Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
old salt

Re: Navy 2020

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:56 am
laxxygilmore wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:57 pm
10stone5 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:55 am
laxxygilmore wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:14 pm :) Nice “W” by Navy over ND!
laxxygilmore wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:05 pm
10stone5 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:02 pm Here’s a good prospect for the Mids.
Two sports, option QB and attack,
de-committed from UNC.

Recruiting: Eyeing Two Sports, IL's No. 5 Senior Xavier Arline Decommits from UNC
Agreed. Quite the gifted athlete indeed...could be an interesting Navy vs. ND contest to land him...
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... -unc/55712
(12/20/19)

Twice named to Newsday's All-Long Island First Team, Arline finished his career with 8,621 all-purpose yards with 124 touchdowns, helping lead the Wildcats to Long Island Championships in 2016 and 2019.

He most recently received an offer from Navy after a wildly successful senior season, also holding offers from Army, Stony Brook, Rice and New Hampshire. In August, Arline was extended a preferred walk-on offer by Notre Dame, where he would also play lacrosse for the Fighting Irish.

Though some have recruited him as a quarterback (service academies employ offenses that are led by dynamic, run-heavy QBs), Arline has been getting looked at as a H-back, slot and defensive back.

On the lacrosse field, Arline led Long Island with 137 points on 70 goals and 67 assists as a junior, picking up a New York Class 'C' state title along with All-American honors. He's been an electric playmaker for Team 91 Crush as well, teaming up with No. 1 recruit Brennan O'Neill '20 and Joey Spallina '22 on the attack.

There's no timeline for his final college decision, as football just had its Early Signing Period this past week. The regular National Signing Day is on Feb. 5 — stay up to date on developments in Arline's recruiting by following Xavier on Twitter, as well as @tyxanders and @ILPreps.
...especially after the #23 ranked Mids beat Kansas State in the Liberty Bowl on 12/31/19! GO NAVY!
Made the correct choice :!:
https://www.capitalgazette.com/sports/n ... story.html

The correct choice all the way around! Kudos to Xavier Arline...
https://www.newsday.com/sports/high-sch ... 1.44020230

SPORTS / HIGH SCHOOL
Lost season: What cancellation of spring sports means in athletes' own words

“It’s tough. I don’t think it’s really hit me 100% yet . . . Both of my parents are in the medical field, and they kind of keep me updated on the whole situation . . . I can sit at ease and be comfortable with the way I ended my career in both sports [lacrosse and football] with two championships with the guys that I love. I feel bad for all the seniors and players all across the country, but I’m handling it pretty well. I’m just going to use this time to be there for others now."
"I'm just going to use this time to be there for others now." Well said, Xavier. Best wishes for a memorable USNA student-athlete career in football AND MLax. GO NAVY!
Best of luck. Very good player. He will do well in Annapolis.
Watch for #7 in today's Navy-Tulane game (12 pm est on ABC). Xavier Arline is already the #2 QB on the Navy depth chart.

The #1 is a senior, who started his only game in Navy's last game vs BYU, Navy's first full contact of the season.
He looked lost & lasted only the first half, before being replaced by the then #2 on the depth chart -- last years backup who looked a little better.
That #2 was a soph. When he wasn't named the starter, he entered the transfer portal & left the team this week.

Anyone who saw Xavier's HS game clips couldn't help notice the similarity to Malcom Perry.
Who knew he'd get his chance, this fast. This does not bode well for his lax availability.
This could be the start of something special.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:05 am
de-committed from UNC.

Recruiting: Eyeing Two Sports, IL's No. 5 Senior Xavier Arline Decommits from UNC
Agreed. Quite the gifted athlete indeed...could be an interesting Navy vs. ND contest to land him...
(12/20/19)

Twice named to Newsday's All-Long Island First Team, Arline finished his career with 8,621 all-purpose yards with 124 touchdowns, helping lead the Wildcats to Long Island Championships in 2016 and 2019.

He most recently received an offer from Navy after a wildly successful senior season, also holding offers from Army, Stony Brook, Rice and New Hampshire. In August, Arline was extended a preferred walk-on offer by Notre Dame, where he would also play lacrosse for the Fighting Irish.

Though some have recruited him as a quarterback (service academies employ offenses that are led by dynamic, run-heavy QBs), Arline has been getting looked at as a H-back, slot and defensive back.

