All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

CU77

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by CU77 »

Army ants will sometimes walk in circles until they die. The workers navigate by smelling the pheromone trails of workers in front of them, while laying down pheromones for others to follow. If these trails accidentally loop back on themselves, the ants are trapped. They become a thick, swirling vortex of bodies that resembles a hurricane as viewed from space. They march endlessly until they’re felled by exhaustion or dehydration. The ants can sense no picture bigger than what’s immediately ahead. They have no coordinating force to guide them to safety. They are imprisoned by a wall of their own instincts. This phenomenon is called the death spiral. I can think of no better metaphor for the United States of America’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... er/616204/
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:14 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:38 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:17 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:06 pm
ggait wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:56 am
It has to do with our size, dispersal, decentralized govt structure & travel patterns. We were too big, too dispersed & lacked the adequate public health infrastructure, test kits, lab capacity & ppe to do adequate contact tracing & isolation. We were playing catch up from the start.
But there's really no excuse for AZ/TX/FL-stan. If you saw what was happening in NY/NJ-stan, your reaction shouldn't be "Re-open!" and "Where's my apology?" Instead, you should be Germany -- they saw what was happening to their neighbors, took it seriously from the beginning, and never got hit badly. Douglas MacArthur -- all failures can be summed up by two words -- Too late.
Unlike Germany, S Korea, Taiwan & Japan, we did not have adequate lab capacity & contact tracing personnel or procedures in the states you name.
NY/NJ-stan numbers have come down because their vulnerable were killed off, not because of superior leadership, planning or execution.

What is the case/fatality rate in AZ/TX/FL-stan compared to NY/NJ-stan ?
Whoa, did you really say that the vulnerable in NY and NJ have been killed off and that's why the numbers are down???

That may be the dumbest thing, outside of Petey's and 6ft's trolling, we've heard today.
https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/03/30/ ... -examples/

...& the mostly peaceful protests are not super spreader events. Okie Dokie.
Is that supposed to be a response to your dumb statement about killing off vulnerable people...???

You can't really argue the protest=super spreader point with me Salty. I expressed concern about protestors without masks from the outset. I was pleased that the protests that were well organized appeared to have very strong mask compliance, though not total, but when things got violent there appeared to also be lower mask compliance. Definitely an issue.

But sure, there's a difference between gatherings in which most people are wearing masks and events where most people aren't, indeed in which not wearing a mask is part of giving the finger to the rest of us.
.:roll:. They were killed off by the virus. You blame everything on Trump. When you do so, you ignore the actions of state & local leaders.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:35 pm
It has to do with our size, dispersal, decentralized govt structure & travel patterns. We were too big, too dispersed & lacked the adequate public health infrastructure, test kits, lab capacity & ppe to do adequate contact tracing & isolation. We were playing catch up from the start.
But there's really no excuse for AZ/TX/FL-stan. If you saw what was happening in NY/NJ-stan, your reaction shouldn't be "Re-open!" and "Where's my apology?" Instead, you should be Germany -- they saw what was happening to their neighbors, took it seriously from the beginning, and never got hit badly. Douglas MacArthur -- all failures can be summed up by two words -- Too late.
Unlike Germany, S Korea, Taiwan & Japan, we did not have adequate lab capacity & contact tracing personnel or procedures in the states you name.
NY/NJ-stan numbers have come down because their vulnerable were killed off, not because of superior leadership, planning or execution.

Whoa, did you really say that the vulnerable in NY and NJ have been killed off and that's why the numbers are down???

That may be the dumbest thing, outside of Petey's and 6ft's trolling, we've heard today.

Is that supposed to be a response to your dumb statement about killing off vulnerable people...???

You can't really argue the protest=super spreader point with me Salty. I expressed concern about protestors without masks from the outset. I was pleased that the protests that were well organized appeared to have very strong mask compliance, though not total, but when things got violent there appeared to also be lower mask compliance. Definitely an issue.

But sure, there's a difference between gatherings in which most people are wearing masks and events where most people aren't, indeed in which not wearing a mask is part of giving the finger to the rest of us.
.:roll:. They were killed off by the virus. You blame everything on Trump. When you do so, you ignore the actions of state & local leaders.

MD blames Trump for MD's arch support problems.

TDS is a serious affliction; the only known cure is 4 more years of Trump.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:14 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:05 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:50 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:49 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:33 pm https://twitter.com/CNNnewsroom/status/ ... 6645937153

February 7, 2020. More deadly. More serious. No disclosure. No action.

