All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

wgdsr

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:17 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:12 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:05 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:24 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:44 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:17 am Florida reported #Covid deaths

Fri. August 7: 180
Fri. August 14: 229
Fri. August 21: 121
Today: 89

Virus gonna virus. And when virus is done virusing, it’s done.

Cry more, libs.
by Peter Brown » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:19 am

#Covid burned out in Florida. On its own.
202 deaths in FL on 9/23. 172 on 9/24.

FL 7 day average is 101. Plateau or maybe even rising again. The average was 38 on 6/30 when Petey first told us the virus was dying out.

Petey says the virus is dying out.

The virus says #peteyisstillamoron
The data in no way shows it falling in Florida. It is flat at best and to me it looks like it is beginning to raise. I suspect next week is more likely to be worse than this week.
where/what do you see as a trend reversal?
The trailing average 7 day death rate had come down to 77 as of Sept 8, but back up to over 100 a day again. That looks like a "reversal" to me.

The puzzling aspect is the reported daily cases has come way down from its peak this summer and is bumping along ever since...anyone know the positivity rate on tests in Florida? Is there an issue in what's being reported? hmmm...sure wish we could be confident that politics weren't screwing with what's being reported out.

My mom is planning to head to Florida mid October, so it would be great to hear that cases really are way down from their peak and holding low.
... positivity rate is down, if you believe it. This is one of those numbers that's easy for politicians to diddle. Can't hide deaths, the only diddling you can do is delay reporting, but they come out sooner or later.
deaths have been declining when smoothed?

https://tallahasseereports.com/2020/09/ ... us-battle/

directions unless pre-cursed by a huge spike in cases weeks before seem to take a few weeks to confirm anything.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:19 pm

Cry more, libs.

FL 7 day average is 101. Plateau or maybe even rising again. The average was 38 on 6/30 when Petey first told us the virus was dying out.

The data in no way shows it falling in Florida. It is flat at best and to me it looks like it is beginning to raise. I suspect next week is more likely to be worse than this week.
The trailing average 7 day death rate had come down to 77 as of Sept 8, but back up to over 100 a day again. That looks like a "reversal" to me.

The puzzling aspect is the reported daily cases has come way down from its peak this summer and is bumping along ever since...anyone know the positivity rate on tests in Florida? Is there an issue in what's being reported? hmmm...sure wish we could be confident that politics weren't screwing with what's being reported out.

My mom is planning to head to Florida mid October, so it would be great to hear that cases really are way down from their peak and holding low.
that was a 3 day holiday weekend that moved the 7 day around. data is noisy. reporting, not every day's the same. even for 7 days in the short term. deaths have look stable to me. unfortunately. if they follow hospitalizations (the best indicator, imo), which have been good directionally, they can fall further for now.

... all you are saying is that it is not a strong signal of an upturn - that's true. Next week will tell us more - agreed. How many times did the data give us a false signal of leveling off or rolling over on the way up earlier this summer? A bunch. Could certainly happen on the way back up, or the way down, etc.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:22 pm

Cry more, libs.

... positivity rate is down, if you believe it. This is one of those numbers that's easy for politicians to diddle. Can't hide deaths, the only diddling you can do is delay reporting, but they come out sooner or later.

directions unless pre-cursed by a huge spike in cases weeks before seem to take a few weeks to confirm anything.
... by my count it was 812 (irrc) through yesterday (the week). I don't recall a number that high in roughly 4 or 5 weeks, when the last run up was running down.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NO matter how you try to spin it, the charts clearly document that Florida is on the right path by re-opening. This resulted in a short bump but already is showing a decline in new cases. There is no need to keep the economy shut down. There was no need to destroy the economy in the first place. The covid-19 has demonstrated a typical new pandemic pattern of hitting and killing the most vulnerable broadly and swiftly and now is powering down to a manageable disease like flu or any other.

The politicians want to muddle the waters and hide the fact they destroyed the best economy in over 50 years and cost you your jobs and savings simply to fear monger and grab for power and control. Facts are proving them wrong. It is time for torches and pitch forks!
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:33 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:48 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:15 pm
seacoaster wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:14 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:11 pm
seacoaster wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:09 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:05 pm
seacoaster wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:55 pm https://twitter.com/clairecmc/status/13 ... 9562192898

Missouri summary:

"Good morning. Over 200,000 Americans dead, the President lies constantly, my state is a hotspot, and our maskless Governor has Covid."
mahomes looks like he hasn't missed a beat.
Ah ha!!!

