2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by njbill »

Joe won’t take the bait. None of Wallace’s questions will be about irrelevant issues (should we get into the criminal investigation against Eric?).

If Trump tries to get personal, Biden can simply pivot and ignore him. It will make Trump look petty (easy to do) and Biden presidential.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:16 pm Joe won’t take the bait. None of Wallace’s questions will be about irrelevant issues (should we get into the criminal investigation against Eric?).

If Trump tries to get personal, Biden can simply pivot and ignore him. It will make Trump look petty (easy to do) and Biden presidential.
Pivot and ignore would be the right move. Easy to say and harder to do. Bidens dislike for trump goes beyond skin deep. IMO it is easier for trump to dump on Biden than to discuss his knowledge of the issues.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:25 am
njbill wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:16 pm Joe won’t take the bait. None of Wallace’s questions will be about irrelevant issues (should we get into the criminal investigation against Eric?).

Pivot and ignore would be the right move. Easy to say and harder to do. Bidens dislike for trump goes beyond skin deep. IMO it is easier for trump to dump on Biden than to discuss his knowledge of the issues.
My guess....Trump will act and appear more presidential he ever has .... unless Biden is cocked and loaded to send jabs the entire night in an attempt to get Trump off his game.

IMO - If Trump comes out swinging and throwing haymakers, that does not bode well....his rallies are for that. He is jockeying for those undecided voters...they want to see and hear where we are headed.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

drip-drip-drip....https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ebody-pus/

Mr. Biden said Ms. Harris, a senator from California, is “so good” and “so damn bright and knowledgeable.”

“She’s ready to be president on day one if I - if somebody pushed me off a roof or something,” he said. “There are a lot of really fine women that I had to choose from, but I think she’s ready on day one.”

Maybe this is why she bounced early in the primary...so the DNC could pair her with their choice.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Been saying it a few times- I don’t think Biden makes it a year in office.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:46 am drip-drip-drip....https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ebody-pus/

Mr. Biden said Ms. Harris, a senator from California, is “so good” and “so damn bright and knowledgeable.”

“She’s ready to be president on day one if I - if somebody pushed me off a roof or something,” he said. “There are a lot of really fine women that I had to choose from, but I think she’s ready on day one.”

Maybe this is why she bounced early in the primary...so the DNC could pair her with their choice.

She's truly awful. I honestly can't find one redeeming quality about her; maybe that she's not yet an anarchist?

At this point you don’t even need to fly a Trump flag outside your house. Just fly an American flag & everyone will know who you’re voting for.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Flag flies on my house 365 days a year. And I’m 100% Never Trump.

Country over party is patriotic.

MAGA not patriotic at all.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:42 pm Flag flies on my house 365 days a year. And I’m 100% Never Trump.

+1 our flag is for all Americans.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:42 pm Flag flies on my house 365 days a year. And I’m 100% Never Trump.

Our 4th of July little flags have remained up all summer and into the fall.
Probably should pack'em up, but I'm feeling ornery.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I'm fascinated to hear any Democrat square flying the American flag when a significant segment of the Democratic party demands that you NOT fly the American flag.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2020/se ... nd-threats
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:56 pm

It used to be...

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/09/27/l ... -unlawful/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tland.html

njbill

Post by njbill »

Pete, what do you think the design on the flag will look like with 52 stars?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:26 pm Pete, what do you think the design on the flag will look like with 52 stars?

Us Southerners will simply reclaim the flag and make it Texas, Ark, OK, MS, AL, LA, GA, NC, SC, FL, KY, half of Virginia, WV, and TN: 14 stars. :lol:

Anyhow, granting either DC or Puerto Rico is idiotic for too many reasons to get into. DC and Northern Virginia should just make up a state of federal employees, so when a true conservative gets elected, we can fire them all and watch that state fail. Puerto Rico should become their own country as they themselves desire; we get absolutely nothing out of that trade other than some nice people and the ability to fly there without a passport. IT remains the single worst island in the Caribbean.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Well if you like the 50 star version, after we add DC in Puerto Rico, we could combine North and South Dakota and North and South Carolina.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

The President’s Taxes
Long-Concealed Records Show Trump’s Chronic Losses and Years of Tax Avoidance
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... e=Homepage
The Times obtained Donald Trump’s tax information extending over more than two decades, revealing struggling properties, vast write-offs, an audit battle and hundreds of millions in debt coming due.

By Russ Buettner, Susanne Craig and Mike McIntire

Sept. 27, 2020

Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.

He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made.

As the president wages a re-election campaign that polls say he is in danger of losing, his finances are under stress, beset by losses and hundreds of millions of dollars in debt coming due that he has personally guaranteed. Also hanging over him is a decade-long audit battle with the Internal Revenue Service over the legitimacy of a $72.9 million tax refund that he claimed, and received, after declaring huge losses. An adverse ruling could cost him more than $100 million.

The tax returns that Mr. Trump has long fought to keep private tell a story fundamentally different from the one he has sold to the American public. His reports to the I.R.S. portray a businessman who takes in hundreds of millions of dollars a year yet racks up chronic losses that he aggressively employs to avoid paying taxes. Now, with his financial challenges mounting, the records show that he depends more and more on making money from businesses that put him in potential and often direct conflict of interest with his job as president.

