Israel's Accord

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: Israel's Accord

Post by CU88 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:45 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:36 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:06 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:01 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:56 pm With JCPOA. Obama let Iran off the hook & financed their proxy wars that inflame the region & make the Sunni-Shia conflict a permanent state of war.
Combined with his premature withdrawal & disinterest in Iraq & Syria, he set back the prospects for peace in the ME for decades.
The Arabs do not want war or sectarian conflict. The militant Iranians are the disruptive threat.
:lol: As usual, your "lets look back in time and see who's to blame" magically stops at Obama.

Who CHOSE to make Iran our enemy, OS?

Who CHOSE to arm Saddam to (snicker) "fix" the fact that we made Iran our enemy?

Who CHOSE to then disarm Saddam, creating a power void in the ME?

But of course, it's all Obama's fault. Sell it somewhere else, OS.

Wanna blame someone? Blame US Intel. Something you did with RELISH when they were mean to Trump.

Next time, don't tell a President and our Allies that Iran is months---months----away from getting a nuke, OS.

Ever poster here knows doggone well that had Obama done nothing about that US intel, and Iran got a nuke? You'd be on here 24/7 blaming Obama for sitting on his hands.
Just look how things have played out in the ME since Obama bailed out of Iraq & let Iran off the hook. You keep going back to 1979, 1991, or 2003. That's no excuse for Obama blowing up the hard fought progress which was achieved in overcoming those previous mistakes by multiple Presidencies.

nbd, Old Salt. Just historic peace treaties from Arab to Israeli sworn enemies.

The important thing, and eyes on the prize! Orange Man Bad!
“Historic peace treaties” between “sworn enemies”. If I keep reading this moron’s posts I’m going to find myself with no more rump to laugh off.

Somebody needs to show me where, in the history of either Bahrain or the UAE, either have been at war with Israel. All I can find in my research is that all three have common enemies.
Thanks.

+1

All show and no substance.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Kismet wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:10 pm Israelis are not happy that part of the DOPUS plan is to sell F-35 stealth fighters to UAE and Bahrain which would render much of the Israeli air defense systems a lot less effective than they are today. Bibi, of course, wants his cake and to eat it, too. Another Trump sycophant.

Additionally, while Netanyahu was speaking in DC, sirens sounded in the Israeli cities of Ashkelon and Ashdod, indicating possible rocket fire from militants in the nearby Gaza Strip, according to a statement from the Israeli army.

They are NOT signing any peace treaties.
Can you provide a link to POTUSA's plan, or are we just to take your word............

........and we all remember when you pretend liberals were sickened by selling weapons to house of Saud, and a long, long list of evil doers.

Didn't the DEMOCRAT Obama stop selling killing machines to not so nice people?

exactly
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:50 pm It's very big, positive development.

Score one for Team Trump. Well done.
where is Typical Lacrosse Dad's usual response to this post?

"still defending trump, eh AFAN", says TLD
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:58 am
Thanks for the timely insights, ...3 years old.
That was the point. It has been in the making.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

This aged well....like a nice Mad Dog 20/20 wine. :lol:

circa. Feb-2019
dislaxxic wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:07 pm Kushner's Peace Plan Looks Dead on Arrival

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

While this is definitely a step forward in certain business relationships, and such should not be underestimated as a friction against conflict between those in the relationship, this is far from any sort of "peace plan".

These are players who have some common business interests and some common foes, not a peace plan between actual adversaries.

It does nothing to address where the heat of the conflict remains.

But no problem with Trump and Kushner taking a victory lap for being involved in something positive, just don't call it a 'peace plan'.

Let's just call it a step forward.

History will tell whether the consequences are more positive than negative (there are always unintended consequences) but I think it's fair to just be hopeful for now.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:40 am This aged well....like a nice Mad Dog 20/20 wine. :lol:

circa. Feb-2019
dislaxxic wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:07 pm Kushner's Peace Plan Looks Dead on Arrival

The recent activity is a positive step forward to be sure, but has little to do with the Israel-Palestine issues that lie at the heart of the ME problem...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:49 am While this is definitely a step forward in certain business relationships, and such should not be underestimated as a friction against conflict between those in the relationship, this is far from any sort of "peace plan".

These are players who have some common business interests and some common foes, not a peace plan between actual adversaries.

It does nothing to address where the heat of the conflict remains.

But no problem with Trump and Kushner taking a victory lap for being involved in something positive, just don't call it a 'peace plan'.

Let's just call it a step forward.

History will tell whether the consequences are more positive than negative (there are always unintended consequences) but I think it's fair to just be hopeful for now.
Andrea Mitchell talking point. The rest of the Sunni Arab world is ready to make peace with Israel & move forward.
The recalcitrant Palestinians are being isolated, as are their Iranian sponsors.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I have no idea what Andrea Mitchell thinks on this topic.

I do have a clue with what some of my Israeli friends tell me.

This is a fingers crossed situation, mostly about money, and not addressing the actual conflict matters.

But it has the potential for positive consequences, so fingers crossed.
But there are also potential negative consequences, so fingers crossed.

And no, the Sunni world is not monolithic. Even not in their competition with the "Shiite world". In this, too, there are gradations.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

https://twitter.com/HananyaNaftali/stat ... tinians%2F

Everyone needs to understand this!