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/ne ... 1271859371
Virtue signaling!
Exactly; just another teacher's pet.
shut up and dribble...
To my point, MDLAXFAN........are we to take YOUR comment to mean that African-American's are too stupid to know anything other than "basketball" ?

OR....That you are merely mocking racists? you, yourself are not one :roll:

thinking the latter, are we being gracious ;)

see how this works...perhaps treat people as if speaking to them in the same room. Or, in your closed minded, biggoted arrogant case, ignoring them while in the room. So Baltimore.......
Your powers of discernment are exceptional RRR. :roll:

Glad you figured out that these are a series of comments, quoting the racist idiots and a-holes who have said such...yes, mocking that racism and the racists who have said such...

Who did you imagine I'm "closed-minded, bigoted arrogant" about?
Who exactly did you think was offended RRR?
Racists?
The obvious, once again, is lost on you and your other racist cohorts.

fanlax's newest member tamall, who just joined (interesting which thread they read first, very interesting ), reads your remark. Zero context. knows nothing about you. (oh boy, but he will :lol:

Say, your sons friend, has a 16 year old sister, top recruit in lax, logs into fanlax, for the first time. She reads your comment. IS horrified at your comments. Again, not knowing the context.

and yet, fail to see the same tone in others. interesting like tamall first visit to fanlax was to the Patriot Act thread. hmmm
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:31 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:22 pm

Cry more, libs.

... by my count it was 812 (irrc) through yesterday (the week). I don't recall a number that high in roughly 4 or 5 weeks, when the last run up was running down.
as of today, it's around 100 /day for the week. i'm not gonna say you're wrong bc i don't know where you're sourced. and again, as you know data is noisy certainly bt different feeds. but the talahassee feed is one of fla's main reporting mechanisms.

so i'm saying i haven't seen an upturn, or strong signal of one. if deaths follow hospitalizations one for one from the summer they have some room to fall. not everyone makes it to the hospital (or hospital stats) so maybe not and infection or at least infection to the vulnerable needs to keep pushing lower even for leading indicators.
ggait

Post by ggait »

NO matter how you try to spin it, the charts clearly document that Florida is on the right path by re-opening.
Petey keeps telling us the virus is dying out in Florida. He's been wrong on that for five forking months in a row. Seven day death average:

5/20 44 deaths; 728 daily new cases
6/1 30
7/1 38
8/1 178
9/1 114
9/24 101 deaths; 2,655 new daily cases

Remember this from May 20? Maybe Ron and Petey are the same guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm6yjTrGkLc
Last edited by ggait on Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:03 pm
NO matter how you try to spin it, the charts clearly document that Florida is on the right path by re-opening.
Petey keeps telling us the virus is dying out in Florida. He's been wrong on that for five forking months in a row. Seven day death average:

5/20 44
6/1 30
7/1 38
8/1 178
9/1 114
9/24 101

Remember this from May 20? Maybe Ron and Petey are the same guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm6yjTrGkLc

Hospitalizations down dramatically, to the point where hospitals are now clamoring for other admits. The death toll is also dropping in spite of adding the ‘positive Covid’ to ‘caused by Covid’.

But you keep skipping past the most important metric. Florida is open for business. Your states are closed and not opening again.

This virus is dying on its own provided you’re open. Otherwise, states like NY will never recover.
ggait

Post by ggait »

This virus is dying on its own provided you’re open.
The virus says you and Ron are both morons.

The virus is 2-3X where it was when you and Ron declared victory and demanded an apology.

No signs of it going away. Maybe it will go sideways from here...?

Hardly Mission Accomplished.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ggait wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:20 pm
This virus is dying on its own provided you’re open.
The virus says you and Ron are both morons.

The virus is 2-3X where it was when you and Ron declared victory and demanded an apology.

No signs of it going away. Maybe it will go sideways from here...?

