SCOTUS

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: SCOTUS

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:53 pm
ggait wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:25 pm
To please my far right friends on here, allow me to include that it would be fair to say that Kavanaugh has made a big effort to have a highly diverse set of clerks, significantly more so than the Court as a whole. Very substantial effort.
Reports are that BK especially likes gal clerks who look a certain way.

Bros gonna Bro.
I remember him trying to spin this that he was trying to give breaks to women when everyone, even Pete, knew what was really going on.
So are you putting forth a case based on circumstantial evidence? BK likes to hire hotties? It is amazing how folks on this forum throw out scurrilous and salacious allegations with no proof. Maybe RBG hired women clerks because she was a closet lesbian? So long as BK keeps his dinghus in his pants and doesn't go pee wee herman on these clerks I think there won't be too much controversy.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

To please my far right friends on here, allow me to include that it would be fair to say that Kavanaugh has made a big effort to have a highly diverse set of clerks, significantly more so than the Court as a whole. Very substantial effort.

Bros gonna Bro.

‘reports’

:roll:
njbill

Post by njbill »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:18 pm So are you putting forth a case based on circumstantial evidence? BK likes to hire hotties? It is amazing how folks on this forum throw out scurrilous and salacious allegations with no proof.
No proof? Except that he hires all women? All attractive women? That, there, is proof.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

njbill wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:41 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:18 pm So are you putting forth a case based on circumstantial evidence? BK likes to hire hotties? It is amazing how folks on this forum throw out scurrilous and salacious allegations with no proof.
No proof? Except that he hires all women? All attractive women? That, there, is proof.
Is that a bad thing? ;) Might just mean he is little pee-pee. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:18 pm

Bros gonna Bro.
I remember him trying to spin this that he was trying to give breaks to women when everyone, even Pete, knew what was really going on.
So are you putting forth a case based on circumstantial evidence? BK likes to hire hotties? It is amazing how folks on this forum throw out scurrilous and salacious allegations with no proof. Maybe RBG hired women clerks because she was a closet lesbian? So long as BK keeps his dinghus in his pants and doesn't go pee wee herman on these clerks I think there won't be too much controversy.
Hang on, is it a "scurrilous and salacious allegation" that Kav likes to hire "hotties"?
I agree re the keep it in his pants aspect, but this observation about Kav's preferences appears to be quite well founded, not an allegation of acting sexually on his attraction to good looking women.

This sort of hiring preference for attractive looking people (as we personally define such) is stronger in some than others, particularly susceptible are those who have a self-image of such themselves, but it's actually quite well established as existing overall in our society. Heck, women, on average, trust other women who have and show ample chests more than those who do not. This isn't intellectually founded, but it's an observable reality of how people respond to others.

It requires conscious care to overcome these societal biases, and I bet most of us are generally unaware of our own...in the workplace. But not so unaware away from work, right?

And there really isn't anything inappropriate, away from work, in our having our own preferences...but that's away from work. That said, I'm not particularly worried about Kav being disadvantaged in his legal research because his team was selected, in part, for their physical attributes (if so) because, thankfully, there are lots of attractive, super qualified women who would be competing for such jobs...there's enough such to not have to have incompetence be an issue. Nor does it need to lead to bad behavior by Kav...and surely folks are watching him like a hawk on this...

That said, we really wouldn't want any Justice to have a strong bias in favor of any gender, racial, ethnic, religious group, right? We'd want to see equal opportunity based on merit, right? And that includes the 'merit' of bringing perspectives and experiences otherwise underrepresented in the current cohort of clerks and Justices dealing with these issues. Hard to argue that attractive people are "underrepresented"...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:58 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:18 pm

Bros gonna Bro.
Hang on, is it a "scurrilous and salacious allegation" that Kav likes to hire "hotties"?
I agree re the keep it in his pants aspect, but this observation about Kav's preferences appears to be quite well founded, not an allegation of acting sexually on his attraction to good looking women.

This sort of hiring preference for attractive looking people (as we personally define such) is stronger in some than others, particularly susceptible are those who have a self-image of such themselves, but it's actually quite well established as existing overall in our society. Heck, women, on average, trust other women who have and show ample chests more than those who do not. This isn't intellectually founded, but it's an observable reality of how people respond to others.

It requires conscious care to overcome these societal biases, and I bet most of us are generally unaware of our own...in the workplace. But not so unaware away from work, right?

And there really isn't anything inappropriate, away from work, in our having our own preferences...but that's away from work. That said, I'm not particularly worried about Kav being disadvantaged in his legal research because his team was selected, in part, for their physical attributes (if so) because, thankfully, there are lots of attractive, super qualified women who would be competing for such jobs...there's enough such to not have to have incompetence be an issue. Nor does it need to lead to bad behavior by Kav...and surely folks are watching him like a hawk on this...

