Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Progressive CENSORS

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:57 pm what is wrong with the young people today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN9egLeLZkw

First of all, that would be young LEFTIST people.

Secondly, Saagar is way too nice when he calls the Spotify employees "narcissists"; what they are are America's Young Pioneers, budding fascists with a jones to suppress speech they were taught at liberal arts colleges is offensive. The CEO told them all to go stick it, which is a relief, but that has only emboldened the little commies; their slack channels are filled up with mob encouragement to take rolling sick days and make Spotify unable to provide content.

This is the same thing that happens at Google and Twitter every day. Many Fanlax Democrats would do the same exact thing.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:12 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:57 pm what is wrong with the young people today?

Secondly, Saagar is way too nice when he calls the Spotify employees "narcissists"; what they are are America's Young Pioneers, budding fascists with a jones to suppress speech they were taught at liberal arts colleges is offensive. The CEO told them all to go stick it, which is a relief, but that has only emboldened the little commies; their slack channels are filled up with mob encouragement to take rolling sick days and make Spotify unable to provide content.

This is the same thing that happens at Google and Twitter every day. Many Fanlax Democrats would do the same exact thing.
THE RISING......hands down the best political news show...
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:24 am

The era of "everyone gets a trophy" and both parents working full time outside the home, while kids are raised by some day care provider, have come to adult life...yet still act like they are 7 and can't share.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:31 am

The era of "everyone gets a trophy" and both parents working full time outside the home, while kids are raised by some day care provider, have come to adult life...yet still act like they are 7 and can't share.

The entitlement of white kids in America is stunning. One of the reasons I am a proponent of immigration is the work ethic of immigrants tends to be so much greater than 'liberal arts majors from Oberlin'.

The BLM Antifa protests have become so much about spoiled white liberal kids with nothing to do, but their whole MO is promoted by kindred spirits at tech companies who suppress conservative speech while promoting liberal orthodoxy. Meanwhile, immigrants and their children simply go to work and make a life for themselves.

I agree with RRR that Rising is an awesome show. I like both Krystal and Saagar. Krystal is a lib, but she's honest and shows both sides and is willing to debate in a civilized manner.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:31 am The era of "everyone gets a trophy" and both parents working full time outside the home, while kids are raised by some day care provider, have come to adult life...yet still act like they are 7 and can't share.
As far as acting like they're 7 and can't share, just look at the 70 year olds in Congress and the WH. It's from the top on down and has been for 40+ years. Some role models. :roll:

If you wanna blame a generation, just look to the parents. But if both parents have to work (sometimes multiple jobs) to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table, then we need to look at the system that's creating that.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:52 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:31 am The era of "everyone gets a trophy" and both parents working full time outside the home, while kids are raised by some day care provider, have come to adult life...yet still act like they are 7 and can't share.
As far as acting like they're 7 and can't share, just look at the 70 year olds in Congress and the WH. It's from the top on down and has been for 40+ years. Some role models. :roll:

If you wanna blame a generation, just look to the parents. But if both parents have to work (sometimes multiple jobs) to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table, then we need to look at the system that's creating that.
The system knows it's doing that. It wants the tax revenue frm 2 working parents.
It's why the feds offer a DAYCARE tax credit of up to $10K. They know they will bring in so much more if that parent works.
Peter Brown

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by Peter Brown »

Not sure why people keep making excuses for Democrats (a fan, anyone?).

Comes word today that a 20,000 employee project is now being scuttled due to progressives' objections because of 'gentrification'.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/23/nyre ... d=tw-share

Democrats would rather live in Venezuelan squalor than anyone succeed.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

This is not from The Onion or the Babylon Bee

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rbg-mom- ... afbe990c15

The Death Of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Pushed Me To Join The Satanic Temple
“I am a 40-something attorney and mother who lives in a quiet neighborhood with a yard and a garage full of scooters and soccer balls. I am not the type of person who would normally consider becoming a Satanist, but these are not normal times.”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:50 pm Not sure why people keep making excuses for Democrats (a fan, anyone?).

Comes word today that a 20,000 employee project is now being scuttled due to progressives' objections because of 'gentrification'.

Did you read your own citation?

