All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

youthathletics

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:19 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:17 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:05 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:01 pm So we shoot the messenger, after the fact? She is cited on NIH/WHO papers...before Bannon and her came into play. If not mistaked we already discussed...before anyone even knew there were ties with Bannon.
Already discussed and discredited.....why bring it up up again if it’s already been discussed..... “A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself”

take that tripe to Twitter.
Where has she been discredited by her peers?
“A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself. “

Been brought up and discussed as you so appropriately stated.
Except it hasn't been brought up and discussed about here credibility....That would have been you trolling everyone again. In a search for her name, we find one of your useless emoji riddled tripe posts that say nothing, other than the typical response by you implying you are omniscient.

Again, where has she been discredited by her peers in the medical field?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:37 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:01 pm So we shoot the messenger, after the fact? She is cited on NIH/WHO papers...before Bannon and her came into play. If not mistaked we already discussed...before anyone even knew there were ties with Bannon.
Already discussed and discredited.....why bring it up up again if it’s already been discussed..... “A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself”

“A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself. “

Except it hasn't been brought up and discussed about here credibility....That would have been you trolling everyone again. In a search for her name, we find one of your useless emoji riddled tripe posts that say nothing, other than the typical response by you implying you are omniscient.

What has she published on the subject and where? Once she publishes a paper, it will be reviewed. Her argument will be credited or discredited. Then what? Have fun in tripe land.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-doe ... ab-1532068

We will see if her data holds up to scientific scrutiny. Afterwards, then what?
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

For those interested, Texas has moved into 3rd behind New Jersey in total deaths, passing Californian now in 4th, waiting to be passed by Florida. Florida leads in deaths today. Texas will likely move past New Jersey within the next 30 days. Florida has a good chance of passing California in the same time frame.

Also looks to me like the good news is largely over for the time being. Trendline for the US appears to be turning up, as predicted by the University of Washington model. Next stop, 400K dead by New Years. Average of 2000 dead per day over the rest of the year. MAGA!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:52 pm For those interested, Texas has moved into 3rd behind New Jersey in total deaths, passing Californian now in 4th, waiting to be passed by Florida. Florida leads in deaths today. Texas will likely move past New Jersey within the next 30 days. Florida has a good chance of passing California in the same time frame.

Also looks to me like the good news is largely over for the time being. Trendline for the US appears to be turning up, as predicted by the University of Washington model. Next stop, 400K dead by New Years. Average of 2000 dead per day over the rest of the year. MAGA!
But the virus may have come out of a lab and masks are bad for you.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Another article for Mr. I am always positive:

https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-how ... he-lab/amp

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/07 ... speaks-out

The Chinese could be lying but Trump was so grateful of their help and mentioned they did a great job.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:47 pm

What has she published on the subject and where? Once she publishes a paper, it will be reviewed. Her argument will be credited or discredited. Then what? Have fun in tripe land.

I already provided a link to nih.gov where she is involved as Dr. on subject matter. YOU have already attempted to discredit her by linking her to Bannon...and you claim to be a facts/science guy...seems you are the one sucked in by tripe. Then when you are challenged to back your non factual claim about her, you attempt to say we already discussed her credibility and just go away...which I proved we did not, then you try and walk it back further assuming she must write a paper on the subject to then have her peers review to see if she is legit.

Seems your concern with post count and trolling everyone, has turned into what you don't like about twitter...tripe.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:07 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:47 pm

I already provided a link to nih.gov where she is involved as Dr. on subject matter. YOU have already attempted to discredit her by linking her to Bannon...and you claim to be a facts/science guy...seems you are the one sucked in by tripe. Then when you are challenged to back your non factual claim about her, you attempt to say we already discussed her credibility and just go away...which I proved we did not, then you try and walk it back further assuming she must write a paper on the subject to then have her peers review to see if she is legit.

Seems your concern with post count and trolling everyone, has turned into what you don't like about twitter...tripe.
You are the one that said we already discussed it...so why bring it up again? I then said once she produces a paper it will be reviewed and confirmed or discredited....in case you forgot..this was my earlier reply.

“What has she published on the subject and where? Once she publishes a paper, it will be reviewed. Her argument will be credited or discredited. Then what? Have fun in tripe land.”
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:52 pm For those interested, Texas has moved into 3rd behind New Jersey in total deaths, passing Californian now in 4th, waiting to be passed by Florida. Florida leads in deaths today. Texas will likely move past New Jersey within the next 30 days. Florida has a good chance of passing California in the same time frame.

Why do you say that as if it makes you happy? Even if it does not,respectfully. You realize that this thread has become 7 or 8 posters with with the exact same viewpoints going above and beyond to "legitimize" the virus at every possible chance they can get. There's a reason there are many different posters on this site, but VERY few on this thread. Because it has become ridiculous. "Next stop, 400K dead by New Years" Like this is some I told you some moment to 1,2, or maybe 3 posters on this site who have valid opposing viewpoints but MAY express them in a manner which others may not appreciate. It DOES NOT mean their opinion is not based in truth/facts if it does not fit your political viewpoint!! And while the IHME Model is usefully, IT DOES NOT MEAN IT IS RIGHT because IT IS JUST A MODEL. It assumes certain things to happen which may not, and certain things not to happen which MAY IN FACT happen. This was a great thread even as a recent as 6 weeks ago, now it's just the same thing every day. NOBODY thinks this virus is NOT serious, but playing Monday Morning QB every damn day is not productive. Especially when the majority of posters are trying to convince god knows who, as this particular platform has very little reach. So it's very easy to get sucked into thinking that this community (all good people at heart!) is representative of a larger perspective on the virus. If we had 1000 posters on this site I can pretty much assure you there would be a lot of opinions that most of these current posters would NOT like. Many of those people would not remain in this thread for more than a few days after experiencing what goes on here. Rant over! Joe Burrow looks like quite a keeper!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:32 pm

