Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:04 pm
DMac wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:00 pm
Peter Brown wrote
You guys have this weird fetish to know about other people’s kids and it’s repulsive.
Oh bullschidt, you're just way over exaggerating and being an overly sensitive puzzy about the whole deal.
What's the BFD about someone asking you if you or kids played lacrosse on a lacrosse site?
I played and all three of my boys did. That was absolutely painless...now is that TMI about me and my kids?

It’s perfectly fine IF YOU BRING IT UP FIRST In My Dishonest Opinion

When someone asks and you haven’t said schiddt, they can go eff themselves so far as I’m concerned.
Fixed it.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Cooter wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:50 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:08 pm
Cooter wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:13 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:21 pm
Cooter wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:03 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:52 pm The idea that the two conversations sufficed "for most of the team" is, well, kind of irrelevant.
Their lives don't matter?
This isolated man is asking for more and further discussion, and is suggested that the generalized characterization of the visiting children as "hoodlums" was insensitive and debasing. You can characterize this as "ripping his teammates;"
Only one player said that.
Of course their lives matter. I’m not sure what you’re trying to convey. I will say, you appear to miss the point.
We are hearing only one person's point of view.
you mean the black guy about the experience of being black?
Cry me a rainbow.
A black guy at a nice college in his senior year. Probably on a nice scholarship too.
There must be 50+ million Americans in worse shape.

If I was a talented white basketball player going to a school where the BB team was all black, I'd be expecting to hear some racial dump from them, and know l'd just have to deal with it.
Roll the tape:

BTW, what makes you think the black player at Bowdoin is on a scholarship? The black kids that I know that went to Bowdoin and Williams didn’t qualify for any “scholarship” money. Their father stroked a check and they walked out with $0 in student loans.
“I wish you would!”
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

I only said probably. If his dad can afford Bowdoin this kid is hardly suffering.
Live Free or Die!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:09 pm
Peter Brown wrote
You guys have this weird fetish to know about other people’s kids and it’s repulsive.
Oh bullschidt, you're just way over exaggerating and being an overly sensitive puzzy about the whole deal.
What's the BFD about someone asking you if you or kids played lacrosse on a lacrosse site?
I played and all three of my boys did. That was absolutely painless...now is that TMI about me and my kids?

When someone asks and you haven’t said schiddt, they can go eff themselves so far as I’m concerned.
Fixed it.

TLD: you should probably just keep demanding to know posters’ children’s backgrounds. It suits you.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Cooter wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:50 am Cry me a rainbow.
A black guy at a nice college in his senior year. Probably on a nice scholarship too.
There must be 50+ million Americans in worse shape.
So the idea here is, this guy can't advocate for change because he's at a good school? Or complain?

If the bar is "there's always someone is worse shape, so you're not allowed to complaint", let me know when you and every other poster here stop complaining.

Heck, you just complained about this kid putting his fellow players out of sorts because he wanted to discuss race more. There are kids starving in India while you have a full belly today, "therefore" you have no reason to complain about anything, ever.... ;)
Typical Lax Dad

Cooter wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:37 pm I only said probably. If his dad can afford Bowdoin this kid is hardly suffering.
Who said he was suffering? And if the kids are from Harlem, they are probably hoodlums?
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:39 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:09 pm
Peter Brown wrote

Fixed it.

TLD: you should probably just keep demanding to know posters’ children’s backgrounds. It suits you.
I didn’t demand anything. I asked a follow up question. How about “did/does your son play lacrosse or another team sport in college”?
“I wish you would!”
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:52 pm
Cooter wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:37 pm I only said probably. If his dad can afford Bowdoin this kid is hardly suffering.
Who said he was suffering? And if the kids are from Harlem, they are probably hoodlums?
Discussing race can
Overburden
a person.
Live Free or Die!
Typical Lax Dad

Cooter wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:19 pm
Discussing race can
Overburden
a person.
“Can” is the operative word. Why involve yourself?
“I wish you would!”
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Nearly all Black Lives Matter protests are peaceful despite Trump narrative, report finds

Peaceful protests don't sell ad spots though.

I wonder how much more peaceful these protests would be without the heavy-handed police responses and opposing instigation. There'd still be some violence, but it just goes to show you the hyper-exaggeration by so many.
Typical Lax Dad

holmes435 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:24 pm Nearly all Black Lives Matter protests are peaceful despite Trump narrative, report finds

I wonder how much more peaceful these protests would be without the heavy-handed police responses and opposing instigation. There'd still be some violence, but it just goes to show you the hyper-exaggeration by so many.
Media has an asymmetrical impact on opinion.... but hey it doesn’t influence how people think.
“I wish you would!”
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:22 pm
Discussing race can
Overburden
a person.
Precisely.
The Bowdoin lax team had had 2 discussions on race, which the school requested, so why couldn't they choose not to involve themselves?
Live Free or Die!
Typical Lax Dad

Cooter wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:39 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:22 pm
Discussing race can
Overburden
a person.
Precisely.
The Bowdoin lax team had had 2 discussions on race, which the school requested, so why couldn't they choose not to involve themselves?
They did
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

holmes435 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:24 pm Nearly all Black Lives Matter protests are peaceful despite Trump narrative, report finds

I would say rule #1 in any peaceful protest involves not throwing rocks and bottles and launching mortar rockets at the cops. You may have a different definition. I am all for peaceful protests. For some crazy reason that too many peaceful protests run off of the rails and become rather nasty. My standards would be no one from on either side winds up in the emergency room. Then you know you have successfully had a peaceful protest.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ester.html