Hardly Mission Accomplished.
Time to get busy living or get busy dying. The death rate of many things NOT covid is on the rise as well, especially overdoses. And some of those numbers in the excess deaths can be skewed.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

here's a good site to get real time stamped info on florida covid, not the reporting dates:
https://business.fau.edu/covidtracker/d ... rida-data/

going about 60% of the way down the graph has death by date of death - aggregate. says last 2 weeks will be updated. they may nick here and there prior to that, but the bias looks to be they at least should be dropping from here in the short term from the reporting sites. maybe substantially. and it looks like the reporting when they got swamped showed a flatter curve than what happened at the top... and maybe flatter later as a result.

guess that's good news? we'll see what's next!!!

cases, whether college related (doesn't look like it), just noisy (even with fewer tests the last week or 2) have semi-flat-lined for a while. that's weeks out on mortality.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:39 pm here's a good site to get real time stamped info on florida covid, not the reporting dates:

going about 60% of the way down the graph has death by date of death - aggregate. says last 2 weeks will be updated. they may nick here and there prior to that, but the bias looks to be they at least should be dropping from here in the short term from the reporting sites. maybe substantially. and it looks like the reporting when they got swamped showed a flatter curve than what happened at the top... and maybe flatter later as a result.

cases, whether college related (doesn't look like it), just noisy (even with fewer tests the last week or 2) have semi-flat-lined for a while. that's weeks out on mortality.

You boys can all stay at my place. Bars restaurants health clubs open. You can even build up immunity to Covid while you’re living your life. Lib states screwed the pooch. Won’t open and when they try, they’ll just shut down again because the politicians lead a majority wimpy populace.

Only if Trump wins of course. Otherwise I’ll be busy figuring out next steps. :lol:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:15 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:39 pm here's a good site to get real time stamped info on florida covid, not the reporting dates:

You boys can all stay at my place. Bars restaurants health clubs open. You can even build up immunity to Covid while you’re living your life. Lib states screwed the pooch. Won’t open and when they try, they’ll just shut down again because the politicians lead a majority wimpy populace.

Only if Trump wins of course. Otherwise I’ll be busy figuring out next steps. :lol:
don't leave before paying off next year's crab bet.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:42 pm

NO matter how you try to spin it, the charts clearly document that Florida is on the right path by re-opening. This resulted in a short bump but already is showing a decline in new cases. There is no need to keep the economy shut down. There was no need to destroy the economy in the first place. The covid-19 has demonstrated a typical new pandemic pattern of hitting and killing the most vulnerable broadly and swiftly and now is powering down to a manageable disease like flu or any other.

The politicians want to muddle the waters and hide the fact they destroyed the best economy in over 50 years and cost you your jobs and savings simply to fear monger and grab for power and control. Facts are proving them wrong. It is time for torches and pitch forks!
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:12 pm
Hospitalizations down dramatically, to the point where hospitals are now clamoring for other admits. The death toll is also dropping in spite of adding the ‘positive Covid’ to ‘caused by Covid’.

But you keep skipping past the most important metric. Florida is open for business. Your states are closed and not opening again.

This virus is dying on its own provided you’re open. Otherwise, states like NY will never recover.

Delusionalism of the worse order.

Contrary to this mythology, those of us who live in the world of reality deal with truths such as these:

Coronavirus updates: US cases pass 7 million mark; 'major winter surge' feared; Florida lifts restrictions

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea ... 524264001/

The U.S. has reported more than 7 million cases of COVID-19 as of Friday, a milestone that comes days after leading experts projected the virus' spread was set to rapidly increase in coming months.

It has been eight months and four days since nation's first case was announced, and in that time the U.S. has become the hardest-hit country in the world for both cases and deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University data.

But the U.S. death toll from the virus may almost double by Jan. 1 amid a "major winter surge," according to a projection by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington, a source often cited by the White House and federal public health authorities. Among the factors that could drive such a surge: A restriction-weary public wearing masks and staying at home less.

Researchers warned states would likely need to reenact restrictions to combat the virus' spread. That recommendation came the same week as Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis lifted all virus restrictions on restaurants and businesses, saying "We’re not closing anything going forward."

Meanwhile in Virginia, Gov. Ralph Northam and his wife tested positive for COVID-19, his office announced Friday, the same day that President Donald Trump is scheduled to hold a rally at an airport in the state.

