Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:12 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:10 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:04 am Our media is so broken, it’s not salvageable with its current makeup.

The Antifa murderer was gratefully killed himself last night by the feds since Portland refused to arrest him even though it was clear as day that he gun downed a totally innocent guy walking to a bus stop.

How does our media treat it?

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/04/90951588 ... nforcement

“Suspect In Fatal Shooting Of Portland Right-Wing Protester Killed By Law Enforcement”

The guy the Antifa doof killed is now simply a ‘right wing nutcase’. Total dishonesty.

Honestly the lot of you can go eff off. No lube either. Thx.
You check their criminal records yet?
:lol: :lol:

Yes in fact it’s been done. The Antifa goon has a lengthy record, in fact was arrested last on July 31. The guy he killed had no arrest record. I’m no fan of capital punishment (gives the state too much power), but I do love street justice like was done to this Democrat hero last night. Good riddance.

I realize it’s a day of sorrow for lefties today. Maybe take the day off and cry into your pillow.
You ain’t nothing if not predictable! Have a great weekend and all the best to you and your family.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:20 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:12 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:10 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:04 am Our media is so broken, it’s not salvageable with its current makeup.

The Antifa murderer was gratefully killed himself last night by the feds since Portland refused to arrest him even though it was clear as day that he gun downed a totally innocent guy walking to a bus stop.

How does our media treat it?

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/04/90951588 ... nforcement

“Suspect In Fatal Shooting Of Portland Right-Wing Protester Killed By Law Enforcement”

The guy the Antifa doof killed is now simply a ‘right wing nutcase’. Total dishonesty.

Honestly the lot of you can go eff off. No lube either. Thx.
You check their criminal records yet?
:lol: :lol:
Yes in fact it’s been done. The Antifa goon has a lengthy record, in fact was arrested last on July 31. The guy he killed had no arrest record. I’m no fan of capital punishment (gives the state too much power), but I do love street justice like was done to this Democrat hero last night. Good riddance.

I realize it’s a day of sorrow for lefties today. Maybe take the day off and cry into your pillow.
You ain’t nothing if not predictable! Have a great weekend and all the best to you and your family.

As upset as Democrats are today that their newest hero died in a blaze of gunfire, most normal people are quite satisfied that justice was meted out to this thug.

For taking an innocent man's life with no reason other than his own wokeness, this killer deserved to suffer greatly the last few minutes he breathed the oxygen he didn't deserve to breathe.

Watch Antifa and Democrats get their riots on tonight in Portland and Seattle, even though this guy was a stone cold killer and lunatic.

Patriotism is as much a virtue as justice

holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Blue Lives Matter supporters arrested with slew of firearms outside Kenosha after police received tip about possible shooting, DOJ says
Both men had prior convictions that prohibited them from possessing firearms and ammunition, according to the DOJ.
[...]

Karmo allegedly told the FBI he and Smith are members of an organization called the 417 Second Amendment Militia, the complaint said.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

holmes435 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:24 am Blue Lives Matter supporters arrested with slew of firearms outside Kenosha after police received tip about possible shooting, DOJ says
Both men had prior convictions that prohibited them from possessing firearms and ammunition, according to the DOJ.
[...]

Karmo allegedly told the FBI he and Smith are members of an organization called the 417 Second Amendment Militia, the complaint said.

Sad day today for Democrats. Hero brought down in a blaze of lead. Shame.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:07 am
holmes435 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:24 am Blue Lives Matter supporters arrested with slew of firearms outside Kenosha after police received tip about possible shooting, DOJ says
[...]

Can you find a quote on the forum where anyone calls him a hero? I'll wait........
CU88

Post by CU88 »

The Second Amendment isn't design to kill people practicing the First...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

https://bowdoinorient.com/2020/09/04/op ... ally-mean/

OPINION: What does ‘support’ really mean?

By Kendall Rogers
Op-ed contributor
September 4, 2020

Just because I am the captain of my team and the leader of the Athletes of Color Coalition (AoCC), that does not guarantee that my team is exempt from problems surrounding race. While these problems have become more visible now, they are not new experiences. I came into this team being the only Black player, and in my three years on the team, only one other Black recruit has visited Bowdoin. Being the only Black player has made me feel like I stick out like a sore thumb. On top of that, the fact that there are no other Black recruits visiting has made me feel like my presence on this team is as rare as winning the lottery. The more I feel this way, the more I have convinced myself that I only made it to Bowdoin because my uncle went here.

To make matters worse, when I was a sophomore, a teammate called me the N-word at a team gathering. Although it was supposedly in a friendly manner, no one understood or came to my support when I was visibly upset. Because no one felt the need to address it, I had to take it upon myself as the only Black person in the entire team house to inform them that using the N-word in any form is unacceptable. Even after this encounter, there was no follow-up discussion about the N-word or other derogatory terms that our team frequently used.

