Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:10 pm [

y

I played D3 basketball and lacrosse at a small liberal arts college. It was a private school. I was a LSM but if I could do it over again, I would have play midfield. My best friend was a goalie and he talked me into playing defense. My high school was public. One of the worst public school systems in the country actually. I coached just a little youth lacrosse. I coaches my son in basketball and didn’t want to be his “year round” coach so I watched. Coaching him in basketball was hard enough. It would not have been healthy to coach him for more than one season in a year. Where did you play?
Ursinus? Trenton State? Montclair state? Western Ct?

WHERE?
[/quote]

Ohio...is WestConn private? I didn’t play football. Some of my hoops teammates played in the NFL though.
[/quote]

Ohio Wesleyan? Or, just in Ohio? lots of lousy D3 Ohio colleges (academically), starting with Oberlin. Why doesn't Ohio University have a lacrosse team? pathetic.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:22 pm

y

I played D3 basketball and lacrosse at a small liberal arts college. It was a private school. I was a LSM but if I could do it over again, I would have play midfield. My best friend was a goalie and he talked me into playing defense. My high school was public. One of the worst public school systems in the country actually. I coached just a little youth lacrosse. I coaches my son in basketball and didn’t want to be his “year round” coach so I watched. Coaching him in basketball was hard enough. It would not have been healthy to coach him for more than one season in a year. Where did you play?

WHERE?
Ohio...is WestConn private? I didn’t play football. Some of my hoops teammates played in the NFL though.
[/quote]

Ohio Wesleyan? Or, just in Ohio? lots of lousy D3 Ohio colleges (academically), starting with Oberlin. Why doesn't Ohio University have a lacrosse team? pathetic.
[/quote]

I don’t know why OU doesn’t have a team. Very good journalism school. Foxes come out of there too. I got some light recruiting interest from them but I had no delusions about my level. My high school coach played there. Miami (of Ohio) seems like a natural for lacrosse. As far as lousy Ohio schools, anything was better than my high school.
“I wish you would!”
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Live Free or Die!
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:30 pm

y

WHERE?
[/quote]

I don’t know why OU doesn’t have a team. Very good journalism school. Foxes come out of there too. I got some light recruiting interest from them but I had no delusions about my level. My high school coach played there. Miami (of Ohio) seems like a natural for lacrosse. As far as lousy Ohio schools, anything was better than my high school.
[/quote]

Why do you not provide what you demand of others.

What is the NAME of the college where you played lacrosse? And name of the High School?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Isn't this part of the systemic racism that everyone is talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzMzFGgmQOc

it's only the hypocrites honey, only them.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:36 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:30 pm

y

WHERE?
[/quote]

Why do you not provide what you demand of others.

What is the NAME of the college where you played lacrosse? And name of the High School?
[/quote]

I asked where.... You can name state, conference or the school...all of which are “where”. However the person wants to distinguish where. I purposely didn’t ask which school. Anyway. Good to see you back. I didn’t demand anything, by the way.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:20 pm A young man at a "top" US college, complaining, without offering ONE solution to his perceived problem........IS....the problem.
You're assuming that he's not doing anything outside of his lacrosse team, RRR.

BTW, for one, he's trying to educate his teammates on racism. In what world is that nothing? Simple conversations can move mountains.

You're also assuming no one here is doing a thing about problems.....while, of course, implying that YOU are.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:02 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:20 pm A young man at a "top" US college, complaining, without offering ONE solution to his perceived problem........IS....the problem.
You're assuming that he's not doing anything outside of his lacrosse team, RRR.

BTW, for one, he's trying to educate his teammates on racism. In what world is that nothing? Simple conversations can move mountains.

You're also assuming no one here is doing a thing about problems.....while, of course, implying that YOU are.
WRONG......his op Ed offers NO solutions. No assumptions on my part. and then you net move and make assumptions on what I am implying. He complains about NO black recruits coming onto his campus. First off, WHY is that even a problem? NESCAC lax players are almost exclusively prep school kids. Why not a cry for more public school lacrosse players at Bowdoin ? Or muslims? Or jews? or lutherans. ....or the poor.

The number one problem in this country is income inequality...........not racism. yet, you oligarch lovers fall for the racism dangling mouse, over and over and over.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:59 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:13 am Andy Tifa’s feet catch on fire.

https://twitter.com/steveinmanuic/statu ... 41632?s=21

For Sunday humor, please watch with sound up.

:lol: :lol:
A human being on fire......SO funny. :arrow: :arrow:

To all who engage with Peter Brown and his hate...............how are YOU different?

Regarding Andy Tifa and his self immolating feet, I wonder how many police would have been injured had he been successful. You know, those bad cops who ended up putting out the fire and saving him.

Anyway, only 7% of him burned. I’m reliably informed by the NYT that 93% of the protests are peaceful so they’re all good, so he’s good, right?! :lol: Burn baby burn.

Karma, baby!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Such a pleasure to have RRR back...
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

How is the systemic racism in Baltimore's private school system going mdlaxfan?

How many blacks work at US lacrosse?

exactly

better pick up the phone.

Meanwhile, head in the sand man, query for you. How many of the following bands have you listened to?"

METRIC

Slightly Stoopid

Courtney Barnett & Kurt Vile

Future Islands

Khruangbin

Still Corners

Thievery Corporation

Lissie

Final question........do you watch the HILLS show "The Rising" ?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:39 pm How is the systemic racism in Baltimore's private school system going mdlaxfan?

exactly

EC73E455-8B60-498E-834F-2699C0537CEF.jpeg
EC73E455-8B60-498E-834F-2699C0537CEF.jpeg (76.6 KiB) Viewed 424 times
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Libs provide all the great humor.

A33A7B39-9E5C-4BF3-AA00-E6D90C4556D0.jpeg
A33A7B39-9E5C-4BF3-AA00-E6D90C4556D0.jpeg (53.8 KiB) Viewed 408 times

Too good. :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:39 pm How is the systemic racism in Baltimore's private school system going mdlaxfan?

exactly

Meanwhile, head in the sand man, query for you. How many of the following bands have you listened to?"

METRIC

Slightly Stoopid

Courtney Barnett & Kurt Vile

Future Islands

Khruangbin

Still Corners

Thievery Corporation

Lissie

Final question........do you watch the HILLS show "The Rising" ?
All of that music stinks.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:12 pm I was referring to members here on the board, not Obama.
OK, sorry - thought you were parroting their claim.

Come to think of it, I posed that same challenge to the right winger on LP. Am still waiting for them to present eivdence that Obama hates white people like those delusionals claimed.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:54 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:12 pm I was referring to members here on the board, not Obama.

Come to think of it, I posed that same challenge to the right winger on LP. Am still waiting for them to present eivdence that Obama hates white people like those delusionals claimed.
He’s a member of the Nation of Islam. I saw him selling bean pies in Boston.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:54 pm

Still waiting for "Dreams of my Mother" book...you know, his white mom?

But, umm.....his 20 year membership and friendship in a racist hate filled "church" is enough evidence for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekGnjkVe-nE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeNa69uyYW0

Such a phony.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NYC is 3rd World. Congrats, Democrats.

Didn’t take de Blasio long, did it?

https://twitter.com/jfnyc1/status/13029 ... 08704?s=21
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ABC7: 40 shot, 6 dead in Labor Day weekend shootings in Chicago

Lori Lightfoot competes with de Blasio and Garcetti for worst American mayor. Tight race.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I can see the main stream news report now: White officers chase black man on bicycle and jump him: https://www.reddit.com/r/JusticeServed/ ... t_of_fdny/
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”