Gee, why would locals not want to pay someone else's taxes, my fake conservative friend?

Venezuela? You'd fit in there great. You clearly think it makes sense to allow new businesses to pay no taxes, while all the current businesses pay the new businesses taxes for them. Gee whiz golly, now why would someone who believes in capitalism and fairness not want to pay someone else's taxes for them, Pete? :roll:

The mayor said that previous mayoral administrations had approved “sweetheart deals” for developers that made New Yorkers skeptical of new projects. “That kind of development really soured people,” Mr. de Blasio said.

Let me know when you want to pay my business taxes for me, Pete. After all, you seem to think someone would be INSANE to not want to pay someone else's taxes.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:30 am

The entitlement of white kids in America is stunning. One of the reasons I am a proponent of immigration is the work ethic of immigrants tends to be so much greater than 'liberal arts majors from Oberlin'.

The BLM Antifa protests have become so much about spoiled white liberal kids with nothing to do, but their whole MO is promoted by kindred spirits at tech companies who suppress conservative speech while promoting liberal orthodoxy. Meanwhile, immigrants and their children simply go to work and make a life for themselves.

I agree with RRR that Rising is an awesome show. I like both Krystal and Saagar. Krystal is a lib, but she's honest and shows both sides and is willing to debate in a civilized manner.
IF you took a straw poll as to how many of the fanlax political thread posters, I think the number would be very, very low. In fact, most would refuse to even give the show a chance .

1. Have watched THE RISING
2. Willing to give it try
3. No freeking way.

abv/rrr- YES, of course 1
PETE- said yes 1
A FAN 3
seacoaster 3
disslax 3
TLD 2
jhu72 3
brooklyn 3
old salt 3
dmac 3
6foot 2
youth 2
mantumPI 3
kramerica 2
SCLaxattack 2
redwings guy 2
njbill 2
ggait 2

feel free to correct me.....but the straw poll data reveals that it is those that THINK they are open minded......are the least.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:14 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:50 pm Not sure why people keep making excuses for Democrats (a fan, anyone?).

Did you read your own citation?

Gee, why would locals not want to pay someone else's taxes, my fake conservative friend?

Venezuela? You'd fit in there great. You clearly think it makes sense to allow new businesses to pay no taxes, while all the current businesses pay the new businesses taxes for them. Gee whiz golly, now why would someone who believes in capitalism and fairness not want to pay someone else's taxes for them, Pete? :roll:

The mayor said that previous mayoral administrations had approved “sweetheart deals” for developers that made New Yorkers skeptical of new projects. “That kind of development really soured people,” Mr. de Blasio said.

Let me know when you want to pay my business taxes for me, Pete. After all, you seem to think someone would be INSANE to not want to pay someone else's taxes.

The objections are because of “gentrification”.

Why do you keep pushing the progressive line?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:22 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:30 am

IF you took a straw poll as to how many of the fanlax political thread posters, I think the number would be very, very low. In fact, most would refuse to even give the show a chance .

1. Have watched THE RISING
2. Willing to give it try
3. No freeking way.

abv/rrr- YES, of course 1
PETE- said yes 1
A FAN 3
seacoaster 3
disslax 3
TLD 2
jhu72 3
brooklyn 3
old salt 3
dmac 3
6foot 2
youth 2
mantumPI 3
kramerica 2
SCLaxattack 2
redwings guy 2
njbill 2
ggait 2

feel free to correct me.....but the straw poll data reveals that it is those that THINK they are open minded......are the least.

You got that right.

The irony about libs rejecting The Rising is Krystal is such an incredibly smart and talented journalist yet liberals hate her. They hate her because she thinks independently. I’m not a liberal but I really like her. Saager is great as well.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Every person that calls themselves a "progressive" will NOT watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq5VPuRo46o
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:51 am Every person that calls themselves a "progressive" will NOT watch this.

The best part of that video is Krystal bemoaning the fact that coverage of Amy Coney Barrett is 99% about abortion 'as if that is the only thing the Supreme Court deals with".

