Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by runrussellrun »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:13 am Andy Tifa’s feet catch on fire.

https://twitter.com/steveinmanuic/statu ... 41632?s=21

For Sunday humor, please watch with sound up.

:lol: :lol:
A human being on fire......SO funny. :arrow: :arrow:

To all who engage with Peter Brown and his hate...............how are YOU different?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:17 am
sorry, that kid simply doesn't face the same system-wide issues for the rest of his life, including from those with the most power..

But don't get us wrong, no one is giving a pass on abuse of that kid. It's not ok.
But it's not close to the same.
That is why a lot of people feel
overburdened
when discussing race with people like you. Liberal-types like you almost have a religious fervor concerning it, and are very self righteous about it. You aren't really into discussing race but are more into coercing people to believe as you do (indoctrination).

One can sort of guess, that with the Bowdoin team meetings on race, that the first meeting was good for discussing the basic do's and don'ts w.r.t. race, but the second got more politicized and caused divisiveness, not really a good thing for a team.

I would have to hear the other side concerning this kid before making any decision. Certainly, the two racial comments were insensitive and incorrect, but one might expect a few such things to be said over the course of 3 years by young adults. If it was a more continual racial harassment, I would feel much differently.

I don't really think that your calling Peter Brown a troll because his political views differ from yours is very exemplary.
Live Free or Die!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:59 am

To all who engage with Peter Brown and his hate...............how are YOU different?

Triple R out of the penalty box.

I don’t know what’s funnier, Triple R being back or Andy Tifa catching 🔥 before he can toss the Molotov at the police! Either one is 🤣 !!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Cooter wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:15 pm
sorry, that kid simply doesn't face the same system-wide issues for the rest of his life, including from those with the most power..

But don't get us wrong, no one is giving a pass on abuse of that kid. It's not ok.
overburdened
when discussing race with people like you. Liberal-types like you almost have a religious fervor concerning it, and are very self righteous about it. You aren't really into discussing race but are more into coercing people to believe as you do (indoctrination).

One can sort of guess, that with the Bowdoin team meetings on race, that the first meeting was good for discussing the basic do's and don'ts w.r.t. race, but the second got more politicized and caused divisiveness, not really a good thing for a team.

I would have to hear the other side concerning this kid before making any decision. Certainly, the two racial comments were insensitive and incorrect, but one might expect a few such things to be said over the course of 3 years by young adults. If it was a more continual racial harassment, I would feel much differently.

I don't really think that your calling Peter Brown a troll because his political views differ from yours is very exemplary.

We as a nation are walking around with a lethal dose of poison in our body. It’s called “social justice”. It’s being pushed now by every cultural institution and every woke wannabe like MD. We will not survive this unless it’s stopped.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:18 pm

I don’t know what’s funnier, Triple R being back or Andy Tifa catching 🔥 before he can toss the Molotov at the police! Either one is 🤣 !!
Not sure of when this event actually took place......but, there was an 8 team lacrosse tournament of "top" High school clubs Finalist were well known teams, coached by well known former college players. Both finalists had margins of victory so loopsided, outscoring other opponents , something like, 30 Goals for, 5 Goals against, not including the finals. Is it any wonder why johnny repeat gets recruited, when johniies "high" lite video is against weak competition, and then stumbles in college?

PeterBrown, YOU are being targeted because you are an easy defeat. Look at how many people engage with you.......they want the easy win. The confidence.

BUT.....it speaks more about THEM, than YOU.

Now, where is that Monican Cannon Gates video....the one I DIRECTLY quoted? (remember, THAT video is STILL on this website. Still is.....)

This is why the pretends fail.

https://tbdailynews.com/boston-globe-pu ... on-monday/
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:34 pm

Not sure of when this event actually took place......but, there was an 8 team lacrosse tournament of "top" High school clubs Finalist were well known teams, coached by well known former college players. Both finalists had margins of victory so loopsided, outscoring other opponents , something like, 30 Goals for, 5 Goals against, not including the finals. Is it any wonder why johnny repeat gets recruited, when johniies "high" lite video is against weak competition, and then stumbles in college?

PeterBrown, YOU are being targeted because you are an easy defeat. Look at how many people engage with you.......they want the easy win. The confidence.

Now, where is that Monican Cannon Gates video....the one I DIRECTLY quoted? (remember, THAT video is STILL on this website. Still is.....)

I can go on about old lacrosse players playing down for hours. Hope all is good with you.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Come see me 11-4 to discuss “easy defeats”.

