Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
SCLaxAttack

Re: Orange Duce

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:19 am
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:30 am
old salt wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:45 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:49 pm....redirect your ire at Trump. He is the one that believes people like you are suckers and losers.
So does every former lax player working on Wall St who passed up an appointment to a service academy. ...& I agree. It was their choice & ours. Everyone has different priorities. Sully, speaking out now, is being hailed as a military hero by people unfamiliar with his short military career. He was a genius & a natural pilot who performed an extraordinary feat of airmanship. He took advantage of a USAFA education, immediate Masters at Purdue, training in the F-4 Phantom, tours in the UK & NV, then bailed out of the Air Force just 7 years after graduation, at the end of his obligated service, for a union airline pilot job. He didn't even continue in the Reserves or Air National Guard, where he could have continued flying Phantoms, in addition to flying for the airlines. Had he stayed in the Air Force, he'd likely have become a General, after commanding fighter squadrons & wings. Fortunately for everyone who landed on the Hudson with him, he made the choice he did. I just don't value his opinion above that of any other fellow veteran.

I could care less about Trump's bluster. I've heard much worse. I judge him on what he's accomplished & his policies. Past, present, & future.
He vowed to keep us out of endless wars & wind down the ones we've been bogged down in. So far, he's following through.
He vowed not to use our forces as global cops & to not defend allies unwilling to defend themselves. So far, he's following through.
He vowed to fix a broken military & a broken VA. So far, he's following through. I care about results not rhetoric.
Trump has accomplished none of that. NONE.

Heck, he nearly started a shooting war with Iran and we have more combat troops in war zones now than when Trump took office.

In the latest results — based on 1,018 active-duty troops surveyed in late July and early August — nearly half of respondents (49.9 percent) had an unfavorable view of the president, compared to about 38 percent who had a favorable view. Questions in the poll had a margin of error of up to 2 percent.

Among all survey participants, 42 percent said they “strongly” disapprove of Trump’s time in office.

... “It’s fair to say that Trump is not as popular as Republican nominees have been in the past among this group,” said Peter Feaver, a White House adviser to former President George W. Bush who now works as a political science professor at Duke University. “The bottom line is that in 2020, Trump can’t be claiming to have overwhelming support in the military.”

... “But the president claims he has been good for the military, that they’re grateful that he has rescued them from the shambles. This shows that’s not the case with all of the military.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... for-biden/

President Trump has repeatedly promised to end what he calls America’s “endless wars,” fulfilling a promise he made during the campaign.

No wars have ended, though, and more troops have deployed to the Middle East in recent months than have come home. Mr. Trump is not so much ending wars, as he is moving troops from one conflict to another.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/21/worl ... Position=1

The only thing he has really accomplished has been to divide the nation and carry out his racist, bigoted, and xenophobic policies, which is really why his base continues to support him.

Admit that and then we can start to have an honest discussion about Trump and your continued support for him.

DocBarrister

Admit that you vehemently oppose charter schools because teacher unions have the Democratic Party by the ba!!hairs, thereby denying black kids the opportunities they and their parents are clamoring for, and that therefore you and your entire Party are unregurgitated racists, then we can start to have an honest conversation.
We have a country whose people are at each other’s throats, nearly 10% unemployment, over half of people on their 20s still living with their parent/s, 1000 people a day dying because our federal government screwed the pooch (and continues to) early in this pandemic, an historic drop in GDP, a president who can’t open his mouth without a lie coming from it and a significant percentage of our citizens not giving a damn that he does, and this azzclown wants to talk about charter schools? This troll is beyond stupid.
LandM

Post by LandM »

DMac,
Thanks for posting your message. I did not have to endure what you guys did but my dad and oldest brother did. Last year in Mass, the priest asked all vets to stand and be recognized during the service. I am shaking my head, my faith is my faith, please do not mix the two. I did not go through what you guys did so I think maybe I would have a different attitude about the whole thing. Not trying to be cold or callous, it was a period in life, got a great education in many ways, did some really cool things and moved on with life, some stayed in and did some amazing things. I do not feel anyone owes me a thanks or anything else. Some of you guys out here should be quoting "Pop" - he has allot more to say then Sully. I wish they would more follow what the Sup said at USAFA after the Prep school incident in 2017 then again, I would hope that everyone would, including the President.