So look at the Amy posts here from Fanlax Dems: it is the same %, focusing only on abortion. You want to know why Democrats hate Krystal who is a liberal? Because she doesn't repeat the same tired DNC talking points hat everyone here posts.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:06 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:51 am Every person that calls themselves a "progressive" will NOT watch this.

The best part of that video is Krystal bemoaning the fact that coverage of Amy Coney Barrett is 99% about abortion 'as if that is the only thing the Supreme Court deals with".

So look at the Amy posts here from Fanlax Dems: it is the same %, focusing only on abortion. You want to know why Democrats hate Krystal who is a liberal? Because she doesn't repeat the same tired DNC talking points hat everyone here posts.
When liberal pretends make fun of flyover states, or "taker" states, are they condemning ALL residents of that state? So what, Roe vs Wade gets overturned. Abortion goes back to individual states rights. Why is this a problem? My license to carry a firearm (and tough guy Peter Brown refuses to answer what he thinks about my carry choice) is NOT accepted in Conn. NY Maryland, etc. and, until recently, New Hampshire ( free state my arse )
Do you really think Massachusettes (her way) will keep abortion illegal? Vermont?

Joe Biden, does he support healtcare for all? NO, he does not. All this junk about healthcare. Who, that is paying attention to the TAATS, really is buying this junk?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:43 am The objections are because of “gentrification”.
SOME objections were because of gentrification.

Why do you insist on hearing what you want to hear, and ignore anything and everything else?

You KNOW tax giveaways are wrong....letting corporations pay nothing, while small businesses pay their taxes for them.

Your act isn't fooling anyone......you'd be for murdering puppies if you though "the libs" wanted to save them. :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:13 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:06 pm

When liberal pretends make fun of flyover states, or "taker" states, are they condemning ALL residents of that state? So what, Roe vs Wade gets overturned. Abortion goes back to individual states rights. Why is this a problem? My license to carry a firearm (and tough guy Peter Brown refuses to answer what he thinks about my carry choice) is NOT accepted in Conn. NY Maryland, etc. and, until recently, New Hampshire ( free state my arse )
Do you really think Massachusettes (her way) will keep abortion illegal? Vermont?

Joe Biden, does he support healtcare for all? NO, he does not. All this junk about healthcare. Who, that is paying attention to the TAATS, really is buying this junk?

What? I could not care less if you carry across state lines, provided you have a license. Open carry, carry across state lines: nothing like that bothers me in the least. When you live in a red state and are personally comfortable with firearms, the issue doesn't really ring high on the list of worries. I've shot more shells crushing pigeon on a trip to Argentina in one weekend than most people will think of shooting in ten lifetimes.

The only issue I have with guns is keeping dirtbags like Adam Lanza from getting one, and there begets the real debate that should be had. The problem with Democrats even discussing gun control is many if not most don't think law-abiding citizens should not have any guns, shotguns included. That bald fact lies underneath every conversation I have ever had with a Democrat, hence it's a useless conversation.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:22 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:43 am The objections are because of “gentrification”.
SOME objections were because of gentrification.

Why do you insist on hearing what you want to hear, and ignore anything and everything else?

You KNOW tax giveaways are wrong....letting corporations pay nothing, while small businesses pay their taxes for them.

Your act isn't fooling anyone......you'd be for murdering puppies if you though "the libs" wanted to save them. :lol:

a fan: my thoughts on tax breaks given to corporations is: provided these are not federal tax breaks, I don't care if any state does anything, provided it's not my state. My gut tells me that many 'deals' offered to corporations are uneconomical, but I also don't waste time studying them when they are offered in states like NY. If you choose to live in a state which is circling the drain financially, vote out the incumbents, R or D.

What I also know is that all of these progs you keep excusing because they come up with analyses which suggest the deal should not be finalized is they are not honest brokers here; their analysis will always show a bad outcome. They intuitively hate business. And since the business of America is business, they are imo anti-America.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

The best part of that video is the respect they show for each other and the acknowledgement that the other side’s philosophies have validity and not the asinine attitude often shown around here that the opposite side of the political spectrum is out and out not only wrong, but evil.

I’ve said it at least half a dozen times here and on LP: I long for the days of Reagan and O’Neill.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

and you would be wrong

Return to “POLITICS”