Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Orange Duce

Post by old salt »

CU88 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:45 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:43 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:04 pmWhat a horrible, horrible thing to say to a former POW. I mean...you'd think that every veteran in America would call for his head for saying that.

Do Trump fans care? F no. They think it's funny. They think it's awesome. Or they have a box of excuses on little slips of paper at the ready as to why saying something like that was fine. If I was McCain's kid, and I heard someone say that, knowing what it meant to be a POW in that war? Lights out, baby...my big fist on his chin. I'd serve my time in prison with pride.
Maybe because a lot of us heard a lot of that (& worse) throughout the '70's, from phony pols who now say thank you for your service.

Results, not rhetoric are what matter. When you hear '' thanks for your service " from a 20 something, as they ring up your veterans discount, it rings true.

I would hope that John McCain would be pleased with the improvements in the VA under Trump, the pay raises, & lifting the bidget caps.
He'd probably also approve of the results re. Iraq, Syria, Iran & the Persian Gulf, in addition to our increased force disposition in W Pac & E Europe.
This is pathetic.
I give John McCain more credit than you do.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:57 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:04 pmWhat a horrible, horrible thing to say to a former POW. I mean...you'd think that every veteran in America would call for his head for saying that.

Do Trump fans care? F no. They think it's funny. They think it's awesome. Or they have a box of excuses on little slips of paper at the ready as to why saying something like that was fine. If I was McCain's kid, and I heard someone say that, knowing what it meant to be a POW in that war? Lights out, baby...my big fist on his chin. I'd serve my time in prison with pride.
Maybe because a lot of us heard a lot of that (& worse) throughout the '70's, from phony pols who now say thank you for your service.

Results, not rhetoric are what matter. When you hear '' thanks for your service " from a 20 something, as they ring up your veterans discount, it rings true.

I would hope that John McCain would be pleased with the improvements in the VA under Trump, the pay raises, & lifting the bidget caps.
He'd probably also approve of the results re. Iraq, Syria, Iran & the Persian Gulf, in addition to our increased force disposition in W Pac & E Europe.
This is pathetic.
This has nothing to do with McCain. You think that your hero o d is soley responsible for the "improvements" you have noted?

And you dont have any issues with your hero IMPOTUS statements about McCain of other members of that club?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:19 pm

This is pathetic.
This has nothing to do with McCain. You think that your hero o d is soley responsible for the "improvements" you have noted?

And you dont have any issues with your hero IMPOTUS statements about McCain or other members of that club?
not if having any issues would hurt Trump or insult Putin...
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU88 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:19 pm

This is pathetic.

And you dont have any issues with your hero IMPOTUS statements about McCain of other members of that club?
Trump's not my hero. I don't like much of what Trump says.
I appreciate what has been done by & for the military during his Presidency.
Results not rhetoric. You couldn't beat Obama for soaring rhetoric, but the results, re. the military, fell short.
Nobody loved the troops more than the Bushes. Do you think the wars they took us into were worth the human cost ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:25 pm not if having any issues would hurt Trump or insult Putin...
All you care about is rhetoric. Trump has done more to contain & counter Russia than any President since Reagan (vs the USSR)
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

CU77 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:27 pm
Everyone Knows It’s True
As Trump vehemently disputes reports that he has disparaged veterans, some silences speak loudly.
Where are the senior officers of the United States armed forces, serving and retired—the men and women who worked most closely on military affairs with President Trump? Has any one of them stepped forward to say, “That’s not the man I know”?

How many wounded warriors have stepped forward to attest to Trump’s care and concern for them? How many Gold Star families have stepped forward on Trump’s behalf? How many service families?

The silence is resounding. And when such voices do speak, they typically describe a president utterly lacking in empathy to grieving families, wholly uncomprehending of sacrifice and suffering.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ue/616138/
When Trump denied saying these things he said "I would be willing to swear on anything that I never said that about our fallen heroes."

Since then I've wondered why all those good Evangelical Christians didn't do a "What the heck? Why would he say anything and not the Bible?"

The silence is resounding.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:58 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:06 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:54 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:47 pm
You're a fool if you swallow this un-sourced political disinformation.
Confirmed by Atlantic, AP and Fox News. Each of which had multiple sources.

But you're right. We never should believe any anonymous source.

I mean look at what Deep Throat served up on Nixon. Complete BS. Total fiction.

