All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

MDlaxfan76

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:53 pm [i]
yuck, sending them home to their parents and grandparents[/i]...

No good options. If they stay, the kids will light up the college town.

Big story in the nyt today about how many counties that are home to big colleges are spiking.
Tru dat, all.

Unfortunately, should not have brought them to campus in the first place, at least not to the point of not being able to fully quarantine. My alma mater started with two classes, just freshmen and seniors, in order to have room to adjust...dunno whether that'll work, but at least they were planning for the contingency.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:44 pm South Dakota has had a steep trajectory on cases and deaths these past couple of months, independent of Sturgis, but coming from a low base back in May.

The first death specifically tied to Sturgis was a couple of days ago...you typically see deaths crank up from an outbreak with a 5 week lag.

But no worries, South Dakota has more big events...
Where are you getting your information from?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
CU77

Post by CU77 »

David Frum comparing Canada to the US.
On my first day home, September 3, my city of Washington, D.C.—population 705,000—reported 58 new COVID-19 cases. That same day, the province of Ontario, which I had just left—population 14.57 million—reported 132 new positive tests.*
It did not have to be this way. But as Trump aptly said of himself and his policy, “It is what it is.” He accepted more disease in hopes of stimulating a stronger economy and winning reelection. He’s waiting now for the return on that bet. As so often in his reckless career, his speculation seems to be that if the bet wins, he pockets the proceeds. And if the bet fails? The losses fall on others.

As a businessman, he played with other people’s money. As a politician, the stakes have been other people’s lives. In both his careers, his gambles have usually failed.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... al/616126/
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

RedFromMI wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:37 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:43 am Image

Imagine what our right wing delusional pals would be saying if this had been Obama. :lol:
And I believe he tweeted either the day before or just that day about how hard he was at work for the campaign...
Tough crowd....the guy works more hours ina week than you all do in 2, and he cant have chill day. Tough crowd.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU77 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:30 pm David Frum comparing Canada to the US.
On my first day home, September 3, my city of Washington, D.C.—population 705,000—reported 58 new COVID-19 cases. That same day, the province of Ontario, which I had just left—population 14.57 million—reported 132 new positive tests.*
It did not have to be this way. But as Trump aptly said of himself and his policy, “It is what it is.” He accepted more disease in hopes of stimulating a stronger economy and winning reelection. He’s waiting now for the return on that bet. As so often in his reckless career, his speculation seems to be that if the bet wins, he pockets the proceeds. And if the bet fails? The losses fall on others.

As a businessman, he played with other people’s money. As a politician, the stakes have been other people’s lives. In both his careers, his gambles have usually failed.
Had this not been an election year, we LIKELY would have had a different federal response.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:03 pm

Had this not been an election year, we LIKELY would have had a different federal response.
Well, all the PPE problems will go away after Biden is elected.

You'all remember that 69 page pandemic report (which NONE of you read, you would have NEVER defended it, if you did ).......stuff like that will help solve this.

Where does Canada get it's PPE's from?
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:08 pm

You'all remember that 69 page pandemic report (which NONE of you read, you would have NEVER defended it, if you did ).......stuff like that will help solve this.

Don’t know and don’t care.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:17 pm

than why are you commenting?

in other words....you and yours know nothing about how the virus spreads.

So. let's break down the Ontario province and why the have such a "low" positive number. why? don't care about that either? What is Ontario doing that Washington DC isn't? Tell us...or just go away
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:23 pm

So. let's break down the Ontario province and why the have such a "low" positive number. why? don't care about that either? What is Ontario doing that Washington DC isn't? Tell us...or just go away
I don’t care where Canada gets their PPE.. What are you going to do about it? You have supply?

Here you go sport: https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/covid ... -1.4941097
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

NOT...interested in reading opinions pawned off as news.

black face Truduae is doing better job than.....IS this the narrative?

you are NOT interested in why they aren't testing? or, they are just magic Canadadians >
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:34 pm More here sport: https://www.ontario.ca/page/reopening-ontario-stages
Clicked on this .....useless in terms of how they are stopping the spread.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:29 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:23 pm

I don’t care where Canada gets their PPE.. What are you going to do about it? You have supply?

Here you go sport: https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/covid ... -1.4941097
didn't think you could top the useless links you constantly provide.............if you could, please, cutNpaste the part of this article where the measures Canada is using is the reason why they have such a low level of v19 positives.

anyone else remember one hitters O Positive?
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:40 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:34 pm More here sport: https://www.ontario.ca/page/reopening-ontario-stages
Nope. Not useless at all. Because Canadians can follow basic instructions from their leaders.

The difference is: the Canadian government is dealing with Canadian citizens. If the Canadian government had to deal with Americans? You're right. That list would be useless.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

What’s useless about it? There is no such thing as “stopping it” other than a complete shutdown for 2 to 3 weeks. Complete. And this would have to be done everywhere simultaneously. No transmission and the virus dies. Otherwise the best you can do is limit the spread. If you have a better idea, let the world know. People will appreciate it. Why just communicate on a lacrosse board of all places. You really won’t get much coverage.

You could drive up to Canada and check it out yourself....oh you can’t get into their country because they don’t like your boy Trump.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Well haters, Florida is back.

Sorry.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

Also Trump will win Florida by no less than 5 points.

Next.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:45 pm
Nope. Not useless at all. Because Canadians can follow basic instructions from their leaders.

The difference is: the Canadian government is dealing with Canadian citizens. If the Canadian government had to deal with Americans? You're right. That list would be useless.
amazoning........as in amazing.

Ontario is testing, per capita, same average....as Washington DC??? Where do the links say this stat?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

So, when our "leaders" Dr. Fauci, the Event 201 folks, Bill Gates, World health organization, etc..........said masks were not needed, this is our elected officials responsibility?

That Atlantic link/article is junk. absolute JUNK.

Can anyone provide a link or information as to how many Canucks have been tested for Covid? and more importantly , how many different tests they are using. For that matter, How many tests are there in the USA?

Why so many TESTS? :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:56 pm

So, when our "leaders" Dr. Fauci, the Event 201 folks, Bill Gates, World health organization, etc..........said masks were not needed, this is our elected officials responsibility?

That Atlantic link/article is junk. absolute JUNK.

Can anyone provide a link or information as to how many Canucks have been tested for Covid? and more importantly , how many different tests they are using. For that matter, How many tests are there in the USA?

Why so many TESTS? :roll:
Ask Zack Beauchamp

But they all shared the same view of the difference between the United States and Canada: The Canadian policy response has been orders of magnitude better than the American equivalent.

“We have a federal government that is supporting provinces’ responses,” says David Fisman, an epidemiologist at the University of Toronto. “You have a chief executive who is directly undermining the public health response.”

They don’t like your boy Trump.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”