TLD,
Before the CoC thing is hit again, can you please wiki, Google, pull out and dust off the Websters. The CoC is nothing more then an org chart in the civilian organization although there are a few more ramifications in the military like you cannot just quit your job and move on if you are unhappy or you may hurt someone seriously if you do not follow it. But at its basic, is is nothing more than an org chart.

MD,
Saturday Journal it was a page 5 article that said they had not verified anything although they did quote someone from the DHS who did not have anything nice to say about the lowering of the flag for McCain. I should go our and check the on-line version but the weather is nice and the boat is calling and the internet on the lake is spotty.

Best
njbill

Post by njbill »

So while Trump had extra time on his hands two years ago after canceling his trip to the military cemetery (where losers are buried) because the rain was sprinkling and would mess up his hair, he proceeded to loot the ambassador’s residence of artifacts, which he had brought back to the White House.

Trump, the world renowned art expert (“no one knows more about art than I do”), apparently failed to notice that his bounty was largely comprised of replicas and fakes, not worth nearly what he’d thought.

https://apple.news/AZX92oiqnTMmsUwAvoD6Wjw
DMac

Post by DMac »

Azzclown? Thanks for that one, SCLax, I'll surely be using that now and then from here on out.

I don't stand on those kind of occasions, LandM. While I think there's some sincerity involved there sometimes, I'm not looking for any kind of recognition and I really don't want to listen to the phonies' comments afterwards (that's where I think many will say stuff because they feel they're supposed to....artificial lip service...makes me uncomfortable).
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:17 am Gotta remember that Salty's in the tank for Trump no matter what....

What does he really care about?
Russia's influence expands, the US' influence declines.
Biden will be a plus for your family business interests in China.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:02 am
old salt wrote
So does every former lax player working on Wall St who passed up an appointment to a service academy.
While in general I agree with this, salty (although every is kinda like that always and never thing), it's not restricted to ex laxers working on Wall St., IMO. Truth be told, I believe there are a whole lot of people who feel that way. They'll heap all kinds of praise, including labeling them as heros, on our folks in uniform but I believe a whole lot of that is not much more than lip service and just something they believe they're supposed to do/say. That's not just a me thing, I've talked to enough veterans over the years who feel the same way to know I'm not the only one who feels that way. Maybe this has changed over the years but it certainly was the attittude of many when you and I were faced with the going in the military decision, and Trump is one of those of that era who took the most chikenschidt way out and would absolutely look at those who went in as losers and suckers....a leopard can't change its spots.
That's probably fair, that many who make a show of support for the military do so to make themselves appear to be 'good'. "lip service".

Of course, it would not be fair to assume such of all those who did not serve in the military would necessarily be in that crowd, indeed I think there are many folks who have an appreciation with such service, whether through relationships with family members or friends who have served, or otherwise. Often these folks have found other ways to be of service to their communities and country.

It's not entirely surprising that some military folks may have difficulty in recognizing this latter group. A matter of perspective and experience perhaps.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:40 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:17 am Gotta remember that Salty's in the tank for Trump no matter what....

What does he really care about?
Russia's influence expands, the US' influence declines.
Biden will be a plus for your family business interests in China.
:lol:
Yeah, my son works for an international company with operations in both Russia and China, btw. China's definitely bigger, as are several Asian countries for that matter.

Big world out there, Salty.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:39 am

MD,
Saturday Journal it was a page 5 article that said they had not verified anything although they did quote someone from the DHS who did not have anything nice to say about the lowering of the flag for McCain. I should go our and check the on-line version but the weather is nice and the boat is calling and the internet on the lake is spotty.

Best
Same to you.
I just think the WSJ news reporting tends to be quite good, if not trail blazing, and I'd expect them to ultimately confirm what so many others, including Fox, have been able to confirm.

