SCOTUS

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: SCOTUS

Post by youthathletics »

Interesting tidbit on RBG and Colin Kaepernick: https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/10/politics ... index.html

National anthem protests
Of Kaepernick and others she says, she thinks their actions are "dumb and disrespectful".
"I would have the same answer if you asked me about flag burning. I think it's a terrible thing to do, but I wouldn't lock a person up for doing it. I would point out how ridiculous it seems to me to do such an act."
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
CU88

Post by CU88 »

holmes435 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:58 pm Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:10 am Here’s the truth that no one wants to speak, which that was that RBG was an undistinguished jurist whose decisions simply justified whatever pre-existing liberal outcome she wanted. She wasn’t a genius or an innovator.

She was a obedient puppet for the liberal agenda.

(ks)
Based on your evaluations of her opinions... :roll:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:29 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:10 am Here’s the truth that no one wants to speak, which that was that RBG was an undistinguished jurist whose decisions simply justified whatever pre-existing liberal outcome she wanted. She wasn’t a genius or an innovator.

(ks)
I agree with you Pete. I personally did not like RBG. My opinion of her came from listening to how she spoke down to lawyers arguing in front of her that she disagreed with. If RBG gave you one of her tongue lashings you knew from that point what her decision about your argument was going to be. She could be very mean and short tempered if she disagreed with you. That could be why her and Scalia got along so well? They both had a very gruff side that often came out when they were behind the bench.
Gotta say, not "liking" her because she is "mean"....really? Did deeper for a reason to not like someone, espcaily when that someone has pretty much zero impact on your day to day.

How about respect? Do you respect her for what she was able to accomplish, prior to SCOTUS?

You too Petey, you certanly respect what she was able to accomplish?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:26 am Interesting tidbit on RBG and Colin Kaepernick: https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/10/politics ... index.html

National anthem protests
Of Kaepernick and others she says, she thinks their actions are "dumb and disrespectful".
"I would have the same answer if you asked me about flag burning. I think it's a terrible thing to do, but I wouldn't lock a person up for doing it. I would point out how ridiculous it seems to me to do such an act."
I wonder if her view on this evolved over the past 4 years.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:33 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:26 am Interesting tidbit on RBG and Colin Kaepernick: https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/10/politics ... index.html

National anthem protests
I wonder if her view on this evolved over the past 4 years.
Lots of thoughts evolve with morphine.
Did they bury RBG in 24 hours?
Or are they going to McCain her?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:29 am

(ks)
I agree with you Pete. I personally did not like RBG. My opinion of her came from listening to how she spoke down to lawyers arguing in front of her that she disagreed with. If RBG gave you one of her tongue lashings you knew from that point what her decision about your argument was going to be. She could be very mean and short tempered if she disagreed with you. That could be why her and Scalia got along so well? They both had a very gruff side that often came out when they were behind the bench.
Gotta say, not "liking" her because she is "mean"....really? Did deeper for a reason to not like someone, espcaily when that someone has pretty much zero impact on your day to day.

How about respect? Do you respect her for what she was able to accomplish, prior to SCOTUS?

I apologize for having an opinion of the woman you disagree with. I was trying to be diplomatic about it. I will take off the gloves and tell it to you in very blunt terms. RBG was a grade A b***h on many occasions. I have no respect for the late RBG. That is only my opinion based on listening to her browbeat lawyers, normally lawyers of a conservative nature. Her nasty nature towards those lawyers she disagreed with makes me understand why she was a hero to the FLP who adored her so much. Those are the same FLP folks who disliked Scalia because of his abrasive demeanor towards lawyers that could not get to the point fast enough for him.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
ggait

Post by ggait »

Well then you’d probably dislike about 95% of all federal judges. That behavior is standard issue as any lawyer would tell you. There’s a reason they are called oral “arguments.” Old joke:

What’s the difference between God and a federal judge?

God doesn’t think he’s a federal judge.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Cradle, where in the world are you coming from?

How many supreme court arguments have you attended in person? I bet the answer is zero.

Pretty sure that the only arguments during her time on the bench that were broadcast (audio only) were Bush v. Gore and those from the end of last year’s term. How many of those did you listen to? Which ones?

You are entirely off base about her judicial demeanor. Entirely.

Some of the justices, Scalia and Rehnquist come to mind, could be abrasive. Rehnquist would cut a lawyer off in mid syllable if the light turned to red. But almost all of the other justices are respectful to counsel.

