All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

dislaxxic

Re: All things tRUMP CoronaVirus

Post by dislaxxic »

Mel looks like she's got a wandering right hand in that shot... :lol:
holmes435 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:30 am
No one is safe from Trudeau's charm...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
wgdsr

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:48 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:37 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:23 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:17 pm https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/15/bill-ga ... idappshare
there seems to be quite a bit of difference of opinion on timing and availability, which would seem normal in a situation like this.

noted vaccine expert bill gates chimes in with his 2 cents on "delays" from a moved up timeline... he does give the out that pfizer may get pushed to the front if everything goes perfectly, including speaking to eua prior to approval.

pfizer ceo interview talks about:
- on track for a data readout a week before/week after late october
- also says 30,000 vaccinated now is complete, going well enough and confident for safety that an additional 14,000 will be added in a lot of high risk groups
-100 mill avail by year end globally, 1.3 bill in 2021

of course a setback like astrazeneca's is always possible.
Am I correct that Pfizer is expanding the trial to include 35-60 year olds (I thought that was what CEO said on CNBC and I was surprised they didn't already have that group, much less over 60 year olds), plus some teenagers, some with Hepatitis etc?

Can they ethically administer a vaccine to an age group not yet tested, eg those highest at risk of bad outcomes from Covid?

But perhaps I didn't hear correctly.

Of course, if I did, that's why the process takes longer than this initial sprint...if Phase III indicates it works, at least somewhat, and doesn't appear to have any immediate adverse effects, then you start testing with populations more at risk of poor reactions...and that takes another cycle...
https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-relea ... l-covid-19
by official release and the ceo's comments, adding pop down 2 years to 16 yr olds, also hiv patients, hepatitis, and to increase diversity. maybe more?
previously, it was 18-85, in good health, didn't previously have covid.
https://www.pfizer.com/science/find-a-t ... 04368728-0
good, I just listened to the clip and I see how I misheard him in real time, with his accent ...he says they're expanding "up to 16 year olds" I heard 60 and the "up" should have been "down". He said something similar later on with Joe Kernan's interview.

In the first interview, he says they'll be able to only produce 1.3 billion doses next year globally...7.6 billion people. Will need to have other vaccines other than theirs get approved in order to have enough for a majority of the world to have been vaccinated by the end of 2021 (with a 50% efficacy as minimum target).

An interesting part of the Kernan interview was that he says they didn't take any US money because they didn't want any strings attached, no bureaucracy. Governments always want something in return, can go faster without the oversight...I don't think he meant that this means they'll simply sell to highest bidder, but it certainly is interesting.
i don't know what all the strings were or what he said in interview... deal could be just when done for safety and efficacy, they make doses available... but pfizer and biontech struck a 2 billion dollar deal with operation warp speed honchos for 100 million doses back in july.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:16 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:48 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:37 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:23 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:17 pm https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/15/bill-ga ... idappshare
there seems to be quite a bit of difference of opinion on timing and availability, which would seem normal in a situation like this.

noted vaccine expert bill gates chimes in with his 2 cents on "delays" from a moved up timeline... he does give the out that pfizer may get pushed to the front if everything goes perfectly, including speaking to eua prior to approval.

pfizer ceo interview talks about:
- on track for a data readout a week before/week after late october
- also says 30,000 vaccinated now is complete, going well enough and confident for safety that an additional 14,000 will be added in a lot of high risk groups
-100 mill avail by year end globally, 1.3 bill in 2021

of course a setback like astrazeneca's is always possible.
Am I correct that Pfizer is expanding the trial to include 35-60 year olds (I thought that was what CEO said on CNBC and I was surprised they didn't already have that group, much less over 60 year olds), plus some teenagers, some with Hepatitis etc?

Can they ethically administer a vaccine to an age group not yet tested, eg those highest at risk of bad outcomes from Covid?

But perhaps I didn't hear correctly.

Of course, if I did, that's why the process takes longer than this initial sprint...if Phase III indicates it works, at least somewhat, and doesn't appear to have any immediate adverse effects, then you start testing with populations more at risk of poor reactions...and that takes another cycle...
https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-relea ... l-covid-19
by official release and the ceo's comments, adding pop down 2 years to 16 yr olds, also hiv patients, hepatitis, and to increase diversity. maybe more?
previously, it was 18-85, in good health, didn't previously have covid.
https://www.pfizer.com/science/find-a-t ... 04368728-0
good, I just listened to the clip and I see how I misheard him in real time, with his accent ...he says they're expanding "up to 16 year olds" I heard 60 and the "up" should have been "down". He said something similar later on with Joe Kernan's interview.

In the first interview, he says they'll be able to only produce 1.3 billion doses next year globally...7.6 billion people. Will need to have other vaccines other than theirs get approved in order to have enough for a majority of the world to have been vaccinated by the end of 2021 (with a 50% efficacy as minimum target).