Trump owns this.
:roll: Another hit job. Interesting they start their time in February, and yet he shut down china flights a week prior. And Alex Azar declares a public emergency on the 31st. SoP from the #Orangemanbad propagandists.
Youth, I'm serious about these questions. Why do people, including you, continue to tout the effectiveness of this flight shutdown line when:

1. the only thing shut down were non-US citizens and non-permanent residents being allowed in from China?
2. the ~40,000 US citizens and permanent residents who returned weren't so much as tested for high temperatures upon their return?
My point, was as noted in original post. The hit job jumps on Trump as if he did nothing in early Feb. When in fact he did take it serious by shutting down the the potential for the virus from entering the US via an easy flight.

I do not know the specificity of how those US citizens were tested or treated prior to being repatriated .I do know they had a special team, and had to contact our local embassy. I find it odd that they did not follow CDC standard guidelines for evaluating them.
Sorry, that's a cop out. My son and his girlfriend were among those 40k. They were temperature tested in Thailand and then Hong Kong, having been in Shanghai. But not tested by US customs prior to boarding their flight from Hong Kong to Chicago then Miami nor upon their landing in the US. Waved on through as if nothing was going on at all. They didn't have to contact anyone.

That's the 40,000 people, any of whom were carrying the virus, certainly some of whom definitely were. Of course, by then it was already in America anyway, so fruitless, but it blows a huge hole in any notion that Trump was telling us the truth.

And those other 320 million of us here in the US...did he tell us the truth about the risks of the virus, or did he lie again and again and again?

Yup, he chose to lie. Still is.
But the tan suit; still can't get over that disgrace.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

He doesn’t want people to panic?!?

“Mexicans are sending drugs, they’re rapists.”

"A Caravan of Killers are heading toward our border" This lying piece of ship is killing US.

Seriously, IMPOTUS o d is responsible for more American deaths than any TERRORIST.

o d has been claiming for months that the election will be rigged, and has run two presidential campaigns based on fear. Not exactly panic-reducing rhetoric.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I've bolded and enlarged your dumb statement that "their numbers have come down because their vulnerable were killed off..."

As I don't think you, yourself, are dumb, nor ignorant for that matter, I expressed surprise at that dumb statement...

If you want to argue that, oops, yes it was poor political leadership and want to include DeBlasio, I'm ok with that up to a point...did DiBlasio have the same briefings on it that Trump did???

I'm the opposite of a DiBlasio fan, btw, but let's not kid ourselves about who was briefed at what level and who was not. Previously the argument was made that Trump simply didn't know how wrong he was...now we have it in his own words, on tape, that he purposely misled the American people.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:52 pm

I've bolded and enlarged your dumb statement that "their numbers have come down because their vulnerable were killed off..."

As I don't think you, yourself, are dumb, nor ignorant for that matter, I expressed surprise at that dumb statement...

If you want to argue that, oops, yes it was poor political leadership and want to include DeBlasio, I'm ok with that up to a point...did DiBlasio have the same briefings on it that Trump did???

I'm the opposite of a DiBlasio fan, btw, but let's not kid ourselves about who was briefed at what level and who was not. Previously the argument was made that Trump simply didn't know how wrong he was...now we have it in his own words, on tape, that he purposely misled the American people.
He is too far gone.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

It was your dumb TDS addled interpretation. I didn't claim anyone killed them off. The virus killed them.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Good Article on a Clever Virus

This virus doesn’t care about politics.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:12 pm

It was your dumb TDS addled interpretation. I didn't claim anyone killed them off. The virus killed them.
And that's why the numbers are down, the vulnerable in NY are already dead???

You do realize how dumb that is, right?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:12 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:58 am Play down the seriousness of the virus....the suckers and losers won’t know any better

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the administration's top infectious disease expert, is quoted telling others Trump's leadership was "rudderless" and that his "attention span is like a minus number."

:lol: :lol:
Worth a read, and especially the tapes of his conversations with Trump...Woodward tapes everything, documents everything meticulously...

Gonna be a lot more...
Will be interesting indeed.
Fauci calling bs.

https://twitter.com/breaking911/status/ ... 40899?s=21
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:32 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:58 am Play down the seriousness of the virus....the suckers and losers won’t know any better

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the administration's top infectious disease expert, is quoted telling others Trump's leadership was "rudderless" and that his "attention span is like a minus number."

