2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Trump Troll Farm

If it’s good for Russians, it’s good for the USA.
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:20 pm Trump Troll Farm

So dirty, so corrosive, so today’s GOP. Lying is the gateway to this filth.

YA, still OK? What would Jesus say?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:36 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:20 pm Trump Troll Farm

So dirty, so corrosive, so today’s GOP. Lying is the gateway to this filth.

YA, still OK? What would Jesus say?

Democrats who openly support rioters/looters/nihilists decry free and political speech by the opposition and demand its removal.

Who’s fascist again?
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

For the primary, my county had 19 ballot drop locations.

Only someone afraid of voters voting (cough GOP cough cough) would sue to limit to just one box per county. Especially when there’s a pandemic.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:00 pm Goodness gracious: https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1 ... 74177?s=20
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:01 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:00 pm Goodness gracious: https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1 ... 74177?s=20

'Hey he played Despacito, we MUST vote for him now!!!!', said no Latino ever.

These kinds of things tend to produce completely unintended bad results, Joe. Be yourself, not some marketing 'genius''' version of yourself.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:44 pm For the primary, my county had 19 ballot drop locations.

Only someone afraid of voters voting (cough GOP cough cough) would sue to limit to just one box per county. Especially when there’s a pandemic.
These are counties that are roughy 500 square miles. One box.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

At the end of the night, the President was asked by a voter named Ashley West to cite the most difficult part of his presidency and asked what he had learned from it -- and in a way that seemed jarring given that the 200,000th American will soon die from the disease, the President reflected on his own personal sense of loss.

"I learned that life is very fragile. I knew people that were powerful people, strong people, good people, and they got knocked out by this, and died. Six people. It was five until about two weeks ago. Now, it's six," Trump said.
It’s all about Trump. What does powerful, strong people even mean in this context? A complete douche bag.

Trump - Pence 2020
MAGA by having suckers and losers VFTA
“I wish you would!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

‘Just A Firehose Of Lying’: Trump’s Town Hall Widely Roasted As A Train Wreck
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/just ... rain-wreck
President Donald Trump ventured from the safe space of Fox News to a considerably more challenging town hall hosted by ABC News in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on Tuesday night.

The switch appears to have been ill-advised.

Besides somehow blaming his Democratic rival Joe Biden for not enacting a national mask mandate, Trump spent the town hall claiming that a “herd mentality” would stop COVID-19 (he was presumably referring to the herd immunity method, which health experts have largely rejected as a solution to the pandemic), falsely denying that he wasn’t trying to kill preexisting conditions protections in the Affordable Care Act, and bragging about endorsements from the police when asked about systemic racism in the criminal justice system.

In one particularly eye-popping moment, Trump insisted he “didn’t downplay” the pandemic despite directly admitting to doing exactly that in private conversations with reporter Bob Woodward back in March.

“In many ways I up-played it in terms of action,” Trump told town hall moderator George Stephanopolous on Tuesday.

Throughout it all, both Stephanopoulos and the town hall participants pushed back against Trump’s laundry list of falsehoods, leading to an uncomfortable evening that laid bare the President’s vulnerability in the face of tough questioning-and many viewers could see it.

After the event, CNN reporter Daniel Dale told anchor Don Lemon that he had “hours of fact-checking to do” that night.

“This was just a firehose of lying, again, from the President,” Dale said.

Washington Post reporter Philip Rucker warned that the spectacle ought to be a major red flag for the GOP ahead of Trump’s first debate with Biden.

“To be perfectly frank, that performance tonight by the President at the ABC town hall should send shudders and shockwaves through the Republican Party,” Rucker said during an appearance on MSNBC. “The first debate is 14 days away, two Tuesdays from now, and this is a president who’s clearly not ready for that debate.”
There is more...

Trump is the one with the serious problems - he cannot deal with being outside the Fox/OANN bubble...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:57 am
President Donald Trump ventured from the safe space of Fox News to a considerably more challenging town hall hosted by ABC News in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on Tuesday night.

Besides somehow blaming his Democratic rival Joe Biden for not enacting a national mask mandate, Trump spent the town hall claiming that a “herd mentality” would stop COVID-19 (he was presumably referring to the herd immunity method, which health experts have largely rejected as a solution to the pandemic), falsely denying that he wasn’t trying to kill preexisting conditions protections in the Affordable Care Act, and bragging about endorsements from the police when asked about systemic racism in the criminal justice system.

In one particularly eye-popping moment, Trump insisted he “didn’t downplay” the pandemic despite directly admitting to doing exactly that in private conversations with reporter Bob Woodward back in March.

“In many ways I up-played it in terms of action,” Trump told town hall moderator George Stephanopolous on Tuesday.

