All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

6ftstick

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:26 am
6ftstick wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:21 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:14 am :lol: :roll: :lol:

AND the knuckleheads who chose to ignore the scientists out of some twisted notion of fealty to the President.
Did you hear Dr Faucci.

He saw NO DIFFERENCE between what they (the experts) were telling Trump and what Trump was telling the American people.

Read that again S L O W L Y !
Read your words...??? or listen to Tony Fauci?

Fauci (not Q) has repeatedly differentiated what the experts advised and what Trump said and did instead. Again and again and again...just did so again this week.

He's been walking a tightrope with Trump, but this isn't a remotely close call.
https://www.thesun.ie/news/5884287/fauc ... ing-covid/

Fauci added that his and other White House Coronavirus Task Force members’ discussions with Trump were “about the reality of what was going on.”

"And then when we would get up in front of the press conferences, which were very, very common after our discussions with the president, he really didn't say anything different than we discussed when we were with him," he said.

“I didn't see any discrepancies between what he told us and what we told him, and what he came out publicly and said.”
Last edited by 6ftstick on Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
holmes435

Re: All things tRUMP CoronaVirus

Post by holmes435 »

njbill wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:59 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:20 am That said, Justin Trudeau is the world's biggest pu@@y, and in no universe should any leader emulate that wet noodle. I still can't believe he's hetero...is that a false front marriage?
Ask Melania. She sure seems to be smitten with him.
No one is safe from Trudeau's charm...

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

It's called the power of the Pu$$_...they know exactly what that look means...and when your wife looks at you like that, you too become flummoxed as to whether is it go time or you being set up for another chose. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:29 am

AND the knuckleheads who chose to ignore the scientists out of some twisted notion of fealty to the President.
Did you hear Dr Faucci.

He saw NO DIFFERENCE between what they (the experts) were telling Trump and what Trump was telling the American people.

Fauci (not Q) has repeatedly differentiated what the experts advised and what Trump said and did instead. Again and again and again...just did so again this week.

Fauci added that his and other White House Coronavirus Task Force members’ discussions with Trump were “about the reality of what was going on.”

"And then when we would get up in front of the press conferences, which were very, very common after our discussions with the president, he really didn't say anything different than we discussed when we were with him," he said.

“I didn't see any discrepancies between what he told us and what we told him, and what he came out publicly and said.”
:lol: yup, he's walking a heck of a tightrope there, pretty convoluted statement excerpted as if that's all he said, even in that one interview, much less the time after time after time, Trump has said something and Fauci then corrects him in public. This week he directly contradicted Trump's promises of a vaccine in October being approved, much less available for wide distribution. He's optimistic about at least one of the early candidates being useful, possibly known before the end of the year, but he did the actual timeline necessary and that takes it into at least November for the Phase III to be complete, then the data evaluated.

But hey, you wanna think Trump followed the experts' advice, and encouraged us all to do so consistently, you go ahead. :roll:
Should you wear a mask when in a crowd inside? Should there be crowds inside at all?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:30 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:20 am That said, Justin Trudeau is the world's biggest pu@@y, and in no universe should any leader emulate that wet noodle. I still can't believe he's hetero...is that a false front marriage?

The last photo is the best!!!!
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:29 am

Did you hear Dr Faucci.

“I wish you would!”
Bart

Post by Bart »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:36 am
Bart wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:18 am
Matnum PI wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:01 pm Scientists at the University of Pittsburgh discovered a biomolecule that may neutralize the coronavirus.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/09 ... ronavirus/
Interesting stuff. I have yet to access the actual paper in Cell, looking forward to that. In the mean time here is a quick explanation from the AAAs on it. https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases ... 091120.php

It should be noted that this was tested in Mice........sometimes things work great in mouse models and not so great in human's. Not that it is going to happen here but it does happen. I am hopeful this provides some type of relief. It certainly looks promising from their release..... ;)

Edit: Interesting side note........this article was received way back in May and just revised to be accepted. They must have pushed further since May, it will be real interesting to see what comes of this.
hopefully they have since may. 4 months is a long time in 2020.
Certainly is a long time in 2020, unfortunately a very short time in Nerd lab time.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/15/bill-ga ... idappshare
there seems to be quite a bit of difference of opinion on timing and availability, which would seem normal in a situation like this.

noted vaccine expert bill gates chimes in with his 2 cents on "delays" from a moved up timeline... he does give the out that pfizer may get pushed to the front if everything goes perfectly, including speaking to eua prior to approval.

pfizer ceo interview talks about:
- on track for a data readout a week before/week after late october
- also says 30,000 vaccinated now is complete, going well enough and confident for safety that an additional 14,000 will be added in a lot of high risk groups
-100 mill avail by year end globally, 1.3 bill in 2021

of course a setback like astrazeneca's is always possible.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Bart wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:11 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:01 pm Scientists at the University of Pittsburgh discovered a biomolecule that may neutralize the coronavirus.

Interesting stuff. I have yet to access the actual paper in Cell, looking forward to that. In the mean time here is a quick explanation from the AAAs on it. https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases ... 091120.php

It should be noted that this was tested in Mice........sometimes things work great in mouse models and not so great in human's. Not that it is going to happen here but it does happen. I am hopeful this provides some type of relief. It certainly looks promising from their release..... ;)

Edit: Interesting side note........this article was received way back in May and just revised to be accepted. They must have pushed further since May, it will be real interesting to see what comes of this.
Certainly is a long time in 2020, unfortunately a very short time in Nerd lab time.
true. nothing in clinicaltrials.gov with ab8 or pittsburgh.
Bart

Post by Bart »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:18 pm

That does not surprise me. This is just the first round of all this. No primate studies yet.

