Loyola Greyhounds 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
houndace1

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2021

Post by houndace1 »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:23 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:09 am I cant wait to see this team compete in the next few years... Dont sleep on the hounds. They are built to be in the hunt the next few years. Cupboard is stocked.
US lacrosse magazine doing a way to early ranking...which is alway fun to look at...

Loyola comes in at #12

Notes Loyola didn't absorb heavy losses to graduation...talked about some early injuries last year and two bad halves vs UVA and Duke, but otherwise was trending ok in the post Pat Spencer era...

Notes Olmstead and Lindley anchor the attack and calls out Kamish and Poitras as young guys to look at moving forward as key contributors...

Also notes that Savio is a huge plus returning and a stacked defense coming back with skill, experience and depth...

Noted as a key challenger in the Patriot...which is expected if you're a Hounds fan and follower...
The pieces coming back are nice, as well as the freshmen who just arrived on campus. Looking forward if there is a season to be played. But Hey, if Big 10 football is coming back, it will be hard to justify spring sports being canceled. Let's see what the lax schedule looks like too if it comes out in a couple months. I got 8 free tickets to mens lax games to redeem :D
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

houndace1 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:51 am
Laxfan#1969 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:23 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:09 am I cant wait to see this team compete in the next few years... Dont sleep on the hounds. They are built to be in the hunt the next few years. Cupboard is stocked.
US lacrosse magazine doing a way to early ranking...which is alway fun to look at...

Loyola comes in at #12

Notes Loyola didn't absorb heavy losses to graduation...talked about some early injuries last year and two bad halves vs UVA and Duke, but otherwise was trending ok in the post Pat Spencer era...

Notes Olmstead and Lindley anchor the attack and calls out Kamish and Poitras as young guys to look at moving forward as key contributors...

Also notes that Savio is a huge plus returning and a stacked defense coming back with skill, experience and depth...

Noted as a key challenger in the Patriot...which is expected if you're a Hounds fan and follower...
The pieces coming back are nice, as well as the freshmen who just arrived on campus. Looking forward if there is a season to be played. But Hey, if Big 10 football is coming back, it will be hard to justify spring sports being canceled. Let's see what the lax schedule looks like too if it comes out in a couple months. I got 8 free tickets to mens lax games to redeem :D
With no fall ball and no freshman on campus in the fall, any real contributions by this class early would frankly be a surprise...a positive surprise of course, but as stated before here, freshman need a full session of fall ball just to get a feel for the speed of playing with the big boys...not to mention most if not all spring seasons were cancelled which means the incoming freshman have not played a season in over a year AND they are getting no fall ball prep...I'm only pointing this out as a reason to calm expectations on any freshman this year...can a couple flash...maybe, but they won't even be on campus until maybe January and they will be drinking through a firehouse trying to catch up...very unusual circumstances for all...but even worse for incoming freshman...

Which is why it's very good this team has tns of pieces already in place...

I just hope we can have a season. I'm not confident...but if football moves forward with success, that certainly bodes well for the spring sports...trust me, I am rooting hard for football to go off with limited issues...
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

If you listen to the Tavaras Hardy podcast of 8 Sep it appears that Mens basketball is looking to have its players back on campus by the end of September. I'm sure other Loyola sports programs (Mens Lacrosse) will observe how this works and if it is successful and basketball can be practiced and played safely then I feel more encouraged about a Spring Lacrosse season. I'm sure many health and safety protocols will need to be followed and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that other sports can learn from the successes (or failure)s of Men's Basketball.

https://loyolagreyhounds.com/news/2020/ ... hardy.aspx
Olddog

Post by Olddog »

I'm seeing that we picked up a '22 recruit. I'm not sure if this is confirmed. Henry Haberman from Port Washington on Attack. I'll have to start watching some clips.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Olddog wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:54 pm I'm seeing that we picked up a '22 recruit. I'm not sure if this is confirmed. Henry Haberman from Port Washington on Attack. I'll have to start watching some clips.
Its confirmed on IL's website. Gonna start finding some clips too
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10816665/Henry-Haberman

Heres a plethora of highlight videos.

Attackman/middie so he can play either or. Looks the most comfortable dodging from up top. has a nice sidearm release on the run
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Scrapslax

Post by Scrapslax »

Is anyone else concerned we only have one commit with all of the ‘22’s committing elsewhere?
Olddog

Post by Olddog »

Not in the slightest. Loyola has a great history for picking up kids that really develop in their junior year and summer before senior year. When all the ACC teams have no room or scholarships left, Loyola swarms and picks up kids that are at the top of their game. It's a strategy that has worked out well for them. The fact that they have a '22 already suggests they see something really special in this kid.
Scrapslax

Post by Scrapslax »

Thanks. In years past it seems we got kids later and the coaches developed them to be better than the supposed top 50. Things moved slower last year. It just seems a ton of ‘22’s have already committed.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

No worries. This year is also a tad different than others- Lots of tape to sort through. Be patient. Trust Toomey and Co.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Team91lacrosse twitter

Congratulations to ‘22 Smash and South Side midfielder Brady West on his commitment to @LoyolaMLAX!