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:56 pm

I can go on about old lacrosse players playing down for hours. Hope all is good with you.
Why can one race use a word, but others races can not? Hate is hate. words are words.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:26 pm

Why can one race use a word, but others races can not? Hate is hate. words are words.
Who knows.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:14 am

So someone cannot be racist against another ethnic group because they have that ethnicity “in them.”
Go ahead - show all your proof that Obama is racist against whites.

I'll wait ...
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:27 pm

Who knows.
such an issue solver.....way to go :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:39 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:27 pm

Who knows.
such an issue solver.....way to go :roll:
Thanks.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:32 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:14 am

So someone cannot be racist against another ethnic group because they have that ethnicity “in them.”
Go ahead - show all your proof that Obama is racist against whites.

I'll wait ...
I was referring to members here on the board, not Obama.

Something to ponder:
One wasn’t long in learning that she thought
Whatever else the Civil War was for
It wasn’t just to keep the States together,
Nor just to free the slaves, though it did both.
She wouldn’t have believed those ends enough
To have given outright for them all she gave.
Her giving somehow touched the principle
That all men are created free and equal.

That’s a hard mystery of Jefferson’s.
What did he mean? Of course the easy way
Is to decide it simply isn’t true.
It may not be. I heard a fellow say so.
But never mind, the Welshman got it planted
Where it will trouble us a thousand years.
Each age will have to reconsider it.

But how could they be made so very unlike
By the same hand working in the same stuff?

Strange how such innocence gets its own way.
I shouldn’t be surprised if in this world
It were the force that would at last prevail.
Robert Frost
from The Black Cottage
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

overburdened

nah, he really is a troll, both on the Hopkins thread and on these political threads.
I agree it's not a pleasant thing to say, but "it is what it is".

So, now I'm a "liberal"?... because I acknowledge that my experience as a white man has undoubtedly been different than that of a black man of my generation? yes, on the basis of our race alone. Or perhaps because I acknowledge that these differences in reality exist today? Or is it that I do think there's a long legacy of institutionalized racism throughout our history, into my lifetime, and persisting today?

Well, on this I'll agree as to being in the classical understanding of "liberal", indeed reflecting the founding principles, if not practices, of our country.

Perhaps not what you meant, but I'll agree in that sense.

I certainly also agree with you that it would be interesting to understand more about others' perspectives from the team, but I certainly give huge weight to the perspective of what is like to be black as a Bowdoin lax player from a guy who actually IS black player on that team.

Sure, the reality of our world is that a black player should probably anticipate to hear some racially charged, "insensitive and incorrect" comments when in an a mostly white setting like this one. But that's the whole point. It should not happen at all, period, and his teammates have an opportunity to either embrace that change or they can choose to reject it, ignore it, turn away from it because it's uncomfortable.

My goddaughter's brother is a Bowdoin lax grad during the past 10 years. I'm close with all three of my best man's kids, all of whom played lax in college. I'm darn sure of where his head would be on this topic, he'd be supporting this team member's desire to confront the issues with his teammates thoroughly. Just as I'm sure where his two siblings' and my son's heads would be.

That's the good news, many of these young people are willing to do the uncomfortable work. But not all.

So, look into your own heart a bit, Coot. Why did you assume he was probably on scholarship?
You can't claim you didn't know that there are no DIII athletic scholarships...so why?
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:17 pm

overburdened

nah, he really is a troll, both on the Hopkins thread and on these political threads.
I agree it's not a pleasant thing to say, but "it is what it is".

So, now I'm a "liberal"?... because I acknowledge that my experience as a white man has undoubtedly been different than that of a black man of my generation? yes, on the basis of our race alone. Or perhaps because I acknowledge that these differences in reality exist today? Or is it that I do think there's a long legacy of institutionalized racism throughout our history, into my lifetime, and persisting today?

Well, on this I'll agree as to being in the classical understanding of "liberal", indeed reflecting the founding principles, if not practices, of our country.

Perhaps not what you meant, but I'll agree in that sense.

I certainly also agree with you that it would be interesting to understand more about others' perspectives from the team, but I certainly give huge weight to the perspective of what is like to be black as a Bowdoin lax player from a guy who actually IS black player on that team.

Sure, the reality of our world is that a black player should probably anticipate to hear some racially charged, "insensitive and incorrect" comments when in an a mostly white setting like this one. But that's the whole point. It should not happen at all, period, and his teammates have an opportunity to either embrace that change or they can choose to reject it, ignore it, turn away from it because it's uncomfortable.

