtu.be
junk....."you say 90 minutes, HOW, can you be undecided" ? What the heck.......

nothing interesting about your video.

THIS....in interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0efIB2cyjA
Last edited by runrussellrun on Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Spanish speaking viewers of Telemundo expressed their preference of who won tonight’s presidential debate: 66% Trump 34% Biden.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

i actually thought trump's best line was "i don't want to pay tax." i chuckled.

and apropos not only for trump but all of washington.

we sold our soul long ago in the search for growth in the form of capital investment/depreciation/ amortization. and of course tax credits.

i have not delved into biden's tax plan. i saw the headlines again. what's new on ci/d/a/tc?
what's an extra 7% (28 vs 21) on $750?
what is 2.6% (39.6 vs 37) times $750?

get to the voting booth!!! and save up, we have a budget to pay for!!!
Last edited by wgdsr on Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:17 am
foreverlax wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:03 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:55 am
foreverlax wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:37 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:52 am
Look at Biden’s actual policy decisions. And the words coming out of his mouth for 47 years.

Yea, the guy who's a racist worked for a black guy for 8 years, while the real racist gets a pass from you.

How does Biden working for Obama refute anything? It was an opportunity for Biden. And many people have had bosses they loath privately. If you believe the media rumors, there are a bunch of people working in the White House right now that hate the president, right? Yet they are still there.

Pointing out that Biden said all those things and ACTUALLY instituted and voted for SYSTEMICALY RACIST policies for 47 years isn't giving Trump a pass. At all. Trump's racist dog whistles are real. Why he cant outright condemn the racists confounds me and tells me he's complicit and wants it.

Trump's lack of condemnation of hate groups is similar to Biden's condemnation of the criminal rioting in the cities. It's all BS window dressing. Their lackluster condemnations are really a nod and wink of approval.
So you are suggesting that Biden worked for BHO and not only didn't respect him, he didnt like him. GMAFB.

1. I don't believe Biden is a racist. I believe that Trump is.

who cares what you believe

2. What Biden has said and when he has said it pales in comparison to what Trump has said during those same time periods.

Please provide a list of quotes, to we can compare them ourselves. Furthermore, Biden's crime bill of 1994.....we now the rest. Does, or did, Biden ever own private prison stock, like the Clintons?

3. Trump doesn't condem these groups, because he doesn't condemn them....they support him. Biden couldn't be any clearer regarding his views concerning rioting...if you actually listen to his words. How many months of rioting happened before Biden "condemned" the riots?
Besides half white, IVY league educated Obama, who has Biden ever worked for? Or, more to the point, how many people of color worked on his staff for almost 5 decades? Comeon, forever, tell us.
You don't care what I believe...no reason for me to engage you nor answer your stupid questions.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:59 am

strange... :roll: MSN claims that Trump interupted 128 times. (no count for Biden tho ;)

That is a two hundred and thirty count difference for what you claimed :lol:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz
Counting something that is uncountable. Trying to give credence to the "Trump interrupted and is rude!" storyline the media is pushing today.

We don't need a bs count to know that. But the left is so obsessed with hating him.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:06 am Spanish speaking viewers of Telemundo expressed their preference of who won tonight’s presidential debate: 66% Trump 34% Biden.

This poll is interesting only for one fact: it appears as if large numbers of Spanish speaking Americans are moving to Trump. To me, the reason is simple and it is in two parts: Hispanic Americans sense that Democrats pander solely to African Americans and resent it; many Hispanics are church-going Catholics and of course we now know what the DNC thinks of Catholics.

But so far as one poll: it's easy to trip up polls anymore, so I am not sure this poll is reflective of that wide community with varied political leanings or not.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

From NYT email blast:

A debate mess, It was unlike any presidential debate before it.

From the opening moments, President Trump repeatedly interrupted Joe Biden and told lies — about Trump’s own tax payments, Biden’s health care plan, the environment and voting by mail. As a result, last night’s debate was almost impossible to watch and did little to shed light on the biggest issues facing the country or the substantive differences between the candidates.

