Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:05 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:39 pm How is the systemic racism in Baltimore's private school system going mdlaxfan?

How many blacks work at US lacrosse?

exactly

better pick up the phone.

Meanwhile, head in the sand man, query for you. How many of the following bands have you listened to?"

METRIC

Slightly Stoopid

Courtney Barnett & Kurt Vile

Future Islands

Khruangbin

Still Corners

Thievery Corporation

Lissie

Final question........do you watch the HILLS show "The Rising" ?
All of that music stinks.
:lol: :roll:
I assume I'm too old or too out of the music scene to have any such opinions...relevance to anything on this thread?
Typical RRR.

RRR, why do you ask me either of those questions?
Would you actually care what I responded?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:27 am
Brooklyn wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:54 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:12 pm I was referring to members here on the board, not Obama.
OK, sorry - thought you were parroting their claim.

Come to think of it, I posed that same challenge to the right winger on LP. Am still waiting for them to present eivdence that Obama hates white people like those delusionals claimed.
Still waiting for "Dreams of my Mother" book...you know, his white mom?

But, umm.....his 20 year membership and friendship in a racist hate filled "church" is enough evidence for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekGnjkVe-nE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeNa69uyYW0

Such a phony.

I thought he was Muslim!!!!! Why was he selling bean pies? He looked sharp in his bow tie and pork pie hat. I saw him in Codman Square.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:38 am I can see the main stream news report now: White officers chase black man on bicycle and jump him: https://www.reddit.com/r/JusticeServed/ ... t_of_fdny/
Apparently those were firefighters who chased the snatch and grab thief down. Good job fellas.

Let me ask the question that's been bothering me about some of the posts that Trump supporters have been posting.

Is it the logic of these various posts that because there's crime in America, that justifies police abuse?

That certainly appears to this reader to be the logic. Serious question.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

The NBA owners will eventually draw a line in the sand. The only thing keeping the teams afloat (for the time being) is international viewers, who are unaware and frankly don't care about slogans on the back of shirts or whether Jacob Blake is a rapist. Without international, the NBA would be on life support.

Americans have been falling progressively out of love with the NBA, for instance, and the pandemic has only exacerbated an already difficult situation. TV ratings, mediocre after the season restarted, are down collectively by 40 percent on the TNT network, and 20 percent on ESPN, since their peak nearly a decade ago. Even more troubling is that the league’s network TV premium broadcasts ratings on ABC are off by 45 percent, what a former public relations executive for the NBA describes as a “cratering” of viewership.

https://www.city-journal.org/nba-mlb-bo ... ves-matter

Predictable ending here, folks. Use your brains.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

yeah, the sport really is too black...

Only thing keeping the NBA afloat are international viewers who don't care about the color of the players...
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:27 am

Still waiting for "Dreams of my Mother" book...you know, his white mom?

But, umm.....his 20 year membership and friendship in a racist hate filled "church" is enough evidence for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekGnjkVe-nE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeNa69uyYW0

Such a phony.

Yeah, unlike tRUMP being palzy walzy with the Falwell's who are well known for being bigoted Jew haters:

https://forward.com/fast-forward/432715 ... ox-sports/
https://jewishweek.timesofisrael.com/fa ... h-villain/
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:40 am
I thought he was Muslim!!!!! Why was he selling bean pies? He looked sharp in his bow tie and pork pie hat. I saw him in Codman Square.

He is!

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:15 am yeah, the sport really is too black...

Only thing keeping the NBA afloat are international viewers who don't care about the color of the players...

Maybe fans tune into sport to see sport as entertainment and not get lectures with viewpoints that are far more nuanced than printing a rapist’s name on your jersey.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:46 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:38 am I can see the main stream news report now: White officers chase black man on bicycle and jump him: https://www.reddit.com/r/JusticeServed/ ... t_of_fdny/
Apparently those were firefighters who chased the snatch and grab thief down. Good job fellas.

Let me ask the question that's been bothering me about some of the posts that Trump supporters have been posting.

