Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:09 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:04 pm
DMac wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:00 pm
Peter Brown wrote
You guys have this weird fetish to know about other people’s kids and it’s repulsive.
Oh bullschidt, you're just way over exaggerating and being an overly sensitive puzzy about the whole deal.
What's the BFD about someone asking you if you or kids played lacrosse on a lacrosse site?
I played and all three of my boys did. That was absolutely painless...now is that TMI about me and my kids?

It’s perfectly fine IF YOU BRING IT UP FIRST In My Dishonest Opinion

When someone asks and you haven’t said schiddt, they can go eff themselves so far as I’m concerned.
Fixed it.
His issue is that he didn't play and so far as we know his kids (if he has kids with his Dem wife) don't play...so, the question he may really want to avoid is what's he doing trolling around on a lacrosse forum?

Such baloney.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

If you really want to know what this election is about, feel free to watch this video. Don’t forget to turn up the volume.

https://twitter.com/realjameswoods/stat ... 81504?s=21

Devastating in every respect. As you Democratic bozos wail on about whatever the TDS message du jour is, this video shows reality. And Americans have caught on.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:42 pm
Peter Brown wrote
You guys have this weird fetish to know about other people’s kids and it’s repulsive.
Oh bullschidt, you're just way over exaggerating and being an overly sensitive puzzy about the whole deal.
What's the BFD about someone asking you if you or kids played lacrosse on a lacrosse site?
I played and all three of my boys did. That was absolutely painless...now is that TMI about me and my kids?

When someone asks and you haven’t said schiddt, they can go eff themselves so far as I’m concerned.
Fixed it.
His issue is that he didn't play and so far as we know his kids (if he has kids with his Dem wife) don't play...so, the question he may really want to avoid is what's he doing trolling around on a lacrosse forum?

Such baloney.
This is fanlax. Lots of fans of any sport didn't play it serious.
Given that lacrosse is a growth sport lots of fans come from regions where lacrosse wasn't played when they were growing up. Some ended up going to a college with a top lacrosse programs like JHU, UMd, UVa, and developed a liking for the game. :idea:
Live Free or Die!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Cooter wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:57 pm
Peter Brown wrote

Fixed it.

Such baloney.
Given that lacrosse is a growth sport lots of fans come from regions where lacrosse wasn't played when they were growing up. Some ended up going to a college with a top lacrosse programs like JHU, UMd, UVa, and developed a liking for the game. :idea:
The growth has brought along some of the societal ills along with it.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Many of us whites and blacks are standing against Black oppression and discrimination. Where are the other minorities in the US doing the same?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.boston ... utType=amp
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:32 pm Many of us whites and blacks are standing against Black oppression and discrimination. Where are the other minorities in the US doing the same?

Good idea. Let’s blame the other (for the moment) minorities. Given the historical results of going against white racism, can you blame some for staying quiet? You can’t even be bothered to remove the Chinese from the Coronavirus site.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Cooter wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:50 am Cry me a rainbow.
A black guy at a nice college in his senior year. Probably on a nice scholarship too.
There must be 50+ million Americans in worse shape.

If I was a talented white basketball player going to a school where the BB team was all black, I'd be expecting to hear some racial dump from them, and know l'd just have to deal with it.
So because there are blacks dealing with worse and your hypothetical basketball team he should keep his mouth shut?! That makes no sense.

Your hypothetical basketball team reminds me of the Jew in grade school who was confronted by a couple Christian friends who said, "What's the big deal if we make jokes about your being Jewish? Hear, you can make fun of us for being Christian." Just painful...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Democrats started throwing Molotov cocktails at police last night. This birdbrain lit himself on Fire instead. I’m crying, because I’m laughing.

https://twitter.com/mrandyngo/status/13 ... 39073?s=21

Then antifa took the battle to the suburbs. Really trying to lose Oregon now! :lol: :lol:

https://twitter.com/mrandyngo/status/13 ... 21057?s=21

Trump might win by 10 points at this stage.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Matnum PI wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:07 pm
A black guy at a nice college in his senior year. Probably on a nice scholarship too.

If I was a talented white basketball player going to a school where the BB team was all black, I'd be expecting to hear some racial dump from them, and know l'd just have to deal with it.
So because there are blacks dealing with worse and your hypothetical basketball team he should keep his mouth shut?! That makes no sense.

Your hypothetical basketball team reminds me of the Jew in grade school who was confronted by a couple Christian friends who said, "What's the big deal if we make jokes about your being Jewish? Hear, you can make fun of us for being Christian." Just painful...
So you are all right with blacks throwing racial slurs at whites. I'm not.
Live Free or Die!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Cooter wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:57 pm
Peter Brown wrote

Fixed it.

Such baloney.
hey, Cooter, it's not an issue to me. The trolling, however, is.

I'm just saying that it explains the defensiveness when asked a question that's actually relevant to the discussion. It's not that he needs to be defensive, it's just that it seems obvious that he is. If one hasn't played the sport, nor any sport at the college level, nor have a kid who has done so, it's sure more difficult to speak with the same credibility about what that experience actually is like. That doesn't mean that fans have nothing to offer, just be clear whether a comment is from a point of view of someone who is simply a fan or someone who has additional expertise or experience.