Some significant developments:

A WHO official warned that it was "not only imaginable, but sadly very likely" that 2 million people worldwide would die from the virus before a vaccine is widely available.

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi have agreed to talk about a new coronavirus relief package, the New York Times reported. Meanwhile, House Democrats are working on passing a $2.4 trillion measure next week.
Current coronavirus outbreaks are heating up fast in smaller cities in the heartland, where anti-mask sentiment tends to run high.
United Airlines will roll out a new COVID-19 testing program for passengers beginning Oct. 15.

📈 Today's numbers: The U.S. has reported more than 7 million cases and 203,000 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University data. Globally, there have been more than 32.3 million cases and over 985,000 fatalities. A USA TODAY analysis of Johns Hopkins data through late Thursday shows seven states — Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Utah, Wisconsin and Wyoming, and also Puerto Rico — set records for new cases in a week while North Dakota had a record number of deaths in a week.

📰 What we're reading: Is it safe to travel this Holiday season? Or is this the year to skip it?

🗺️ Mapping coronavirus: Track the U.S. outbreak, state by state.

This file will be updated throughout the day. For updates in your inbox, subscribe to The Daily Briefing newsletter.

WHO official: 2M deaths 'likely' before a vaccine widely available
The global death toll from the new coronavirus sits just below 1 million, but without further action to slow the spread, it will likely double before a vaccine is widely available, a World Health Organization official said Friday.

Dr. Mike Ryan, head the WHO’s health emergencies program, said that 2 million deaths was "not only imaginable, but sadly very likely" in the absence of increased testing, tracing, social distancing, mask wearing and other measures to slow the spread of the virus.

“The time for action is now on every single aspect of this strategic approach,” Ryan said.

Florida Gov. DeSantis lifts all virus restrictions on restaurants, businesses
Gov. Ron DeSantis said Friday he was lifting COVID-19 restrictions on restaurants and other businesses across Florida as he pushed to reopen the state's economy.

DeSantis also said any local government limitations affecting restaurants and other businesses would have to be justified by his administration.

“We’re not closing anything going forward,” DeSantis said, while insisting that the state is prepared with plans in place if infections increase again.

The Phase 3 order will allow theme parks to operate at full capacity and lift any restrictions on gatherings, although the state still is recommending people avoid crowded spaces.

Bars can go beyond 50% capacity, if local governments give them the green light, DeSantis said.

Contrary to Petey's political mysticism and delusionalism, the tRUMP virus is very much alive and menacing. There is a strong likelihood that the Republican disease will become even worse and kill far more people than it has done up to now.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:25 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:15 pm

don't leave before paying off next year's crab bet.

Any crab bets need to be settled in Baltimore; also a season needs to be played. :lol: . Florida crabs are atrocious, like our lobster.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:39 pm
Peter Brown » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:42 pm

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:12 pm

Delusionalism of the worse order.

Contrary to this mythology, those of us who live in the world of reality deal with truths such as these:

Coronavirus updates: US cases pass 7 million mark; 'major winter surge' feared; Florida lifts restrictions

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea ... 524264001/

The U.S. has reported more than 7 million cases of COVID-19 as of Friday, a milestone that comes days after leading experts projected the virus' spread was set to rapidly increase in coming months.

It has been eight months and four days since nation's first case was announced, and in that time the U.S. has become the hardest-hit country in the world for both cases and deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University data.

But the U.S. death toll from the virus may almost double by Jan. 1 amid a "major winter surge," according to a projection by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington, a source often cited by the White House and federal public health authorities. Among the factors that could drive such a surge: A restriction-weary public wearing masks and staying at home less.

Researchers warned states would likely need to reenact restrictions to combat the virus' spread. That recommendation came the same week as Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis lifted all virus restrictions on restaurants and businesses, saying "We’re not closing anything going forward."

Meanwhile in Virginia, Gov. Ralph Northam and his wife tested positive for COVID-19, his office announced Friday, the same day that President Donald Trump is scheduled to hold a rally at an airport in the state.

Some significant developments:

A WHO official warned that it was "not only imaginable, but sadly very likely" that 2 million people worldwide would die from the virus before a vaccine is widely available.

