All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

CU88

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by CU88 »

EXCLUSIVE

Emails show HHS official trying to muzzle Fauci

Emails obtained by POLITICO show Paul Alexander instructing press officers and others at the National Institutes of Health about what Fauci should say during media

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/0 ... uci-410861
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Trump was just kidding!!
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:32 pm EXCLUSIVE

Emails show HHS official trying to muzzle Fauci

Emails obtained by POLITICO show Paul Alexander instructing press officers and others at the National Institutes of Health about what Fauci should say during media

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/0 ... uci-410861
Boy is this guy a bozo...hired by a bozo who was appointed by a bozo.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Boy oh boy....you guys are on a roll, a drop of blood in the water and the sharks come out. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:54 pm Boy oh boy....you guys are on a roll, a drop of blood in the water and the sharks come out. :lol:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:00 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:54 pm Boy oh boy....you guys are on a roll, a drop of blood in the water and the sharks come out. :lol:
+30% to account for the missed deaths!
Typical Lax Dad

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:03 pm
194,644 on the Worldmeter hoax site.
“I wish you would!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:05 pm
But in reality more like a quarter million...
Typical Lax Dad

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:07 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:05 pm
But in reality more like a quarter million...
Yep....just like the flu 🤧
“I wish you would!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

From Twitter (quoting the Bible):
But if the watchman sees the enemy coming and doesn’t sound the alarm to warn the people, he is responsible for their captivity. They will die in their sins, and I will hold the watchman responsible for their deaths.
Ezekiel 33:6
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:20 pm From Twitter (quoting the Bible):
But if the watchman sees the enemy coming and doesn’t sound the alarm to warn the people, he is responsible for their captivity. They will die in their sins, and I will hold the watchman responsible for their deaths.
Ezekiel 33:6
Biden today in Michigan:
Biden: "On the day we hit 190k dead in the US because of Covid, we just learned that POTUS admitted on tape in February, he knew [Covid] passed through the air. He knew how deadly it was. He knew & purposely played down. Worse, he lied to the American people ... it's a disgrace
BTW, Trump apparently learned about COVID spreading through the air from Xi...
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:49 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:33 pm https://twitter.com/CNNnewsroom/status/ ... 6645937153

February 7, 2020. More deadly. More serious. No disclosure. No action.

Trump owns this.
:roll: Another hit job. Interesting they start their time in February, and yet he shut down china flights a week prior. And Alex Azar declares a public emergency on the 31st. SoP from the #Orangemanbad propagandists.
Youth, I'm serious about these questions. Why do people, including you, continue to tout the effectiveness of this flight shutdown line when:

1. the only thing shut down were non-US citizens and non-permanent residents being allowed in from China?
2. the ~40,000 US citizens and permanent residents who returned weren't so much as tested for high temperatures upon their return?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:50 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:33 pm https://twitter.com/CNNnewsroom/status/ ... 6645937153

Trump owns this.
:roll: Another hit job. Interesting they start their time in February, and yet he shut down china flights a week prior. And Alex Azar declares a public emergency on the 31st. SoP from the #Orangemanbad propagandists.
Youth, I'm serious about these questions. Why do people, including you, continue to tout the effectiveness of this flight shutdown line when:

1. the only thing shut down were non-US citizens and non-permanent residents being allowed in from China?
2. the ~40,000 US citizens and permanent residents who returned weren't so much as tested for high temperatures upon their return?
My point, was as noted in original post. The hit job jumps on Trump as if he did nothing in early Feb. When in fact he did take it serious by shutting down the the potential for the virus from entering the US via an easy flight.

I do not know the specificity of how those US citizens were tested or treated prior to being repatriated .I do know they had a special team, and had to contact our local embassy. I find it odd that they did not follow CDC standard guidelines for evaluating them.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:56 am
It has to do with our size, dispersal, decentralized govt structure & travel patterns. We were too big, too dispersed & lacked the adequate public health infrastructure, test kits, lab capacity & ppe to do adequate contact tracing & isolation. We were playing catch up from the start.
But there's really no excuse for AZ/TX/FL-stan. If you saw what was happening in NY/NJ-stan, your reaction shouldn't be "Re-open!" and "Where's my apology?" Instead, you should be Germany -- they saw what was happening to their neighbors, took it seriously from the beginning, and never got hit badly. Douglas MacArthur -- all failures can be summed up by two words -- Too late.
Unlike Germany, S Korea, Taiwan & Japan, we did not have adequate lab capacity & contact tracing personnel or procedures in the states you name.
NY/NJ-stan numbers have come down because their vulnerable were killed off, not because of superior leadership, planning or execution.

What is the case/fatality rate in AZ/TX/FL-stan compared to NY/NJ-stan ?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:05 pm

Trump owns this.

