Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
6ftstick

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by 6ftstick »

Is this racist
littleboy.jpg
littleboy.jpg (40.13 KiB) Viewed 437 times
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

it may well have been posted by someone racist, but it appears more dumb and offensive than anything else...poor humor at best.

But it may well have been intended as racially offensive as well. Can't tell. Definitely offensive to both those who are suffering in the wildfires and those who had ancestors impacted by Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

did your Q twitter send you that one?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:27 am Is this racist

littleboy.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:32 am did your Q twitter send you that one?
Interesting how you pivot from Q, Trump, Fox, Mitch, Flynn, Pence, Barr, fill in the blank...will hug nuts and defend anything said by a presumed D around here, and will damned near refuse to say anything positive, unless it assimilates with the D/Progressive party.

Maybe you should come out of the closet and just admit you have become a D with a leaning towards progressive, b/c you clearly identify and defend 98% of what is going in that party today.

You are dug in like an Alabama tick with some fashion of republicanism that you can not seem to find, anywhere, in society.

In all seriousness, what do you want to see happen in the US?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:01 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:32 am did your Q twitter send you that one?
Interesting how you pivot from Q, Trump, Fox, Mitch, Flynn, Pence, Barr, fill in the blank...will hug nuts and defend anything said by a presumed D around here, and will damned near refuse to say anything positive, unless it assimilates with the D/Progressive party.

Maybe you should come out of the closet and just admit you have become a D with a leaning towards progressive, b/c you clearly identify and defend 98% of what is going in that party today.

You are dug in like an Alabama tick with some fashion of republicanism that you can not seem to find, anywhere, in society.

I liked Predator also.
a fan

Post by a fan »

No, posters here are intentionally conflating lefties in the streets----the dumb Portland kids I mentioned-----with Democrats.

You'd have the exact same reaction if I kept telling you that you support police murdering black citizens.

Then you add in that Trumpism has NOTHING to do with actual American Conservatism? Expect MDlax's reaction from ANYONE who puts actual ideals in front of stupid little letters.

How much bigger is Big Government under Trump, YA? How's that debt that the fake Tea Party was so worried about when a little D was at the helm?

Where's the Tea Party? They forget where their Tea is?

Conservative America is lost at sea. There's simply no denying it. Pete Brown is it's leader: he's THRILLED if he thinks the libs are upset. He thinks that that's the same thing as governing to conservative principles.

If you're a conservative, and you're in power? What the F do you care what liberals think, unless you're in Congress, and need to work with the 20 or so actual libs in Congress? Why even bring them up?

Because it's about clicks and page views, that's why. Whatever gets you to consume more media, and more advertising? That's what you're going to be shown on FoxNation......
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

+1

I was trying to get a reply out saying ‘a fan soon to appear here to defend MD by saying, no, Republicans are bad, MD is old school Republican, sad no one else is’, and there the post came!

:lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:14 pm I was trying to get a reply out saying ‘a fan soon to appear here to defend MD by saying, no, Republicans are bad, MD is old school Republican, sad no one else is’, and there the post came!
And out trots the fascist liberal, who thinks what Trump tells him to think. If Trump thinks it's great to make the government Trillions of dollars larger?

Out comes Pete to tell us that this is what American conservatism is now. :lol:

Go back to your socialized, government owned University, Pete. Ask a professor if making government bigger than ever, and handing out money for doing nothing is what American Conservatism is all about, Pete. As them if having borrowed government money propping up the free markets is what American Conservatism is all about.

See what they say, Pete. Then come back and tell us that no matter what Trump does, it's conservative.

;)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:21 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:14 pm I was trying to get a reply out saying ‘a fan soon to appear here to defend MD by saying, no, Republicans are bad, MD is old school Republican, sad no one else is’, and there the post came!
And out trots the fascist liberal, who thinks what Trump tells him to think. If Trump thinks it's great to make the government Trillions of dollars larger?

Out comes Pete to tell us that this is what American conservatism is now. :lol:

Go back to your socialized, government owned University, Pete. Ask a professor if making government bigger than ever, and handing out money for doing nothing is what American Conservatism is all about, Pete. As them if having borrowed government money propping up the free markets is what American Conservatism is all about.

See what they say, Pete. Then come back and tell us that no matter what Trump does, it's conservative.

;)

A 'fascist liberal'....now that is not something I have been called! I guess the fascism charge is because I am not sympathetic to those who try to kill police? Sue me, I'm not. Every time one of those nihilists goes down, I get a tingle in my leg.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:10 pm

No, posters here are intentionally conflating lefties in the streets----the dumb Portland kids I mentioned-----with Democrats.
Not all of us conflate the democrats with the lefties in the streets.

However, the Democrat's quiet consent and hushed condemnation is what dogs them on this topic. The whole DNC occurred without a condemnation of the riots in the streets. As you've pointed out to posters here multiple times- their silence on these tough subjects is really consent.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:02 pm

However, the Democrat's quiet consent and hushed condemnation is what dogs them on this topic. The whole DNC occurred without a condemnation of the riots in the streets. As you've pointed out to posters here multiple times- their silence on these tough subjects is really consent.

kram on a roll today with good posts.

Also, this is how judges should treat Democratic rioters:

https://nypost.com/2020/09/15/lancaster ... ged-riots/

Lancaster protesters held on whopping $1 million bail each after riots
a fan

Post by a fan »

Others posters have pointed out multiple times where Dems condemned the violence, Kram. Biden, too. You're playing political games here with the "they're not doing it enough". And you understand how your social media works, right? You're not going to hear quotes from Dems condemning the violence. All you're going to hear is FoxNation TELLING YOU that they're not condemning the violence. And because these Dem condemnations don't hit your feed? You conclude that they are the problem. The problem is your feed, and your media consumption, not the Dems.