Yes, there are exceptions, such as if a lawyer is making a ridiculous point. But don’t confuse forceful questioning with disrespect.

I know you don’t like her, based on her looks, which is pretty ridiculous.

Given that you are speaking ill of the dead, perhaps you can back up your ludicrous comment.

You won’t.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:16 am Well then you’d probably dislike about 95% of all federal judges. That behavior is standard issue as any lawyer would tell you. There’s a reason they are called oral “arguments.” Old joke:

Why was RBG so much more patient and kind to lawyers arguing a point she agreed with? If she was even handed in how she dispensed her venom I would have given her the same respect I gave Scalia. That kind of nasty temperament does not permeate the remaining 8 justices and they represent a wide range of political beliefs.
Bob Ross:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

It always warmed my heart that RBG and Scalia were friends. I hope that she is up in heaven wondering where he is.
Fearless RBG.jpg
Fearless RBG.jpg (37.83 KiB) Viewed 866 times
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
ggait

Post by ggait »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:28 am
ggait wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:16 am Well then you’d probably dislike about 95% of all federal judges. That behavior is standard issue as any lawyer would tell you. There’s a reason they are called oral “arguments.” Old joke:

Why was RBG so much more patient and kind to lawyers arguing a point she agreed with? If she was even handed in how she dispensed her venom I would have given her the same respect I gave Scalia. That kind of nasty temperament does not permeate the remaining 8 justices and they represent a wide range of political beliefs.
Sorry cs. You are off base here. Just ask any lawyers you know.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:22 am Cradle, where in the world are you coming from?

How many supreme court arguments have you attended in person? I bet the answer is zero.

Pretty sure that the only arguments during her time on the bench that were broadcast (audio only) were Bush v. Gore and those from the end of last year’s term. How many of those did you listen to? Which ones?

You are entirely off base about her judicial demeanor. Entirely.

Some of the justices, Scalia and Rehnquist come to mind, could be abrasive. Rehnquist would cut a lawyer off in mid syllable if the light turned to red. But almost all of the other justices are respectful to counsel.

Yes, there are exceptions, such as if a lawyer is making a ridiculous point. But don’t confuse forceful questioning with disrespect.

I know you don’t like her, based on her looks, which is pretty ridiculous.

Given that you are speaking ill of the dead, perhaps you can back up your ludicrous comment.

You won’t.
You can listen to oral arguments on C SPAN. If your bored and channel surfing late at night they have them on every so often. I have to my own embarrassment spent many hours listening to them. You do not get any video but you can listen to the judges questioning the lawyers arguing in front of them. Does the fact I disagree and dislike RBG equate to you speaking ill of the dead? What have I said about her since her passing that equates to ill will? If not jumping on the RBG lovefest wagon means I am disrespecting her, then so be it. If trump bit the farm tomorrow you would witness a whole new level of illl will towards the deceased.
FTR Scalia was also nasty and ornery towards any lawyer arguing in front of him that was not prepared to argue his/her case. I did not reach up my ass and pull this opinion out. I observed what I heard listening to oral arguments when they are on TV. I can tell you Justice Thomas has a wonderful demeanor during oral arguments. He never asks a single freaking question of any lawyer. That sure does speed up the process doesn't it?
Bob Ross:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

You're making crap up now Cradle. You have ZERO knowledge of what you are alleging. That's called Fake News and while it's not surprising you would use it to create a narrative, it isn't going to get by in here without serious, credible push-back.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:03 am

(ks)

I apologize for having an opinion of the woman you disagree with. I was trying to be diplomatic about it. I will take off the gloves and tell it to you in very blunt terms. RBG was a grade A b***h on many occasions. I have no respect for the late RBG. That is only my opinion based on listening to her browbeat lawyers, normally lawyers of a conservative nature. Her nasty nature towards those lawyers she disagreed with makes me understand why she was a hero to the FLP who adored her so much. Those are the same FLP folks who disliked Scalia because of his abrasive demeanor towards lawyers that could not get to the point fast enough for him.
No apology required on this one. Didn't realize how much didn't care for her....I am surprise that you say it's because of her demeanor.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:49 am You're making dump up now Cradle. You have ZERO knowledge of what you are alleging. That's called Fake News and while it's not surprising you would use it to create a narrative, it isn't going to get by in here without serious, credible push-back.

