Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Oldbarndog

Re: Orange Duce

Post by Oldbarndog »

"Deducted $70k in hair styling expenses."

Wow! Hair transplant here I come. I can itemize that? Who knew? Interogative: Does it have to be Bozo the Clown L'Orange?
"Dear Naps. Sorry I was such a jerk to you when I was a kid"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Oldbarndog wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:13 am "Deducted $70k in hair styling expenses."

Wow! Hair transplant here I come. I can itemize that? Who knew? Interogative: Does it have to be Bozo the Clown L'Orange?

get a show on television and you can deduct it. otherwise, your deduction will disallowed.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:26 am
Oldbarndog wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:13 am "Deducted $70k in hair styling expenses."

get a show on television and you can deduct it. otherwise, your deduction will disallowed.
The real horror is how much the OD is getting ripped off with those expenses...

(although Cohen last night said Trump cut his own hair...)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:27 am

By the way, Oprah isn't popping her head out of any hole in this regard today. I suspect she deducts considerably more than Trump.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:01 pmTrump's strategy is to trigger irrational hysteria in his critics to energize his base.
Right. It's what he's been doing since he was the Playboy of Page 6 in NYC. Same ol' con. Inappropriate and potentially downright dangerous in the Oval Office. He clearly doesn't belong there. Here's hoping and praying the country comes to its senses. The handwriting is SO CLEARLY on the wall.

Live by the con, die by the con.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:44 am
old salt wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:01 pmTrump's strategy is to trigger irrational hysteria in his critics to energize his base.
Right. It's what he's been doing since he was the Playboy of Page 6 in NYC. Same ol' con. Inappropriate and potentially downright dangerous in the Oval Office. He clearly doesn't belong there. Here's hoping and praying the country comes to its senses. The handwriting is SO CLEARLY on the wall.

Nope. The people knew all of these things when he was duly elected. Since he is POTUS, the citizenry is to show unwavering support because in The United States of America 🇺🇸, the citizens’ support should be unconditional, particularly if you like some of his policy positions.

Trump - Pence 2020
MAGA by VFTA
4 Mo’ Years!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:55 am

Nope. The people knew all of these things when he was duly elected. Since he is POTUS, the citizenry is to show unwavering support because in The United States of America 🇺🇸, the citizens’ support should be unconditional, particularly if you like some of his policy positions.

Trump - Pence 2020
MAGA by VFTA
4 Mo’ Years!

You libs have a few more cities to burn down first before Trump can be re-elected. Keep doing that to get him some more votes,
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:07 am

Trump - Pence 2020
MAGA by VFTA
4 Mo’ Years!

You libs have a few more cities to burn down first before Trump can be re-elected. Keep doing that to get him some more votes,
What this country needs is a good businessman in office

Not a bad one.....how much were you paid for this appearance?

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:10 am

Trump - Pence 2020
MAGA by VFTA
4 Mo’ Years!

Do libs here at Fanlax ever have any common sense or irrefutable facts, or do they simply echo each other's idiocy? Is this a symptom or a bug at Fanlax specifically?

I just told MDLax to save us all the time by simply saying at the start of every post: "Public Service Announcement: I hate Trump so much I refuse to use common sense and facts any longer so my posts might be useless for anyone looking for quality arguments".

I feel like you too TLD could do the same.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:15 am

Trump - Pence 2020
MAGA by VFTA
4 Mo’ Years!

Do libs here at Fanlax ever have any common sense or irrefutable facts, or do they simply echo each other's idiocy? Is this a symptom or a bug at Fanlax specifically?

I just told MDLax to save us all the time by simply saying at the start of every post: "Public Service Announcement: I hate Trump so much I refuse to use common sense and facts any longer so my posts might be useless for anyone looking for quality arguments".

You believe Trump is a great businessman? You are free to have that opinion. I prefer the facts. All the “facts” point otherwise but he says those are not the real facts. It’s a free country. You are entitled to your opinion. We will see if any of his actions are illegal. I don’t know if that’s the case or not but it would not surprise me. Many people have gone to jail for tax fraud.....it’s not a novel concept.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Can you imagine spending $70k on hair styling and have it look that bad?

Also, a reminder that Ivana accused Donald of violently raping her after a hair transplant went wrong by a surgeon she recommended.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:29 am

Trump - Pence 2020
MAGA by VFTA
4 Mo’ Years!

You believe Trump is a great businessman? You are free to have that opinion. I prefer the facts. All the “facts” point otherwise but he says those are not the real facts. It’s a free country. You are entitled to your opinion. We will see if any of his actions are illegal. I don’t know if that’s the case or not but it would not surprise me. Many people have gone to jail for tax fraud.....it’s not a novel concept.

Do you seriously believe that the IRS or the SDNY would not have jammed up Trump by now if they had the goods on the guy? You are not serious if you think this.