P.S. The Atlantic's Goldberg was on the Sunday shows today saying there's more coming on this story from him and other news organizations.
Also confirmed by CNN:

President Donald Trump referred to fallen US service members at the Aisne-Marne cemetery in crude and derogatory terms during a November 2018 trip to France to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I, a former senior administration official confirmed to CNN.
Someone in a very prestigious position in the trump administration has to be the one that heard this come from trumps mouth. When that person comes forward publicly trump will be done... stick a fork in him. A really yuge fork.
Yep. The 4 cowards are afraid of mean tweets. If they believe what they say & that disqualifies Trump to be CinC, they should come forward & put their names & credibility on the line, ...just like the Swift Boat vets did. They'd be hailed as heroes (or Hatch Act violators, if still on active duty).

This was all reported on, & leaked about when it happened. It's just being recycled as a coordinated campaign hit piece. Biden had his faux angry talking points ready & the commercials were in the can.
You know what, Old Salt? I'd be afraid of mean tweets too. Life is just too short.

But life is also too short for a man who got frustrated with Europe and got fussy and said stupid things about people who got sent to war to promote himself as the savior and favorite of the military.

The thing is, no one is at all surprised that he said this spit.

Why?

Trump says stupid spit. All the time. Name the topic, and I'll find the tweets.

Trump has a stick up his arse about soldiers:
What he said about McCain.
What he did about Vietnam when he was eligible for the draft
What he says to generals. He thinks they're all mixed up because they are potential fortune 500 execs and work for a pittance. He doesn't grasp the 'service' bit.

So when the losers and suckers quote came out, nobody who has paid attention doubted it. Yeah, maybe he was frustrated because he didn't have 6 hours a day of "TV and Tweeting" time while on a trip to the continent, and the food was different, and there were always people around, and he had to be diplomatic or at least listen to people who insisted that he do so. Like us, he's old and grouchy and set in his ways. Trump loves politics. He has abjured policy and Statesmanship. Just not his bag.

So there he is on a trip full of Policy and Statesmanship with no TV time and Jet Lag and no dress up papprazzi gigs.......He was pist. He said some stupid spit. Problem is - lots of people believe that he really meant what burped out of his mouth.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU77 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:22 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:34 am Most saints don't drive their close friends to commit suicide.
Of course this is an utterly false accusation against HRC, but I know that you don't care about that.
I do know that HRC treated him like dog turd. I know she verbally abused him horribly. I do know he was in a position that stressed him out enough that he took his own life. There are plenty of other things between the evil queen and poor old Vince that are nothing more than innuendo.

https://freebeacon.com/issues/hillary-c ... interview/

This was Jim McDougals observation. Unless he was making it up. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:43 pm

P.S. The Atlantic's Goldberg was on the Sunday shows today saying there's more coming on this story from him and other news organizations.
Also confirmed by CNN:

President Donald Trump referred to fallen US service members at the Aisne-Marne cemetery in crude and derogatory terms during a November 2018 trip to France to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I, a former senior administration official confirmed to CNN.
Someone in a very prestigious position in the trump administration has to be the one that heard this come from trumps mouth. When that person comes forward publicly trump will be done... stick a fork in him. A really yuge fork.
Yep. The 4 cowards are afraid of mean tweets. If they believe what they say & that disqualifies Trump to be CinC, they should come forward & put their names & credibility on the line, ...just like the Swift Boat vets did. They'd be hailed as heroes (or Hatch Act violators, if still on active duty).

This was all reported on, & leaked about when it happened. It's just being recycled as a coordinated campaign hit piece. Biden had his faux angry talking points ready & the commercials were in the can.
You know what, Old Salt? I'd be afraid of mean tweets too. Life is just too short.

But life is also too short for a man who got frustrated with Europe and got fussy and said stupid things about people who got sent to war to promote himself as the savior and favorite of the military.

Why?

What he says to generals. He thinks they're all mixed up because they are potential fortune 500 execs and work for a pittance. He doesn't grasp the 'service' bit.

So when the losers and suckers quote came out, nobody who has paid attention doubted it. Yeah, maybe he was frustrated because he didn't have 6 hours a day of "TV and Tweeting" time while on a trip to the continent, and the food was different, and there were always people around, and he had to be diplomatic or at least listen to people who insisted that he do so. Like us, he's old and grouchy and set in his ways. Trump loves politics. He has abjured policy and Statesmanship. Just not his bag.