That said, we really wouldn't want any Justice to have a strong bias in favor of any gender, racial, ethnic, religious group, right? We'd want to see equal opportunity based on merit, right? And that includes the 'merit' of bringing perspectives and experiences otherwise underrepresented in the current cohort of clerks and Justices dealing with these issues. Hard to argue that attractive people are "underrepresented"...
I honestly have no idea who BK hires. I just read a post here today that says he prefers hotties. I suppose if they are hotties with brilliant legal minds that would not be a problem. If they are male hotties well that reaches out to a completely different fan base. ;) The ultimate arbiter of who he hires, if my marriage is a guideline, would be what his wifes opinion is as to who he hires. My rule of thumb is simple... if momma bear ain't happy about who he hires then Brett sure as hell wont be happy.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:41 pm
I demand to see photos!! :D
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Wowsers, they certainly are very attractive. Brett should be ashamed of himself. The optics are terrible. The nerve of the man to hire a staff beautiful women.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:05 pm
Wowsers, they certainly are very attractive. Brett should be ashamed of himself. The optics are terrible. The nerve of the man to hire a staff beautiful women.
you asked for proof...provided.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:08 pm

Not Florida hot.

Who cares anyway? You guys are lunatics if you think anything even remotely negative about whom he hires because they’re not ugly. Jfc. You deserve the Democrats.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Very nice proof. I am guessing the implication here if I read between the lines us that ole snake in the grass Brett must be boinking them on the side.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:15 pm

Not Florida hot.

Who cares anyway? You guys are lunatics if you think anything even remotely negative about whom he hires because they’re not ugly. Jfc. You deserve the Democrats.
IMO the only person who should complain about anyone Brett hired should be his wife. I am guessing she has no problem with it.
Bob Ross:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

ACB re Scalia replacement - listen all the way to the end...

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/13 ... mp4?tag=10
Amy Coney Barrett, when asked in 2016 whether a Obama should be able to appoint a Supreme Court justice in a presidential year, said it's inappropriate to replace a conservative justice with one who would "dramatically flip the balance of power."
ggait

Post by ggait »

BK's preferences in female clerks have been widely reported in the press, especially the legal press.

Amy Chua, a Yale professor who wrote a bestselling book on parenting called Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother, was known for instructing female law students who were preparing for interviews with Kavanaugh on ways they could dress to exude a “model-like” femininity to help them win a post in Kavanaugh’s chambers, according to sources.

Pictures in the link below.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/9 ... d-students

Google up the "Tiger Cub" (i.e. the Tiger Mom's daughter) who is clerking for BK this year. Law school hot.

But the reports are also that he's a great guy to work for and no allegations of hanky panky.
Last edited by ggait on Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

New candidate coming on strong, and she’s from Michigan.

Joan Larsen.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/elanagross ... finalists/
njbill

Post by njbill »

Don’t think it will be Michigan. Trump knows he isn’t winning Michigan.

My money is still on Florida. He absolutely needs Florida and every single vote there will count. If he goes Florida, that will help him down there.

Indiana just doesn’t make sense to me.
ggait

Post by ggait »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:49 pm ACB re Scalia replacement - listen all the way to the end...

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/13 ... mp4?tag=10
Amy Coney Barrett, when asked in 2016 whether a Obama should be able to appoint a Supreme Court justice in a presidential year, said it's inappropriate to replace a conservative justice with one who would "dramatically flip the balance of power."
Sorry -- that's misleading reporting and an air ball. In the same interview, she also said this:

"It shouldn't be a surprise that the Senate is willing to push a president's nominee through in an election year when they share the same political affiliation."

Unlike Graham, Mitch, Grassley and the other hack Senators, Barrett was clear/careful to point out a difference between WH/Senate split situation in an election year (Scalia/Garland) vs. WH/Senate same party in an election year (RBG). She actually makes the case against Garland WAY better than any of the Senators actually did.

Her misquoted comments were directed at making a distinction between Garland and Kennedy (GOP, moderate) being confirmed in Feb 1988 to replace Powell (Dem, moderate) when the Senate was in Dem hands. She also points out (rightly) that Powell's spot really wasn't any election year vacancy. The seat only fell to Kennedy in 1988 because Bork and Ginsburg had failed in 1987. And also points out that the Powell/Kennedy swap was a "lateral move", which wouldn't be true for a Scalia/Garland swap.

She also said this:

Barrett was asked whether prior Supreme Court vacancies provided any guidance for approving a nominee during an election year.

"I gather that there have been six in the 20th century, and 11 if you go back to the Civil War, of confirmations that happened during presidential election years," Barrett said. "But I think the question is, what does this precedent establish? And I don't think it establishes a rule for either side in the debate."
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:39 pm
Very nice proof. I am guessing the implication here if I read between the lines us that ole snake in the grass Brett must be boinking them on the side.
I think the implication is that Brett isn't hiring a lot of women because he believes in equality, but rather because he likes nice scenery around his office.

Kind of like Hooters isn't necessarily a shining beacon of equality because they hire so many women.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:22 pm New candidate coming on strong, and she’s from Michigan.

Joan Larsen.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/elanagross ... finalists/
I would think that you prefer this gal, but maybe she's not hot enough for you:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... kg-vpx.cnn

Return to “POLITICS”