Loyola Greyhounds 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
houndace1

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2021

Post by houndace1 »

also heard (and read) that Loyola is in the running for two current 2022 HS grads. Ben Spinelli and Dom Pietramala.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Dom's dad has a pretty good idea who the good coaches are out there.
He'd be another in a long line of BL and MIAA attackmen to do great things at Evergreen.
Hope all my fellow Hounds fans are well.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

The young man has a wicked game - see video.

Thanks for pointing this out Hound Ace. Agree with ThatSmell that his Dad probably knows who the good coaches are and who can help develop their game.

He would look good playing in front of several thousand fans at Ridley. Maybe follow in the steps of a certain other BL attackman??? Why not?? Works for me. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdnqS179A3Y
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

so just found out via Ty Xanders that Boland and Devereaux entered their names within the Transfer Portal a couple days ago. Wish them the best!
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

There's some chatter on the Denver thread about Boland and (??) Devereaux attending DU. That might make sense. Wishing those two the very best as Grad students and Pio's if the news is correct.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

i'm just surprised because i thought these two would come back for 2021 as well with the rest of the 2020 seniors. But if they decide to go somewhere else then we all wish them the best!

Wherever they go to play, they'll make an impact
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Good kids. Good contributions to the Hounds over their time on Evergreen! Wish them well. They will do well in CO, Pios will be getting some solid contributors. ANd kids who know how to lead by example in the work-ethic department.
I think it's actually good for the Greyhounds. A little more room on the depth chart for new blood. No expectations that a Senior will just slide into an old role. You lose 2 "knowns," but it gives us more room to develop and give game experience to what I believe to be a very promising and pretty deep midfield unit.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:30 pm Good kids. Good contributions to the Hounds over their time on Evergreen! Wish them well. They will do well in CO, Pios will be getting some solid contributors. ANd kids who know how to lead by example in the work-ethic department.
I think it's actually good for the Greyhounds. A little more room on the depth chart for new blood. No expectations that a Senior will just slide into an old role. You lose 2 "knowns," but it gives us more room to develop and give game experience to what I believe to be a very promising and pretty deep midfield unit.
Who breaks out to be a contributor? Poitras and Wigs are presumed starters

Evan James? Riley Seay? Jack Decker? Najee Taylor has serious speed to run by guys.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Keep an eye on Bateman. No inside scoop. But I loved watching the kid in HS. His field sense is off the charts.
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

houndace1 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:38 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:30 pm Good kids. Good contributions to the Hounds over their time on Evergreen! Wish them well. They will do well in CO, Pios will be getting some solid contributors. ANd kids who know how to lead by example in the work-ethic department.
Who breaks out to be a contributor? Poitras and Wigs are presumed starters

Evan James? Riley Seay? Jack Decker? Najee Taylor has serious speed to run by guys.
Lots of choices...Swindel, Poitras, Cox...then add Bateman, James, Hueston, Seay, Taylor...lots of depth...you will be able to find two really good lines in this group and we have depth if someone gets dinged up...
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:43 pm Keep an eye on Bateman. No inside scoop. But I loved watching the kid in HS. His field sense is off the charts.
Agree...Liam is rock solid and he will be a contributor in 2021...agree, he's got a strong game IQ
loyola11

Post by loyola11 »

A couple of questions as we move to the fall with no Freshmen and probably limited sophomores on campus.

1. Will the team have captains practices? Can they work out at Ridley? Strength and conditioning?
2. If they do, how will that affect the incoming freshman. Fall ball is so important when it comes to speed of the game, physicality etc.
3. How will Loyola fair with other patriot league teams practicing in the fall?

Praying there is a 2021 season
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

loyola11 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:58 pm A couple of questions as we move to the fall with no Freshmen and probably limited sophomores on campus.

1. Will the team have captains practices? Can they work out at Ridley? Strength and conditioning?
2. If they do, how will that affect the incoming freshman. Fall ball is so important when it comes to speed of the game, physicality etc.
3. How will Loyola fair with other patriot league teams practicing in the fall?