A few weeks later, our team hosted a group of middle school boys from the Harlem Lacrosse Organization. This organization aims to empower students of color in inner cities through lacrosse and academic support. For many of these kids, it was their first time away from home, and even more specifically, their first time ever experiencing a private, predominantly-white college. This was the equivalent to a fairytale for these kids. Despite the opportunity to inspire and empower them, one of my teammates felt it was appropriate to call these 13-year-old Black kids “hoodlums.” I was completely stunned. At this point, I could not believe this was what I was hearing from the players that were recruited alongside me. Since starting lacrosse in third grade, I have always been the only Black player on my team. Never in those years did a teammate make me feel uncomfortable because of my race. This was so new to me, and I had no idea what to do. Immediately, my first two options were to quit or transfer.

There are two very clear reasons why I stayed at Bowdoin. One is my parents. They told me that I could not take the easy way out and give up. They also told me to not let the ignorance of others dictate my success or deter my faith. That piece of advice told me that I had to stay and speak up against what was wrong.

The other reason is the Bowdoin Athletes of Color Coalition. The members of this coalition are why I’m still proud to call myself a Polar Bear and remain hopeful that Bowdoin will improve matters on race. Their constant support for one another and their mission to reform the lack of diversity is truly my pride and joy of still being at Bowdoin. I would not be at this school if AoCC did not exist.

As a rising senior on the team, the feeling of isolation has persisted. My first-year self never would have thought that I would remain this isolated from the team. Ascending through the leadership ranks of the team and becoming a senior captain gave me the illusion that people supported me. However, it is now clear that many members of my team value my athletic contribution and not my identity as a Black male. Even after the athletic department’s emphasis on engaging in team-wide discussions and education on race, our team has failed to rise to the occasion. Throughout the summer, we have only come together twice as a team to speak about race and issues of inclusion. When I raised the question about when our next talk would be and how the team would ensure that this is a consistent priority, I was told that talks are being strategically planned to not “overburden guys.” In response to my concerns, my team has made it clear that merely having a conversation about race is a “burden.” But have they ever imagined actually living as a person of color? As a Black male, I cannot choose when I do and do not engage with race. So, when you talk about not overburdening guys, please consider how I feel and recognize you have the privilege of choosing when conversations about racial disparities can be your priority.

Teammates and coaches can no longer claim to be allies just because we share the same Bowdoin uniform. They must strive to show that same support and allyship even if we are not on the same teams. This requires living a lifestyle that includes actions and behaviors that truly make people feel your support. I speak for most athletes of color when I say that it is clear that regardless of whether we are a captain or the newest member of the team, we do not feel the support of our teammates or coaches.

Enough is enough.

Kendall Rogers is a member of the Class of 2021.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:02 am As upset as Democrats are today that their newest hero died in a blaze of gunfire, most normal people are quite satisfied that justice was meted out to this thug.
So....cheering a lack of law and order today?

Innocent until proven guilty in an American court. Unless he's not a Republican, is that it?
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:07 am
[...]

Why are you responding to me about something I wasn't even talking about? Just trying to change the subject? No comment on your criminal buddies driving up to Kenosha to find trouble like your hero Rittenhouse? More than half those arrested in Kenosha aren't even from Kenosha. Just more people like you trying to sow division and hate.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Rogers is only one guy among say 30 guys on the team, he seems a little egotistical about wanting to discuss race a lot.
Live Free or Die!
Typical Lax Dad

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:28 am https://bowdoinorient.com/2020/09/04/op ... ally-mean/

OPINION: What does ‘support’ really mean?

By Kendall Rogers
Op-ed contributor
September 4, 2020

Just because I am the captain of my team and the leader of the Athletes of Color Coalition (AoCC), that does not guarantee that my team is exempt from problems surrounding race. While these problems have become more visible now, they are not new experiences. I came into this team being the only Black player, and in my three years on the team, only one other Black recruit has visited Bowdoin. Being the only Black player has made me feel like I stick out like a sore thumb. On top of that, the fact that there are no other Black recruits visiting has made me feel like my presence on this team is as rare as winning the lottery. The more I feel this way, the more I have convinced myself that I only made it to Bowdoin because my uncle went here.

To make matters worse, when I was a sophomore, a teammate called me the N-word at a team gathering. Although it was supposedly in a friendly manner, no one understood or came to my support when I was visibly upset. Because no one felt the need to address it, I had to take it upon myself as the only Black person in the entire team house to inform them that using the N-word in any form is unacceptable. Even after this encounter, there was no follow-up discussion about the N-word or other derogatory terms that our team frequently used.

A few weeks later, our team hosted a group of middle school boys from the Harlem Lacrosse Organization. This organization aims to empower students of color in inner cities through lacrosse and academic support. For many of these kids, it was their first time away from home, and even more specifically, their first time ever experiencing a private, predominantly-white college. This was the equivalent to a fairytale for these kids. Despite the opportunity to inspire and empower them, one of my teammates felt it was appropriate to call these 13-year-old Black kids “hoodlums.” I was completely stunned. At this point, I could not believe this was what I was hearing from the players that were recruited alongside me. Since starting lacrosse in third grade, I have always been the only Black player on my team. Never in those years did a teammate make me feel uncomfortable because of my race. This was so new to me, and I had no idea what to do. Immediately, my first two options were to quit or transfer.