So your telling me all those SCOTUS oral arguments I listened to where all fake news? I am expressing my opinion on this issue based on the many hours I spent listening to these oral arguments. You can push back all you want. That is what is so good about living in a free country. We can still have an opinion. Do you have a counter opinion having listened to SCOTUS oral arguments yourself? I am not pushing any narrative. You sure are in a foul mood this morning my friend. You really need a vegetable garden Dis. It would do you a world of good. :) Don't worry my yellow friend... be happy.
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:38 am You can listen to oral arguments on C SPAN. If your bored and channel surfing late at night they have them on every so often. I have to my own embarrassment spent many hours listening to them. You do not get any video but you can listen to the judges questioning the lawyers arguing in front of them. Does the fact I disagree and dislike RBG equate to you speaking ill of the dead? What have I said about her since her passing that equates to ill will? If not jumping on the RBG lovefest wagon means I am disrespecting her, then so be it. If trump bit the farm tomorrow you would witness a whole new level of illl will towards the deceased.
FTR Scalia was also nasty and ornery towards any lawyer arguing in front of him that was not prepared to argue his/her case. I did not reach up my ass and pull this opinion out. I observed what I heard listening to oral arguments when they are on TV. I can tell you Justice Thomas has a wonderful demeanor during oral arguments. He never asks a single freaking question of any lawyer. That sure does speed up the process doesn't it?
Yes, you are right about delayed audio broadcasts of arguments. I was thinking about live broadcasts.

What have you said that equates to speaking ill of the dead?

"Nasty temperament."

"Very mean and short tempered."

"Grade A b*tch."

"Nasty nature."

The extreme nature of my response is due in large part to you misogynistic past comments about her looks. She's a woman, you find her unattractive, and she's a liberal. That is three strikes against her in your book.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:53 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:03 am

(ks)

No apology required on this one. Didn't realize how much didn't care for her....I am surprise that you say it's because of her demeanor.
I think most folks here have never listened to these oral arguments. I have no problems with what RBGs politics were. She and Scalia could both be very abrasive if not bordering on verbally abusive towards some lawyers. Scalia was more impatient because he did not like lawyers beating around the bush. RBG really had a problem with some lawyers arguing in front of her that she disagreed with in principle. Those were only my observations. I am certain other folks here have a much different opinion. I am just one of those odd ducks who thought listening to these oral arguments late at was a fascinating window to how these judges think.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:05 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:38 am You can listen to oral arguments on C SPAN. If your bored and channel surfing late at night they have them on every so often. I have to my own embarrassment spent many hours listening to them. You do not get any video but you can listen to the judges questioning the lawyers arguing in front of them. Does the fact I disagree and dislike RBG equate to you speaking ill of the dead? What have I said about her since her passing that equates to ill will? If not jumping on the RBG lovefest wagon means I am disrespecting her, then so be it. If trump bit the farm tomorrow you would witness a whole new level of illl will towards the deceased.
Yes, you are right about delayed audio broadcasts of arguments. I was thinking about live broadcasts.

What have you said that equates to speaking ill of the dead?

"Nasty temperament."

"Very mean and short tempered."

"Grade A b*tch."

"Nasty nature."

The extreme nature of my response is due in large part to you misogynistic past comments about her looks. She's a woman, you find her unattractive, and she's a liberal. That is three strikes against her in your book.
You are correct, I have made fun of RBGs looks and demeanor in the past. I bet you damn near every progressive poster on this forum has said much more disparaging comments about Sarah Palin. Does that also make their comments misogynistic in nature? Maybe those insults and disparaging comments were different.? Explain to me what the rules are when it comes to misogynistic comments. I guess it matters what political party the person belongs to? :roll:
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradle,

We've been down this road before, notably the "Buzzi" discussion we had back a while ago, so forgive us all now rolling our eyes when you describe her as a B, but don't use such a word for any of the men who question a lawyer making, in their view, a poor argument.

Here's a little challenge that will perhaps address the legal eagles on here who actually understand the legal arguments being made:

Provide a link or two or three of specific audio broadcasts (surely they exist) and point to the specific times of the exchanges which you believe warrant your disrespect or whatever word you choose to apply that would justify the use of the B-word to describe her.

I'll put a nickel down that our legal friends on here will then explain to you why the specific argument being made by the lawyer was so weak that it drew her questioning to be sharp in return.

They will also likely explain (again) that this is exactly the process that is required in order to reveal the flaws of any legal argument, if there be any, such that the ultimate decision made by the Court will be fully informed.

PS, I'm guessing that you were not actually complimenting Justice Thomas, because he so rarely asks a question, right?

Return to “POLITICS”