Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DocBarrister

Re: Orange Duce

Post by DocBarrister »

It’s amusing that Woodward, who helped to bring down Nixon, has recorded tapes of Trump that may contribute to Trump’s downfall as well.

Woodward further confirms Trump’s disdain for U.S. military personnel.

The loathing was mutual. “Not to mention my f%%%ing generals are a bunch of pussies. They care more about their alliances than they do about trade deals,” Trump told White House trade adviser Peter Navarro at one point, according to Woodward.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... Fstory-ans

Those of you who continue to support Trump support a so-called president who despises our military personnel.

Disgusting.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:38 pm It’s amusing that Woodward, who helped to bring down Nixon, has recorded tapes of Trump that may contribute to Trump’s downfall as well.

Woodward further confirms Trump’s disdain for U.S. military personnel.

The loathing was mutual. “Not to mention my f%%%ing generals are a bunch of pussies. They care more about their alliances than they do about trade deals,” Trump told White House trade adviser Peter Navarro at one point, according to Woodward.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... Fstory-ans

Those of you who continue to support Trump support a so-called president who despises our military personnel.

Disgusting.

DocBarrister
No he just despises the leaders. He is all for the grunts. He is fighting for them!

:lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Always love the lefts ‘there’s nothing he can do or say to chase his voters away’, when for the same people there’s nothing Trump can do or say to cause them to vote for him.

RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:56 pm Always love the lefts ‘there’s nothing he can do or say to chase his voters away’, when for the same people there’s nothing Trump can do or say to cause them to vote for him.

Trump is responsible for a couple of hundred thousand deaths due to COVID-19, due to his inaction and active negligence in seeking to ignore the problem.

Kind of hard to overcome that.

And that is not the only thing to keep people from not voting for him. There is a LONG list.

As far as his own locked in supporters - they choose to either believe his many lies, or choose to ignore them. Can't fix stupid...
ggait

Post by ggait »

Michael Cohen says he caught/killed some racy stuff about the Falwell Juniors in exchange for getting them to endorse Trump in January 2016. Falwell was pretty much the first evangelical to go for Trump. Especially surprising since that was so early in the process and that Ted Cruz was the much more obvious candidate in that lane.

Falwell of course denies.

Only the best people. MAGA!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:55 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:40 pm Time will tell, Salty, but if he wanted to refute it or Dunford wanted to refute it, it would be simple to do so. Perhaps the only reason they're not confirming it is this BS 'code of silence', but let's assume that's the issue, not that they're 'cowards' as some on these threads have suggested (which seems ridiculous to me).

Lots of reporters, from all kinds of angles, have now confirmed that the sources are real, truly were senior officials who were there and would know, and they all tell a common story and set of stories...and then we have Trump himself in the raw. Including yesterday.
Man, you guys so don't get it. Kelly & Dunford do. BS code of silence. Tell them they're cowards.
Dunford said his philosophy is to “behave in public the same way I did while on active duty. ... I feel I should not engage in any partisan politics.”

The implications of any public comment on the president and his administration, he said, could complicate the job of Army General Mark Milley, his successor as Joint Chiefs chair and another Massachusetts native.

“I’ve got to let the chairman be the chairman, and there can be only one chairman,” Dunford said.

After a pause, he smiled and repeated a quote from Army General Omar Bradley, a hero of World War II: “The best service a retired general can perform is to turn in his tongue along with his suit and to mothball his opinions.”
The sources are real -- the same 4 anonymous cowards who won't go on the record.
Bolton said that FNC's Griffin is wrong about who was in the room, because he was there.
He totally destroys Goldberg's reporting about how & why the trip was canceled.
It's the DC 2nd & 3rd hand hearsay telephone game.
The trip was cancelled for one reason - he didn't want to take a four hour car ride. The fact that the weather was bad just gave him and excuse.
Typical Lax Dad

:lol: :lol: :lol:

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Mob guys sit around watching mob movies and then re-enacting it in real life. A writer that covered the mob for the NYT wrote that years ago when the Gambino family was taken down. Roy Cohn and Trump are mob guys. Who knows how many times that have watched the movie...This just rolled off his tongue. He is more Sonny than Michael. A peacock.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:22 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:55 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:40 pm Time will tell, Salty, but if he wanted to refute it or Dunford wanted to refute it, it would be simple to do so. Perhaps the only reason they're not confirming it is this BS 'code of silence', but let's assume that's the issue, not that they're 'cowards' as some on these threads have suggested (which seems ridiculous to me).

