Johns Hopkins 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

If this keeps up, I’m going to start posting cats again.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:20 pm Hopkins survived 1918-1919 and went on to win two Olympics.
Someone should've made a syllabus of all the books written by famous Hopkins lacrosse alumni and about the program as well as stories from papers/sports illustrated over the years and made the freshmen read it over the summer.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu06 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:42 pm
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:20 pm Hopkins survived 1918-1919 and went on to win two Olympics.
Someone should've made a syllabus of all the books written by famous Hopkins lacrosse alumni and about the program as well as stories from papers/sports illustrated over the years and made the freshmen read it over the summer.
Can I say this?
I loved both posts by Wombat, even the threat of cats!
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:37 pm
JBFortunato wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:53 pm There are and will be ramifications to the human experience as a result of lockdowns and associated efforts to control a virus that clearly will not be controlled
Plenty of other countries have controlled it
JBFortunato wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:53 pm If we don't do it now, there won't be much of a world left.
Again, much of the world seems to be doing ok right now. Lucky for them, they had governments who didn't waste months calling it a hoax, or saying it'd just magically disappear, or overseeing a totally botched deployment of tests amid a healthcare system ill-equipped to handle any of it. And they listened to their experts (not random guys on Twitter or people who don't know how to pronounce Yosemite), and wore masks when asked to, and now they get to send their kids to school and play sports. Weird how that works.
Countries that locked down and mandated masks are experiencing a resurgence of the virus. Countries that let the virus run its course are fine. Weird how that works.

Masks are more or less useless. Lockdowns kill people in far greater numbers than any virus. This was the science before Covid. Politicians on the left and right are guilty of ignoring that science.

The healthcare system was never in danger of collapse, and most hospitals have experienced fewer patients over the last six months than they did previous to the pandemic, not more.

These are all verifiable facts.

People like you always want us to "listen to the science" and then you start ranting about Trump. And conveniently forget about the thousands of poor souls who died in nursing homes in certain states. This isn't political, and many of us don't care who did what, the only thing that matters now is taking the right course and moving forward. Roll out the balls, as one wise poster said earlier.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

JBFortunato wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:29 pm Masks are more or less useless.
have to bring this one out of retirement for the post above:

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

What a disturbing photo.

First, what a horrible place to position the PC. The clown will roll right into it with the chair.

And the really small trash can is to the right of the PC. Need to swap these around.

Desk is too neat. Coffee mug is out of reach. Too many CDs. Obviously listens to music all day, and with no headphones either.

Looks like a poor performer and disruptive to coworkers.

Fire this assclown.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Not to mention his hand position suggests no one taught him QWERTY.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Cannibals refuse to eat clowns - because they taste funny.
Old Lax Fan

Post by Old Lax Fan »

Bluesteel wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:01 pm I am appalled at the cognitive deficiency being displayed on a JHU forum thread. What is the death rate for healthy (no-comorbities) under 25 years old. Bunch of pussies,y'all.

According to the CDC in the period between February 1 and August 19, 2020 there were 17838 deaths between the ages of 15 and 24. Of those 17838 deaths, 264 were due to COVID. There are about 42 million people in this age group.

During the same period there 2820 deaths between the ages of 5 and 14. Of those 2820 deaths, 27 were due to COVID. There are about 41 million people in this age group.

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-C ... /9bhg-hcku
Last edited by Old Lax Fan on Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
viper

Post by viper »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:49 am What a disturbing photo.

First, what a horrible place to position the PC. The clown will roll right into it with the chair.

And the really small trash can is to the right of the PC. Need to swap these around.

Desk is too neat. Coffee mug is out of reach. Too many CDs. Obviously listens to music all day, and with no headphones either.

Looks like a poor performer and disruptive to coworkers.

Fire this assclown.

Ah, we finally come to learn what you do when you disappear on all your "trips". You are the Marie Kondo for cubicle workers worldwide. :lol:
viper

Post by viper »

Old Lax Fan wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:19 am
Bluesteel wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:01 pm I am appalled at the cognitive deficiency being displayed on a JHU forum thread. What is the death rate for healthy (no-comorbities) under 25 years old. Bunch of pussies,y'all.