On the lacrosse field, Arline led Long Island with 137 points on 70 goals and 67 assists as a junior, picking up a New York Class 'C' state title along with All-American honors. He's been an electric playmaker for Team 91 Crush as well, teaming up with No. 1 recruit Brennan O'Neill '20 and Joey Spallina '22 on the attack.

There's no timeline for his final college decision, as football just had its Early Signing Period this past week. The regular National Signing Day is on Feb. 5 — stay up to date on developments in Arline's recruiting by following Xavier on Twitter, as well as @tyxanders and @ILPreps.
...especially after the #23 ranked Mids beat Kansas State in the Liberty Bowl on 12/31/19! GO NAVY!

SPORTS / HIGH SCHOOL

“It’s tough. I don’t think it’s really hit me 100% yet . . . Both of my parents are in the medical field, and they kind of keep me updated on the whole situation . . . I can sit at ease and be comfortable with the way I ended my career in both sports [lacrosse and football] with two championships with the guys that I love. I feel bad for all the seniors and players all across the country, but I’m handling it pretty well. I’m just going to use this time to be there for others now."
"I'm just going to use this time to be there for others now." Well said, Xavier. Best wishes for a memorable USNA student-athlete career in football AND MLax. GO NAVY!
Watch for #7 in today's Navy-Tulane game (12 pm est on ABC). Xavier Arline is already the #2 QB on the Navy depth chart.

The #1 is a senior, who started his only game in Navy's last game vs BYU, Navy's first full contact of the season.
He looked lost & lasted only the first half, before being replaced by the then #2 on the depth chart -- last years backup who looked a little better.
That #2 was a soph. When he wasn't named the starter, he entered the transfer portal & left the team this week.

Anyone who saw Xavier's HS game clips couldn't help notice the similarity to Malcom Perry.
Who knew he'd get his chance, this fast. This does not bode well for his lax availability.
Agreed. He certainly has the talent and drive. My only fear is that he is a true freshman at Navy and has not had a year to go through their strength, flexibility, and conditioning regimen. One can argue Perry benefited greatly from significant minutes later in his term in Navy.... word on the street is that he too almost bounced before his 2fer signature, being pushed aside behind ZA. It seems Coach Ken is like most coaches, an allegiance to upperclassman, over known talent waiting in the wings. Maybe he will prove us wrong this go around, assuming #7 has shown high promise to the staff this summer.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:05 am
de-committed from UNC.

(12/20/19)

SPORTS / HIGH SCHOOL

He will be fun to watch. High quality character too.
“I wish you would!”
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Navy twitter
Arline will also be the earliest quarterback to start as a freshman. Keenan Reynolds started in the sixth game of his freshman year vs. Central Michigan, Jim Kubiak (1991 vs Air Force) and Alton Grizzard (1987 vs. Air Force) in the fifth game and Mike Roban (1974 Ga. Tech) 10th
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

AreaLax wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:57 am Navy twitter
Arline will also be the earliest quarterback to start as a freshman. Keenan Reynolds started in the sixth game of his freshman year vs. Central Michigan, Jim Kubiak (1991 vs Air Force) and Alton Grizzard (1987 vs. Air Force) in the fifth game and Mike Roban (1974 Ga. Tech) 10th
Good catch.
I was just going to post,

Arline is in :!:
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Middies with the ball for the potential win.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Xaiver acquitted himself OK, with a limited playbook, behind an O-line that was not yet playing well.
He didn't seem to miss any reads or make any mistakes. The high snaps didn't help.
The speed of the game wasn't too much for him. He saved some plays from being losses.
If he's going to compete for #1 QB, he won't be able to skip spring ball.
Navy's slow season start shows how important spring ball is to Navy's offense.

I wondered why the Navy coaches went with #8 as the starting QB. He was a Sr with no game experience, entered the late starting, no contact fall practice as #3 on the depth chart. Now we know why. Leadership & his passing ability. Once he started to hit some passes, it opened up Tulane's D for Navy's running game.

