Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
SCLaxAttack

Re: Orange Duce

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:41 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:24 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:20 pm Ask Brook what % of IRS agents are Democratic...it's somewhere north of 100%.

If someone asked me, I wouldn't be able to give an informed answer. In the years I worked there, yes, we had a number of Jewish liberals and others who voted Dem. But we had quite a few white suburbanites who loved Reagan despite his hatred for federal workers. It actually would be very interesting to know the political outlook/affiliation of feds nowadays but contrary to your usual mystical beliefs, it is nowhere near 100%.

Employees of the Department of Justice, which investigated Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was secretary of State, gave Clinton 97 percent of their donations. Trump received $8,756 from DOJ employees compared with $286,797 for Clinton. From IRS employees, Clinton received 94 percent of donations.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3 ... n-campaign

Off by 6%.
Good grief this guy is a moron. First he thinks we’re all as dumb as he and won’t catch his agent/employee bait/switch when we read the article. Then if we dismiss that little detail we have to believe every. single. government. employee. makes political contributions, and in the same amount so there’s a direct correlation to employees and their political affiliation.

As if he were right (LMFAO that I would ever type that) on either of those points he’d also have to hope we wouldn’t read the article, or we’d at least skip a whole bunch of details. Or maybe, as an example, he just thought (there’s another thing I’m surprised I typed - this troll with a thought) the excess percent of contributor donations given to Romney four years prior must mean there was a pretty large percentage of employees who switched parties between 2012 and 2016.

Here’s the part of the article discussing the Romney/Trump percentage discrepancy, along with some other ditties that blow this idiot’s hypotheses out of the water:

”The 2012 GOP presidential nominee, Mitt Romney, received 14 percent of donations from the same group of agencies surveyed for Trump. Trump received just 5 percent.”

“Trump might have had a chance to do better than Romney. He discarded much of Republican orthodoxy during his primary campaign, which could have led some federal employees to believe that he’d be more amenable to big government. He vowed, for example, to leave massive social welfare programs virtually untouched.”

“But Trump also constantly attacked federal institutions. During his primary campaign, he described the federal government as a corrupt, bloated body run by “very, very, stupid people.””

I love this last part. I’m sure if I was an employee and heard this I’d max out my contribution to make sure he became my boss :roll: :

”Trump vowed “tremendous cutting” of the government in an interview with The Wall Street Journal in January and singled out the Department of Education and the Environmental Protection Agency as agencies he’d slash dramatically if not outright eliminate.”“

Mic drop.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:10 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:20 pm Ask Brook what % of IRS agents are Democratic...it's somewhere north of 100%.

If someone asked me, I wouldn't be able to give an informed answer. In the years I worked there, yes, we had a number of Jewish liberals and others who voted Dem. But we had quite a few white suburbanites who loved Reagan despite his hatred for federal workers. It actually would be very interesting to know the political outlook/affiliation of feds nowadays but contrary to your usual mystical beliefs, it is nowhere near 100%.

Employees of the Department of Justice, which investigated Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was secretary of State, gave Clinton 97 percent of their donations. Trump received $8,756 from DOJ employees compared with $286,797 for Clinton. From IRS employees, Clinton received 94 percent of donations.

Off by 6%.
Good grief this guy is a moron. First he thinks we’re all as dumb as he and won’t catch his agent/employee bait/switch when we read the article. Then if we dismiss that little detail we have to believe every. single. government. employee. makes political contributions, and in the same amount so there’s a direct correlation to employees and their political affiliation.

As if he were right (LMFAO that I would ever type that) on either of those points he’d also have to hope we wouldn’t read the article, or we’d at least skip a whole bunch of details. Or maybe, as an example, he just thought (there’s another thing I’m surprised I typed - this troll with a thought) the excess percent of contributor donations given to Romney four years prior must mean there was a pretty large percentage of employees who switched parties between 2012 and 2016.

Here’s the part of the article discussing the Romney/Trump percentage discrepancy, along with some other ditties that blow this idiot’s hypotheses out of the water:

”The 2012 GOP presidential nominee, Mitt Romney, received 14 percent of donations from the same group of agencies surveyed for Trump. Trump received just 5 percent.”

“Trump might have had a chance to do better than Romney. He discarded much of Republican orthodoxy during his primary campaign, which could have led some federal employees to believe that he’d be more amenable to big government. He vowed, for example, to leave massive social welfare programs virtually untouched.”

“But Trump also constantly attacked federal institutions. During his primary campaign, he described the federal government as a corrupt, bloated body run by “very, very, stupid people.””