Is it the logic of these various posts that because there's crime in America, that justifies police abuse?

Serious answer....No, its that there are bad people... people struggling with issues we often know nothing about, in this world, that cause irrational behavior at times...full stop. My point in posting the above, this is during the BLM movement, in front of a fire department, and still the brazen idiocy of an enraged criminal. Do you think reparations or a defunded police force would have made him not do this? All this protesting is not going to solve crap...there are idiots out there, of all walks of life.

Shittin' on the police is a poor excuse and low hanging fruit. The irrational, believe police can not make mistakes, and yet, will shitz on them for lack of training, and a union that looks the other way in the rare instances they make a mistake. Maybe we should defund criminals and their families.... take more taxes from them, do not provide as much SNAP money to them...sound fair, no? ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

I watching a little of the Rochester riots last night. This black women speaker talked about how Rochester policemen made $100,000÷ and some only had a GED, while workers in a dollar store only made around $20,000.

I was sort of wondering if the regular policeman in Rochester actually makes $100,000. I would expect the ranked officers to get that much, and perhaps the 20 year veterans might get near that amount. Being a policeman is a tough job and requires a fair amount of additional training.

I also thought the woman talking about a GED in such a condescending manner must be insulting a few people in the crowd. A lot of inner city blacks don't finish high school, and going back and getting a GED is a nice achievement for them. In the end, if they can use the GED to get a well paying job isn't that a positive? Of course this is true for people of any race.
Live Free or Die!
Typical Lax Dad

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:41 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:40 am

He is!

I knew it!! Was that during the Hajj? Did R cubed send you that!!
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:52 am https://imagez.tmz.com/image/cf/4by3/20 ... 976_xl.jpg

I believe RRR is his fashion designer and media consultant. Heck, he is likely his spiritual counselor as well. Oh wait, that's Petey's role. :lol:

Typical Lax Dad

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:55 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:52 am https://imagez.tmz.com/image/cf/4by3/20 ... 976_xl.jpg

I believe RRR is his fashion designer and media consultant. Heck, he is likely his spiritual counselor as well. Oh wait, that's Petey's role. :lol:
And Barry isn’t really black either. He fooled those Nation of Islam people..,, Just ask R cubed.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:19 pm

And Barry isn’t really black either. He fooled those Nation of Islam people..,, Just ask R cubed.

What? Didn't you know? He was born in Africa. Doesn't that make him so? It certainly means he isn't American. I think ...

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:09 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:15 am yeah, the sport really is too black...

Maybe fans tune into sport to see sport as entertainment and not get lectures with viewpoints that are far more nuanced than printing a rapist’s name on your jersey.
right, that's what has "fans" all hot and bothered. :roll:

You mean white American fans, right?
You know, "real Americans" like your pals.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:23 am

Serious answer....No, its that there are bad people... people struggling with issues we often know nothing about, in this world, that cause irrational behavior at times...full stop. My point in posting the above, this is during the BLM movement, in front of a fire department, and still the brazen idiocy of an enraged criminal. Do you think reparations or a defunded police force would have made him not do this? All this protesting is not going to solve dump...there are idiots out there, of all walks of life.

Shittin' on the police is a poor excuse and low hanging fruit. The irrational, believe police can not make mistakes, and yet, will shitz on them for lack of training, and a union that looks the other way in the rare instances they make a mistake. Maybe we should defund criminals and their families.... take more taxes from them, do not provide as much SNAP money to them...sound fair, no? ;)
hmmm, let's see, you're saying that criminals are "irrational" and police are too? at times?

First of all, a snatch and grab thief isn't thinking about BLM when he attempts his crime. He's a thief, not a protestor. It confounds me why anyone would mix the two matters, except in some sort of convoluted way as to say bad people exist, therefore bad people should be expected to exist in police departments, and...here's the real rub...we shouldn't make a big deal about the latter.