So there he is on a trip full of Policy and Statesmanship with no TV time and Jet Lag and no dress up papprazzi gigs.......He was pist. He said some stupid spit. Problem is - lots of people believe that he really meant what burped out of his mouth.
Or maybe he shares my belief that, other than WW II & our initial action in Afghanistan, all our other post imperial wars have been optional.
Our Civil War, WW I, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq (both times & in between), Libya, & Afghanistan (after the rout of AQ/Taliban) were not worth the human cost, in my view. The juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

I see a sense of futility & resentment in his comments & a disdain for the politicians who unleashed the carnage.
He's a product of the "60's & '70's anti-war generation too.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:56 pm

Also confirmed by CNN:

Why?

Or maybe he shares my belief that, other than WW II & our initial action in Afghanistan, all our other post imperial wars have been optional.
Our Civil War, WW I, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq (both times & in between), Libya, & Afghanistan (after the rout of AQ/Taliban) were not worth the human cost, in my view. The juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

I see a sense of futility & resentment in his comments & a disdain for the politicians who unleashed the carnage.
I mostly agree with you, Old Salt. (Let's put that comment in the hopper....)

But Soldiers who were sent to France in 1917 and died fighting in a war we had no dog in......they weren't suckers for joining up or losers for getting killed. Those were the soldiers Trump refused to honor as POTUS. No dancing girls. No Roaring crowds. No drama. He just had to stand in the rain and look like he was empathetic. What a waste of time!

Trump feels differently about people who join the services than you and I do. Here is an article that looks at this from a pro-services but not anti-Trump POV. You might like....
When Donald Trump made a brief visit to troops in Iraq at Christmas 2018, he denigrated their service to their faces, repeating this parasitic, transactional attitude toward sacrifice. He explained to the assembled audience of soldiers that they were sent there as “suckers,” but that he was going to fix it.

“If they want us to do the fighting, they also have to pay a price — and sometimes that’s also a monetary price — so we’re not the suckers of the world. We’re no longer the suckers, folks. And people aren’t looking at us as suckers.”

No more alliances. No more communal, shared values. In MAGALand, the “Free World” gets a new price tag. Sacrifice is for chumps.
https://www.politicalorphans.com/suckers-and-losers/
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: He's a product of the "60's & '70's anti-war generation too.
Except that the record shows he had his father pay a podiatrist to falsely diagnose bone spurs as a way to avoid being drafted. He didn't declare himself a C.O., flee to Canada or do what Muhammad Ali did and declare his public opposition to the war and that he would not serve. He was vindicated by the courts. Hell, DOPUS didn't even protest but rather denigrated all of those who did serve, died or were wounded as "losers and suckers". I'm sure he also had bad things to say about protestors as well. That's the dickwad that he is, and always has been.

All of them served and were told the same lies by their politicians and leaders.

Can we also assume that you support today's crack about General Officers being servants of the military-industrial complex?
Last edited by Kismet on Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:09 pm

Also confirmed by CNN:

Why?

But Soldiers who were sent to France in 1917 and died fighting in a war we had no dog in......they weren't suckers for joining up or losers for getting killed. Those were the soldiers Trump refused to honor as POTUS. No dancing girls. No Roaring crowds. No drama. He just had to stand in the rain and look like he was empathetic. What a waste of time!

Trump feels differently about people who join the services than you and I do. Here is an article that looks at this from a pro-services but not anti-Trump POV. You might like....
When Donald Trump made a brief visit to troops in Iraq at Christmas 2018, he denigrated their service to their faces, repeating this parasitic, transactional attitude toward sacrifice. He explained to the assembled audience of soldiers that they were sent there as “suckers,” but that he was going to fix it.

“If they want us to do the fighting, they also have to pay a price — and sometimes that’s also a monetary price — so we’re not the suckers of the world. We’re no longer the suckers, folks. And people aren’t looking at us as suckers.”

No more alliances. No more communal, shared values. In MAGALand, the “Free World” gets a new price tag. Sacrifice is for chumps.
I have no idea why someone would doubt that Trump said it and I have an even harder time understanding how someone would believe Trump didn’t mean it. It is who he is and who he has always been. He is the same guy that said if he ran for President it would be as a Republican because they are stupid....the same guy that said he loves the unintelligent....of course Trump called them losers and suckers.....but don’t kneel.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:09 pm

Also confirmed by CNN:

Why?

I don't disagree that Trump is transactional, lacks empathy & has no sense of service. That does not mean he doesn't care for the troops.
He's sees the troops as being misused & played for suckers, for being sent into optional wars, by feckless politicians. While I understand (& share) the troops sense of duty to our country, I agree with Trump's bottom line transactional analysis. I just wouldn't share that view as a military leader or as the CinC, but I would let it guide me in my decisions regarding the use of our military & in our policies, strategies & dealings with our allies.