One of Trump’s own debate advisers, former Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, called his performance “too hot.” At one point during the debate, the moderator, Chris Wallace of Fox News, said: “Mr. President, your campaign agreed both sides get two-minute answers. Uninterrupted. Your side agreed. Observe what your campaign agreed to.”

Afterward, Jonathan Martin of The Times wrote: “The president’s bulldozer-style tactics represented an extraordinary risk for an incumbent who’s trailing Mr. Biden in large part because voters, including some who supported him in 2016, are so fatigued by his near-daily attacks and outbursts.”

Anne Applebaum of The Atlantic wrote: “The point of Trump’s performance in that debate was to undermine confidence in the election and in democracy itself.”

Biden was not always sharp. He rarely is during debates. Last night, he sometimes stumbled over words and struggled to make his points. When Trump gave him openings, Biden didn’t always take advantage.

At other moments, though, Biden conveyed his ideas clearly. “Biden made the debate about the country and the American people, not about Trump,” the historian Heather Cox Richardson wrote in her newsletter. “While Trump listed his own grievances, Biden spoke to the camera, asking Americans what they needed, what they think.” He behaved as many previous presidential candidates, of both parties, have during debates.

Trump did not. With his performance, he seemed to reject the basic idea of allowing American voters to hear from both candidates.

More on the debate:

Asked by Wallace and Biden to condemn white supremacy, Trump said “Sure” but then declined to do so.

Biden named the Proud Boys, a far-right group, and Trump replied: “Proud Boys? Stand back and stand by … Somebody’s got to do something about antifa and the left.” The group celebrated his response online and began using the phrase, “Stand back and stand by.”

Biden’s bottom line: “Under this president, we have become weaker, sicker, poorer, more divided, and more violent.” Trump’s bottom line: “In 47 months, I’ve done more than you’ve done in 47 years, Joe.”

Who helped his election chances?

Most analysts thought Trump did not. An instant CBS poll showed that slightly more voters thought Biden the winner than Trump.

Doug Rivers of the polling firm YouGov wrote: “Trump did badly with his base. 15% of his supporters thought it was a tie, compared to only 4% of Biden supporters. Only 49% of Trump supporters thought it made them think better of Trump.”

Rich Lowry, National Review: “The key takeaway is that Trump set out to make Biden crack, and it didn’t happen.”

Nate Cohn, who analyzes polls for The Times: “What a mess. There was no winner, certainly not the United States. And that makes Biden the winner. He’s the frontrunner. It’s Trump who needed the win, and I think most anyone would agree, as Chris Wallace said, that the president was largely responsible for the debate.”
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:09 am i actually thought trump's best line was "i don't want to pay tax." i chuckled.

and apropos not only for trump but all of washington.

we sold our soul long ago in the search for growth in the form of capital investment/depreciation/ amortization. and of course tax credits.

i have not delved into biden's tax plan. i saw the headlines again. what's new on ci/d/a/tc?
what's an extra 7% (28 vs 21) on $750?
what is 2.6% (39.6 vs 37) times $750?

get to the voting booth!!! and save up, we have a budget to pay for!!!

No proposed tax rate ever goes DOWN until the taxpayer has been fleeced by ever-higher taxes, and we eventually revolt.

America started with a 1% tax rate only on the highest earning Americans....look at us now.

We don't want to pay tax (Trump is correct here) because the government doesn't exist to give money to taxpayers and wastes most of what it is given. Any taxpayer should be wary on any new tax because for the politician, the initial rate is simply his opening bid. At best, taxation inhibits the natural growth of an economy; at worst, taxation causes economies to seize up.

And taxes are where Republicans and Democrats split in the easiest manner to define. Trump should hammer Biden on taxes the next debate. I'd answer a question on abortion by responding about taxation.

Return to “POLITICS”