Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: Orange Duce

Post by njbill »

That wasn’t Trump’s voice on the tape. It was John Barron’s.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:27 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:54 pm Someone just texted me and asked if I thought the Woodward tapes would be the thing that finally does Trump in.

I said, nope, Trump could say today is Monday and his base would believe him. They would claim the calendar is fake news. A product of the deep state.

Sad.

No. You bozos are just being played every day.

Trump said on March 30, 2020, that he was purposely not trying to panic the country, instead encouraging optimism.

Woodward’s book is simply more dumb Dem hysteria. Everyone is selling their book before the election as a hedge.
194,000 dead Americans later....hey Peter you probably believes Trump when he tells you he won’t ____ in _____ ______
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:59 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:54 pm Someone just texted me and asked if I thought the Woodward tapes would be the thing that finally does Trump in.

I said, nope, Trump could say today is Monday and his base would believe him. They would claim the calendar is fake news. A product of the deep state.

Sad.

Trump said on March 30, 2020, that he was purposely not trying to panic the country, instead encouraging optimism.

Woodward’s book is simply more dumb Dem hysteria. Everyone is selling their book before the election as a hedge.
194,000 dead Americans later....hey Peter you probably believes Trump when he tells you he won’t ____ in _____ ______

Have you thought this out, how you’ll be emotionally November 4 if Trump wins in a landslide? Who do you blame then?
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:08 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:59 pm

Sad.

Have you thought this out, how you’ll be emotionally November 4 if Trump wins in a landslide? Who do you blame then?
It won’t matter to me. My life will basically be unchanged.
“I wish you would!”
CU77

Post by CU77 »

I'll just have to keep working on my drones …

seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Bending the entire edifice of government to serve Duce:

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/ ... 5/full.pdf

Republicans in this administration and in Congress are a disgrace.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

To everyone save Pete, YA, and 6ft, she's got a point:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1303807126238683136
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:04 pm Bending the entire edifice of government to serve Duce:

Now this is truly serious.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:07 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:56 pm Always love the lefts ‘there’s nothing he can do or say to chase his voters away’, when for the same people there’s nothing Trump can do or say to cause them to vote for him.

:lol: :lol:
Trump is responsible for a couple of hundred thousand deaths due to COVID-19, due to his inaction and active negligence in seeking to ignore the problem.

Kind of hard to overcome that.

And that is not the only thing to keep people from not voting for him. There is a LONG list.

As far as his own locked in supporters - they choose to either believe his many lies, or choose to ignore them. Can't fix stupid...
Every country has been affected by this virus, which is new (in case you haven't noticed). The US has about 190,000 deaths (I think), some due to the virus and some where an otherwise unwell person died with the virus. The US is larger than most countries population wise (ex India, China, Russia (I think), maybe Indonesia/Brazil), so it would be natural for the US to have more cases than other countries (if you are too stupid to understand that, I can't help you). So in actuality, the response has been decent based on comparative per capita data. And, of course, this is a Republic made up of multiples states, with a constitution that limits federal power and provides many/most powers to the states (If are too stupid to understand that, I can't help you). So back to your point, if the Cuomo, the NY media darling, and the Govs of NJ, CT, MA had done a better job with their responses (or done nothing (which may have been better)), we would have about 50,000 or so fewer deaths and would be a world leader.

I wish I could help you be smarter, informed and objective, but I can't. You have to help yourself.

Best,
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:40 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:56 pm Always love the lefts ‘there’s nothing he can do or say to chase his voters away’, when for the same people there’s nothing Trump can do or say to cause them to vote for him.

Trump is responsible for a couple of hundred thousand deaths due to COVID-19, due to his inaction and active negligence in seeking to ignore the problem.

And that is not the only thing to keep people from not voting for him. There is a LONG list.

As far as his own locked in supporters - they choose to either believe his many lies, or choose to ignore them. Can't fix stupid...
Every country has been affected by this virus, which is new (in case you haven't noticed). The US has about 190,000 deaths (I think), some due to the virus and some where an otherwise unwell person died with the virus. The US is larger than most countries population wise (ex India, China, Russia (I think), maybe Indonesia/Brazil), so it would be natural for the US to have more cases than other countries (if you are too stupid to understand that, I can't help you). So in actuality, the response has been decent based on comparative per capita data. And, of course, this is a Republic made up of multiples states, with a constitution that limits federal power and provides many/most powers to the states (If are too stupid to understand that, I can't help you). So back to your point, if the Cuomo, the NY media darling, and the Govs of NJ, CT, MA had done a better job with their responses (or done nothing (which may have been better)), we would have about 50,000 or so fewer deaths and would be a world leader.

I wish I could help you be smarter, informed and objective, but I can't. You have to help yourself.

Best,
Yikes, so much that's uninformed or flat wrong in this post.
Typical Lax Dad

Best,
We are punching way above our weight with deaths.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Best,

the response has been decent based on comparative per capita data.

As shown below, Canada's proportional effective response has been far better. While the USA population is less than 10 times Canada's population, the amount of covid deaths are 20 times more than there:

if the Cuomo, the NY media darling, and the Govs of NJ, CT, MA had done a better job with their responses (or done nothing (which may have been better)), we would have about 50,000 or so fewer deaths and would be a world leader.

As discussed before, your hero tRUMP controls the granting of visas and the CDC's power to quarantine those suspected of carrying illness into our shores. Had he not granted visas to certain infected people and had he authorized the CDC to quarantine those who carried the virus, those same 50,000 would have been saved. The governors did not grant those visas and did not hamper the CDC from doing its job. Your hero traitor tRUMP did. He is the one exclusively responsible for the deaths of our fellow Americans.