Commitment story to follow.
laxfan#44

Post by laxfan#44 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:18 pm No worries. This year is also a tad different than others- Lots of tape to sort through. Be patient. Trust Toomey and Co.
This 100%. This staff is very strong on the trail and confident in their approach...it works. This year is a bit different, but let it play out...

Look no further than last year as a sample...they landed Kamish and Poitras (I get they were 4 Star guys...but still a bit under the radar)...those two will be very good for another 4 years...I've heard from a good source that ND and Michigan are scratching their heads on how Kamish escaped them from the Midwest...

Loyola has examples like this every year...I just used two of the most recent that we got to see in action as impact freshman (albeit for only 6 games)

This staff is very very good...one of the best!
Scrapslax

Post by Scrapslax »

Their eye for talent is amazing. I looked up highlight videos of our ‘21 commits and they all look for real but mostly under the radar.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

laxfan#44 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:11 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:18 pm No worries. This year is also a tad different than others- Lots of tape to sort through. Be patient. Trust Toomey and Co.
This 100%. This staff is very strong on the trail and confident in their approach...it works. This year is a bit different, but let it play out...

Look no further than last year as a sample...they landed Kamish and Poitras (I get they were 4 Star guys...but still a bit under the radar)...those two will be very good for another 4 years...I've heard from a good source that ND and Michigan are scratching their heads on how Kamish escaped them from the Midwest...

Loyola has examples like this every year...I just used two of the most recent that we got to see in action as impact freshman (albeit for only 6 games)

This staff is very very good...one of the best!
I’ll even add to this point by including names from guys in my years at school who I had the pleasure of seeing every weekend at Ridley or on TV at away games.

Foster Huggins was a good defender out of Texas who like a lot of the guys in each recruiting class, are a little under appreciated by IL. Got more minutes each year and developed into a first team AA by senior year

Jay Drapeau was a top 100 recruit I believe and developed into a 2nd team AA

Begley, mintzlaff and davliakos got so much playing time every year that they formed into one of the best rope units in the country in 2018
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

https://lacrossebucket.com/2020/09/25/i ... ot-league/

if you can get past the typos, this has a somewhat optimistic approach to how the team can fare in 2021. They praised the defensive guys coming back, and mentioned the mainstays on offense per usual.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

also! not sure if anybody else found this out too but all PL games will now be streaming on ESPN+... soo no more streaming on PL network for free :(
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

houndace1 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:25 pm https://lacrossebucket.com/2020/09/25/i ... ot-league/

if you can get past the typos, this has a somewhat optimistic approach to how the team can fare in 2021. They praised the defensive guys coming back, and mentioned the mainstays on offense per usual.
The defense should be really good...really really good.

Again, it's unfair to pound on that offense...anyone that had a clue knew that the start of 2020 would be sluggish...you DO NOT replace Pat Spencer...and he made everyone better, and he took over when others struggled...so he was able to hide other people's weaknesses...throw in losing Scanlan...the offense was going to be challenged...zero surprise...

Now, look at where it was headed based on the schedule we play...that's the real story...go ahead and get excited about say a Georgetown offense...who did they play? Seriously, stack Loyola vs Georgetown in the first 6 games...much tougher schedule...if we played Georgetowns schedule early last year, our offense would have rolled...

Now looking ahead, you get Peter back...which is great! Then you get Olmstead and Lindley back...that's your veteran core...but...you saw what Kamish was doing, where he was headed trajectory wise...he could be a stud...not ready to anoint him yet...but he could be very very good and a year older, a year bigger and stronger...look at Poitras with the potential he brings...he's really good with tons of potential, crafty Canadian...those two alone give me great hope...but we have many more pieces that will help and start to produce....

I'm excited to see our offense in 2021...and the defense and special teams will be elite

The school just needs to open its doors up and understand it's gotta move forward...that's the major obstacle right now for our team...
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Scrapslax wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:47 pm Their eye for talent is amazing. I looked up highlight videos of our ‘21 commits and they all look for real but mostly under the radar.
i think you'll like the two 22's they currently snagged. I posted about Haberman earlier and just watched some videos on Brady West. He's 6'2 200 lbs. Uses his body well to get to where he wants to shoot.

Listed as a middie according to IL
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

In case anybody missed this last night, I have some more recruiting news!

"4 star Will McCulloch '22, A, St. Stephen's & St. Agnes (Va.) /
@MADLAX1 has committed to @LoyolaMLAX
. Adding to a sneaky good Hounds class, McCulloch is a slick & savvy lefty scorer who can QB an offense and fill up a stat sheet"

Already have 3 early 22 recruits and its only the month of September. Usually the staff waits out to get the guys they really want, so does it imply anything at the fact that the coaching staff has 3 recruits already?
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

holy wow, the staff just got another recruit that was confirmed last night.

Per Xanders:

"4 star Matthew Minicus '22, A, Darien (Conn.) /
@EclipseLacrosse
has committed to
@LoyolaMLAX
Yet another field general from the Minicus clan, the fleet-footed lefty is ambidextrous, slick and relentless on the ride"

that's 4 guys already within the month of september. These have to be guys that the staff think have very high potential
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”