Of course police will make mistakes.
The problem which is systemic is when "mistakes" are swept under the rug, lied about by the police as a whole. When policemen who make egregious such "mistakes" are allowed to continue to carry a badge and gun, with the assumed authority of the law behind them, rather than told to go get another job without such power. When those who actually commit crimes with that badge as their authority are not prosecuted for those crimes. When potential evidence of such crimes is withheld from public view, but when potentially exculpatory evidence would be rushed to public view, when policeman with a pattern of offensive conduct are enabled to move from police department to police department without their record of past misdeeds following them...do I need to go on?

Good police don't like any of the above. And there's lots of good police.
But the systemic issues persist, the bad actors are allowed to continue in positions of power over their fellow citizens.

Time to change that.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:43 pm

I've never been a real NBA fan so I'm probably not a great demographic; I doubt I've watched even 5 minutes since Jordan retired. But what I mean is not white fans nor black fans, just fans. Fans are tuning out. My gut tells me they are both bored with the NBA as currently constituted, and many (white and black) don't love being preached to when what they're paying for is entertainment. Numbers don't lie, MD, no matter how woke you beg or claim to be.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:12 pm

I've never been a real NBA fan so I'm probably not a great demographic; I doubt I've watched even 5 minutes since Jordan retired. But what I mean is not white fans nor black fans, just fans. Fans are tuning out. My gut tells me they are both bored with the NBA as currently constituted, and many (white and black) don't love being preached to when what they're paying for is entertainment. Numbers don't lie, MD, no matter how woke you beg or claim to be.
Most fans I have talked to love the level of play in the bubble. The games have been compelling. My son just told me yesterday that the bubble is the best thing to happen to the NBA go figure. I am going to ask another buddy who is basically retired that became an NBA fan a few years ago what he thinks of the NBA. He was a money manager for GWB. He even planted a tree with Bush in the Whitehouse lawn. One of my best friends.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:18 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:12 pm

Most fans I have talked to love the level of play in the bubble. The games have been compelling. My son just told me yesterday that the bubble is the best thing to happen to the NBA go figure. I am going to ask another buddy who is basically retired that became an NBA fan a few years ago what he thinks of the NBA. He was a money manager for GWB. He even planted a tree with Bush in the Whitehouse lawn. One of my best friends.

I love the fan-less PGA on television, so I'm sure there are some NBA fans who love the bubble too. But the numbers are the numbers, they don't lie. If PGA players started wearing Jacob Blake's name on their RBC/NetJets shirts, I'd probably tune them out as well. Nothing to do with race., all to do with how we spend our entertainment dollars and what we expect in return. Some would tune in. Some would tune out. More would tune out than tune in.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

You have asked the 64 grand question that is complicated to answer. IMO too many police officers develop their more nasty demeanor from an inability to adjust to the stress of the job. When your patrolling in the toughest crime areas of your city every day you are interacting with some pretty ornery people. These folks have never respected the police because of the generations old cat and mouse game of cops and robbers. They want to commit crimes. The cops want to throw them in jail. I will not to justify the police being abusive to anyone. The fact is they are frequently on the receiving end of all kinds of abusive and violent behavior every day. Some officers can adapt to it and be professional on the job. Then there are the officers who take it personally and become vindictive to the people they are suppose to serve and protect.

I have spoken here often about my nephew. He was so very proud to be a cop and he went in to the job bright eyed and bushy tailed. He was honestly dedicated to wanting to help people. Five years later and he was an alcoholic, suicidal mess of a human being. It was a long and nasty road that brought him there. His situation should have been addressed by superiors long before he got where he was. In combat it is called PTSD. Eventually you go home you leave the service and you get help from the VA. When your a cop, your pride and maybe macho attitude forces you to go to work the next day. Your ticked and angry inside because nothing you do while on the job matters to anyone or makes a difference in the lives of the people you are there to serve. Your bad attitude tags along with you on every shift. In the long run, it makes you a police officer with the most unacceptable behavior possible... indifference to the people you serve.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”