Unfortunately, many diseases are cured in mice to never pan out in Humans. I hope this is different, certainly looks promising.

The science getting to Ab8 is absolutely truly awesome.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Bart wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:22 pm

That does not surprise me. This is just the first round of all this. No primate studies yet.

Unfortunately, many diseases are cured in mice to never pan out in Humans. I hope this is different, certainly looks promising.

my fav was the fishing with covid part.
Bart

Post by Bart »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:33 pm
Bart wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:22 pm

my fav was the fishing with covid part.
That fishing won the Nobel prize in 2018. If interested, here is the Nobel lecture of one of the winners: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/ful ... 8-fig-0006
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

No one can keep their hands off that sexy Justin!

:lol:

Alright alright alright!

CU88

Post by CU88 »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:30 am

LOL!

I loved that last one!
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:44 pm No one can keep their hands off that sexy Justin!

:lol:

Alright alright alright!

The guy on the left resembles my buddy Gurpreet!! He was run out of Nebraska because people thought he was Muslim after the twin tower bombing.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:17 pm https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/15/bill-ga ... idappshare
there seems to be quite a bit of difference of opinion on timing and availability, which would seem normal in a situation like this.

noted vaccine expert bill gates chimes in with his 2 cents on "delays" from a moved up timeline... he does give the out that pfizer may get pushed to the front if everything goes perfectly, including speaking to eua prior to approval.

- also says 30,000 vaccinated now is complete, going well enough and confident for safety that an additional 14,000 will be added in a lot of high risk groups

Am I correct that Pfizer is expanding the trial to include 35-60 year olds (I thought that was what CEO said on CNBC and I was surprised they didn't already have that group, much less over 60 year olds), plus some teenagers, some with Hepatitis etc?

Can they ethically administer a vaccine to an age group not yet tested, eg those highest at risk of bad outcomes from Covid?

But perhaps I didn't hear correctly.

Of course, if I did, that's why the process takes longer than this initial sprint...if Phase III indicates it works, at least somewhat, and doesn't appear to have any immediate adverse effects, then you start testing with populations more at risk of poor reactions...and that takes another cycle...
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:44 pm No one can keep their hands off that sexy Justin!
Nope, and he was wrong for doing it, has apologized for it and admitted it was wrong. Most of my buddies up north aren't a huge fan of his, but think he's a lot better than the people who have ran against him and would rather have him any day of the week over any of our recent candidates.

Nice to see someone recognize their faults and try to make things better. We all screw up. It's what we do afterwards to make it right, or god forbid double down and keep doing it, that speaks to our character.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:23 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:17 pm https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/15/bill-ga ... idappshare

Am I correct that Pfizer is expanding the trial to include 35-60 year olds (I thought that was what CEO said on CNBC and I was surprised they didn't already have that group, much less over 60 year olds), plus some teenagers, some with Hepatitis etc?

Can they ethically administer a vaccine to an age group not yet tested, eg those highest at risk of bad outcomes from Covid?

Of course, if I did, that's why the process takes longer than this initial sprint...if Phase III indicates it works, at least somewhat, and doesn't appear to have any immediate adverse effects, then you start testing with populations more at risk of poor reactions...and that takes another cycle...
https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-relea ... l-covid-19
by official release and the ceo's comments, adding pop down 2 years to 16 yr olds, also hiv patients, hepatitis, and to increase diversity. maybe more?
previously, it was 18-85, in good health, didn't previously have covid.
https://www.pfizer.com/science/find-a-t ... 04368728-0
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:37 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:23 pm

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-relea ... l-covid-19
by official release and the ceo's comments, adding pop down 2 years to 16 yr olds, also hiv patients, hepatitis, and to increase diversity. maybe more?
previously, it was 18-85, in good health, didn't previously have covid.
https://www.pfizer.com/science/find-a-t ... 04368728-0
good, I just listened to the clip and I see how I misheard him in real time, with his accent ...he says they're expanding "up to 16 year olds" I heard 60 and the "up" should have been "down". He said something similar later on with Joe Kernan's interview.

In the first interview, he says they'll be able to only produce 1.3 billion doses next year globally...7.6 billion people. Will need to have other vaccines other than theirs get approved in order to have enough for a majority of the world to have been vaccinated by the end of 2021 (with a 50% efficacy as minimum target).

An interesting part of the Kernan interview was that he says they didn't take any US money because they didn't want any strings attached, no bureaucracy. Governments always want something in return, can go faster without the oversight...I don't think he meant that this means they'll simply sell to highest bidder, but it certainly is interesting.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:28 pm
Nope, and he was wrong for doing it, has apologized for it and admitted it was wrong. Most of my buddies up north aren't a huge fan of his, but think he's a lot better than the people who have ran against him and would rather have him any day of the week over any of our recent candidates.

Nice to see someone recognize their faults and try to make things better. We all screw up. It's what we do afterwards to make it right, or god forbid double down and keep doing it, that speaks to our character.
Agreed! 100% earning from one's mistakes is an admirable trait. I don't see admitting a mistake is weakness. Quite the opposite. If' you've done it you know how hard it is. Trump's stubborness on that part is my least favorite part of him.

Return to “POLITICS”