My goddaughter's brother is a Bowdoin lax grad during the past 10 years. I'm close with all three of my best man's kids, all of whom played lax in college. I'm darn sure of where his head would be on this topic, he'd be supporting this team member's desire to confront the issues with his teammates thoroughly. Just as I'm sure where his two siblings' and my son's heads would be.

That's the good news, many of these young people are willing to do the uncomfortable work. But not all.

So, look into your own heart a bit, Coot. Why did you assume he was probably on scholarship?
You can't claim you didn't know that there are no DIII athletic scholarships...so why?
Aren’t “they” all on scholarship? There is this pot of money at each school called the “minority money pot”....everyone knows it.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:02 am
Cooter wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:50 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:08 pm
Cooter wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:13 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:21 pm
Cooter wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:03 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:52 pm The idea that the two conversations sufficed "for most of the team" is, well, kind of irrelevant.
Their lives don't matter?
This isolated man is asking for more and further discussion, and is suggested that the generalized characterization of the visiting children as "hoodlums" was insensitive and debasing. You can characterize this as "ripping his teammates;"
Only one player said that.
Of course their lives matter. I’m not sure what you’re trying to convey. I will say, you appear to miss the point.
We are hearing only one person's point of view.
you mean the black guy about the experience of being black?
Cry me a rainbow.
A black guy at a nice college in his senior year. Probably on a nice scholarship too.
There must be 50+ million Americans in worse shape.

If I was a talented white basketball player going to a school where the BB team was all black, I'd be expecting to hear some racial dump from them, and know l'd just have to deal with it.
Where did you play in college and what sport? Where did your kids play?
Where did YOU play lacrosse?

anyone can play football.....btw. did you play that too? Where? What HIGH school did you attend? Private. Religious?
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:38 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:52 pm The idea that the two conversations sufficed "for most of the team" is, well, kind of irrelevant.
This isolated man is asking for more and further discussion, and is suggested that the generalized characterization of the visiting children as "hoodlums" was insensitive and debasing. You can characterize this as "ripping his teammates;"
Of course their lives matter. I’m not sure what you’re trying to convey. I will say, you appear to miss the point.
Cry me a rainbow.
A black guy at a nice college in his senior year. Probably on a nice scholarship too.

If I was a talented white basketball player going to a school where the BB team was all black, I'd be expecting to hear some racial dump from them, and know l'd just have to deal with it.

anyone can play football.....btw. did you play that too? Where? What HIGH school did you attend? Private. Religious?
I played D3 basketball and lacrosse at a small liberal arts college. It was a private school. I was a LSM but if I could do it over again, I would have play midfield. My best friend was a goalie and he talked me into playing defense. My high school was public. One of the worst public school systems in the country actually. I coached just a little youth lacrosse. I coaches my son in basketball and didn’t want to be his “year round” coach so I watched. Coaching him in basketball was hard enough. It would not have been healthy to coach him for more than one season in a year. Where did you play?
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:46 pm
Cry me a rainbow.

I played D3 basketball and lacrosse at a small liberal arts college. It was a private school. I was a LSM but if I could do it over again, I would have play midfield. My best friend was a goalie and he talked me into playing defense. My high school was public. One of the worst public school systems in the country actually. I coached just a little youth lacrosse. I coaches my son in basketball and didn’t want to be his “year round” coach so I watched. Coaching him in basketball was hard enough. It would not have been healthy to coach him for more than one season in a year. Where did you play?
Ursinus? Trenton State? Montclair state? Western Ct?

WHERE?
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:46 pm
Cry me a rainbow.

Ursinus? Trenton State? Montclair state? Western Ct?

WHERE?
Ohio...is WestConn private? I didn’t play football. Some of my hoops teammates played in the NFL though.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:46 pm
Cooter wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:50 am Cry me a rainbow.
So the idea here is, this guy can't advocate for change because he's at a good school? Or complain?

If the bar is "there's always someone is worse shape, so you're not allowed to complaint", let me know when you and every other poster here stop complaining.

Heck, you just complained about this kid putting his fellow players out of sorts because he wanted to discuss race more. There are kids starving in India while you have a full belly today, "therefore" you have no reason to complain about anything, ever.... ;)
Solutions

As the thousands of complaining threads, on this website....proving anyone can complain.

A young man at a "top" US college, complaining, without offering ONE solution to his perceived problem........IS....the problem.

Return to “POLITICS”