Throughout it all, both Stephanopoulos and the town hall participants pushed back against Trump’s laundry list of falsehoods, leading to an uncomfortable evening that laid bare the President’s vulnerability in the face of tough questioning-and many viewers could see it.

After the event, CNN reporter Daniel Dale told anchor Don Lemon that he had “hours of fact-checking to do” that night.

Washington Post reporter Philip Rucker warned that the spectacle ought to be a major red flag for the GOP ahead of Trump’s first debate with Biden.

“To be perfectly frank, that performance tonight by the President at the ABC town hall should send shudders and shockwaves through the Republican Party,” Rucker said during an appearance on MSNBC. “The first debate is 14 days away, two Tuesdays from now, and this is a president who’s clearly not ready for that debate.”
There is more...

Trump is the one with the serious problems - he cannot deal with being outside the Fox/OANN bubble...
His supporters need that 'safe space' too...venture outside and all they can do is whine about how unfair life is...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Dems want 16 year olds to vote (that will drop to 14, then 12):

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4341 ... -age-to-16

Dems okay with underage sex as well (that will drop to 12 after this law passes, this law is okay with 14):

https://abc7.com/governor-gavin-newsom- ... 5/6420294/
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

If anyone wants a gut laugh, play this video Sound all the way up:

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 10784?s=21

:lol: :lol:

This guy does have a sense of humor.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:00 am
RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:57 am

There is more...

His supporters need that 'safe space' too...venture outside and all they can do is whine about how unfair life is...
His opponents have spent the last 4 years whining about how unfair life is under trump. Does there ever come a time when all you people just stop whining already? I am talking about all sides, democrat and republican. If Biden wins the republicans will spend the next 4 years whining about how unfair democrat policies are and blaah, blaah, blaah and yada yada yada. This country can change the record but the song remains the same. I suppose it would be a bizarre concept if both parties were to try some new radical strategy like working together for compromises to solve problems. Both parties want to "fix" immigration. They could "fix" it in one day if they wanted to. Why solve an issue that is such low hanging and juicy fruit for any party to use as a problem that they will "fix" If you are a democrat or republican it is much more convenient to live with the problem than to work for a solution... DEPLORABLE it is.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
ggait

Post by ggait »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:08 pm If anyone wants a gut laugh, play this video Sound all the way up:

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta ... 10784?s=21

:lol: :lol:

This guy does have a sense of humor.
Petey -- Agree. So totally cool for the president to be tweeting around a fake video of Biden smiling at rap lyrics that say Fork the Police and use the N word. All in good fun, right? I'm sure none of his followers will actually believe what they see/hear on the fake video. Wouldn't it be awesome if all our presidents did stuff like this?

Let's have some more fun -- I hope you and your Democrat wife both get Covid and die soon. That's cool, right? Just a joke. I didn't mean it -- you're just too uptight if you think I'm serious. As long as I'm just doing it to own you, all cool. Right?
Last edited by ggait on Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Heard the Colorado Secretary of State on the radio today. She says that her office asked the USPS to withdraw the mailer about voting in advance of anticipated delivery, explained that, for Colorado voters, the information was not merely misleading, but wrong and threatened the franchise, and the USPS said "nope; we are still sending it." A TRO against the USPS has predictably issued.
ggait

Post by ggait »

A lot of the false (for Colorado election laws) post cards have already been delivered. Don't think one has shown up here yet.

Colorado is the one state that needs zero help from the Trump vote suppressors to hold a fair and efficient election.

For example, I got an email yesterday from my county telling me that we will be able to use an online ballot tracker that will let me monitor when my ballot has been printed/mailed/received/accepted. Just like a fedex package tracker.

So convenient. So efficient. So cost effective -- 40% less than holding in person elections.

But I still have to work out the details of how I'm going to (per bill barr) vote 10 times. Gotta get going on that.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

ggait wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:29 pm A lot of the false (for Colorado election laws) post cards have already been delivered. Don't think one has shown up here yet.

Colorado is the one state that needs zero help from the Trump vote suppressors to hold a fair and efficient election.

For example, I got an email yesterday from my county telling me that we will be able to use an online ballot tracker that will let me monitor when my ballot has been printed/mailed/received/accepted. Just like a fedex package tracker.

So convenient. So efficient. So cost effective -- 40% less than holding in person elections.

But I still have to work out the details of how I'm going to (per bill barr) vote 10 times. Gotta get going on that.
Secretary Griswold (right?) politely suggested the same thing: Colorado is all set without the "help" of the TrumpGoesPostalService. She said that country really needs to adopt a unitary way of doing this. I know, those crazy Federalism freaks won't like that....

Return to “POLITICS”