So you libs want the same thing as the islamic terrorists, hamas, hezbollah the Ayatollahs and the Palestinians, A hiden Joe Biden presidency and condescending clowns like John Kerry making policy.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

What a joke. Peace in our time. :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:02 am https://twitter.com/HananyaNaftali/stat ... tinians%2F

Everyone needs to understand this!

So you libs want the same thing as the islamic terrorists, hamas, hezbollah the Ayatollahs and the Palestinians, A hiden Joe Biden presidency and condescending clowns like John Kerry making policy.

I don't hate many folks, but John Kerry has got to be on my small list. What a pedantic Nantucket putz.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:47 pm What a joke. Peace in our time. :lol: :lol:
It's always laughy faces when the side you pull for looks foolish...better to just not respond. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:11 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:47 pm What a joke. Peace in our time. :lol: :lol:
It's always laughy faces when the side you pull for looks foolish...better to just not respond. ;)
He achieved nothing. This is a nothing burger. He has no chance at a Nobel Prize. The rest of the world sees it for what it is, simple goal post moving. :lol: I am not surprised by you being fooled by it.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:25 pm
He achieved nothing. This is a nothing burger. He has no chance at a Nobel Prize. The rest of the world sees it for what it is, simple goal post moving. :lol: I am not surprised by you being fooled by it.
An exchange in embassies through diplomatic recognition is definitely NOT a peace treaty. I think all/most all the nations involved in WWI/II had embassies in their "enemies" countries.

Now having diplomatic relationships are intended to lower the risk of war, but do not always do so. And here the players are not the ones likely to face each other in war. So that is why jhu72 is calling this a nothing burger.

I think it is a positive sign, but not earth shattering, and by dividing the Arab world into those who prefer to be closer to Israel from those who don't does not really lower the temperature for those other countries' relationships with Israel (or the US for that matter).
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:35 pm
An exchange in embassies through diplomatic recognition is definitely NOT a peace treaty. I think all/most all the nations involved in WWI/II had embassies in their "enemies" countries.

Now having diplomatic relationships are intended to lower the risk of war, but do not always do so. And here the players are not the ones likely to face each other in war. So that is why jhu72 is calling this a nothing burger.

I think it is a positive sign, but not earth shattering, and by dividing the Arab world into those who prefer to be closer to Israel from those who don't does not really lower the temperature for those other countries' relationships with Israel (or the US for that matter).
It was an easy and natural next step. Taking countries that haven't been at war in over 50 years, and all of a sudden peace breaks out, its some big deal. :lol: This has more to do with the Sunni fear of Iran than anything else. Its typical Trump, semantics. :roll:

The most extreme Palestinians will now have cause to take action against other Arab states.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Ok here's another example of what actually IS isn't and what we tell you IS is.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Trump’s politics of divisiveness played out internationally. Heat things up between parties and watch it burn. Eventually you may “win”.
njbill

Post by njbill »

These are trade deals, not peace treaties, of course. Yes, establishing diplomatic relations is a good thing, but geopolitically, it is insignificant.

Add in the fact that the two countries agreed to the deals in exchange for being sold U.S. military hardware they wanted, and it's obvious their agreements were simply bought. Of course, Bibi went along. He is beholden to Trump and on the thinnest of thin ices in Israel.

Remains to be seen whether, as Trump claims, other similar trade deals will follow with other similarly situated peaceful Arab countries. Saudi Arabia? No way in hell will they establish diplomatic relations with Israel.

The Palestinians are understandably PO'd. These deals certainly don't make a peace deal with Israel more likely, as if Jared Kushner could ever come within one million miles of brokering that.

Trump has already royally screwed up any hope of progress with Iran by reneging on the nuclear agreement. Would step 2, getting Iran to stop supporting terrorism, have happened? A real long shot to be sure, but at least a beginning groundwork was in place. Now? No chance in hell. Why would Iran ever do a deal with the U.S. again? Trump has committed some doozies of blunders, but pulling out of the Iran deal is at or near the top of the list.

So what does the U.S. get out of these two trade deals, other than the companies that make the planes, etc. to be sold to them? Nothing. Not a GD thing.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

njbill wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:48 am These are trade deals, not peace treaties, of course. Yes, establishing diplomatic relations is a good thing, but geopolitically, it is insignificant.

Add in the fact that the two countries agreed to the deals in exchange for being sold U.S. military hardware they wanted, and it's obvious their agreements were simply bought. Of course, Bibi went along. He is beholden to Trump and on the thinnest of thin ices in Israel.

Remains to be seen whether, as Trump claims, other similar trade deals will follow with other similarly situated peaceful Arab countries. Saudi Arabia? No way in hell will they establish diplomatic relations with Israel.

The Palestinians are understandably PO'd. These deals certainly don't make a peace deal with Israel more likely, as if Jared Kushner could ever come within one million miles of brokering that.

Trump has already royally screwed up any hope of progress with Iran by reneging on the nuclear agreement. Would step 2, getting Iran to stop supporting terrorism, have happened? A real long shot to be sure, but at least a beginning groundwork was in place. Now? No chance in hell. Why would Iran ever do a deal with the U.S. again? Trump has committed some doozies of blunders, but pulling out of the Iran deal is at or near the top of the list.

So what does the U.S. get out of these two trade deals, other than the companies that make the planes, etc. to be sold to them? Nothing. Not a GD thing.
If they're insignificant why didn't somebody else do them.

Libs Jeezus

Return to “POLITICS”