2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by dislaxxic »

njbill wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:31 amMaybe. Depends who did the leak.

Maybe they can put the same crack team on this that has been trying for four years to figure out who leaked Flynn’s Kislyak call to David Ignatius.

As Kellyanne would say, let me know when the jail sentence starts.
Did they ever figure out who leaked James Comey's letter about reopening the HRC email investigation? It was one of the Gang of Eight. We can, perhaps, rule out the Democratic members and staff of the Gang...no?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:15 am Hell, If MDLF76 wants Trump's children jailed for Trump's fraud, if that's where we are on this, why should Hunter/Joe get a pass?
Hunter should be investigated for tax fraud like any other person. If Joe participated in fraud, he too should suffer the consequences. If Trump’s children were active participants in his fraud, they too should suffer the consequences. Why would anyone expect less?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:51 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:15 am Hell, If MDLF76 wants Trump's children jailed for Trump's fraud, if that's where we are on this, why should Hunter/Joe get a pass?
Hunter should be investigated for tax fraud like any other person. If Joe participated in fraud, he too should suffer the consequences. If Trump’s children were active participants in his fraud, they too should suffer the consequences. Why would anyone expect less?
Absolutely.
Tax cheats and bank fraudsters should go to jail.

In this case, we're talking at least hundreds of thousands of dollars of cheating and fraud, and very likely 10's of millions of dollars of such. Theft from the American taxpayers. Bank theft.

Go to jail.

I have zero doubt of Trump's guilt, Trump's children may or may not be complicit, but my hunch is that they are.

I haven't seen any basis to suggest either would apply to Hunter Biden. But if there is, by all means investigate and prosecute if indeed there. I very much doubt that such could be found on Joe Biden, his taxes have long been an open book.

Jail time for guilt.

You ask the right question, "Why would anyone expect less?"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:07 am
Absolutely.

In this case, we're talking at least hundreds of thousands of dollars of cheating and fraud, and very likely 10's of millions of dollars of such. Theft from the American taxpayers. Bank theft.

Go to jail.

I have zero doubt of Trump's guilt, Trump's children may or may not be complicit, but my hunch is that they are.

I haven't seen any basis to suggest either would apply to Hunter Biden. But if there is, by all means investigate and prosecute if indeed there. I very much doubt that such could be found on Joe Biden, his taxes have long been an open book.

Jail time for guilt.

I have zero doubt of Trump's guilt, :roll:

How does anyone treat this guy seriously? You have "zero" doubt, MD? Apparently you've quizzed all his bankers and associates and studied the loan documents, spoken with the dozens of accountants and lawyers who prepared his returns? You've studied his hard and intangible assets and spoken to 3rd party appraisers, you've had the time to speak with all the IRS case agents on Trump for the last 30 years and understand now why they waited 30 years to bring charges?

:roll: :roll:

Wouldn't it be easier to just say 'I hate the guy so much I refuse to use my common sense when I post about him'?

:lol:
njbill

Post by njbill »

Because they didn’t commit any crimes.

Do you seriously doubt that Bill Barr wouldn’t have indicted Hunter Biden already if there was any possible basis to do so?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:14 am
Because they didn’t commit any crimes.

Do you seriously doubt that Bill Barr wouldn’t have indicted Hunter Biden already if there was any possible basis to do so?

And you think Preet Bharara wouldn't have indicted Trump? Trump went on about the birther thing for a long time....giving any agitated partisan hack AG the incentive to jam him up on jaywalking charges.

:roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ignore trolls.

However, it's a legitimate question as to my characterization of 'zero doubt'.

I've been consistent, based on my prior knowledge of Trump and his business activities, that he's a known liar, cheat, fraud, con man...in every aspect of his life.

No one in the financial world who actually knows the Trump saga thinks otherwise. It's well understood.

And all evidence that has been revealed over time reinforces this reality.

He's spent millions upon millions in legal fees and payoffs and settlements to avoid jail, delaying the full reckoning.

Thus, my consistency is only bolstered with further detail.

If the "suckers" want to think otherwise, that's on them. Hopefully the number of suckers is shrinking.
njbill

Post by njbill »

The new “information” about Hunter comes from Republican senators based on Russian sources.

Unless or until any real evidence is shown, reasonable people will take this with a grain of salt.