For instance, I have opinions about the FO in our sport, but if we talk about specific FO techniques and equipment, it matters whether that was a role I personally played or my son played when the discussion goes to specific techniques, etc.. And when we played may matter as well. My opinion certainly has validity, but it does not have the same degree of information as those with more direct expertise.

Likewise I have opinions about the medical issues we discuss about COVID, but I asked a fellow poster whether he is a cardiologist when he said something I, as a layman, found surprising about heart impacts with COVID. He is not actually a cardiologist, but he provided an extensive medical background which includes cardiac knowledge, which greatly added to the sense of his knowledge basis...he then went into granular detail to explain his views...very helpful and interesting.

So, when you made comments about the dynamics of a team of college players, both lacrosse and then basketball, it made a lot of sense for TLD to ask about the basis of your perspective. Where you played, what sport, what era, all can provide some context...or that you hadn't played at that level at all.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Cooter wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:53 am

That was not his point nor his view.

He's saying it's very easy for those Christians to say, go ahead and make jokes about us, we can take it...we don't actually need to worry about being in a minority position in the rest of our life, don't need to worry about the gas chambers...

You do understand, right?
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:05 am

He's saying it's very easy for those Christians to say, go ahead and make jokes about us, we can take it...we don't actually need to worry about being in a minority position in the rest of our life, don't need to worry about the gas chambers...

It seems pretty much the same to me.
If you want to enhance the situation make it a white guy trying out for the BB team at a black, or go down a level and make it an inner city white kid whose parents can't afford to send him to a private school.
Live Free or Die!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Cooter wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:53 am So you are all right with blacks throwing racial slurs at whites. I'm not.
No, I'm not. But that's not the point. let me give another example. I'm fit and good looking, you're fat and unattractive. And i say, Here, let's make fun of each other! obviously the fat, unattractive guy is like, Wait! i.e. This isn't equally fun for all involved. This is not to say that blacks, Jews, or otherwise are metaphorically fat and unattractive but that they are in a position of weakness. The most insulting christian, white, etc. insults just aren't that painful to a christian, to a white, etc.. But, to a black, to a jew, etc., very different.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

So there is the well held belief that minorities can’t be “institutionally” racist. Understandable. And logical.

There is also the same thinking that minorities are free to openly criticize the majority group based upon their skin tone. What many consider “overt” racism.

Lookin at US Demographics, including those on the South, those numbers could be changing very soon. Because the US is a true “melting pot” the majority will soon be a minority in many large cities and counties. And there is also a growing population that is identifying as “multiracial.”

Will we still allow hateful comments from overtly racist minorities? Or will those minority/majority societal rules change?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

There is also the same thinking that minorities are free to openly criticize the majority group based upon their skin tone. What many consider “overt” racism.

During the Obama years delusional right wingers used to call him an anti-white racist. This notwithstanding the fact that he is half white. And, as usual, when challenge to find any proof that he is supposedly "racist" none of the delusionals could present even the slightest "evidence" of their mindless claims.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:54 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:32 pm Many of us whites and blacks are standing against Black oppression and discrimination. Where are the other minorities in the US doing the same?

Good idea. Let’s blame the other (for the moment) minorities. Given the historical results of going against white racism, can you blame some for staying quiet? You can’t even be bothered to remove the Chinese from the Coronavirus site.
Context is everything. The title describes where the virus originated and got its legs, per the WHO...

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source ... 0did%20not.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Andy Tifa’s feet catch on fire.

https://twitter.com/steveinmanuic/statu ... 41632?s=21

For Sunday humor, please watch with sound up.

:lol: :lol:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:02 am

During the Obama years delusional right wingers used to call him an anti-white racist. This notwithstanding the fact that he is half white. And, as usual, when challenge to find any proof that he is supposedly "racist" none of the delusionals could present even the slightest "evidence" of their mindless claims.
So someone cannot be racist against another ethnic group because they have that ethnicity “in them.”

So if I’m part (any ethnicity) I can say disparaging things about that group? That gives me a pass? Just curious how this all works? I need to identify as a member of that group and it’s ok?

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Cooter wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:34 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:05 am

It seems pretty much the same to me.
If you want to enhance the situation make it a white guy trying out for the BB team at a black, or go down a level and make it an inner city white kid whose parents can't afford to send him to a private school.
sorry, that kid simply doesn't face the same system-wide issues for the rest of his life, including from those with the most power..

But don't get us wrong, no one is giving a pass on abuse of that kid. It's not ok.
But it's not close to the same.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Matnum PI wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:43 am
Cooter wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:53 am So you are all right with blacks throwing racial slurs at whites. I'm not.
No, I'm not. But that's not the point. let me give another example. I'm fit and good looking, you're fat and unattractive. And i say, Here, let's make fun of each other! obviously the fat, unattractive guy is like, Wait! i.e. This isn't equally fun for all involved. This is not to say that blacks, Jews, or otherwise are metaphorically fat and unattractive but that they are in a position of weakness. The most insulting christian, white, etc. insults just aren't that painful to a christian, to a white, etc.. But, to a black, to a jew, etc., very different.
I don't buy it. I think it depends more on the individual.
Live Free or Die!

Return to “POLITICS”