According to the CDC in the period between February 1 and August 19, 2020 there were 17838 deaths between the ages of 15 and 24. Of those 17838 deaths, 264 were due to COVID. 264 deaths in about 42 million people.

During the same period there 2820 deaths between the ages of 5 and 14. Of those 2820 deaths, 27 were due to COVID. 27 deaths in about 41 million people.

Cigarettes, seat belts, airbags, vaping, masks.........

just sayin :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

According to the CDC in the period between February 1 and August 19, 2020 there were 17838 deaths between the ages of 15 and 24. Of those 17838 deaths, 264 were due to COVID. 264 deaths in about 42 million people.

During the same period there 2820 deaths between the ages of 5 and 14. Of those 2820 deaths, 27 were due to COVID. 27 deaths in about 41 million people.

41 million people had the virus?
“I wish you would!”
Old Lax Fan

Post by Old Lax Fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:27 am

41 million people had the virus?
Sorry. There are 41 million people in the age group 5-14, and about 42 million in the age group 15-24. I do not know how many had the virus.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Towson closed campus this morning. I was looking last weekend for a list of our rivals and whether they're practicing this fall and what budget ramifications they've had. The towson forum posted that they have a 25 percent operating budget cut.
Acc/B1g are playing football so I imagine they're on campus and a go.
princeton, loyola, towson I'm not sure on.
It was also never clear to me what the longterm fates of navy, delaware, msm, were on our schedule or what games Milliman wanted to add.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:50 pm Towson closed campus this morning. I was looking last weekend for a list of our rivals and whether they're practicing this fall and what budget ramifications they've had. The towson forum posted that they have a 25 percent operating budget cut.
Acc/B1g are playing football so I imagine they're on campus and a go.
princeton, loyola, towson I'm not sure on.
It was also never clear to me what the longterm fates of navy, delaware, msm, were on our schedule or what games Milliman wanted to add.
He definitely wanted to keep Navy, but now it's unclear how Covid will affect scheduling. In a normal year, we'd have Navy on the schedule again. I don't know anything about the other two. My hunch is MSM is not going to stay for long. Delaware I could see keeping around because Grant Jr. is an alum and might still have connections there.
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

So that German study WRT to heart issues on COVID that drove the B!G to make it decisions on football might not be as concerning as it was made out to be. Now, much of this is beyond my level of knowledge but it seems like they overstated their results.

Here are the errors noted by the researchers. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaca ... ct/2770026
Here is a cardiologiats twitter thread on this. https://mobile.twitter.com/ProfDFrancis ... 1652718593

But, this demonstrates exactly one of my huge concerns. The media looks at an initial press report and follows the bleeds it leads theory on this. Everyone takes this as the truth and it becomes much harder to move the needle back to normalcy because people continue to fall into the fears of the unknown.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

steel_hop wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:30 am So that German study WRT to heart issues on COVID that drove the B!G to make it decisions on football might not be as concerning as it was made out to be. Now, much of this is beyond my level of knowledge but it seems like they overstated their results.

Here are the errors noted by the researchers. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaca ... ct/2770026
Here is a cardiologiats twitter thread on this. https://mobile.twitter.com/ProfDFrancis ... 1652718593

But, this demonstrates exactly one of my huge concerns. The media looks at an initial press report and follows the bleeds it leads theory on this. Everyone takes this as the truth and it becomes much harder to move the needle back to normalcy because people continue to fall into the fears of the unknown.
Why is this the media’s fault when you’ve got a set of “leadership” at some supposedly excellent research institutions?

And, as we all know, Germans are nihilists and care about nothing but the f’ng money Lebowski!
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:58 am
steel_hop wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:30 am So that German study WRT to heart issues on COVID that drove the B!G to make it decisions on football might not be as concerning as it was made out to be. Now, much of this is beyond my level of knowledge but it seems like they overstated their results.

Why is this the media’s fault when you’ve got a set of “leadership” at some supposedly excellent research institutions?

And, as we all know, Germans are nihilists and care about nothing but the f’ng money Lebowski!
Wow! Some Maidchen shoot you down?
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Sorry. Missed the reference.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”