Xavier has a bright future in whichever sport he chooses to concentrate on, but he'll have a tough time playing both, at least until he has 1 spring FB under his belt.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Great great game,
definitely a senior leadership moment,

the ending,

https://mobile.twitter.com/NavyFB/statu ... 3659920395
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Extended highlights, over 10 minutes, of that
tremendous game yesterday, are on
Navy’s Youtube channel, the entire Tulane game
should be available within the week.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

Does it show him putting down a football and picking up a lacrosse stick?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:06 pm Does it show him putting down a football and picking up a lacrosse stick?
Hah :!:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:02 pm Xaiver acquitted himself OK, with a limited playbook, behind an O-line that was not yet playing well.
He didn't seem to miss any reads or make any mistakes. The high snaps didn't help.
The speed of the game wasn't too much for him. He saved some plays from being losses.

I wondered why the Navy coaches went with #8 as the starting QB. He was a Sr with no game experience, entered the late starting, no contact fall practice as #3 on the depth chart. Now we know why. Leadership & his passing ability. Once he started to hit some passes, it opened up Tulane's D for Navy's running game.

Xavier has a bright future in whichever sport he chooses to concentrate on, but he'll have a tough time playing both, at least until he has 1 spring FB under his belt.
+1 old salt...Xavier will do well in the years ahead...and I'm still holding out great hope that Navy MLax will be in his future, in a serious way, as well - he's a most talented lacrosse player indeed.
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:41 pm Remember a true hero:

https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/nav ... zpg2MjPBWM
+1 indeed.

Well worth viewing...

Well worth reading...
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ater/56867
Faith, Family, Sacrifice: Brendan Looney's Legacy 10 Years Later
Monday September 21st, 2020 9:15am
insidelacrosse
Verified
The No. 40 for @navymlax is worn in honor of the late Brendan Looney. The players elect the teammate who best represents what Looney stood for as a man, a warrior and a teammate.

2011 — Marty Gallagher Class of ‘11
2012 — Cade Norris Class of ‘13
2013 — Matt Morrison Class of ‘14
2014 — Pat Kiernan Class of ‘14
2015 — Brendan Gaine Class of ‘15
2016 — Patrick Keena Class of ‘16
2017 — John Trainor Class of ‘17
2018 — DJ Plumer Class of ‘18
2019 — Ian Burgoyne Class of ‘19
2020 — Brad Alexander Class of ‘20

(📷 Navy)
Brendan Looney SEAL Team 3 column @ WTC.jpg
Brendan Looney SEAL Team 3 column @ WTC.jpg (112.29 KiB) Viewed 1604 times
old salt

Post by old salt »

laxxygilmore wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:53 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:02 pm Xaiver acquitted himself OK, with a limited playbook, behind an O-line that was not yet playing well.

+1 old salt...Xavier will do well in the years ahead...and I'm still holding out great hope that Navy MLax will be in his future, in a serious way, as well - he's a most talented lacrosse player indeed.
If Morris continues playing like he did in the 2nd half vs Tulane & stay's healthy (knock on wood), Xavier won't get much game time, but as #2 he'll get lots of practice reps. If he's still competing for #1 in the spring, I'd be surprised if he skips spring FB.

Lot's of good video interviews with Coach Ken & Morris on the Navy Sports site on the QB starter decision process. Refreshing to hear both coach & player stay positive. Neither Morris nor Xavier have yet to fully master Navy's triple option. Morris was a pro style drop passer. Xavier ran a shotgun spread offense. It will make for an varied Navy offense as Coach Jasper expands the playbook for each & tailors his game plan & play calling to whichever one is playing.

Without liberty, maybe Xavier will have some time to stay lax proficient.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Tough time for the Mids. At least they now have limited town liberty (20 mile limit), masked in uniform. No inside dining, bars, or alcohol. They can visit sponsors homes.

Things are no better in The Fleet. If a crew is healthy, the ship stays at sea. No liberty ports. In port just for maint with limited restrictive liberty.
This is more restrictive than war time conditions.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Navy is doing some tremendous recruiting from the powerful Annapolis Hawks. I recently made a post saying I think that, if you combine several factors together, very few coaches are recruiting better than Amplo.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:15 pm
Tough time for the Mids. At least they now have limited town liberty (20 mile limit), masked in uniform. No inside dining, bars, or alcohol. They can visit sponsors homes.

Things are no better in The Fleet. If a crew is healthy, the ship stays at sea. No liberty ports. In port just for maint with limited restrictive liberty.
This is more restrictive than war time conditions.
Agreed. Under the circumstances they get it, immersed in it....it royally sucks. Thank heaven they have been given staggered liberty.to blow off some steam from the confines of the yard. I worry the angst will bubble over at some point...fingers crossed that cooler heads prevail.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”