My point, was as noted in original post. The hit job jumps on Trump as if he did nothing in early Feb. When in fact he did take it serious by shutting down the the potential for the virus from entering the US via an easy flight.

I do not know the specificity of how those US citizens were tested or treated prior to being repatriated .I do know they had a special team, and had to contact our local embassy. I find it odd that they did not follow CDC standard guidelines for evaluating them.
Sorry, that's a cop out. My son and his girlfriend were among those 40k. They were temperature tested in Thailand and then Hong Kong, having been in Shanghai. But not tested by US customs prior to boarding their flight from Hong Kong to Chicago then Miami nor upon their landing in the US. Waved on through as if nothing was going on at all. They didn't have to contact anyone.

That's the 40,000 people, any of whom were carrying the virus, certainly some of whom definitely were. Of course, by then it was already in America anyway, so fruitless, but it blows a huge hole in any notion that Trump was telling us the truth.

And those other 320 million of us here in the US...did he tell us the truth about the risks of the virus, or did he lie again and again and again?

Yup, he chose to lie. Still is.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:06 pm
It has to do with our size, dispersal, decentralized govt structure & travel patterns. We were too big, too dispersed & lacked the adequate public health infrastructure, test kits, lab capacity & ppe to do adequate contact tracing & isolation. We were playing catch up from the start.
But there's really no excuse for AZ/TX/FL-stan. If you saw what was happening in NY/NJ-stan, your reaction shouldn't be "Re-open!" and "Where's my apology?" Instead, you should be Germany -- they saw what was happening to their neighbors, took it seriously from the beginning, and never got hit badly. Douglas MacArthur -- all failures can be summed up by two words -- Too late.
Unlike Germany, S Korea, Taiwan & Japan, we did not have adequate lab capacity & contact tracing personnel or procedures in the states you name.
NY/NJ-stan numbers have come down because their vulnerable were killed off, not because of superior leadership, planning or execution.

Whoa, did you really say that the vulnerable in NY and NJ have been killed off and that's why the numbers are down???

That may be the dumbest thing, outside of Petey's and 6ft's trolling, we've heard today.

on the fatality rate, we're told by the medical folks that the approaches they've learned over these months have cut deaths of those admitted by 2/3. We'd certainly hope to lose fewer people per case rate now than when this first hit. thank god.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:14 pm

Trump owns this.

Sorry, that's a cop out. My son and his girlfriend were among those 40k. They were temperature tested in Thailand and then Hong Kong, having been in Shanghai. But not tested by US customs prior to boarding their flight from Hong Kong to Chicago then Miami nor upon their landing in the US. Waved on through as if nothing was going on at all. They didn't have to contact anyone.

That's the 40,000 people, any of whom were carrying the virus, certainly some of whom definitely were. Of course, by then it was already in America anyway, so fruitless, but it blows a huge hole in any notion that Trump was telling us the truth.

And those other 320 million of us here in the US...did he tell us the truth about the risks of the virus, or did he lie again and again and again?

Cop out...how? So they were checked for a fever. What are you complaining about?
~Livy

old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:17 pm

Whoa, did you really say that the vulnerable in NY and NJ have been killed off and that's why the numbers are down???

That may be the dumbest thing, outside of Petey's and 6ft's trolling, we've heard today.
https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/03/30/ ... -examples/

...& the mostly peaceful protests are not super spreader events. Okie Dokie.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:35 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:14 pm

Trump owns this.

Cop out...how? So they were checked for a fever. What are you complaining about?
Not by the US at all...they were checked by the Thai and Hong Kong authorities, but did not need to produce anything for the American authorities. Just a ticket and their passports.

Now, my son and his girlfriend had been quite careful, as they understood what was happening in China as they left Thailand after extending their stay there and deciding to not go back into China and instead return to the US. Thailand also had cases at that point, but fewer than China and they were staying in the outer reaches away from the pop centers. But they did need to come back through those densely populated areas and airports...so they sure as heck should have been checked by the US authorities too.

My point, as others have made, is that the supposed ban on travel was toothless and meant virtually nothing in the longer run. The virus was already in the US and spreading, and had it not been, the 'ban' certainly would not have stopped it. Not remotely close.

Lying to the American public did matter a great deal.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:38 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:17 pm

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/03/30/ ... -examples/

...& the mostly peaceful protests are not super spreader events. Okie Dokie.
Is that supposed to be a response to your dumb statement about killing off vulnerable people...???

You can't really argue the protest=super spreader point with me Salty. I expressed concern about protestors without masks from the outset. I was pleased that the protests that were well organized appeared to have very strong mask compliance, though not total, but when things got violent there appeared to also be lower mask compliance. Definitely an issue.

But sure, there's a difference between gatherings in which most people are wearing masks and events where most people aren't, indeed in which not wearing a mask is part of giving the finger to the rest of us.

Return to “POLITICS”