It is very odd that in all the local tv reports I watched this morning, this episode at the restaurant was not reported on. What did the protesters mean when they shouted ... "if you don't give us chit, we will shut chit down" ? How do you protest the death of this man by storming into a local restaurant and acting like a bunch of barbarians. Many of these restaurants survived 3 months of Covid shutdown and are struggling to to stay open. Protest peacefully and loudly and often. Why are people terrorizing people just going out to a restaurant to have dinner...? :roll: Is that going to bring justice for Daniel Prude? I highly doubt it. A very bad situation is only being made 1000 times worse.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:06 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ester.html

It is very odd that in all the local tv reports I watched this morning, this episode at the restaurant was not reported on. What did that woman protester mean when she said... "if you don't give us chit, we will shut chit down" ? How do you protest the death of this man by storming into a local restaurant and acting like a bunch of barbarians. Many of these restaurants survived 3 months of Covid shutdown and are struggling to to stay open. Protest peacefully and loudly and often. Why are people terrorizing people just going out to a restaurant to have dinner...? :roll: Is that going to bring justice for Daniel Prude? I highly doubt it. A very bad situation is only being made 1000 times worse.

It’s not odd. It’s predictable.

The media has a side they’ve chosen. And the reason libs hate free speech is precisely because we have the opportunity to see the reality.

Don’t believe me? Ask this business owner in nyc where supposedly it’s all peaceful. Outside the Post, no one in media will report this.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/05/blm-prote ... ing-video/
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:06 pm How do you protest the death of this man by storming into a local restaurant and acting like a bunch of barbarians. Many of these restaurants survived 3 months of Covid shutdown and are struggling to to stay open. Protest peacefully and loudly and often. Why are people terrorizing people just going out to a restaurant to have dinner...?
Because they're idiots who have no interest in creating change. They're there to release endorphins, and to feel good about themselves. That's it.

If they REALLY wanted to promote change, and were REALLY serious about fixing things? Be a grownup, and run for office.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:06 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ester.html

It is very odd that in all the local tv reports I watched this morning, this episode at the restaurant was not reported on. What did the protesters mean when they shouted ... "if you don't give us chit, we will shut chit down" ? How do you protest the death of this man by storming into a local restaurant and acting like a bunch of barbarians. Many of these restaurants survived 3 months of Covid shutdown and are struggling to to stay open. Protest peacefully and loudly and often. Why are people terrorizing people just going out to a restaurant to have dinner...? :roll: Is that going to bring justice for Daniel Prude? I highly doubt it. A very bad situation is only being made 1000 times worse.
Perhaps Cradle an answer the question of why no action was taken after the medical examiner (a non-elected position) deemed Mr. Prude's death a homicide WEEKS AGO yet no action was taken by anybody until the other day suspending all of the officers involved. If the perps were anyone other than police officers, I suspect an indictment would have been issued shortly after the coroner's finding of a crime being committed.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:02 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:56 am
holmes435 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:29 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:20 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:17 am Democrats are so willfully obnoxious. Who are you TLD to say or ask a gd thing about anyone’s kids unless they bring it up first. Gfy. Seriously.
I was just asking. Where did you play? Does your kid play? I have had people here drop where mine played although I have never mentioned it here. Must be that PM thingy. I played two division 3 sports in college..... 🏀 and 🥍 My son played lacrosse.
It's really weird - PB got super defensive also when I asked him if he played a number of months back. It's not like we're literally on a lacrosse website or anything. I guess not having any common ground with other people helps him feel better about all the b.s. he slings. Makes the other side seem less human.
And the actual discussion involves playing sports in college, the possible varying experiences of doing so with predominantly white or black teammates...nah, the question of one's own experience doesn't matter.

Our own experience, or that of our family members, does provide some potential perspective. Or certainly could.

Cooter's a UMD fan, but I don't recall whether that was from being a player or having a kid who went there...I'd bet on having been a player, pretty darn knowledgeable (though sometimes obnoxious when he posts on other school threads, but hey, a little back and forth).

I don't think his views would fit well with John Tillman's, though.

Of course, we do have at least one active poster on here who never played lax, far as we can tell didn't play any sport in college. So, not sure he brings much to the table on what an athlete's experience is like on a team nor to the discussions of the sport. That said, there are a few others who I don't think played, but who were avid fans as students and long time followers of the game. Can't really count our troll on that list, given some of the rather ridiculous things he said from time to time about players, prospects for his chosen team, and his trolling of another school's thread.

So, no surprise how he trolls here.

This is a crystal clear example where MD inadvertently proves he actually (as opposed to his written words) has no problem with the Democratic lunatics turning over diners tables across America. I mean after all, if bringing someone someone’s kids into a convo is fair game, what’s a little rioting on top?

No lines any more for Democrats. It’s all good so long as Orange Man Bad.

Disgusting.
nonsense.
No one asked the kids' names, the kids are in no danger from a discussion of perspectives. We're on a bloody lacrosse site and most of us either played lacrosse or have kids who play or played. A few of us may have had parents who played as well.

The question in specific had to do with what perspective Cooter (in this case) actually was bringing to a discussion in which he was specifically talking about athletes and their experiences. Some of us played ball, some of us have kids who played ball, some of us have parents who played ball, some of us apparently have none of the above. We played at different places and eras, all of which can provide some context.

Just not a hard question, unless someone is scared to admit something...pretty sure Cooter has no such fear.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:20 pm

I would say rule #1 in any peaceful protest involves not throwing rocks and bottles and launching mortar rockets at the cops. You may have a different definition. I am all for peaceful protests. For some crazy reason that too many peaceful protests run off of the rails and become rather nasty. My standards would be no one from on either side winds up in the emergency room. Then you know you have successfully had a peaceful protest.
I love agreeing with you, cradle.
I quite agree that what was a peaceful protest can easily be ruined by the violence of some.

Return to “POLITICS”