Regardless, the reports are that there is no suggestion of any criminal activity.

And, of course, nothing whatsoever to link any of it to Joe.

As I have said multiple times, what is the basis to link the activity of an adult (mid 40s) son to the father? How many of you have adult kids? Are you responsible for what they do?

I have thought for sometime now that Trump’s winning the presidency is going to end up being the worst thing, personally, that ever happened to him and his children.

He, himself, will likely face a number of criminal charges from state and federal prosecutors. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if his three children from his first marriage also end up being indicted.

I also predict that some of his descendants will change their last name to avoid the ignominy of being associated with The Donald.

Of course, it seems virtually certain that Trump will issue blanket pardons to his children before he leaves office. That will not insulate them from any civil liability to the IRS or from any state criminal prosecutions.

The guy is so brazen, he will likely issue a pardon to himself and force the validity of the pardon to be litigated all the way up to the supreme court where he will lose, even with the three justices he appointed. My money says the vote will be 9-0.
Last edited by njbill on Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

while the breathless coverage and leak is expected, it'd be more than a little surprising if many are flummoxed at this bombshell. trump companies, like hundreds of thousands like them, are given "lease" to take advantage of a tax code that allows businesses across the globe to skate on taxes if you can find an expense for it. amazon et.al. continues to do quite well in keeping all the dough in-house. if the donald took a dime in salary or like compensation given his options, he should fire his cfo.

and also given his past business outcomes, you'd think he'd have options for identifying losses. we'll see how it all runs out. it certainly wouldn't be surprising if he played more fast and loose than rightly available to him with an edict of "zero it out".

the timing is a little surprising. thought this was coming in october. maybe was set for 1st debate and for the hundreds of millions the dnc has to spend over the next 5-6 weeks. and now that some mail ins are out. given that, i expect some other signif headlines over the next couple weeks.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I found this interesting 4 years ago. At the time I remember thinking it seemed like an in-earnest, relatively even-handed history of both the candidates the last time around:

https://www.pbs.org/weta/washingtonweek ... hoice-2016

They recently released the 2020 version and I haveyet to watch to see how/if it's changed/updated...

Last edited by kramerica.inc on Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Wanna bet Jeff Bezos pays more than $750 or $0 in personal taxes?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

At long last, the New York Times has Donald Trump’s tax returns. The picture they paint, put shortly, is one of epic financial malfeasance, likely criminal tax avoidance on a massive scale, probable bank fraud, opulent living at taxpayer expense, unethical self-dealing and wild recklessness more becoming a buffoonish French aristocrat or drunken sailor than a prudent businessman. Donald Trump’s approach to business and tax compliance appears to have been the same as his approach to politics: tell outrageous lies, play the government and creditors for fools, steal everything not nailed down today, figure out how to solve tomorrow’s consequences tomorrow, and already be onto the next con before anyone can catch him on the last one.

But despite its potential to land the entire Trump family in penury and jail, what is far more terrifying for the country isn’t what lies in his past of tax avoidance. It’s the time bomb of debt that lies in Trump’s very near future. It’s about the mystery of who owns Trump’s outlandish debts, and the degree of secret power they may be wielding over the country.

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2020/09/2 ... e-country/
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:33 am Wanna bet Jeff Bezos pays more than $750 or $0 in personal taxes?
wanna bet he's worth more and makes more than donald? and sells more stock in his company every year? and that it constitutes 95-99.8% of his income?
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:11 am
Absolutely.

Go to jail.

Jail time for guilt.

How does anyone treat this guy seriously? You have "zero" doubt, MD? Apparently you've quizzed all his bankers and associates and studied the loan documents, spoken with the dozens of accountants and lawyers who prepared his returns? You've studied his hard and intangible assets and spoken to 3rd party appraisers, you've had the time to speak with all the IRS case agents on Trump for the last 30 years and understand now why they waited 30 years to bring charges?

Wouldn't it be easier to just say 'I hate the guy so much I refuse to use my common sense when I post about him'?

All of his bankers? You mean all two of them? Trump has said he values his assets based on his gut and what HE thinks they are worth.....but you don’t believe him.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:43 am
Absolutely.

Go to jail.

Jail time for guilt.

All of his bankers? You mean all two of them? Trump has said he values his assets based on his gut and what HE thinks they are worth.....but you don’t believe him.

