CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:54 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:31 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:02 am
Brooklyn wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:51 pm
njbill wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:24 pm :lol: There is a tiptop comparison if I ever saw one: Nelson Mandela and Kyle Rittenhouse.
Our pal Petey likely applauded Apartheid back in the day. ;)

When Trump wins in November, does the left bury the racism card at that stage?

I support charter schools; do you? Your answer tells normal Americans all they need to know as to ‘are you a racist?’
false connection and if anything the reverse. The hard-right wingers who say they support charter schools (and vouchers) do so based out of a racial bias that says that most black and brown families, unlike white families, don't care about education, so who cares about them, let's divert those resources to educating the few...

There's a perfectly reasonable argument in favor of charter schools and voucher programs that doesn't involve such prejudices, but that's not where the bigots are coming from.

I'd wager that most of us moderates and progressives are actually fine with charter schools (or specialized magnets) within the public system IF there's a very substantial increase in funding to the other schools rather than further degrading. The hard-right wingers resist the latter half of that equation, revealing their real agenda.

What does that even mean? For starters, most charter school financial supporters are the furthest thing from 'hard right winger' you can find; I'd categorize them as (at best) 'center' and often center-left. Secondly, your statement makes absolutely zero sense (not that that in itself is unusual); you're saying 'right-wingers' prefer charter schools because 'black families as a group don't care about education only individual black families'? What?!?!? That is super-racist right there.

Most black families prioritize their kids' educations; I have a feeling you know very few poor or middle class blacks, MD. These parents are involved in their kids' lives, and most hate their allocated public school. If you ever spend a day at a charter school, you will never take the position you have. Feel free to visit Sarasota School for the Arts and Sciences any day and you will know what I mean.

This is all silly anyway. if you don't support charter schools (at least in theory), you are a racist. Full stop. Teachers' unions are the greatest impediment to racial harmony and racial meritocracy in America. When you side with the unions over kids, that tells us all we ever need to know.

Your last paragraph is the hedge clause I hear far too often from closet racists ('we support charters IF...'). I'd be careful saying that.
such baloney, Petey.
You've already shown your segregationist colors numerous times, so you don't get to speak for non hard-right wingers.

I made clear that there's a valid argument for charters, magnets, vouchers, all sorts of ways to improve opportunity. But that's not actually the motivation of hard-right wingers including those who pretend they aren't, like you.

Your "closet racists" are those I describe, those who think there's a difference in how black and brown families feel about their kids and cover themselves by moving resources from the most challenging neighborhood schools to those for the better established family situations. We'll give 'opportunity' to a few, screw the rest.

Again, IF these same folks were committed to improving the situations dramatically at all the schools, then many of us would find common ground. But that's not the point, right, Petey, this is all about division from guys like you...all insult all the time.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:57 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:32 am
njbill wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:24 pm :lol: There is a tiptop comparison if I ever saw one: Nelson Mandela and Kyle Rittenhouse.

And American segregationist redlining today...

Again, the stupidity burns here. Do you say of the ACLU when they defend the KKK for marches that the ACLU supports racism, or simply that they defend free speech?
not sure what analogy you are trying to make here Petey...you support segregationist redlining policies, so you're like the ACLU?
Yeah, I really am too "stupid" to follow that logic.

But go ahead and illuminate.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:09 am
Again, the stupidity burns here. Do you say of the ACLU when they defend the KKK for marches that the ACLU supports racism, or simply that they defend free speech?
not sure what analogy you are trying to make here Petey...you support segregationist redlining policies, so you're like the ACLU?

You made a statement that I support redlining which is untrue and not even sure where you get that other than moronically parroting one of the dimmer bulbs on this website. Is it because I support the unfettered free market? I do! And if the free market allows buyers and sellers the right to make choices which are inherently unjust, the market will punish them (and that might even take time, but they will be punished eventually).

You could instead of saying I support redlining, say 'PB supports the free market (to an excess? perhaps, maybe, but I bet my support of the unfettered free market results in a much better racial climate than what your preferred policies have delivered)'.

(just like the ACLU doesn't support racism simply because it defends the KKK's right of free speech, because I support the free market doesn't imply anything else other than I believe the free market works best; your preferred policies don't seem to work well at all, see riots across America).
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

... Our pal Petey likely applauded Apartheid back in the day ...

No justice, no peace. Sez so right in the Bible, Isaiah 59:8.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:19 am
You made a statement that I support redlining which is untrue and not even sure where you get that other than moronically parroting one of the dimmer bulbs on this website.

Well Petey, you are one who suggested Democrats were in tears because not enough Americans were dying from covid and you have made other outrageous remarks in which you mischaracterize anyone who does not subscribe to right wing delusionalism. When challenged to back up your claims with proof, you ignore the challenge and run off into another subject. Funny that now you are all worked up when the tables are turned.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:55 am
You made a statement that I support redlining which is untrue and not even sure where you get that other than moronically parroting one of the dimmer bulbs on this website.

