Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
RedFromMI

Re: Orange Duce

Post by RedFromMI »

ggait wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:53 pm
Biden posts his tax returns on his campaign website...go ahead and chew on them all you want.
Exactly.

For example, Joe/Jill made $315k in 2016 and then $11 million (what the heck???) in 2017. Those are certainly some eye popping numbers that raise some questions.

But at least you can find the numbers with a google search. No SCOTUS decision required like with Trump.
From USA Today:
The bulk of the Bidens’ income, more than $10 million, came from payments from a memoir, Promise Me, Dad, he wrote after he left office in January 2017. Jill Biden was paid more than $3 million in 2018 for her book, Where the Light Enters. The couple’s total income in 2017 was $11 million and nearly $4.58 million in 2018.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:09 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:04 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:43 am From Daniel Reck, from the London School of Economics on Twitter:
This take is always bad because we the people get to decide whether it matters with our votes and our speech. But also, think about what a potential future Biden administration (*knocks on wood*) can do with this story.

This reporting created more public attention to tax avoidance and evasion by the rich in one day than we have ever had. It is a roadmap of ways the wealthy aggressively minimize their taxes. Democrats can and should leverage this story to level the tax playing field for everyone.
:roll: ....yeah, look at all the msm scrutiny this is generating in the Biden family finances & business dealings.
Biden posts his tax returns on his campaign website...go ahead and chew on them all you want.
Chew on this : https://www.propublica.org/article/the- ... ns-brother

When should we expect the NYT bombshell on Hunter's earnings from Ukraine & China dealings ?
njbill

Post by njbill »

Maybe when Hunter runs for President.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

He's a fraud...

Tax Records Reveal How Fame Gave Trump a $427 Million Lifeline https://nyti.ms/3j7AI0e
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:47 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:43 am From Daniel Reck, from the London School of Economics on Twitter:
This take is always bad because we the people get to decide whether it matters with our votes and our speech. But also, think about what a potential future Biden administration (*knocks on wood*) can do with this story.

This reporting created more public attention to tax avoidance and evasion by the rich in one day than we have ever had. It is a roadmap of ways the wealthy aggressively minimize their taxes. Democrats can and should leverage this story to level the tax playing field for everyone.
:roll: ....yeah, look at all the msm scrutiny this is generating in the Biden family finances & business dealings.

When should we expect the NYT bombshell on Hunter's earnings from Ukraine & China dealings ?
Meh, I heard Hunter blew all that money from China at Turnberry, losing wagers to US flyboys on the tricky 4th hole.....

So that makes all that money ok. We're all set!! No need for an investigation!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:46 pm

Meh, I heard Hunter blew all that money from China at Turnberry, losing wagers to US flyboys on the tricky 4th hole.....

So that makes all that money ok. We're all set!! No need for an investigation!
What’s his public office?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:51 pm Maybe when Hunter runs for President.
Or Jim.

Seriously, there doesn't appear to be anything to actually "chew on" when it comes to Joe, much as Trump apologists are struggling rather desperately to suggest.

Hillary and Bill were far easier targets.

This is just more Billy Beer.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

tRUMP:

Biggest tax fraud anywhere. Small wonder why he is such a hero to the radical far right America haters.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

It's been interesting see Coulter come around on a few things the past couple of years after her split with the Trumpists.

Not sure what she means with the last sentence though, is she blaming Democrats or asking them to fix it if they ever get in office? She's had more than enough time to try to convince her own party. She also needs a better accountant if she's paying 50%...
Last edited by holmes435 on Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Can one of the IMPOTUS worshippers here defend this constant lie? He could make the "fake news" NTY story go away with one fell swoop...

Trump has claimed that he cannot release his tax records while they are being audited by the IRS — however, this is not true, writes Jake Horton for BBC News, who explains there is no legal authority prohibiting the release of presidents’ tax records during an ongoing IRS review.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54323383
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:44 am Image

It's been interesting see Coulter come around on a few things the past couple of years after her split with the Trumpists.

Not sure what she means with the last sentence though, is she blaming Democrats or asking them to fix it if they ever get in office? She's had more than enough time to try to convince her own party. She also needs a better accountant if she's paying 50%...
she makes a big nut and lives in nyc. unless she can find big writeoffs, about 50 is the number.
calourie

Post by calourie »

You're killing me Salty. Total and obvious red herring. You're better than this. Be well.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

calourie wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:02 pm

You're killing me Salty. Total and obvious red herring. You're better than this. Be well.
Evidently not...click-bait article to support his hypocrisy regarding a true crook.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:55 amshe makes a big nut and lives in nyc. unless she can find big writeoffs, about 50 is the number.
If she's paying 50% living in NYC, she desperately needs a better accountant and is probably owed a good chunk of money back. :)
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:37 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:55 amshe makes a big nut and lives in nyc. unless she can find big writeoffs, about 50 is the number.
If she's paying 50% living in NYC, she desperately needs a better accountant and is probably owed a good chunk of money back. :)
https://smartasset.com/taxes/new-york-t ... eaBrVPfuO6

maybe she can set up an llc and get $70k or so lopped off for hairstyling. or set up a commercial real estate biz. i hear there's big tax breaks there.

people are saying. look at the internet. a lot of people.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

From Adam Davidson on Twitter:
This is why I think Trump is doing more than tax avoidance.