Praying there is a 2021 season
Based on Loyola essentially shutting down, I'm guessing you will not see fall ball as you normally do...no freshman on campus, probably missing some very key sophomores...not good at all

Not sure on other Patriot teams...in terms of fall rules and practicing

Big ten and ACC are practicing and planning on trying to make fall ball as close to normal as possible...

With no fall ball, I would not expect any freshman to be ready to contribute come Feb...if there is even a season...which is doubtful IMO...you can have a great highlight film from high school, but until you get real live reps for a few months...you are not gonna be ready for the speed and size and mental part of the game when your playing UVA, Hopkins, Rutgers, Towson, and Duke...not close to the same...as well all know here...
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

A bunch of All state, All Metro accolades i see with impressive statistics! im excited for this group. I believe one of them is a US Lacrosse AA as well as Adrenaline AA which is good news as well.

Also happy September 1st! Todays the day that coaches can contact HS Juniors in the class of 2022. Here's hoping we get some good guys
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

houndace1 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:23 am A bunch of All state, All Metro accolades i see with impressive statistics! im excited for this group. I believe one of them is a US Lacrosse AA as well as Adrenaline AA which is good news as well.

Also happy September 1st! Todays the day that coaches can contact HS Juniors in the class of 2022. Here's hoping we get some good guys
Good looking group...no doubt

They will come in with a big disadvantage as they will not have any fall ball training and they won't be on campus until January...maybe. Freshman need fall ball...don't care how good they were in HS.

Feel bad for all these athletes...being held out in limbo, not being able to train. I don't feel like we will have a season next year...which will bring a ton of roster decisions and movement into the summer, portal, etc...
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Morning everyone. Hope all is well!

Just found out that received a 2021 commit on 9/8/2020. Seems to me that he's a late commit but the more guys we get to fill the class, the merrier!

Recruit is Tyler Conklin out of Episcopal High School from Virginia. He's a middie and plays club for Team Amped. Anyone ever see him play? can't find a highlight video on youtube

Edit: he's listed as a 71, 74, and 85 overall in the three times that IL saw him from 2017-2019. Played at UA underclassmen boys tryout, as well as the 2019 IL Fall Invitational.

heres the most recent write up "Have seen him listed as both an attackman and a midfielder, but think he ultimately is a college middie because he is a real deal athlete. He has range with his feet set and scores at a high rate when he hits the cage. He looks and runs like a college midfielder, and he's not afraid to pick up tough GBs either.

If his stickwork continues to progress, he could end up on the field as an attackman, but he seems most dangerous above the cage (modern offensive coordinators will love his skillset). He is not 100% comfortable in the high corners, but when he does get there, that's bad for whoever he's playing."
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... rams/56854

And then there were 5. Cmonnnn Loyola make one last push to get this kid! Here is the excerpt from the article

"Loyola: “The thing that initially really jumped out to me about Loyola was their plan for me and their focus on winning and player development. I’ve really loved how great their staff has been — Coach Toomey, Van and Dwan have all been very professional and fun to talk to…. An aspect that I’ve loved is them just kind of pitching “The Pat Spencer Experience” and explaining his time and role at Loyola, explaining how teams would try and cover him or face guard him, but even when they did he’d still have seven or eight points a game…. On my visit, I loved that it was a small campus and school overall, but it didn’t feel as small as I thought it would. I really liked how Ridley [Athletic Complex] was completely separate from the campus, and I know their students get really pumped to attend their games so that’s awesome too."
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I cant wait to see this team compete in the next few years... Dont sleep on the hounds. They are built to be in the hunt the next few years. Cupboard is stocked.
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:09 am I cant wait to see this team compete in the next few years... Dont sleep on the hounds. They are built to be in the hunt the next few years. Cupboard is stocked.
US lacrosse magazine doing a way to early ranking...which is alway fun to look at...

Loyola comes in at #12

Notes Loyola didn't absorb heavy losses to graduation...talked about some early injuries last year and two bad halves vs UVA and Duke, but otherwise was trending ok in the post Pat Spencer era...

Notes Olmstead and Lindley anchor the attack and calls out Kamish and Poitras as young guys to look at moving forward as key contributors...

Also notes that Savio is a huge plus returning and a stacked defense coming back with skill, experience and depth...

Noted as a key challenger in the Patriot...which is expected if you're a Hounds fan and follower...

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”