Do you know how many people at even one bank weigh in on loan applications the size that Trump is accused of having prior to approval? And his loans, given the size, are likely syndicated out (though I don't know that for sure); that brings in dozens more people reviewing apps.

You guys seem to think Trump simply rings up the CEO of Deutchse and asks for half a billion and it's approved on the call. It's, ummmmmmmmmm, slightly more complicated than that, and it involves, ummmmmmmmmm, dozens of people reviewing voluminous loan documents.
njbill

Post by njbill »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:36 am
njbill wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:33 am Wanna bet Jeff Bezos pays more than $750 or $0 in personal taxes?
wanna bet he's worth more and makes more than donald? and sells more stock in his company every year? and that it constitutes 95-99.8% of his income?
That’s a different issue. You tried to justify the fact that Trump pays nothing in taxes by analogizing to Amazon.

I responded that that is not a good analogy. You have to compare what each paid individually.

I don’t know what Bezos’ sources of personal income are, but I am willing to bet he paid a lot more in taxes than Trump.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Just one guy's opinion:

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... ntent=view

"In a tour de force of hard won reporting, the New York Times has put numerical clothing on what we’ve known about President Donald Trump for decades — that, at best, he’s a haphazard businessman, human billboard and serial bankruptcy artist who gorges on debt he may have a hard time repaying.

The Times, in a news story published Sunday evening that disclosed years of the president’s tax returns, also put a lot of clothing on things we didn’t know. Trump paid just $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, the year he was elected president, and the same amount the following year, when he entered the White House. In many years recently he hasn’t paid anything at all. He has played so fast and loose with the taxman that he’s entangled in an audit. He paid his daughter Ivanka lush consulting fees that he deducted as a business expense even though she helped him manage the Trump Organization. And he’s taken questionable tax write-offs on everything from getting his hair coifed to managing his personal residences.

Step away from the tragicomic tawdriness and grift that the tax returns define, however, and focus on what they reveal about Trump as the most powerful man in the world and occupant of the Oval Office.

Due to his indebtedness, his reliance on income from overseas and his refusal to authentically distance himself from his hodgepodge of business, Trump represents a profound national security threat – a threat that will only escalate if he’s re-elected. The tax returns also show the extent to which Trump has repeatedly betrayed the interests of many of the average Americans who elected him and remain his most loyal supporters.

I have some history with Trump and his taxes. Trump sued me for libel in 2006 for a biography I wrote, “TrumpNation,” claiming the book misrepresented his track record as a businessman and lowballed the size of his fortune. He lost the suit in 2011. During the litigation, Trump resisted releasing his tax returns and other financial records. My lawyers got the returns, and while I can’t disclose specifics of what I saw, I imagine that Trump has always refused to release them because they would reveal how robust his businesses and finances actually are and shine a light on some of his foreign sources of income. The Times has now solved that problem for us.

According to the Times, Trump has about $421 million in debts which he has personally guaranteed and which are coming due over the next several years. This is consistent with earlier reporting about how much debt he carries, a chunk of which could be gleaned from the personal financial disclosures he is required to file with the federal government. But Trump’s overall indebtedness is greater than the Times tally, I believe.

Russ Choma reported in Mother Jones last summer that Trump’s debts were nearly $500 million and would come due in relatively short order, pressuring the president’s finances. But Trump’s debts are even bigger than that, and he’s worked hard to keep them hidden for decades. Dan Alexander, a senior editor at Forbes, has been covering Trump’s business interests since 2016 and has a new book out about the president’s financial conflicts of interest, “White House Inc.” Alexander, in a helpful tally he shared Sunday evening, estimates Trump’s total indebtedness to be about $1.1 billion. Now that’s more like it.

Trump has been bloviating about being worth $10 billion ever since he entered the 2016 presidential race, a figure that simply isn’t true. He’s worth a fraction of that amount, and the larger his indebtedness becomes, the more strain it puts on his assets. The Covid-19 pandemic has taken a particularly brutal toll on the sectors in which the Trump Organization operates — real estate, travel and leisure. If Trump is unable to meet his debt payments, he’s either going to have to sell assets or get bailed out by a friend with funds. Trump has never liked to sell anything, even when it’s hemorrhaging money. So if he’s tempted to save himself by getting a handout, that makes him a mark.

