UVA LACROSSE 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: UVA LACROSSE 2021

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Because everyone thinks lawyers are the best society can offer..

Then again, we also had a kid, from around the same timeframe, from Georgetown Prep who liked bashing skulls in of pretty girls.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

Living in CVille, coaching youth lax, I have had the opportunity (privilege) to have several UVA lax players be my asst. coaches and even coach my son during club lax. I can say each and every one was very professional and a credit to the UVA program.

As a veteran (27 years of service), I always cringe when I see life events, from years gone by, being mentioned in the same breath (key strokes) as contributors to recent events. This happens to former service members everyday. Just type in "former <insert service name>" in a google search and dozens of examples will pop up.

That this person played lax ever in his life much less at UVA yet this is brought up in the article is nothing but a smear on lacrosse and UVA and in no way applicable as a contributor to this unfortunate event.

I know many people are thinking this. I just wanted it out there.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:22 am We so often point fingers when we see an occurrence that confirms a stereotype. More often than not, a stereotype about blacks, jews, gays, etc. In this case, we have a kid from New Canaan who went to Loomis-Chaffee and UVA and is the nephew of Meryl Streep (who was raised in Summit, NJ). A situation where I need to pause and say, Don't stereotype...
don't stereotype... any particular reason you didn't post this also with a new bucknell thread, or patriot league?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I remembered Streep from Bucknell actually and forget he even did a year at UVA.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:44 pmdon't stereotype... any particular reason you didn't post this also with a new bucknell thread, or patriot league?
Nope. Probably just because UVA is a higher profile team.
Last edited by Matnum PI on Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:54 pm I remembered Streep from Bucknell actually and forget he even did a year at UVA.
He was a good player.
“I wish you would!”
molo

Post by molo »

He was an excellent player at Bucknell, almost leading the Bison to an upset over UVA in the playoffs. He was basically a second middie at UVA, maybe played emo. I remember thinking he wasn't used as much as I would have anticipated after seeing him play for Bucknell.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:22 am We so often point fingers when we see an occurrence that confirms a stereotype. More often than not, a stereotype about blacks, jews, gays, etc. In this case, we have a kid from New Canaan who went to Loomis-Chaffee and UVA and is the nephew of Meryl Streep (who was raised in Summit, NJ). A situation where I need to pause and say, Don't stereotype...
You posted it! What reactions did you expect, given the nature of this forum? :lol:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I posted it because I found it interesting but, make no mistake, I full expected at least one person to immediately compare this young man to some of the other UVA young men with brushes with the law that came before him. naive i am not.
Caddy Day
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:44 pm
don't stereotype... any particular reason you didn't post this also with a new bucknell thread, or patriot league?
He played 3 years at Bucknell and starred there but wasn't used as much in his 1 year at Virginia. I get it. It fills the narrative better to leave out where he played the majority of his career.
Typical Lax Dad

blue angels wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:12 pm
He played 3 years at Bucknell and starred there but wasn't used as much in his 1 year at Virginia. I get it. It fills the narrative better to leave out where he played the majority of his career.
Was he hurt at UVA? I can’t remember. I had actually forgotten he was at Bucknell.
“I wish you would!”
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:31 pm
Was he hurt at UVA? I can’t remember. I had actually forgotten he was at Bucknell.
Funny, I couldn't really recall him at Virginia. I do remember seeing the Tourney game Bucknell should have beaten us. Thank You Steele.
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

Farfromgeneva wrote:
Then again, we also had a kid, from around the same timeframe, from Georgetown Prep who liked bashing skulls in of pretty girls.
Who was that? George Huguely did not go to Georgetown Prep.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

My bad, know a few prep kids, including the Shuler brothers, who knew him from HS and told stories of him being an angry d**k and assumed he also went to Prep.
Typical Lax Dad

blue angels wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:54 am
Funny, I couldn't really recall him at Virginia. I do remember seeing the Tourney game Bucknell should have beaten us. Thank You Steele.
He was local and I didn’t know him until his last year at Bucknell and then followed him at UVA. Steele was really a terrific lacrosse player. Just complete.
“I wish you would!”
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Huguely went to Landon.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Apparently there are 2 verbals forthcoming: (1) the #10 ranked IL prospect, a Face Off Guy from Georgetown Prep and (2) a Goalie from Gilman.
Caddy Day
HowieT3

Post by HowieT3 »

On The Sabre someone posted he had a high-ankle sprain while at UVa which limited his ability to play.
52 70 72 99
03 06 11 19 21
Typical Lax Dad

HowieT3 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:23 pm
On The Sabre someone posted he had a high-ankle sprain while at UVa which limited his ability to play.
Thanks. That’s it.
“I wish you would!”
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Virginia has commitments from the IL #10 player, Face Off from Georgetown Prep and a 4 star goalie from Gilman. It’s a Nice start to recruiting.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”