Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:08 pm ...regarding football, I was a big Single Wing Offense fan
Me too. I found it fascinating. It was hard to find.
I remember watching Billy Kilmer at UCLA & Johnny Majors at Tenn.
Very limited tv coverage of college fb then.
Kilmer became the running QB in the 3 QB rotation the 49ers ran when they initially confounded the NFL when they introduced the shotgun.
Some of today's spread option offenses remind me of the single wing.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:44 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:08 pm ...regarding football, I was a big Single Wing Offense fan
Me too. I found it fascinating. It was hard to find.
I remember watching Billy Kilmer at UCLA & Johnny Majors at Tenn.
Very limited tv coverage of college fb then.
Kilmer became the running QB in the 3 QB rotation the 49ers ran when they initially confounded the NFL when they introduced the shotgun.
Some of today's spread option offenses remind me of the single wing.
👍
“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:40 pm This is a bit of an interesting aspect on the death of Daniel Prude that is just becoming part of the story. Mr Prude was released from Strong Memorial hospital 4 hours before he ran naked into the winter night from his brothers house. His brother said he should have been kept for at least 72 hours so he could be evaluated and treated. The folks at strong just like him go. They did not give his brother any diagnosis, no medication no kind of direction at all about what his problem was. They just let him walk, sorry there pal, see you around. The police are not the only people who failed Daniel Prude. It is quite possible our health care system failed him as well. The man was crying for help and everybody that should have shown him the compassion any human being deserves, too many people turned their back on him. There has been a very powerful theme said by the people protesting his murder... "this has got to change"
Quite right. I'd like to know why nothing was done by anyone at the mayor's or District Attorney's offices when the coroner declared the cause of death as HOMICIDE. To say nothing about police management. This was MONTHS ago. Had the police not been involved and possibly have contributed to said HOMICIDE, a grand jury would have been impaneled IMMEDIATELY and any potential suspects apprehended and in custody would have been charged with murder. This event took place on March 30 and the suspect died a week later. Have to believe the coroner's report was issued within a a short time afterwards perhaps a week or so perhaps pending toxicology results. These seven officers involved were all still on the job with no sanction until earlier this week when the mayor suspended all of them from duty with pay, of course).

It's stuff like this that gets people angry.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:11 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:40 pm This is a bit of an interesting aspect on the death of Daniel Prude that is just becoming part of the story. Mr Prude was released from Strong Memorial hospital 4 hours before he ran naked into the winter night from his brothers house. His brother said he should have been kept for at least 72 hours so he could be evaluated and treated. The folks at strong just like him go. They did not give his brother any diagnosis, no medication no kind of direction at all about what his problem was. They just let him walk, sorry there pal, see you around. The police are not the only people who failed Daniel Prude. It is quite possible our health care system failed him as well. The man was crying for help and everybody that should have shown him the compassion any human being deserves, too many people turned their back on him. There has been a very powerful theme said by the people protesting his murder... "this has got to change"
Quite right. I'd like to know why nothing was done by anyone at the mayor's or District Attorney's offices when the coroner declared the cause of death as HOMICIDE. To say nothing about police management. This was MONTHS ago. Had the police not been involved and possibly have contributed to said HOMICIDE, a grand jury would have been impaneled IMMEDIATELY and any potential suspects apprehended and in custody would have been charged with murder. This event took place on March 30 and the suspect died a week later. Have to believe the coroner's report was issued within a a short time afterwards perhaps a week or so perhaps pending toxicology results. These seven officers involved were all still on the job with no sanction until earlier this week when the mayor suspended all of them from duty with pay, of course).

Many people in our community do not believe Mayor Warren when she claims she only found out about the police involvement in early August. She is throwing her own Chief of Police under the bus. She claims Chief Singletary never told her all of the facts regarding Daniel Prudes death. Something stinks about this entire situation. IMO the mayor has a lot of explaining to do. The folks protesting this mans murder are not believing her side of the story.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:20 pm
Kismet wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:11 pm

Many people in our community do not believe Mayor Warren when she claims she only found out about the police involvement in early August. She is throwing her own Chief of Police under the bus. She claims Chief Singletary never told her all of the facts regarding Daniel Prudes death. Something stinks about this entire situation. IMO the mayor has a lot of explaining to do. The folks protesting this mans murder are not believing her side of the story.
IMHO she has a LOT of company including police management and the DA's office. Assuming they can all READ the coroner's report which was issued MONTHS ago.

They should ALL be shown the door along with the seven officers involved.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:30 am Two right wing radical white supremacist "boogaloo boys" arrested for their role in creating troubles in Minneapolis:

https://kstp.com/news/2-self-proclaimed ... s/5851661/

A criminal complaint states the FBI began investigating the two men, two members of the "Boogaloo Bois" and a sub-group called the "Boojahideen," in May. The group is known to have violent anti-government sentiments, with the term "Boogaloo" referencing an impending second civil war in the U.S.

