All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

jhu72

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

Speaking of seatbelts, do any of you remember the outrage that seatbelts first caused among some in the population? Nut bags will be with us always.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
CU88

Post by CU88 »

United States

Coronavirus Cases: 7,046,216

Deaths: 204,506

and counting...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Bart

Post by Bart »

Here is an interesting paper that just came out. It is a modeling paper so if you think models are all junk then it is probably not worth your time reading it. https://science.sciencemag.org/content/ ... ce.abd7343
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:11 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:21 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:17 pm Does TLD ski, at all? Probably wears a helmet :lol:
I hate the activity. A dead person can do it. May not do it well but a dead body can go from top of a mountain to the bottom.
I grew up skiing the icy "mountains" south of Syracuse. No one wore helmets and we all were in neon. When I go out now anywhere around the country people without helmets are a vast minority. Lots of people back in neon for some reason...

In high school, our starting LSM's father died running into a tree. A couple of deaths a year up there was normal. Putting a helmet on now is like wearing a seat-belt.
learn to TURN.......and you won't hit a tree. Learn to tune your own equipment too........when living in ski country, tuned skis EVERY nite. Especially in the icy east.

I don't wear a helmet while bike riding, either....it's as if lacrosse players nevah get concussions while wearing a helmet. I had to rent a helmet when going down the rabbit hole at Killington a few weeks back........what fun. Not much exercise, except for your lower arms. Don't know why those expensive FULL suspension bikes need all those gears......you rarely pedal uphill, if at all.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:12 am
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:17 pm Does TLD ski, at all? Probably wears a helmet :lol:
I hate the activity. A dead person can do it. May not do it well but a dead body can go from top of a mountain to the bottom.
I grew up skiing the icy "mountains" south of Syracuse. No one wore helmets and we all were in neon. When I go out now anywhere around the country people without helmets are a vast minority. Lots of people back in neon for some reason...

In high school, our starting LSM's father died running into a tree. A couple of deaths a year up there was normal. Putting a helmet on now is like wearing a seat-belt.
learn to TURN.......and you won't hit a tree. Learn to tune your own equipment too........when living in ski country, tuned skis EVERY nite. Especially in the icy east.

I don't wear a helmet while bike riding, either....it's as if lacrosse players nevah get concussions while wearing a helmet. I had to rent a helmet when going down the rabbit hole at Killington a few weeks back........what fun. Not much exercise, except for your lower arms. Don't know why those expensive FULL suspension bikes need all those gears......you rarely pedal uphill, if at all.
Why are you so lazy and not riding back up the mountain..#gearsmatter.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

CU88 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:15 am United States

Coronavirus Cases: 7,046,216

Deaths: 204,506

and counting...
163,548 of these deaths were registered Republicans. you know, the deplorables that have no money and die, mostly alone, in nursing homes, paid for 100% by U.S. tax payer. Any nursing home chain traded on the stock market? exactly

So, isn't this a good thing? unless, you are grouped in if the folks that would be elated if the current POTUSA died.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:17 am

Why are you so lazy and not riding back up the mountain..#gearsmatter.
I do ride back up the mountain........my bike cost $800 bucks 15 years ago. Still works fine.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

This is what happens when Democrats need their narrative sold:

Democratic Influence.jpg
Democratic Influence.jpg (104.96 KiB) Viewed 1071 times

('Party of Science' :roll: )
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Trump Falsely Claims COVID Affects ‘Virtually Nobody’ Who’s Young Despite Near 20K Death Toll
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trum ... death-toll
Trump painted the virus as something that only really impacts elderly people “with heart problems and other problems” but “nobody young.”

“Below the age of 18, like nobody. They have a strong immune system,” the President said. “Who knows? Take your hat off to the young, because they have a hell of an immune system.”

“But it affects virtually nobody,” he added. “It’s an amazing thing.”

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), COVID-19 had caused the death of 19,295 Americans between the ages of 0 to 17 by September 12.
Above article is wrong. Number should be 92.
Last edited by RedFromMI on Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

PB apparently does not know that the President's statements promising a vaccine before it is ready is why no one wants to be the guinea pig...

Notice that the Rs are still much more resistant to a vaccine. Must be the party of antivaxxers...
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:22 am
Trump Falsely Claims COVID Affects ‘Virtually Nobody’ Who’s Young Despite Near 20K Death Toll
Trump painted the virus as something that only really impacts elderly people “with heart problems and other problems” but “nobody young.”

“Below the age of 18, like nobody. They have a strong immune system,” the President said. “Who knows? Take your hat off to the young, because they have a hell of an immune system.”

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), COVID-19 had caused the death of 19,295 Americans between the ages of 0 to 17 by September 12.
the numbers i saw were about 100. not 19,295. wherein lies the difference?

wherever this person gets their info, it's not the cdc.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:34 am

They read the wrong column. Number should be 92
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:39 am

hey, it's 2020. anything goes.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:42 am

It’s only a falsehood. Who cares.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

I don't wear a helmet while bike riding, either.....
Why in the world would you make that your habit?

The risk of falling and getting a concussion would be the best thing that happens. sheesh.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:43 am

exactly. like i said, i give her a pass. it's 2020, everything's political, so the bar is set really low. or it's not a bar, but a new normal? i love the freedom that gives us.

she probably had to source and edit and publish off her cellphone. and has crappy wifi.

talking points is oh for 3 in the articles i've been directed to, i think i could get a side hustle there. always wanted to be part of the 4th estate.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:04 am

exactly. like i said, i give her a pass. it's 2020, everything's political, so the bar is set really low. or it's not a bar, but a new normal? i love the freedom that gives us.

she probably had to source and edit and publish off her cellphone. and has crappy wifi.

talking points is oh for 3 in the articles i've been directed to, i think i could get a side hustle there. always wanted to be part of the 4th estate.
I told a friend of mine about 14 years ago how the internet was going to dumb down America. He thought I was crazy. He told me a couple of years ago that I may have been right. It’s basic common sense. Some of the smartest people ever to walk the plant didn’t have a computer.....other than their brain.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Big Pharma’s Covid-19 Profiteers

...and a rightwingnut Supreme Court will - no doubt about it - be just FINE with WHATEVER Big Pharma wishes to do...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

What's the fatality rate at these days?
What about serious case rate?
Is it waning?
Local MD colleges are not shutting anything down with sysmptoms- or requiring a test right now. They just make the student/faculty stay home for 2 weeks and return after your quarantine.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:10 am
wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:04 am

I told a friend of mine about 14 years ago how the internet was going to dumb down America. He thought I was crazy. He told me a couple of years ago that I may have been right. It’s basic common sense. Some of the smartest people ever to walk the plant didn’t have a computer.....other than their brain.
I don't think it is the Internet per se. Some segments of the American populous have always been ignorant and proud of it. I think personal computers and modern communication technology just highlights the inherent ignorance.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”