Lots of reporters, from all kinds of angles, have now confirmed that the sources are real, truly were senior officials who were there and would know, and they all tell a common story and set of stories...and then we have Trump himself in the raw. Including yesterday.
Man, you guys so don't get it. Kelly & Dunford do. BS code of silence. Tell them they're cowards.
Dunford said his philosophy is to “behave in public the same way I did while on active duty. ... I feel I should not engage in any partisan politics.”

The implications of any public comment on the president and his administration, he said, could complicate the job of Army General Mark Milley, his successor as Joint Chiefs chair and another Massachusetts native.

“I’ve got to let the chairman be the chairman, and there can be only one chairman,” Dunford said.

After a pause, he smiled and repeated a quote from Army General Omar Bradley, a hero of World War II: “The best service a retired general can perform is to turn in his tongue along with his suit and to mothball his opinions.”
The sources are real -- the same 4 anonymous cowards who won't go on the record.
Bolton said that FNC's Griffin is wrong about who was in the room, because he was there.
He totally destroys Goldberg's reporting about how & why the trip was canceled.
It's the DC 2nd & 3rd hand hearsay telephone game.
The trip was cancelled for one reason - he didn't want to take a four hour car ride. The fact that the weather was bad just gave him and excuse.
The trip was cancelled, at the recommendation of the Secret Service & General Kelly, because the visibility was below minimums for transport by helo & the route was too long to secure for surface transport & would have put the President too far away from the emergency communications capability provided by AF1, as John Bolton wrote, in his book, long before this fabricated campaign hit piece. It was helo or no go -- from the outset. The Secret Service had not cleared the road route or pre-arranged road closures & security along the surface route.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:49 pm No he just despises the leaders. He is all for the grunts. He is fighting for them!

Nope, those are the losers and suckers.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:26 pm Man, you guys so don't get it. Kelly & Dunford do. BS code of silence. Tell them they're cowards.
IMO, they are cowards. I will tell them to their faces if I ever get the chance.
old salt wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:26 pmThe trip was cancelled, at the recommendation of the Secret Service & General Kelly
Kelly could easily confirm this. For whatever reason, he refuses to do so.
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU77 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:54 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:26 pm Man, you guys so don't get it. Kelly & Dunford do. BS code of silence. Tell them they're cowards.
IMO, they are cowards. I will tell them to their faces if I ever get the chance.
old salt wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:26 pmThe trip was cancelled, at the recommendation of the Secret Service & General Kelly
Kelly could easily confirm this. For whatever reason, he refuses to do so.
Kelly does not need to. Bolton already has, along with Kelly's CoS.

Kelly's not playing political campaign gotcha games.
He's a private citizen, trying to enjoy a quiet retirement.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Look who has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize:

As A Bitter Joke, Adolf Hitler Was Nominated For The Nobel Peace Prize in 1939

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/world- ... 939-m.html

Oh wait - that was tRUMP who got the nomination. :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:00 am I'll rely on Trump's public statements, including from this week, to base my assessment as to the likely veracity of these reports.

Way too much evidence of disrespect, and even contempt, for military service to not find these statements made more privately to be entirely plausible.

The flailing around to defend who Trump really is remains just noise by the apologists and cultists.
repeating this for Salty...
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

delusional, indeed
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:23 pm Image

delusional, indeed
The real suckers and losers!! Deplorable
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

Someone just texted me and asked if I thought the Woodward tapes would be the thing that finally does Trump in.

I said, nope, Trump could say today is Monday and his base would believe him. They would claim the calendar is fake news. A product of the deep state.

Sad.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

njbill wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:54 pm Someone just texted me and asked if I thought the Woodward tapes would be the thing that finally does Trump in.

I said, nope, Trump could say today is Monday and his base would believe him. They would claim the calendar is fake news. A product of the deep state.

Sad.
You know better than that, old friend: it's not sad. It's dangerous.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:54 pm Someone just texted me and asked if I thought the Woodward tapes would be the thing that finally does Trump in.

Sad.

No. You bozos are just being played every day.

Trump said on March 30, 2020, that he was purposely not trying to panic the country, instead encouraging optimism.

Woodward’s book is simply more dumb Dem hysteria. Everyone is selling their book before the election as a hedge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Trump on tape:

“I wanted to, I wanted to always play it down. I still like playing it down, because I don’t want to create a panic,” Trump told Woodward in a recording released by the veteran Washington Post journalist.

If the theater actually is on fire, then you really should start yelling "Fire."

We all know that Trump downplayed it because he was trying to gaslight the stock market in service of his re-election.

Trump's predictable response today -- Woodward's book is fake.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.

Return to “POLITICS”