If Trump was still just a reality TV oddity, that wouldn’t be earthshaking. But he’s president, and the trade-offs someone like him would be willing to make to save his face and his wallet taint every public policy decision he makes – including issues around national security. If Vladimir Putin, for example, can backchannel a loan or a handout to the president, how hard is Trump going to be on Russia? Not that we should worry about Trump’s relationship with Putin. That’s just a hypothetical question.

Trump’s own history of avoiding tax payments – and often paying nothing -- is the other issue that should alarm the president’s supporters. Trump and the Republican Party engineered a massive tax cut in 2017 that largely benefitted the most affluent Americans and the largest corporations in the U.S. Now we learn that the president who pushed a tax cut that didn’t deliver the economic stimulus he claimed it would, but feathered the nests of the most privileged, has rarely paid taxes in recent years.

Trump paid $750 in taxes the year he was elected! That’s way less than the $130,000 in hush money he paid Stormy Daniels. In 2012, Trump criticized Barack Obama for “only” paying $161,950 in taxes. That’s a lot more than $750 too! And it’s a lot more than the $0 in taxes Trump frequently paid.

Trump even paid far less than his really wealthy buddies. As Times reporter David Leonhardt noted, “Over the past two decades, Mr. Trump has paid about $400 million less in combined federal income taxes than a very wealthy person who paid the average for that group each year.” It’s even more troubling when you compare Trump’s tax payments to an American household earning about $75,000 in 2016. Those folks paid about $14,000 in federal income taxes — which is also a lot more than $750.

Anyone buying Trump’s tripe about looking out for the little guy while he occupies the White House, or who takes their lives in their hands attending one of his Covid-19-defying campaign rallies, should bear in mind one of the many things the Times’s reporting substantiates: The president of the United States is in it only for himself, and he’s laughing all the way to the bank. And he’s laughing at you, too."
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:49 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:43 am
Absolutely.

Go to jail.

Jail time for guilt.

Do you know how many people at even one bank weigh in on loan applications the size that Trump is accused of having prior to approval? And his loans, given the size, are likely syndicated out (though I don't know that for sure); that brings in dozens more people reviewing apps.

You guys seem to think Trump simply rings up the CEO of Deutchse and asks for half a billion and it's approved on the call. It's, ummmmmmmmmm, slightly more complicated than that, and it involves, ummmmmmmmmm, dozens of people reviewing voluminous loan documents.
Ummmm yes..... that is why he has two banks and only one of which you have ever heard of.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:58 am
That’s a different issue. You tried to justify the fact that Trump pays nothing in taxes by analogizing to Amazon.

I responded that that is not a good analogy. You have to compare what each paid individually.

I don’t know what Bezos’ sources of personal income are, but I am willing to bet he paid a lot more in taxes than Trump.
we'll agree to disagree. considering neither of us know the ins and outs, my left field guess is trump is a lot closer to = to amazon than trump is = to bezos.

a guess... trump lives as an expense to his companies. that's how he's lived the high life. did he declare a salary? gains on ownership sold that were offset by losses on ownership cap gains?

they're very likely different animals. and i didn't justify anything. that's what you read in. i don't like that possible outcome any more than you do. the minions pay.

whenever trump decided to run for public office, he shoulda told his cpas to give himself a couple mill in income so when this ultimately broke, it'd look like he was paying more than 99% of america. his hubris let him down. or he just couldn't bear sending money to uncle sam.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:12 am
njbill wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:58 am

we'll agree to disagree. considering neither of us know the ins and outs, my left field guess is trump is a lot closer to = to amazon than trump is = to bezos.

a guess... trump lives as an expense to his companies. that's how he's lived the high life. did he declare a salary? gains on ownership sold that were offset by losses on ownership cap gains?

they're very likely different animals. and i didn't justify anything. that's what you read in. i don't like that possible outcome any more than you do. the minions pay.

whenever trump decided to run for public office, he shoulda told his cpas to give himself a couple mill in income so when this ultimately broke, it'd look like he was paying more than 99% of america. his hubris let him down. or he just couldn't bear sending money to uncle sam.

I'd agree with this. But we have not seen from what I have read either his 2018 or 2019 tax return, and perhaps they do show just that: a high rate of tax. I believe the 2006-8 returns showed tax payments of $72,000,000.

Return to “POLITICS”