Based on the evidence & statements of other officials present, I'm confident that Trump would have made the trip if the helo could have flown. He followed the urging of the Secret Service & of Gen Kelly to not make that trip, & went to a closer cemetery, already scheduled, the next day.
I think he resented Kelly for boxing him in by planning to visit that distant USMC cemetery, when there were other closer cemeteries he could have visited, with less security disruption, as other foreign leaders did.

Keep in mind that Gen Kelly subsequently went to bat for Trump (& took considerable heat) in defending him vs the empty barrel Cowgirl Congresswoman who highjacked the CinC's conversation with a soldier's widow. Kelly did that AFTER Trump's supposed comments in Paris & at Kellys son's grave site. Kelly hasn't confirmed this stuff & his aide just refuted it.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:14 pm
Except that the record shows he had his father pay a podiatrist to falsely diagnose bone spurs as a way to avoid being drafted. He didn't declare himself a C.O., flee to Canada or do what Muhammad Ali did and declare his public opposition to the war and that he would not serve. Hell, he didn't even protest but rather denigrated all of those who did serve, died or were wounded as "losers and suckers". I'm sure he also had bad things to say about protestors as well. That's the dickwad that he is, and always has been.

All of them served and were told the same lies by their politicians and leaders.

Can we also assume that you support today's crack about General Officers being servants of the military-industrial complex?
...& you're the guy who mocked W as a draft dodger for flying F-102's for the TX ANG.

I don't recall your fury at Clinton for his lying letter to the AK ROTC in which he expressed his loathing for the military.

There's a lot of retired flag officers working for defense contractors.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:39 pm
Except that the record shows he had his father pay a podiatrist to falsely diagnose bone spurs as a way to avoid being drafted. He didn't declare himself a C.O., flee to Canada or do what Muhammad Ali did and declare his public opposition to the war and that he would not serve. Hell, he didn't even protest but rather denigrated all of those who did serve, died or were wounded as "losers and suckers". I'm sure he also had bad things to say about protestors as well. That's the dickwad that he is, and always has been.

...& you're the guy who mocked W as a draft dodger for flying F-102's for the TX ANG.

I don't recall your fury at Clinton for his lying letter to the AK ROTC in which he expressed his loathing for the military.

Please provide a link to anywhere here where I said any of the things you falsely attribute to me - all of my posts here reference the lame excuses you post here seemingly on a daily basis ostensibly just to troll those with whom you disagree.

Then again, I would not expect anything less - you bar is apparently as low as your hero DOPUS.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Kelly’s aide says he didn’t hear the comments, which is different than refuting them.

That doesn’t rule out that Trump made the comments to Kelly when the aide wasn’t present. Or that Trump made at least some of the comments to someone else. The aide does not say he was by Trump’s side at all relevant times.

I didn’t hear the comments either, but that doesn’t provide Trump any support.

The jury of public opinion has returned their verdict on this. He said it. Trumpists don’t care. They don’t care about anything really.
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:45 pm Kelly’s aide says he didn’t hear the comments, which is different than refuting them.

That doesn’t rule out that Trump made the comments to Kelly when the aide wasn’t present. Or that Trump made at least some of the comments to someone else. The aide does not say he was by Trump’s side at all relevant times.

The jury of public opinion has returned their verdict on this. He said it. Trumpists don’t care. They don’t care about anything really.
Kelly could confirm it. He has not. He stayed on the job after Trump supposedly said all those things & has now trashed him.

This hit job is running out of steam. Cohen's book is the hit piece d'jour.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:39 pm

Just look at Carlyle Group
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:31 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:25 pm not if having any issues would hurt Trump or insult Putin...
All you care about is rhetoric. Trump has done more to contain & counter Russia than any President since Reagan (vs the USSR)
More propaganda from RT.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:52 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:45 pm Kelly’s aide says he didn’t hear the comments, which is different than refuting them.

Kelly could confirm it. He has not. He stayed on the job after Trump supposedly said all those things & has now trashed him.

This hit job is running out of steam. Cohen's book is the hit piece d'jour.
uh huh, Kelly's silence does appear to speak volumes.
How hard would it be to deny the report? But he hasn't...

Let's be real clear here, if Trump admitted he said it, or there was a tape of him saying it, you'd excuse it...
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”