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi have agreed to talk about a new coronavirus relief package, the New York Times reported. Meanwhile, House Democrats are working on passing a $2.4 trillion measure next week.
Current coronavirus outbreaks are heating up fast in smaller cities in the heartland, where anti-mask sentiment tends to run high.
United Airlines will roll out a new COVID-19 testing program for passengers beginning Oct. 15.

📈 Today's numbers: The U.S. has reported more than 7 million cases and 203,000 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University data. Globally, there have been more than 32.3 million cases and over 985,000 fatalities. A USA TODAY analysis of Johns Hopkins data through late Thursday shows seven states — Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Utah, Wisconsin and Wyoming, and also Puerto Rico — set records for new cases in a week while North Dakota had a record number of deaths in a week.

This file will be updated throughout the day. For updates in your inbox, subscribe to The Daily Briefing newsletter.

WHO official: 2M deaths 'likely' before a vaccine widely available
The global death toll from the new coronavirus sits just below 1 million, but without further action to slow the spread, it will likely double before a vaccine is widely available, a World Health Organization official said Friday.

Dr. Mike Ryan, head the WHO’s health emergencies program, said that 2 million deaths was "not only imaginable, but sadly very likely" in the absence of increased testing, tracing, social distancing, mask wearing and other measures to slow the spread of the virus.

“The time for action is now on every single aspect of this strategic approach,” Ryan said.

Florida Gov. DeSantis lifts all virus restrictions on restaurants, businesses
Gov. Ron DeSantis said Friday he was lifting COVID-19 restrictions on restaurants and other businesses across Florida as he pushed to reopen the state's economy.

DeSantis also said any local government limitations affecting restaurants and other businesses would have to be justified by his administration.

“We’re not closing anything going forward,” DeSantis said, while insisting that the state is prepared with plans in place if infections increase again.

The Phase 3 order will allow theme parks to operate at full capacity and lift any restrictions on gatherings, although the state still is recommending people avoid crowded spaces.

Bars can go beyond 50% capacity, if local governments give them the green light, DeSantis said.

Contrary to Petey's political mysticism and delusionalism, the tRUMP virus is very much alive and menacing. There is a strong likelihood that the Republican disease will become even worse and kill far more people than it has done up to now.
tell your boys up in minnie to get their masks on?

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-s ... &tab=trend
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:15 pm Only if Trump wins of course. Otherwise I’ll be busy figuring out next steps. :lol:
Pete, I've given you oodles of suggestions over the past months. We are getting down to crunch time. Have you hired a realtor yet? Gotten Chez Brown fixed up so you can put it on the market on Nov. 4?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Fewer than 1 in 10 Americans show signs of past coronavirus infection, large national study finds
This suggests millions may still be vulnerable to infection, authors say
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... munity-us/
Fewer than 1 in 10 Americans showed signs of past infection with the novel coronavirus as of late July, suggesting that most of the country may still be vulnerable to infection, according to one of the largest studies of its kind published Friday in the journal the Lancet.

That proportion is an estimate based on the percentage of dialysis patients whose immune systems produced coronavirus antibodies. It does not indicate exactly how many Americans may be immune to the virus, because not every infected individual develops antibodies. It is also unclear how strong a defense antibodies might confer or for how long. But, combined with similar results from studies by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other institutions, it’s evident a large majority may not be protected against a disease that has already killed 200,000 Americans.

“We are still in the middle of the fight,” said Eli Rosenberg, a State University of New York at Albany epidemiologist who was not part of the study. “We’re all tired, and we’re all hoping for a vaccine. This shows us how it’s not over here, not even by a long shot.”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:08 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:15 pm Only if Trump wins of course. Otherwise I’ll be busy figuring out next steps. :lol:
Pete, I've given you oodles of suggestions over the past months. We are getting down to crunch time. Have you hired a realtor yet? Gotten Chez Brown fixed up so you can put it on the market on Nov. 4?

Real estate down here keeps getting more valuable. States like new jersey increase taxes, the guys with capital move here (and vote Republican!). Simple formula really. You should try it!
njbill

Post by njbill »

Maybe true, but you just won’t be able to tolerate living in a blue state.

Return to “POLITICS”