There are two very clear reasons why I stayed at Bowdoin. One is my parents. They told me that I could not take the easy way out and give up. They also told me to not let the ignorance of others dictate my success or deter my faith. That piece of advice told me that I had to stay and speak up against what was wrong.

The other reason is the Bowdoin Athletes of Color Coalition. The members of this coalition are why I’m still proud to call myself a Polar Bear and remain hopeful that Bowdoin will improve matters on race. Their constant support for one another and their mission to reform the lack of diversity is truly my pride and joy of still being at Bowdoin. I would not be at this school if AoCC did not exist.

As a rising senior on the team, the feeling of isolation has persisted. My first-year self never would have thought that I would remain this isolated from the team. Ascending through the leadership ranks of the team and becoming a senior captain gave me the illusion that people supported me. However, it is now clear that many members of my team value my athletic contribution and not my identity as a Black male. Even after the athletic department’s emphasis on engaging in team-wide discussions and education on race, our team has failed to rise to the occasion. Throughout the summer, we have only come together twice as a team to speak about race and issues of inclusion. When I raised the question about when our next talk would be and how the team would ensure that this is a consistent priority, I was told that talks are being strategically planned to not “overburden guys.” In response to my concerns, my team has made it clear that merely having a conversation about race is a “burden.” But have they ever imagined actually living as a person of color? As a Black male, I cannot choose when I do and do not engage with race. So, when you talk about not overburdening guys, please consider how I feel and recognize you have the privilege of choosing when conversations about racial disparities can be your priority.

Teammates and coaches can no longer claim to be allies just because we share the same Bowdoin uniform. They must strive to show that same support and allyship even if we are not on the same teams. This requires living a lifestyle that includes actions and behaviors that truly make people feel your support. I speak for most athletes of color when I say that it is clear that regardless of whether we are a captain or the newest member of the team, we do not feel the support of our teammates or coaches.

Enough is enough.

Kendall Rogers is a member of the Class of 2021.
Hopefully his teammates will be interested in understanding his perspective. It’s easy to not know something. All you have to do is not ask about it. I can see where this can be brushed off with a “he is at Bowdoin, what does he have to complain about”.....
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Cooter wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:54 am Rogers is only one guy among say 30 guys on the team, he seems a little egotistical about wanting to discuss race a lot.
sort of like this guy...1 of 60
“I wish you would!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Cooter wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:54 amRogers is only one guy among say 30 guys on the team, he seems a little egotistical about wanting to discuss race a lot.
It's important. Critical to the education of every human being. And they happen to be discussion racism towards blacks but this translates to anti-semitism, sexism, homophobia, anti-other races, anti-other religions, etc. Cooter, it's important.
Caddy Day
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

What the h*lls the matter with these d*mn cops. Can't they just talk these people down.

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/video-woma ... nSmwiZ75Ls

Defund the police!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:40 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:02 am As upset as Democrats are today that their newest hero died in a blaze of gunfire, most normal people are quite satisfied that justice was meted out to this thug.
So....cheering a lack of law and order today?

Innocent until proven guilty in an American court. Unless he's not a Republican, is that it?

In this case, yup. A good day for America. Sad day for Democrats.

Sister of Portland Antifa gunman Michael Reinoehl reacts to his death: "I wouldn't say at this point that this counts as bad news." - DAILY MAIL
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:35 pm In this case, yup. A good day for America.
Well, remember this view of yours when more violence happens. You're now on the hook for condoning lawlessness, my friend. And you're also on the hook for your view that a person is no longer innocent until proven guilty....the mob gets to decide that now.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:44 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:35 pm In this case, yup. A good day for America.
Well, remember this view of yours when more violence happens. You're now on the hook for condoning lawlessness, my friend. And you're also on the hook for your view that a person is no longer innocent until proven guilty....the mob gets to decide that now.

“lawlessness”? Antifa Mike shot first at the marshals and FBI. Not sure where you live, but generally you’re going down if you try that one on.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:29 pm
Cooter wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:54 amRogers is only one guy among say 30 guys on the team, he seems a little egotistical about wanting to discuss race a lot.
It's important. Critical to the education of every human being. And they happen to be discussion racism towards blacks but this translates to anti-semitism, sexism, homophobia, anti-other races, anti-other religions, etc. Cooter, it's important.
Lots of things are important, like the difference between right and wrong. Lots of young adults out there looting, which is wrong.

The Bowdoin lacrosse did have two discussions on race, which apparently seemed sufficient for most of the team.
Rogers wanted more, and didn't get his way Now he has gone on public media ripping his teammates, trying to make them appear like racists.

What sort of support and allyship is he showing for the team?
Live Free or Die!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Cooter wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:38 pm Now he has gone on public media ripping his teammates, trying to make them appear like racists.
Racist or non-racist is impossible to pin-down. A black young man feeling uncomfortable as a black young man within a predominantly white locker room and school sounds legitimate to me. And, from where I'm sitting, this is the point of the BLM movement, the point of why we're doing some soul searching right now.
Caddy Day

Return to “POLITICS”