I love this last part. I’m sure if I was an employee and heard this I’d max out my contribution to make sure he became my boss :roll: :

”Trump vowed “tremendous cutting” of the government in an interview with The Wall Street Journal in January and singled out the Department of Education and the Environmental Protection Agency as agencies he’d slash dramatically if not outright eliminate.”“

Mic drop.

I don't think you're making the point you think you're making. :lol:

So the percentage donations went from 14% down to 6%...wow, knock us over with a feather, sc! Why, that makes it almost even! 86-14 eight years back! Obviously the IRS is nearly fully even Republican/Democrat!

:roll: How did you measure yourself at sports? If you lost 20-1 in lacrosse, was that a 'tight' game for ya?!? :lol:
First he thinks we’re all as dumb as he
... Not true; I think you are as dumb as only you are!

By the way, I hear Yamicher Alcidnor and Claire McCaskill want to give you some political pointers; make sure your ears are tuned in! :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:10 am

Off by 6%.

Mic drop.
Yup, this is Petey's MO.
And of course he doubles down in response.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Doubling down? :lol:

More like he is all in with his pair of ones. :roll:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Petey's Pal Donny Duncewit:

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:33 am Petey's Pal Donny Duncewit:

Yikes, cleverly done and funny.
But ohhh so SAD.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:03 am Doubling down? :lol:

good analogy.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:52 pm

good analogy.
Pair of ones still wins if others are worse off. Poor analogy. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:34 pm

good analogy.
Huh, I've never seen a pair of ones win a poker hand in my life. On TV or in person... 8-)
DocBarrister

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Post by DocBarrister »

Seriously, how can any of you support such a disgusting man?

The president has repeatedly disparaged the intelligence of service members, and asked that wounded veterans be kept out of military parades, multiple sources tell The Atlantic.

When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

... A first lieutenant in the Marine Corps, Robert Kelly was killed in 2010 in Afghanistan. He was 29. Trump was meant, on this visit, to join John Kelly in paying respects at his son’s grave, and to comfort the families of other fallen service members. But according to sources with knowledge of this visit, Trump, while standing by Robert Kelly’s grave, turned directly to his father and said, “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?”

... “He can’t fathom the idea of doing something for someone other than himself,” one of Kelly’s friends, a retired four-star general, told me. “He just thinks that anyone who does anything when there’s no direct personal gain to be had is a sucker. There’s no money in serving the nation.” Kelly’s friend went on to say, “Trump can’t imagine anyone else’s pain. That’s why he would say this to the father of a fallen marine on Memorial Day in the cemetery where he’s buried.”

... Yet another, related, explanation concerns what appears to be Trump’s pathological fear of appearing to look like a “sucker” himself. His capacious definition of sucker includes those who lose their lives in service to their country, as well as those who are taken prisoner, or are wounded in battle.

... Trump has been, for the duration of his presidency, fixated on staging military parades, but only of a certain sort. In a 2018 White House planning meeting for such an event, Trump asked his staff not to include wounded veterans, on grounds that spectators would feel uncomfortable in the presence of amputees. “Nobody wants to see that,” he said.

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/615997/

Again, how can any of you support such a disgusting man?

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
Peter Brown

Re: Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Post by Peter Brown »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:15 pm Seriously, how can any of you support such a disgusting man?

The president has repeatedly disparaged the intelligence of service members, and asked that wounded veterans be kept out of military parades, multiple sources tell The Atlantic.

When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

... A first lieutenant in the Marine Corps, Robert Kelly was killed in 2010 in Afghanistan. He was 29. Trump was meant, on this visit, to join John Kelly in paying respects at his son’s grave, and to comfort the families of other fallen service members. But according to sources with knowledge of this visit, Trump, while standing by Robert Kelly’s grave, turned directly to his father and said, “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?”

... “He can’t fathom the idea of doing something for someone other than himself,” one of Kelly’s friends, a retired four-star general, told me. “He just thinks that anyone who does anything when there’s no direct personal gain to be had is a sucker. There’s no money in serving the nation.” Kelly’s friend went on to say, “Trump can’t imagine anyone else’s pain. That’s why he would say this to the father of a fallen marine on Memorial Day in the cemetery where he’s buried.”

... Yet another, related, explanation concerns what appears to be Trump’s pathological fear of appearing to look like a “sucker” himself. His capacious definition of sucker includes those who lose their lives in service to their country, as well as those who are taken prisoner, or are wounded in battle.