I haven't heard Trump condemn the violence in weeks, for example. Does that mean he's condoning the violence , too? :roll:

Come on. This is election year nonsense, and is the heart of the 2020 TrumpCampaign-----he thinks that Americans are so freaking stupid that they'll vote for him BECAUSE 2020 is a Dumpster Fire. And that they won't notice that this is all happening on his watch.

And of course? I think he's right.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:21 pm

Others posters have pointed out multiple times where Dems condemned the violence, Kram. Biden, too. You're playing political games here with the "they're not doing it enough". And you understand how your social media works, right? You're not going to hear quotes from Dems condemning the violence. All you're going to hear is FoxNation TELLING YOU that they're not condemning the violence. And because these Dem condemnations don't hit your feed? You conclude that they are the problem. The problem is your feed, and your media consumption, not the Dems.

I haven't heard Trump condemn the violence in weeks, for example. Does that mean he's condoning the violence , too? :roll:

Come on. This is election year nonsense, and is the heart of the 2020 TrumpCampaign-----he thinks that Americans are so freaking stupid that they'll vote for him BECAUSE 2020 is a Dumpster Fire. And that they won't notice that this is all happening on his watch.

Democratic city manager says ‘chickens have come home to roost’ on two cops being executed.

Democratic senator Markey says ‘defund the police we have a systemic police abuse problem’.

Democratic town council in Seattle constantly berate cops there.

Democratic mayor of Portland says no tear gas.

BLM is financed entirely by Democrats.

a fan says the problem is Kramerica only listens to Fox. :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

2020 is what you should expect to see if Biden wins!

Brought to you by Trump - Pence 2020.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

No, I'm simply anti-Trump cult.

I'm pro-science too.

So, right now that aligns me with a whole lot of similar folks who have been life-long Republicans, who have considered ourselves fiscally responsible/conservative, internationally engaged and forward leaning, and socially progressive though not bleeding edge. That puts us pretty aligned with many of the moderate Dems too. Not identical, but aligned enough to have thoughtful, civil discourse and problem solving.

I was never "Red Team" vs "Blue Team" as a Republican, don't like extremes of either party's fringes.

But right now, Trumpism is anti-science, anti-democratic (small d), and in thrall to a singular leader, not any governing philosophy recognizable as Republicanism. Trumpism embraces QAnon (yikes) and white supremacist ideology rather than rejects it, directly in opposition with traditional Republicanism. I could go on and on...but that's Trumpism.

I'm perfectly happy to critique Dems when deserved, but in the current environment job #1 is the defeat of Trumpism. I'm sure the Dems will provide ample reason to critique thereafter.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

You'd have the exact same reaction if I kept telling you that you support police murdering black citizens.

Then you add in that Trumpism has NOTHING to do with actual American Conservatism? Expect MDlax's reaction from ANYONE who puts actual ideals in front of stupid little letters.

How much bigger is Big Government under Trump, YA? How's that debt that the fake Tea Party was so worried about when a little D was at the helm?

Conservative America is lost at sea. There's simply no denying it. Pete Brown is it's leader: he's THRILLED if he thinks the libs are upset. He thinks that that's the same thing as governing to conservative principles.

If you're a conservative, and you're in power? What the F do you care what liberals think, unless you're in Congress, and need to work with the 20 or so actual libs in Congress? Why even bring them up?

Because it's about clicks and page views, that's why. Whatever gets you to consume more media, and more advertising? That's what you're going to be shown on FoxNation......
Agreed on the web clicks. Sadly the advertising on web content requires very little work, is lucrative with a huge ROI when social media pushes for a drive for clicks.

I will push back on your continual logical fallacy argument of "big" government, debt....(hint) we've already beat that horse to death, debt only matters during the elections cycle...by both sides.

Conservative America is not lost at sea...it is being attacked by pronoun puppets, and the left/progressive/media driven movement is feeding them ammunition. Stop feeding them and we can get back to splitting hairs about debt, spending, and how MD is a RINO. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Did Biden or the Democrats say anything about the violence in the streets during the DNC?
I saw Biden's condemnation a couple days afterwards. But that was after many were shocked they were so hush about it during the convention.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:46 pm

Did Biden or the Democrats say anything about the violence in the streets during the DNC?
I saw Biden's condemnation a couple days afterwards. But that was after many were shocked they were so hush about it during the convention.

Trump was right. Cops choke....sometimes they choke the life right out of you.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:41 pm Conservative America is not lost at sea...it is being attacked by pronoun puppets, and the left/progressive/media driven movement is feeding them ammunition. Stop feeding them and we can get back to splitting hairs about debt, spending, and how MD is a RINO. ;)
Alright. I'll bite.

For 50 years, Federal Republicans have been selling us on these core values:

-free market over market controls
-smallest, most limited Federal government possible
-fiscal responsibility
-private business over government ownership (socialism)

Now you and I know they have governed to only one of these values, generally speaking. Free market over market controls...and this only applies to international trade. And, of course, the Dems have taken this path, too...so it's not exactly a defining trait of the R party.

So you tell me....give me your bullet points as to what they're about. Because from where I sit? All they have are cultural values...which have almost nothing to do with managing our country. So when some here said they were voting for Trump because he was "sick of PC culture"? :lol: How the F is Trump going to put a stop to that?

You have the floor. What are the National R's about?
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:46 pm Did Biden or the Democrats say anything about the violence in the streets during the DNC?
So setting aside Biden's condemnation of the violence, he didn't condemn the violence. That's your position here?

Come on. Pick another complaint that has some semblance of sense. There's plenty to choose from... ;)

Return to “POLITICS”