You may want to take back the remark about anyone here being "stupid".
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:00 pm

Best,

As shown below, Canada's proportional effective response has been far better. While the USA population is less than 10 times Canada's population, the amount of covid deaths are 20 times more than there:

if the Cuomo, the NY media darling, and the Govs of NJ, CT, MA had done a better job with their responses (or done nothing (which may have been better)), we would have about 50,000 or so fewer deaths and would be a world leader.

As discussed before, your hero tRUMP controls the granting of visas and the CDC's power to quarantine those suspected of carrying illness into our shores. Had he not granted visas to certain infected people and had he authorized the CDC to quarantine those who carried the virus, those same 50,000 would have been saved. The governors did not grant those visas and did not hamper the CDC from doing its job. Your hero traitor tRUMP did. He is the one exclusively responsible for the deaths of our fellow Americans.

It’s like the Flu and Trump lied.
“I wish you would!”
Unknown Participant

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:00 pm

Best,

No. I'm pretty comfortable with the "stupid" classification. But thanks. Perhaps I should have emphasized "objective," but what do I know? Facts are facts. Ignore them at your peril.

Best,
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Best,
First - 195K officially on worldometer, and 30% higher likely due to undercounting.

Per capita deaths (per M):
(in order of largest raw case numbers)

US: 589 (6.5M cases, 19.3K cases/M)
India: 54 (4.5M cases, 3.2K cases/M)
Brazil: 604 (4.2M cases, 19.7K cases/M)
Russia: 124 (1.0M cases, 7.1K cases/M)
Peru: 915 (703K cases, 21.3K cases/M)
Columbia: 433 (687K cases, 13.5K cases/M)
Mexico: 525 (648K cases, 5.0K cases/M)
South Africa: 255 (642K cases, 10.8K cases/M)
Spain: 634 (543K cases, 11.6K cases/M)

These have all been hit hard at some point, and with the exception of India, have comparable numbers to the US.

But some other comparables - similar economic well being, for example:

(cases/M, deaths/M)
France: 5.3K, 472
UK: 5.3K, 612
Germany: 3.1K, 112
Israel: 15.3K, 115
Canada: 3.6K, 242
Belgium: 7.7K, 855
Sweden: 8.5K, 578
China: 59, 3
Netherlands: 4.5L, 364
Japan: 575, 11
Singapore: 9.7K, 5
Switzerland: 5.2K, 233
Australia: 1.0K, 31
South Korea: 424, 7
Denmark: 3.2K, 108
Norway: 2.2K, 49
Luxembourg: 11.2K, 197
Hong Kong: 653, 13
Iceland: 6.3K, 29
New Zealand: 358, 5

Yes you can find comparable numbers within some of the Western European countries (UK, Belgium, Sweden), some at half (Netherlands, Canada) but a lot of them under 100 (less than roughly 20% of the US numbers)...

So an effective total response might have the US at instead of roughly a quarter million deaths (~200K officially) to an official number of 32K deaths (and likely more like 40-50K) instead...
Last edited by RedFromMI on Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

CU77 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:43 pm I'll just have to keep working on my drones …

We've been trying to improve them for a few decades now with little to show :D

Unknown Participant

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:16 pm

Best,
First - 195K officially on worldometer, and 30% higher likely due to undercounting.

These have all been hit hard at some point, and with the exception of India, have comparable numbers to the US.

(cases/M, deaths/M)

Yes you can find comparable numbers within some of the Western European countries (UK, Belgium, Sweden), some at half (Netherlands, Canada) but a lot of them under 100 (less than roughly 20% of the US numbers)...

So an effective total response might have the US at instead of roughly a quarter million deaths (~200K officially) to an official number of 32K deaths (and likely more like 40-50K) instead...
Roughly a quarter million? Clown, not over 193k (today, including real non-Covid issues), Blame it on Cuomo and the NJ, MA, CT Governors. If they had not f'd it up so badly, the US would be leading the way.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Plenty of countries got hit very hard in the first wave -- Italy, Spain, France, UK, Sweden -- similar to how NY/NJ got hit.

What is most telling imo is how countries are doing now. After having had 5-6 months to learn, adapt handle. 7 day death average currently:

USA 753
Spain 62
France 15
UK 12
Italy 12
Germany 3
Canada 3
Sweden 1

And on a cumulative basis (deaths per million pop), the USA has now caught up and passed France Sweden and Italy. In a couple weeks, we will be passing Spain and UK.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:05 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:16 pm

Best,

(cases/M, deaths/M)

Roughly a quarter million? Clown, not over 193k (today, including real non-Covid issues), Blame it on Cuomo and the NJ, MA, CT Governors. If they had not f'd it up so badly, the US would be leading the way.
Tell Ron DeSantis that.
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:38 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:04 pm Bending the entire edifice of government to serve Duce:

Now this is truly serious.
Agreed; and it is remarkable how little play this is getting, overpowered by the revelation that the President lied about the virus from early February and called it a "hoax" that would go away. But this whistleblower complaint -- if sustained -- says that the national security and intelligence apparatus manipulated intelligence for domestic political gain.

And the DOJ intervened in a defamation suit. No SDNY lawyer signed on to the Motion to Substitute; the thing was engineered at the main office in Washington.

Trump uses the props of the White House and AF1 for campaigning, for backdrop.

Why do all Americans not understand how very wrong and different this is?

Return to “POLITICS”