An interesting part of the Kernan interview was that he says they didn't take any US money because they didn't want any strings attached, no bureaucracy. Governments always want something in return, can go faster without the oversight...I don't think he meant that this means they'll simply sell to highest bidder, but it certainly is interesting.
i don't know what all the strings were or what he said in interview... deal could be just when done for safety and efficacy, they make doses available... but pfizer and biontech struck a 2 billion dollar deal with operation warp speed honchos for 100 million doses back in july.
yes, the 'body language' of the CEO seemed to be that they'd be following through on that sale, though what was less clear was whether that would be the first 100 million doses available or spread out over the year. They didn't take the money upfront...
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:51 pm
holmes435 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:28 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:44 pm No one can keep their hands off that sexy Justin!
Nope, and he was wrong for doing it, has apologized for it and admitted it was wrong. Most of my buddies up north aren't a huge fan of his, but think he's a lot better than the people who have ran against him and would rather have him any day of the week over any of our recent candidates.

Nice to see someone recognize their faults and try to make things better. We all screw up. It's what we do afterwards to make it right, or god forbid double down and keep doing it, that speaks to our character.
Agreed! 100% earning from one's mistakes is an admirable trait. I don't see admitting a mistake is weakness. Quite the opposite. If' you've done it you know how hard it is. Trump's stubborness on that part is my least favorite part of him.
I would also put admitting you are wrong in that category.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

We ran through the tape.....surpassed 200,000 today.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Should we be listening to Melinda Gates about anything?

What’s her background besides being Bills wife? Doctor? Epidemiologist?

Let me know.

Until then I’ll ignore her.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:45 pm We ran through the tape.....surpassed 200,000 today.
Back in March, I didn’t think even Trump could screw things up so badly.

I underestimated Trump’s evil, stupidity, and callousness.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:49 pm Should we be listening to Melinda Gates about anything?

Let me know.

Of course I write this and immediately Bill Gates Sr dies.

RIP
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:49 pm Should we be listening to Melinda Gates about anything?

Let me know.

Sometimes we forget that you prefer "some guy on the internet" as your news source, Pete. ;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:43 pm

Let me know.

Sometimes we forget that you prefer "some guy on the internet" as your news source, Pete. ;)
Q
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:08 pm

Let me know.

Of course I write this and immediately Bill Gates Sr dies.

RIP
This post gives me some hope for you PB.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:20 am

Justin Trudeau is the world's biggest pu@@y, and in no universe should any leader emulate that wet noodle. I still can't believe he's hetero...is that a false front marriage?

Trudeau is saving Canadian lives while your pu@@y grabbing hero is killing Americans. By the time this plague is over the self proclaimed Chosen One likely kill more Americans than did his hero Hitler.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:08 am

Justin Trudeau is the world's biggest pu@@y, and in no universe should any leader emulate that wet noodle. I still can't believe he's hetero...is that a false front marriage?

Trudeau is saving Canadian lives while your pu@@y grabbing hero is killing Americans. By the time this plague is over the self proclaimed Chosen One likely kill more Americans than did his hero Hitler.
Yup. Pete's the troll here.

:lol:

Thanks for another well-reasoned and thought-out post, Brookie.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:11 am

Definitely too much hyperbole on that post. 407,000 Americans died in WWII, certainly can't claim that all the American deaths from Covid (~200k so far) are attributable to Trump's incompetence and lying, though there's a valid argument that a large portion, likely a majority now, of them would have been avoided by a competent President who dealt straight up with the public and marshaled the resources of the USA fully to 'crush the curve'.

Could that incremental eventually exceed the number who died in WWII? Sure hope not.

Has Trudeau done a better job for his country? Not a close call.

Is Trump a 'grabber'?...by his own admission.

Does Trump think he's "The Chosen One"...well, he doesn't repudiate that when his supporters say it, he hires them...and he says near as much directly himself, just not exactly that phrase used by others.

Is Hitler his "hero"...tougher claim, but I get the reference. Goes too far, IMO.

And yes, Petey is a troll.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Americans killed by Axis in Europe WWII: 214,362 according to https://ehistory.osu.edu/exhibitions/cw ... statistics

Today, in only a handful of months, right wing hero tRUMP is on the verge of accomplishing the same:

Just imagine what those numbers will look like if he "wins" again in November.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Just on the record here, I like Brookie! I take zero offense. Dude is solid, if misguided. :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:16 am

Americans killed by Axis in Europe WWII: 214,362 according to https://ehistory.osu.edu/exhibitions/cw ... statistics

Today, in only a handful of months, right wing hero tRUMP is on the verge of accomplishing the same:

Just imagine what those numbers will look like if he "wins" again in November.
ok, just in Europe. Excluding Pacific.

Not sure we can blame all American deaths from Covid on Trump's mismanagement, but I do agree that we're well past the point where it's now fair to say that a majority of the deaths so far were preventable had he been minimally competent and forthright. Better still if he'd been a terrific leader and marshaled our collective spirits and energies together to crush the curve.

Return to “POLITICS”