Post by Matnum PI »

RMU Announces Incoming Men’s Lacrosse Class
https://rmucolonials.com/news/2020/8/25 ... class.aspx
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Laxbuck

Re: Robert Morris 2021

Post by Laxbuck »

RMU in real trouble in regard to finding a league and a slate of games for 2021. Huge problem
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Thor1

Post by Thor1 »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:18 pm 7 years...
https://twitter.com/USLacrosseMag/statu ... 9433995265
He must be getting his PhD
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

7 years is a long time...

Caddy Day
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

So what conference does RMU play in for the 2021 season? Do they stay in the NEC (bridge already burned?)? Or do they move to the MAAC , or elsewhere?
Carroll81

Post by Carroll81 »

bar_down

Post by bar_down »

Laxbuck wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:15 pm RMU in real trouble in regard to finding a league and a slate of games for 2021. Huge problem
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Lol.
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

bar_down wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:45 pm
Laxbuck wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:15 pm RMU in real trouble in regard to finding a league and a slate of games for 2021. Huge problem
What league have they joined?
bauer4429

Post by bauer4429 »

7 years !!! I have a feeling that if my kid who played 3 and stopped from injury tried to play for his 4th season .... he’d be denied.
bar_down

Post by bar_down »

Laxbuck wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:33 pm
bar_down wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:45 pm
What league have they joined?
We were told a couple weeks ago but I’m sure as hell not going to announce the new conference on a message board before the school announces it.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

So what’s the point then? I’m sure it still required a lot of work, not like the ACC and BigTen were in a bidding war for the school. Presume there’s three options (maybe 4) in SoCon, CAA (which is a bit of a catch all) and MAAC, maybe AE.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cuseman4133

Post by cuseman4133 »

Would think either the MAAC or SoCon. Sounds like they might have a call with the SoCon soon.
118:24 #HHH
bauer4429

Post by bauer4429 »

The MAAC seems the likely choice to me given Rutgers location and driving proximity to Quinnipiac, Sienna, Monmouth, and Marist (since it does not appear teams will be traveling much this spring ..... if at all).
lilax

Post by lilax »

bauer4429 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:14 pm The MAAC seems the likely choice to me given Rutgers location and driving proximity to Quinnipiac, Sienna, Monmouth, and Marist (since it does not appear teams will be traveling much this spring ..... if at all).
It's not if the MAAC is a good fit for Robert Morris. It's if Robert Morris is a good fit for the MAAC.

I don't see the MAAC adding Robert Morris. The school profile doesn't fit in with the MAAC schools. Very similar to why they didn't add Cleveland State. It isn't like it was 10 years ago when the MAAC needed teams and had Wagner and VMI in it.

St. Bonaventure was added because they are a small catholic school with many ties to the Tri-State area and already had a rivalry in other sports with Canisius.

The conference is sitting at 7 teams which is a good number for conferences.

Also why would the coaches and AD's want to add an affiliate that would come in and be arguably the best team?

I really don't know if Robert Morris will find a conference. There isn't a conference out there that is in dire need to add teams to keep their AQ. Which is unfortunate because they are a fun team to watch and with McMinn as the HC, they have a ton of upside.
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

lilax wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:37 pm
bauer4429 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:14 pm The MAAC seems the likely choice to me given Rutgers location and driving proximity to Quinnipiac, Sienna, Monmouth, and Marist (since it does not appear teams will be traveling much this spring ..... if at all).
It's not if the MAAC is a good fit for Robert Morris. It's if Robert Morris is a good fit for the MAAC.

I don't see the MAAC adding Robert Morris. The school profile doesn't fit in with the MAAC schools. Very similar to why they didn't add Cleveland State. It isn't like it was 10 years ago when the MAAC needed teams and had Wagner and VMI in it.

St. Bonaventure was added because they are a small catholic school with many ties to the Tri-State area and already had a rivalry in other sports with Canisius.

Also why would the coaches and AD's want to add an affiliate that would come in and be arguably the best team?

I really don't know if Robert Morris will find a conference. There isn't a conference out there that is in dire need to add teams to keep their AQ. Which is unfortunate because they are a fun team to watch and with McMinn as the HC, they have a ton of upside.
Agree that Robert Morris is too good to be desirable to another conference. They are really good. Travel is the issue.
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

Agree that Robert Morris is too good to be desirable to another conference. They are really good. Travel is the issue.
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

SoCon makes a lot of sense. HP and Bellarmine Have traveled to Moon Township twice in the past 4 years. SoCon has to be concerned about losing members. Hannan leaves Mercer for club job. VMI coach leaves for a HS job. Air Force attractive to a future western conference.
Richmond is A10 except for lax. A10 considering their own league. Adding RM would be smart for SoCon
fatherof2

Post by fatherof2 »

+1
Nailed it. I've spoken with a MAAC AD. They do not want RMU. Nobody wants an associate member being the best team in the league. They want full MAAC members representing the league. RMU, just like CSU, does not fit the model of the MAAC. ( small catholic colleges )
My guess... SoCon

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”