Also, you think these tax documents were segregated from anyone's prying eyes at either DOJ or the IRS for 20+ years? :lol:

The DNC and NYT had these for over a year at least. It's all a calculated organized timeline of 'bad news' by both the media and the DNC is all. How you can't see that is beyond me. I feel like I'm talking with elementary school kids here. Woodward, Cohen, Tax, what else has been revealed the last month? And it's always one story per week. :roll:

And mind you, I think Trump is less than meets the eye business-wise, plus all POTUS candidates should be required by law to release their returns audit or not. Believing that though does not blind me to what's going on...
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:44 am The DNC and NYT had these for over a year at least. It's all a calculated organized timeline of 'bad news' by both the media and the DNC is all
That's quite the system of ethics you're using: don't judge the news; instead, blame the messenger.

I'll be sure to use this one on you. I'm sure you'll agree that the messenger is the problem, right?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:48 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:44 am The DNC and NYT had these for over a year at least. It's all a calculated organized timeline of 'bad news' by both the media and the DNC is all
That's quite the system of ethics you're using: don't judge the news; instead, blame the messenger.

I'll be sure to use this one on you. I'm sure you'll agree that the messenger is the problem, right?

I'm not 'blaming' anyone (certainly not messengers; I laugh at them) other than the people who gullibly swallow the timelines of incredibly-perfectly-timed releases. Odd that everything didn't happen in one week! :lol:

How can you be this naive is my only question. I swear, we have gone brain dead.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:44 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:29 am

Trump - Pence 2020
MAGA by VFTA
4 Mo’ Years!

Do you seriously believe that the IRS or the SDNY would not have jammed up Trump by now if they had the goods on the guy? You are not serious if you think this.

Also, you think these tax documents were segregated from anyone's prying eyes at either DOJ or the IRS for 20+ years? :lol:

The DNC and NYT had these for over a year at least. It's all a calculated organized timeline of 'bad news' by both the media and the DNC is all. How you can't see that is beyond me. I feel like I'm talking with elementary school kids here. Woodward, Cohen, Tax, what else has been revealed the last month? And it's always one story per week. :roll:

And mind you, I think Trump is less than meets the eye business-wise, plus all POTUS candidates should be required by law to release their returns audit or not. Believing that though does not blind me to what's going on...
I have no idea. We will see. Innocent until FOUND guilty is my motto.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:41 am

By the way, Oprah isn't popping her head out of any hole in this regard today. I suspect she deducts considerably more than Trump.
Now there is a logical conclusion to draw if there ever was one.

What do you think she pays in taxes?
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:44 am The DNC and NYT had these for over a year at least. It's all a calculated organized timeline of 'bad news' by both the media and the DNC is all. How you can't see that is beyond me. I feel like I'm talking with elementary school kids here. Woodward, Cohen, Tax, what else has been revealed the last month? And it's always one story per week. :roll:
You are overreaching with your DNC comment. No proof of that.

But, sure, clearly the NYT has had this stuff for some time. This isn’t the type of article written on a Saturday morning.

And, sure, there is a coordinated roll out. If you haven’t noticed, Pete, a massive section of this country wants Trump out of office. No surprise that there would be coordination across-the-board to get this very dangerous man out of the White House.

And it isn’t even October yet. I am sure there is much, much more to come. Maybe Carville will end up being right.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Given what Billy Barr has done to the DOJ, I do not think that the fact that Trump has not been charged is because there are no "goods" to get. I think they were not actually looking, even though they should be.

I lived in NJ way back in some of those early casino days (85-87) for my postdoc, and it was quite clear to me than OD was a crook at that time. But he used the money he controlled (either his family inheritance or his investor's money) to sue, sue, sue and so far has used that aggressiveness to skate.

I think the bill is becoming due soon...and that it absolutely needs to be paid (no pardon!).
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:04 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:41 am

Now there is a logical conclusion to draw if there ever was one.

What do you think she pays in taxes?

Don't know and don't care. What I would say is she is not a real estate professional, hence her returns won't look like nor have the same deductions as a guy like Trump. Hers are probably hedge fund K1's and various 1099's. I would guess that her effective tax rate today is quite a bit less than the top tax rate because he relies on so many undistributed cap gains.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:14 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:44 am The DNC and NYT had these for over a year at least. It's all a calculated organized timeline of 'bad news' by both the media and the DNC is all. How you can't see that is beyond me. I feel like I'm talking with elementary school kids here. Woodward, Cohen, Tax, what else has been revealed the last month? And it's always one story per week. :roll:
You are overreaching with your DNC comment. No proof of that.

But, sure, clearly the NYT has had this stuff for some time. This isn’t the type of article written on a Saturday morning.

And, sure, there is a coordinated roll out. If you haven’t noticed, Pete, a massive section of this country wants Trump out of office. No surprise that there would be coordination across-the-board to get this very dangerous man out of the White House.

And it isn’t even October yet. I am sure there is much, much more to come. Maybe Carville will end up being right.

Well at least you can admit the process and likelihoods of media collusion, something most on the left won't. It's way too formulaic at this stage, and because (I agree) many are energized by the guy, they also won't look behind the green door to see what the deal is.

One thing I would say is the oppo rollouts are very sophisticated.

Return to “POLITICS”