... Trump has been, for the duration of his presidency, fixated on staging military parades, but only of a certain sort. In a 2018 White House planning meeting for such an event, Trump asked his staff not to include wounded veterans, on grounds that spectators would feel uncomfortable in the presence of amputees. “Nobody wants to see that,” he said.

Not even one ‘source’ willing to go on record. :roll:

I’d ask this another way: besides promoting the party of racists (see today’s brouhaha of Jessica Klug, a true racist and a Democrat), why do you continue to believe the media when they are continually found to be deceptive? Are you perhaps not that bright?

Serious questions.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:22 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:15 pm Seriously, how can any of you support such a disgusting man?

I’d ask this another way: besides promoting the party of racists (see today’s brouhaha of Jessica Klug, a true racist and a Democrat), why do you continue to believe the media when they are continually found to be deceptive? Are you perhaps not that bright?

Serious questions.
Peter Brown is a segregationist.

Any questions?

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:25 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:22 pm

Serious questions.
Peter Brown is a segregationist.

Any questions?

DocBarrister

So no one on record then. Got it.

You’ll need to study up on the Burden of Proof theory and why it’s critical for intelligent human beings and civilization. In a logical argument (I know I know, not exactly a Democratic strength), if someone states a claim, it is up to that person to prove the truth of his or her claim. Sources and audio. Otherwise, hit the showers, Francis.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:04 pm

good analogy.
Huh, I've never seen a pair of ones win a poker hand in my life. On TV or in person... 8-)
:lol: :oops:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:04 pm

good analogy.
An ace can be high or low if your trying to make a strait. I have never heard them referred to as a pair of ones though. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Totally unlawful. But ho-hum in today’s authoritarian precursor administration:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/ ... 3747990530
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:05 pm (omitted)

So no one on record then. Got it.

You’ll need to study up on the Burden of Proof theory and why it’s critical for intelligent human beings and civilization. In a logical argument (I know I know, not exactly a Democratic strength), if someone states a claim, it is up to that person to prove the truth of his or her claim. Sources and audio. Otherwise, hit the showers, Francis.
Not quite:
Two Senior Officials Confirm Trump’s Remarks About Fallen Soldiers To AP
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/two- ... iers-to-ap
The allegations were reported in The Atlantic. A senior Defense Department official with firsthand knowledge of events and a senior U.S. Marine Corps officer who was told about Trump’s comments confirmed some of the remarks to The Associated Press, including the 2018 cemetery comments.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

A great story / interview from 1990 about Donald Trump, including some juicy quotes below: AFTER THE GOLD RUSH

"I would never buy Ivana any decent jewels or pictures. Why give her negotiable assets?"
"In fifty years Donald and I will be considered old money like the Vanderbilts,"
"How can you say you love us? You don't love us! You don't even love yourself. You just love your money," twelve-year-old Donald junior told his father,
'When a man leaves a woman, especially when it was perceived that he has left for a piece of ass—a good one!—there are 50 percent of the population who will love the woman who was left," [Donald] told me
The Wall Street Journal estimated that Trump's guarantees could exceed $600 million. In one astonishing decade, Donald Trump had become the Brazil of Manhattan.
Donald and I were not alone at lunch that day. He had invited Stanley Friedman to join us. [...] Later, Friedman would go to jail for his role in the city parking-meter scandal. Trump and Friedman spent most of our lunch swapping stories about Roy Cohn. "Roy could fix anyone in the city,"
"Donald is a believer in the big-lie theory. If you say something again and again, people will believe you."
There are two publics as far as I'm concerned. The real public and then there's the New York society horseshit. The real public has always liked Donald Trump. The real public feels that Donald Trump is going through Trump-bashing. When I go out now, forget about it. I'm mobbed. It's bedlam," Trump told me.
"Give them the old Trump nonsense," he told the architect Der Scutt before a presentation of the Trump Tower design at a press conference in 1980. "Tell them it is going to be a million square feet, sixty-eight stories." "I don't lie, Donald," the architect replied.
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:36 am Totally unlawful. But ho-hum in today’s authoritarian precursor administration:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/ ... 3747990530
Did someone say authoritarian?

The Pentagon has ordered Stars and Stripes to shut down for no good reason
Trump wants to pull funding from Stars and Stripes, a newspaper for American troops that began in the Civil War and has been serving our soldiers.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 706859002/
DMac

Post by DMac »

Geezuz H, this phukn guy is just unbelievable! Grade A, number one aszwhole who cares only about himself, respects nothing unless it's his or benefits him.
What say ye about this move, salty?

Return to “POLITICS”