This is from financials for the Aberdeen property. It's one page from one year, but tells a story repeated year after year.

I hope at least some stick with me (esp. @susannecraig @russbuettner @mmcintire )
1/

The thing everyone reports is the losses--the shareholder (Trump) has lost more than £7M.

But the interesting stuff is the fixed asset value and the creditors--over one year.

Trump is all of them: he owns the asset, lends the money, owes the money, is owed the money.

2/

We see the same process year after year. He lends himself millions, the asset value is increased by that same number of millions.

This happens in many years when he does no work on the property--no investment, no building.

It happened through the 2008 crash.

3/

Aberdeen was collapsing from the overall financial crisis and the--locally--far worse collapse of North Sea Oil. Property values were shrinking.

Trump Aberdeen saw the same process--no development, but huge loans from Trump and huge increase in claimed asset value.

4/

Those loans are actually spent. Here is Page 10.

You see: major outflows of cash for operations and capital. The cash on hand at end of year is only £94K.

Again--this happens in years when he spends no money on developing the course or resort.

5/
There's much more to say--each line here is fascinating.

But the overall picture is crystal clear: Every year, Trump lends millions to himself, spends all that money on something, and claims the asset is worth all the money he spent.

6/

He cannot have spent all that money on the properties. We have the planning docs. We know how much he spent--it's far less than what he claims.

The money truly disappears. It goes from one pocket to another pocket and then the pocket is opened to reveal nothing is there.

7/

A bit of this could be explained as tax avoidance or fraud. But he is going to enormous effort to falsify upwards the overall valuation of the property--the opposite of what he'd do if this was solely tax fraud.

8/

Instead, this is a huge effort to mask a money pit as an appreciating asset--in other words, one he can't write off.

That is why I am skeptical of the idea that this is all his own money.

I have shown these docs to many accountants, lawyers, prosecutors, FBI agent, etc.

9/

Nobody has come up with a plausible legitimate reason for these accounting shenanigans. And all agree it's a bit ornate and not quite right for simple tax avoidance.

The most likely explanation is, of course, money laundering.

10/

Remember: these are the cleanest financials we have from the Trump Org. They are audited and made public because of UK rules.

So, whatever is going on here should be the least sketchy thing he's doing.

Please please please check my math and my analysis.

11/

You can do this at home.

Go to:
beta.companieshouse.gov.uk

search "Trump International Golf" and open the FULL ACCOUNTS for each year.

You see a clear trend:
From 2005 to 2010, the disappearing cash is relatively low--a million or two a year.

12/

Then it grows and grows from 2010 to 2016, far outpacing his actual spending.

Then, when he becomes president, it all stops. It just remains at its inflated value without the annual loan. Which is weird, ...

13/

The family was claiming to be preparing a massive investment and surely needed money for architects, designers, planning docs, lawyers, etc.

Why would he turn off this mechanism in 2017?

14/

I am blown away by the NYT reporters work. A great 40,000 foot view of the whole forest.

But you also have to look at each tree and see what is going on.

These financials are clear: this is not a golf business, it's a money disappearing business.

15/

But, again, you can do all this at home. Free and sort of easy.

16/end

Oh, forgot to make the most obvious point:

If this is a money disappearing business and it is not only tax fraud, then he is making money disappear for somebody else and charging some sort of fee. Which might explain why a money-losing golf course pays huge fees to its owner.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Money laundering, knowingly or un, was my early pick. The property in Florida he offed by a factor of 10x, in the recession, to a Russian.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:45 am Can one of the IMPOTUS worshippers here defend this constant lie? He could make the "fake news" NTY story go away with one fell swoop...

Trump has claimed that he cannot release his tax records while they are being audited by the IRS — however, this is not true, writes Jake Horton for BBC News, who explains there is no legal authority prohibiting the release of presidents’ tax records during an ongoing IRS review.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54323383
One thing I have learned on a personal level about trumps tax shenanigans... I now know what fair share of taxes really is... ZERO BABY!! 8-)
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
njbill

Post by njbill »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:19 pm Money laundering, knowingly or un, was my early pick. The property in Florida he offed by a factor of 10x, in the recession, to a Russian.
Boy, I should be in the money laundering business.

I’ll sell my house to anyone for cash for 10 times what it is worth.

Any takers?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

calourie wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:02 pm

I used to think so too; but this is who he is.

Return to “POLITICS”