Why do you say that as if it makes you happy? Even if it does not,respectfully. You realize that this thread has become 7 or 8 posters with with the exact same viewpoints going above and beyond to "legitimize" the virus at every possible chance they can get. There's a reason there are many different posters on this site, but VERY few on this thread. Because it has become ridiculous. "Next stop, 400K dead by New Years" Like this is some I told you some moment to 1,2, or maybe 3 posters on this site who have valid opposing viewpoints but MAY express them in a manner which others may not appreciate. It DOES NOT mean their opinion is not based in truth/facts if it does not fit your political viewpoint!! And while the IHME Model is usefully, IT DOES NOT MEAN IT IS RIGHT because IT IS JUST A MODEL. It assumes certain things to happen which may not, and certain things not to happen which MAY IN FACT happen. This was a great thread even as a recent as 6 weeks ago, now it's just the same thing every day. NOBODY thinks this virus is NOT serious, but playing Monday Morning QB every damn day is not productive. Especially when the majority of posters are trying to convince god knows who, as this particular platform has very little reach. So it's very easy to get sucked into thinking that this community (all good people at heart!) is representative of a larger perspective on the virus. If we had 1000 posters on this site I can pretty much assure you there would be a lot of opinions that most of these current posters would NOT like. Many of those people would not remain in this thread for more than a few days after experiencing what goes on here. Rant over! Joe Burrow looks like quite a keeper!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
Joe Burrow couldn’t crack the OSU starting line up.
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:35 pm

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
As an OSU alum, I know that all too well! Just goes to show you, what's good for some aint good for others!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:05 pm

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
As an OSU alum, I know that all too well! Just goes to show you, what's good for some aint good for others!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
You a buckeye or a buckeye fan or both?
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:16 pm

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
Not a Buckeye, but most certainly a Buckeye Fan. When it comes to Football! Have always been a Duke Basketball fan, Coach K is probably my number two idol. Number one is Rafa Nadal, as I am an avid tennis player (5.0 rating) and enthusiast as well as a lefty to boot!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:25 pm

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
Not a Buckeye, but most certainly a Buckeye Fan. When it comes to Football! Have always been a Duke Basketball fan, Coach K is probably my number two idol. Number one is Rafa Nadal, as I am an avid tennis player (5.0 rating) and enthusiast as well as a lefty to boot!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
Interesting. Been to both campuses. I know a lot of former OSU football and basketball players and interestingly, no Duke basketball players at all. What year were you at The Ohio State University?
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:32 pm

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
Interesting. Been to both campuses. I know a lot of former OSU football and basketball players and interestingly, no Duke basketball players at all. What year were you at The Ohio State University?
I'm a youngin! Finished my 5th year in 2012. Was a great experience, I am an alumni of Sigma Chi. Columbus is a GREAT college town. Notice how I said town, as being a native New Yorker, Columbus was basically Brooklyn to me!!😆
En Hoc,

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:38 pm

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
I'm a youngin! Finished my 5th year in 2012. Was a great experience, I am an alumni of Sigma Chi. Columbus is a GREAT college town. Notice how I said town, as being a native New Yorker, Columbus was basically Brooklyn to me!!😆
En Hoc,

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
You have hair on your balls yet?!! I love Columbus. I was in German Village back in February. I worked downtown Columbus years ago.... will be there next Summer if all goes well for a HOF induction ceremony.....was postponed this year. My son is a buckeye fan.... I raised him right. A good friend is a major football booster......sits on the boards of a bunch of companies now. I have mixed emotions about football starting back up.
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:47 pm

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
En Hoc,

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
You have hair on your balls yet?!! I love Columbus. I was in German Village back in February. I worked downtown Columbus years ago.... will be there next Summer if all goes well for a HOF induction ceremony.....was postponed this year. My son is a buckeye fan.... I raised him right. A good friend is a major football booster......sits on the boards of a bunch of companies now. I have mixed emotions about football starting back up.
German Village is excellent, agreed! I can understand that, but I am happy that this talented team is at least getting a chance with such good title aspirations...

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:52 pm

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!

En Hoc,

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
German Village is excellent, agreed! I can understand that, but I am happy that this talented team is at least getting a chance with such good title aspirations...

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
I am old now..... I have friends and teammates that played there and their kids and nephews have come through. A cousin in Ohio has trained a few of their DBs that have been drafted. He played in the NFL for about 12 years and is coaching HS. Has turned down pro jobs to do good with kids.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

why not 500 thousand by new years?
or a million?
think big!!!!

wow, you were out for a while... back with a bang after being somewhat discerning prior.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:56 pm

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!

En Hoc,

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
I am old now..... I have friends and teammates that played there and their kids and nephews have come through. A cousin in Ohio has trained a few of their DBs that have been drafted. He played in the NFL for about 12 years and is coaching HS. Has turned down pro jobs to do good with kids.
i love stories like that. what you can do with high schoolers is immeasurable.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:01 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:56 pm

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!

En Hoc,

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
i love stories like that. what you can do with high schoolers is immeasurable.
He’s a good guy. I remember being in the first grade and he would say he wanted to be a pro football player. He was never the best athlete but was a hard worker, determined and coachable. I was a better athlete but he would run through a wall with no helmet if the coach told him to and I was going to ask the coach why? Really wants to impact kids lives. Has managed to help a few make it to the league and his son has a chance....Was offered by Alabama, Clemson, ND, OSU and Michigan.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”