It's awful to have this actually be so believable, but "it is what it is".
DMac

Post by DMac »

I don't think it's everybody by a long shot, MDlax, but plenty enough so as to make me not want to deal with them.
One of my fellow attackmen in HS was/is one of these types, I listened to his phony BS plenty of times. I know him well, will say one thing to your face and a whole different thing behind your back. Priviledged boy, came from a well to do family, kind of guy who wouldn't pass you the ball, particularly if you had more goals than he did, just all about himself. Funny thing, in later years, his son told my son that his father had tried to join the Marines (68) but he couldn't pass the physical and was rejected which is pure BS. Lot of phony people with a lot of BS stories out there, I just choose to avoid 'em, don't want to hear it.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:22 pm I don't think it's everybody by a long shot, MDlax, but plenty enough so as to make me not want to deal with them.
One of my fellow attackmen in HS was/is one of these types, I listened to his phony BS plenty of times. I know him well, will say one thing to your face and a whole different thing behind your back. Priviledged boy, came from a well to do family, kind of guy who wouldn't pass you the ball, particularly if you had more goals than he did, just all about himself. Funny thing, in later years, his son told my son that his father had tried to join the Marines (68) but he couldn't pass the physical and was rejected which is pure BS. Lot of phony people with a lot of BS stories out there, I just choose to avoid 'em, don't want to hear it.
No doubt.
And many of these also become quite hawkish in their views, again less out of actual consideration of the ramifications, the pros and cons of the choices, but out of simply posturing for effect. Not all go there, but it's certainly not uncommon.

However, let's just not paint with too broad a brush...there are lots and lots of people who don't fit that mold.
Including those who had substantial family "privilege".

However, it's a bit more gross when there's such egregious BS from such folks who consciously use their "privilege" to avoid service in a time of war.

To me, there's an even worse level when "privilege" is used to cover or perpetuate a lie to do so.

And then we have those who think others who make a different choice are "suckers"...
ggait

Post by ggait »

You're a fool if you swallow this un-sourced political disinformation.
Confirmed by Atlantic, AP and Fox News. Each of which had multiple sources.

But you're right. We never should believe any anonymous source.

I mean look at what Deep Throat served up on Nixon. Complete BS. Total fiction.

P.S. The Atlantic's Goldberg was on the Sunday shows today saying there's more coming on this story from him and other news organizations.
Last edited by ggait on Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:28 pm Funny how all three words you used are interchangeable for both trump and the queen of evil.
I don't agree at all. HRC is a saint compared to Trump.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

old salt

Post by old salt »

Nice ad by true patriots, seeking to undermine the morale of our military & drive a wedge between them & their CinC, using anonymous sources.

Have they considered the impact on morale for the remainder of Trump's term, or if he wins a second term.

No matter what it takes. The ends justify the means.

What has Trump done, as CinC, that is not in the best interests of the troops ?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Good ad. Thanks for posting it. Pass it on.

The military is not separate from the organism that is the rest of the nation it is built and intended to defend and protect. It is part of the whole; when Trump debases the presidency, he hurts the parts of the organism for which he acts as chief executive, agenda-setter, principal figure in foreign relations, uniter, and commander in chief. Your comments are actually suggestive of part of the problem: we are in thrall of our own parochial interests, when the interests of our unknown neighbors and fellow citizens should be considered. Trump hurts everyone. The “net-net” of this President is corrosive, dividing and wrongful.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:15 pm
Nice ad by true patriots, seeking to undermine the morale of our military & drive a wedge between them & their CinC, using anonymous sources.

Have they considered the impact on morale for the remainder of Trump's term, or if he wins a second term.

No matter what it takes. The ends justify the means.

What has Trump done, as CinC, that is not in the best interests of the troops ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: How about Trump should not have said those things.... :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

The wedge was Trump’s tongue. Pretty simple.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

“Presidential” qualities? How about encouraging citizens to harass a private citizen?

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTr ... 2771292160
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU77 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:48 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:28 pm Funny how all three words you used are interchangeable for both trump and the queen of evil.
I don't agree at all. HRC is a saint compared to Trump.
Most saints don't drive their close friends to commit suicide. The only real difference between the two of them is one is an actual politician the other is pretending to be one. Neither one of them should ever have been elected POTUS. Do to circumstances beyond our control, one of them had to be.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:19 pm “Presidential” qualities? How about encouraging citizens to harass a private citizen?

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTr ... 2771292160
cancel her

Return to “POLITICS”