The New York Times has obtained tax-return data extending over more than two decades for Mr. Trump and the hundreds of companies that make up his business organization, including detailed information from his first two years in office. It does not include his personal returns for 2018 or 2019. This article offers an overview of The Times’s findings; additional articles will be published in the coming weeks.

The returns are some of the most sought-after, and speculated-about, records in recent memory. In Mr. Trump’s nearly four years in office — and across his endlessly hyped decades in the public eye — journalists, prosecutors, opposition politicians and conspiracists have, with limited success, sought to excavate the enigmas of his finances. By their very nature, the filings will leave many questions unanswered, many questioners unfulfilled. They comprise information that Mr. Trump has disclosed to the I.R.S., not the findings of an independent financial examination. They report that Mr. Trump owns hundreds of millions of dollars in valuable assets, but they do not reveal his true wealth. Nor do they reveal any previously unreported connections to Russia.
My bolding - this is a very long article, and looks like they really have the goods.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:13 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:56 pm

It used to be...

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/09/27/l ... -unlawful/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tland.html

It angers me as much as it does any American who loves this country. I would treat them in the same regard i have suggested we treat the far right extremists. Ignore them and know in your heart that America is strong enough to survive the stupid stunts these idiots pull off. I know in my heart that most of us folks on this forum, with perhaps the exception of one person, love this country and want us to succeed as a nation and as individuals. The fact we can disagree on this forum is because we all have the right guaranteed to us of free speech. There are alot of countries in this world we could not say the things we say for public consumption. We would wind up in a prison cell somewhere maybe never to be heard from again.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:57 pm

Our 4th of July little flags have remained up all summer and into the fall.
Probably should pack'em up, but I'm feeling ornery.
The ones in my marigolds out front are pretty beat up. My wife just put out the fall flag on our little post. I think tomorrow the marigolds and the flags will be retired until next year.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

RedFromMI wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:50 pm

The President’s Taxes
Long-Concealed Records Show Trump’s Chronic Losses and Years of Tax Avoidance
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... e=Homepage
The Times obtained Donald Trump’s tax information extending over more than two decades, revealing struggling properties, vast write-offs, an audit battle and hundreds of millions in debt coming due.

By Russ Buettner, Susanne Craig and Mike McIntire

Sept. 27, 2020

Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.

He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made.

As the president wages a re-election campaign that polls say he is in danger of losing, his finances are under stress, beset by losses and hundreds of millions of dollars in debt coming due that he has personally guaranteed. Also hanging over him is a decade-long audit battle with the Internal Revenue Service over the legitimacy of a $72.9 million tax refund that he claimed, and received, after declaring huge losses. An adverse ruling could cost him more than $100 million.

The tax returns that Mr. Trump has long fought to keep private tell a story fundamentally different from the one he has sold to the American public. His reports to the I.R.S. portray a businessman who takes in hundreds of millions of dollars a year yet racks up chronic losses that he aggressively employs to avoid paying taxes. Now, with his financial challenges mounting, the records show that he depends more and more on making money from businesses that put him in potential and often direct conflict of interest with his job as president.

The New York Times has obtained tax-return data extending over more than two decades for Mr. Trump and the hundreds of companies that make up his business organization, including detailed information from his first two years in office. It does not include his personal returns for 2018 or 2019. This article offers an overview of The Times’s findings; additional articles will be published in the coming weeks.

The returns are some of the most sought-after, and speculated-about, records in recent memory. In Mr. Trump’s nearly four years in office — and across his endlessly hyped decades in the public eye — journalists, prosecutors, opposition politicians and conspiracists have, with limited success, sought to excavate the enigmas of his finances. By their very nature, the filings will leave many questions unanswered, many questioners unfulfilled. They comprise information that Mr. Trump has disclosed to the I.R.S., not the findings of an independent financial examination. They report that Mr. Trump owns hundreds of millions of dollars in valuable assets, but they do not reveal his true wealth. Nor do they reveal any previously unreported connections to Russia.
My bolding - this is a very long article, and looks like they really have the goods.
This is a stupid question I know. How does the IRS not catch all this stuff a long time ago? My wife and I had a mistake in a 401K disbursement by a financial institution and those folks at the IRS were over that in no time flat. I thought that is what the folks at the IRS did best... find people playing fast and loose with their taxes. How silly am I? There are different rules for middle income taxpayers and supposedly billionaire real estate tycoons. What was I thinking? :roll:
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:38 pm Well if you like the 50 star version, after we add DC in Puerto Rico, we could combine North and South Dakota and North and South Carolina.
I have a Betsy Ross 13 star flag in my basement I bought right after 9/11. I can't fly it now because to some rather whacky FLP folks it now is a symbol of the far right wing extremist movement. Who would of thunk it that 19 years ago I was sooooo very un American to ever purchase such a flag? :roll:
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:38 pm Well if you like the 50 star version, after we add DC in Puerto Rico, we could combine North and South Dakota and North and South Carolina.

In a moment here of sobriety, what besides more Democratic electoral votes does adding PR as a state do for you as an American? They themselves prefer to be an independent country. But really, what’s the rationale? Have you actually been to PR? Outside the Ritz Carlton that is. Do you, uhhhhhh, feel that PR is a net win for America?

I’m genuinely interested in replies. I won’t mock anyone.

Return to “POLITICS”