Well Petey, you are one who suggested Democrats were in tears because not enough Americans were dying from covid and you have made other outrageous remarks in which you mischaracterize anyone who does not subscribe to right wing delusionalism. When challenged to back up your claims with proof, you ignore the challenge and run off into another subject. Funny that now you are all worked up when the tables are turned.

Not ‘worked up’. Just prefer that the lib bozos to get their facts straight. Sometimes silence is assent so I thought I’d correct MD; I don’t respect enough the other guy who continually posts the idiocy to correct him. My daily quota of birdbrains isn’t as high as it used to be.

Like always, if you throw out the racism charge every two posts but at the same time you don’t support school choice or charters, I know you’re a phony. Teacher unions are by far the greatest impediment to colorblind meritocracy this country has. Tell me where you stand on this one issue and you’ll tell me all I need to know.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:45 am
... Our pal Petey likely applauded Apartheid back in the day ...

No justice, no peace. Sez so right in the Bible, Isaiah 59:8.

Many POC disagree with your (the bigotry of soft expectations by entitled white people who seem racist) viewpoint.

https://twitter.com/burgessowens/status ... 47586?s=21
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:02 am Not ‘worked up’. Just prefer that the lib bozos to get their facts straight. Sometimes silence is assent so I thought I’d correct MD; I don’t respect enough the other guy who continually posts the idiocy to correct him. My daily quota of birdbrains isn’t as high as it used to be.

Like always, if you throw out the racism charge every two posts but at the same time you don’t support school choice or charters, I know you’re a phony. Teacher unions are by far the greatest impediment to colorblind meritocracy this country has. Tell me where you stand on this one issue and you’ll tell me all I need to know.

Not being a parent, I allow school districts to determine solutions and alternatives for themselves. Whatever the case, the matter is not at issue here.

As for daily quota of birdbrains, funny that you use that term when you said Democrats were grieving because not enough Americans are dying from covid. This and other assertions tell us a lot more about you than it does about anyone else.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:06 am
Many POC disagree with your (the bigotry of soft expectations by entitled white people who seem racist) viewpoint.

Reminds me of JC Watts who was so beloved by Republicans until they found out he fathered children out of wedlock. Now he was no longer the idealized epitome that party wanted in a black pol or public figure.

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:52 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:06 am

Reminds me of JC Watts who was so beloved by Republicans until they found out he fathered children out of wedlock. Now he was no longer the idealized epitome that party wanted in a black pol or public figure.

I think JC rightfully chose to go earn some big dollars, rather than he was ‘excommunicated’. He has his own cable network now and serves on multiple boards of directors. Politics should not be a ‘forever’ job. JC is a great guy and everyone I know who supports the Republican Party loves him.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:59 am
I think JC rightfully chose to go earn some big dollars, rather than he was ‘excommunicated’. He has his own cable network now and serves on multiple boards of directors. Politics should not be a ‘forever’ job. JC is a great guy and everyone I know who supports the Republican Party loves him.

There's no question that the guy is gifted. I well remember his great success as a Sooner and beyond. But there is also no question that he and the GOP found each other to be quite useful. Had he been a Dem with all that success the right wingers would have ignored him or pretended that he was a beneficiary of affirmative action.

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:17 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:59 am

There's no question that the guy is gifted. I well remember his great success as a Sooner and beyond. But there is also no question that he and the GOP found each other to be quite useful. Had he been a Dem with all that success the right wingers would have ignored him or pretended that he was a beneficiary of affirmative action.

Well speaking for myself (and assuming you’re indirectly referencing how R’s treated Obama), I thought Obama was a very good President and an unbelievably awesome role model to kids and adults everywhere. I guess that makes me a unicorn.

Obviously I disagree with Obama on fundamental tax issues, and I don’t buy at all into the ‘woke’ platform, but that doesn’t mean you can’t think highly of a human nor does it lessen my admiration for how he and his administration dealt with the horrendous legacy of George W Bush.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:09 am

You made a statement that I support redlining which is untrue and not even sure where you get that other than moronically parroting one of the dimmer bulbs on this website. Is it because I support the unfettered free market? I do! And if the free market allows buyers and sellers the right to make choices which are inherently unjust, the market will punish them (and that might even take time, but they will be punished eventually).

You could instead of saying I support redlining, say 'PB supports the free market (to an excess? perhaps, maybe, but I bet my support of the unfettered free market results in a much better racial climate than what your preferred policies have delivered)'.

(just like the ACLU doesn't support racism simply because it defends the KKK's right of free speech, because I support the free market doesn't imply anything else other than I believe the free market works best; your preferred policies don't seem to work well at all, see riots across America).
nah, Petey, you railed against the notion of disaggregating poverty, opposed laws making it illegal to discriminate against those with government supported housing $ versus those not. These laws are used as cover for landlords rejecting, in particular, those who they don't like for racial reasons.