Worth a read, and especially the tapes of his conversations with Trump...Woodward tapes everything, documents everything meticulously...

Gonna be a lot more...
Fauci calling bs.

Since we’re in alternate universes where everyone gets their own interpretations we might as well go along with it. Fauci’s dismissal of mask wearing early on was to keep PPE in first responders’ hands. Trump’s dismissal of the entire thing was to keep us all safe. Fauci’s dismissal of his Trump ineptitude comments must be to keep him playing on the team so he still has a pulpit, no matter how small and low its become. Let’s see how Trump explains his next one.

I believe Fauci. You believe Trump. Alternate universes.

Edit to add: The only commonality is neither universe trusts the other. We are like the army ants mentioned in another thread, marching to our demise.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I think that’s entirely plausible.
But to clarify- No, I don’t believe Trump.
But we’ve been told by the msm that people are allowed to “identify” in any way they want to these days. Regardless of what science or facts say. This alternate universe has been thrust upon us. Now we all need to play by the rules.

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

The handful of people I know, working for Partners Health system, knew about V19 by the end of January. JANUARY. Didn't realize the POTUSA tv reality show guy was YOUR doctor.

Since when is a virus "secret" ?

Please answer this question (s) :

Did POTUSA try to invoke the war powers act to make PPE stuff here, in the USA? yes or no

WHO.....stopped that process? Congress, or tRump?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:06 am

Gonna be a lot more...
Fauci calling bs.

Since we’re in alternate universes where everyone gets their own interpretations we might as well go along with it. Fauci’s dismissal of mask wearing early on was to keep PPE in first responders’ hands. Trump’s dismissal of the entire thing was to keep us all safe. Fauci’s dismissal of his Trump ineptitude comments must be to keep him playing on the team so he still has a pulpit, no matter how small and low its become. Let’s see how Trump explains his next one.

Edit to add: The only commonality is neither universe trusts the other. We are like the army ants mentioned in another thread, marching to our demise.
I will add, while listening to talk radio WTOP yesterday, a 30 year vet, served in the ME multiple times said it best... I will add, he was a black man, not a raging Trump supporter, just being pragmatic...in short he said: "when you are in the middle of a battle you want a leader that communicates and displays calmness and speaks with confidence and optimism. He said, he appreciated that about Trump and reminded us about how GWB did the same on 9/11".

He was damned if he did and damned if he did not. What if, he slipped up and said something like "we could all die" from this if we don't hunker down....panic and chaos would have certainly ensued.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Yup, the Trumpists will say he did the right thing to lie.
It's started...
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:06 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:06 am

Gonna be a lot more...
Fauci calling bs.

I will add, while listening to talk radio WTOP yesterday, a 30 year vet, served in the ME multiple times said it best... I will add, he was a black man, not a raging Trump supporter, just being pragmatic...in short he said: "when you are in the middle of a battle you want a leader that communicates and displays calmness and speaks with confidence and optimism. He said, he appreciated that about Trump and reminded us about how GWB did the same on 9/11".

He was damned if he did and damned if he did not. What if, he slipped up and said something like "we could all die" from this if we don't hunker down....panic and chaos would have certainly ensued.
The most famous quote off the 20th century—"All we have to fear is fear itself."

Todays liberal progressives would label it deceitful. And FDR a liar.

The human misery of the depression went on for 7 more years after that speech.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

So dumb, so uninformed, so cultish.

FDR asked his fellow Americans to find courage in those dark days of the Depression, to persevere.

And he took action, sweeping actions, to combat the economic collapse. Some of which worked, some only held the tide of worse outcomes, that itself being a benefit.

What FDR did not do was tell the American people that the country didn't face an enormous challenge.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:24 am So dumb, so uninformed, so cultish.

FDR asked his fellow Americans to find courage in those dark days of the Depression, to persevere.

And he took action, sweeping actions, to combat the economic collapse. Some of which worked, some only held the tide of worse outcomes, that itself being a benefit.

What FDR did not do was tell the American people that the country didn't face an enormous challenge.
Bullsh*t

FDR "lied" to the American people until Pearl Harbor pulled his nuts out of the fire.
Last edited by 6ftstick on Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

118864956_3360035227352230_4469126394784764165_n.jpg
118864956_3360035227352230_4469126394784764165_n.jpg (46.08 KiB) Viewed 812 times

Return to “POLITICS”