The complaint states, during the civil unrest in the Twin Cities following George Floyd's death, Solomon was seen openly carrying a firearm in a residential neighborhood. The two men interacted with a witness over several days and the witness told FBI agents they had firearms and substantial quantities of ammunition. The witness also said the two men and other members of their groups discussed committing acts of violence against police officers and other targets to help further their mission of overthrowing the government and replacing its police forces.

Our friend Petey and other delusionals of the far right continue to pretend their heroes had no role in fomenting troubles in the Twin Cities or other venues.

Turns out one of Brook’s famed ‘right wing’ boogaloos had a Twitter account. His posts sure don’t sound right wing! Supports the ACLU, hates cops, hates the KKK. Wrote this:

I'm a left Anarchist. We want a war against the government. We want all citizens on the same side.

Feel free to peruse this ‘right winger’ who sure sounds like a left winger! :lol:

https://twitter.com/ryanteeter98/status ... 13344?s=21
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

News out:

Joseph Rosenbaum, the bald guy with the brick in Kenosha, raped children. His five victims were aged 9 to 11. He was described by Antifa and BLM activists as a “hero.”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:59 pm
Turns out one of Brook’s famed ‘right wing’ boogaloos had a Twitter account. His posts sure don’t sound right wing! Supports the ACLU, hates cops, hates the KKK. Wrote this:

I'm a left Anarchist. We want a war against the government. We want all citizens on the same side.

Feel free to peruse this ‘right winger’ who sure sounds like a left winger! :lol:

https://twitter.com/ryanteeter98/status ... 13344?s=21

Leties want MORE government, not less. And as you have previously seen, your right wing pals do all they can to disguise themselves as lefties in order to hide their true identity. Here's another link along those lines:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/right-win ... ate-antifa

A "boogaloo" isn't leftie as you well know.

Keep trying ...
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:40 pm News out:

Joseph Rosenbaum, the bald guy with the brick in Kenosha, raped children. His five victims were aged 9 to 11. He was described by Antifa and BLM activists as a “hero.”

Sounds like Epstein who was beloved by righties as a "hero". Well, he's a Republican so that says it all.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:17 pm

Sounds like Epstein who was beloved by righties as a "hero". Well, he's a Republican so that says it all.

Uhhh Brook, sorry to inform you, but Epstein was a Democrat.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2018/1 ... e-heavily/
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

So much rioting to catch up on every morning, it tends not to be my first post!

But last night saw 'excellent' looting arson and diner-intimidation action in:

Chicago

Pittsburgh

Los Angeles (new!)

Vancouver WA (new!)

Portland (ho-hum)

Seattle (brought out the molotovs on police last night)

Oh well, 48 of 50 states and 220 cities are having destructive violence now. Should be 'excellent' news for Biden and Kamala, both of whom have said they support BLM 'protests'! :lol:

https://davidharrisjr.com/eric/nationwi ... ter-riots/
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:29 am
Brooklyn wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:17 pm

Heard from my buddy regarding hoops. Generally conservative and generally semi-retired. Spends half his time in Sarasota & other half in Boston. He said the NBA games have been great... as for the politics it doesn’t bother him. He sent me an article on the Boston Celtics and the franchise’s push to integrate the game.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/08/26/ ... utType=amp
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:29 am

Yeah, that's why he worked for tRUMP - he prolly caused all those hassles in order to embarrass the Dems. :lol:

Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:49 am So much rioting to catch up on every morning, it tends not to be my first post!

Chicago

Pittsburgh

Los Angeles (new!)

Vancouver WA (new!)

Portland (ho-hum)

Oh well, 48 of 50 states and 220 cities are having destructive violence now. Should be 'excellent' news for Biden and Kamala, both of whom have said they support BLM 'protests'! :lol:

https://davidharrisjr.com/eric/nationwi ... ter-riots/

Dems.gif
Dems.gif (19.85 KiB) Viewed 545 times
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Such lovely little BLMers you boys enable.

https://trendingpolitics.com/heavily-ar ... m=facebook
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:49 am So much rioting to catch up on every morning, it tends not to be my first post!

Chicago

Pittsburgh

Los Angeles (new!)

Vancouver WA (new!)

Portland (ho-hum)

And you're thinking that voting for Trump will end this?

Good Luck with that.....
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:36 am Such lovely little BLMers you boys enable.

https://trendingpolitics.com/heavily-ar ... m=facebook

Jeebus. This election is gonna be a rout like Mondale in ‘84.
Typical Lax Dad

Good police work here

Decency and respect from both parties.
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Liberals are FN NUTS

https://nypost.com/2020/09/05/seattle-p ... al-cycles/

One woman, Jessi Murray, 32, told the outlet she had three periods in a 28-day window after the gas wafted into her apartment window when it was deployed nearby her home. And a transgender man, Matthew, told KUOW he had his first period in three years after getting gassed at multiple protests he attended.

Return to “POLITICS”