But nope, you're all-in with the scare the suburban housewives strategy of the Trump Campaign. Yee hah.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:22 pm
Well speaking for myself (and assuming you’re indirectly referencing how R’s treated Obama), I thought Obama was a very good President and an unbelievably awesome role model to kids and adults everywhere. I guess that makes me a unicorn.

Obviously I disagree with Obama on fundamental tax issues, and I don’t buy at all into the ‘woke’ platform, but that doesn’t mean you can’t think highly of a human nor does it lessen my admiration for how he and his administration dealt with the horrendous legacy of George W Bush.

Fair enough.

But it will be recalled that Obama asked Congress for authorization to end all foreign tax havens. Had it been granted by Republicans in Congress, we would have ended the national debt and recharged the economy tremendously. Republicans are to be blamed for the debt which tRUMP inherited and aggravated.

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Prayers to all our families who lost people 20 years ago.

Never Forget.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:22 pm Obviously I disagree with Obama on fundamental tax issues
We know. You're too far left for Obama's spending cuts, coupled with borrowing Trillions less than Trump has.

You're far happier with Trump's Big Government moves that has made your fake free market even more dependent on Big Government to keep the lights on down in Florida, my pinko kommie friend.... ;)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:42 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:22 pm Obviously I disagree with Obama on fundamental tax issues
We know. You're too far left for Obama's spending cuts, coupled with borrowing Trillions less than Trump has.

You're far happier with Trump's Big Government moves that has made your fake free market even more dependent on Big Government to keep the lights on down in Florida, my pinko kommie friend.... ;)

I loved Obama's proposed spending 'cuts', which were simply reductions in the growth of spending, not actual cuts.

Trump has been dealt a bad hand with Covid. Also, Trump is not my cup of conservative tea, if I have to remind you. He is far better however than the retrograde Bolsehvick lunatics of the Democratic Party who despise America and all that has made her great.

This guy seems to be a prototypical example of today's Democratic Jacobin anarchists, arrested for lighting a Portland police station on fire yet remarkably released with no bail and no incarceration, by a Democratic DA and Mayor...how does that work?!?!

B9F94E1C-9A66-4CF5-879B-03C3F7B9C1EF.jpeg
B9F94E1C-9A66-4CF5-879B-03C3F7B9C1EF.jpeg (206.89 KiB) Viewed 804 times
Which one of the Fanlax Dems most resembles him?
njbill

Post by njbill »

Is that a picture of Steve Bannon when he was in college?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:07 am I loved Obama's proposed spending 'cuts', which were simply reductions in the growth of spending, not actual cuts.
Bzzzt. Wrong. Obama cut spending for the first time since 1953. For his last two years in office.
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:07 am Trump has been dealt a bad hand with Covid.
Nope. You don't get to blame Covid. You CHEERED the Trump economy, where he passed 4 spending bills that added just shy of $4 Trillion in new spending, my man. THAT is why the economy did well---handouts, every cent of it borrowed.

And now, predictably, you team is going to pretend like that didn't happen, and act like the debt is because of Covid. Nope. You and your lefty buddies LOVE Big Government borrowed spending.
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:07 am Also, Trump is not my cup of conservative tea, if I have to remind you.
Buffalo bagels. He's to the left of Biden, and you know it. Did you see his response to the Farmers? More handouts, more price controls, more crop insurance paid for by the good people in California, Texas, NY, and IL.

You LOVE this stuff, and have no interest in free markets.
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:07 am He is far better however than the retrograde Bolsehvick lunatics of the Democratic Party who despise America and all that has made her great.
Right. Still pretending like Trumpy ain't a lefty.
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:07 am This guy seems to be a prototypical example of today's Democratic Jacobin anarchists, arrested for lighting a Portland police station on fire yet remarkably released with no bail and no incarceration, by a Democratic DA and Mayor...how does that work?!?!
Oh no! Some dumb kid that was arrested.

My five year old daughter has more political power than he does. Meanwhile, Trump has been passing bill after bill with more handouts and more socialism....and you don't care, because you think it's ok because he has a little R by his name. ;)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:39 am
Oh no! Some dumb kid that was arrested.

My five year old daughter has more political power than he does. Meanwhile, Trump has been passing bill after bill with more handouts and more socialism....and you don't care, because you think it's ok because he has a little R by his name. ;)

Back to a fan's 'kids doing kids things', like burning down police precincts and throwing molotovs at cops...you sound like Ilhan Omar about 9-11.

Maybe this 'gal' is more your cup of Democratic anarchist tea?

Kid.jpg
Kid.jpg (255.04 KiB) Viewed 788 times

Return to “POLITICS”