Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:10 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:31 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:04 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:15 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:45 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:16 am
njbill wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:12 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:55 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Obama.html

Because when your a former POTUS the rules don't apply to you. They are only used on all those common folk. ;)
So the bottom line is he followed the law, right?
A better way to phrase it is they made an exception to the law for former POTUS Barack Obama. As Mel Brooks would say... its good to be the former king.
nope, the provision is available to anyone. Yes, anyone.
It costs $, but that's it, no "exception" necessary due to celebrity etc.

Read the article, it's clear.

Now if you wish to criticize Obama for opting to keep the wall despite environmental issues, that's a legit argument.

So it has nothing to do with saving the environment? You should take a cue and try and understand what that means. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Sure it costs..... duuuuuuuuuh.
Please re-read what I wrote.

I'm saying you could have a legit critique of the decision to retain the existing seawall from an environmental perspective. I don't know enough to say whether it's actually damaging to the environment or not, but apparently that's why new construction doesn't allow seawalls.

But there's a whale of a difference between criticizing someone on that personal decision basis versus claiming they got some special exception because they are a celebrity, or as you said "king" as in former POTUS. The latter critique holds no water. Just factually incorrect.

But go ahead and critique Obama for the environmental decision, someone with far more understanding of that issue than me would have to debate you on that one.
The powers that be in Hawaii are the ones that have an issue with the sea wall. Their position is very clear that it contributes to beach erosion. I really don't give a flying fig if BHO's developer keeps the wall, expands it or to be politically correct, tears it down. The special exception I refer to that you gloss over comes from having enough money to pay for a waiver. There should be no waivers for new construction. Here is an analogy for you from my years of installing beverage system in restaurants and bars. If you you gut a bar/restaurant and redo it, guess what?? all those grandfathered fire code exemptions go out the window with your construction permit. The reason for that is obvious but still very expensive if your doing a remodel. This development the Obama developer is building is new construction. They should be starting from square one abiding by what the code says today. It is pretty hinky to me that if you shell out enough money for a multi million dollar house for a waiver then what is the point of having an environmental regulation that a bunch of mega wealthy people can just ignore by putting up big bucks. After all, you of all people have stated unequivocally your support for saving the environment and our planet. You should be the one critical of the Obama developer for not just tearing the wall down to begin with.
No argument with me on your logic about what "should" happen, my sole point is, and has been, that the exception is available to any and all, no special treatment necessary for former POTUS.

On the actual environmental issue, my hunch would be that it indeed likely ought to be torn down rather than grandfathered, but it's also possible that the $ paid to not have to do so contribute sufficiently to other erosion mitigation efforts to cover what erosion it causes (assuming that's the case), and perhaps much more...but this is far from my field of knowledge, so just spitballing.

But I do know that such logic gets applied on other such environmental issues, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case here.
I think we have found a happy medium here. ;)
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Democratic protesters tried to burn down the ICE buidling in Portland last night. Multiple police officers were injured by thrown rocks.

Attractive political party. :roll:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Sanders Supporters Realize Their Party Is Bigger Than They Are
That Biden could be more beholden to moderates is a reasonable fear for progressives to have, given the Democratic Party’s changing makeup, says Dave Wasserman, an elections analyst at “The Cook Political Report.” While Sanders and his allies have made significant gains in intra-party policy debates, overall “Democrats have become a more moderate party in the past four years, because there’s a new name for suburban Republicans who don’t like Trump—and that’s Democrats,” Wasserman told me.

Two high-profile groups run largely by former Republican political operatives, the Lincoln Project and Republican Voters Against Trump, are trying to encourage even more GOP defections. To progressives, the risk of this Republican involvement is that it will nudge Biden back to the place where he’s most comfortable: the middle. “The concept that these [former Republicans] are somehow to be trusted and have any [intention] at all of keeping with the proposed Democratic agenda is preposterous,” Levon Siler, the lead organizer for Our Revolution Cincinnati, told me in a separate call toward the end of last night’s programming. Siler and other progressives argue that the economic and health crises facing the nation require massive and immediate government interventions—the kind that many moderates and former Republicans don’t support. “The alignment of the Democratic Party with Republicans undermines any serious overtures on [Biden’s] part to enact these vital reforms,” Siler wrote in a follow-up text.

But before the Democratic Party can do anything, Biden has to win the election. And as far as campaign strategies go, casting a wide net for supporters has proved effective: Assembling a broad base of ideologically diverse supporters was exactly how Biden defeated Sanders in this year’s Democratic primary. “In order to win and govern, you need the middle as well as your own party,” Donna Brazile, the former acting chair of the Democratic National Committee, told me. “This is the moment for Democrats to appeal to more than simply the base of the party or more than just a faction of its supporters.” Tim Miller, Republican Voters Against Trump’s political director and the communications director for Jeb Bush’s 2016 campaign, scoffed when I told him that some progressives were concerned about Republican defectors hijacking their party. “Wouldn’t you want to have more moderate elected Democrats than a nationalist, bigoted, far-right reality-TV-show host?” he replied.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:54 am Sanders Supporters Realize Their Party Is Bigger Than They Are
That Biden could be more beholden to moderates is a reasonable fear for progressives to have, given the Democratic Party’s changing makeup, says Dave Wasserman, an elections analyst at “The Cook Political Report.” While Sanders and his allies have made significant gains in intra-party policy debates, overall “Democrats have become a more moderate party in the past four years, because there’s a new name for suburban Republicans who don’t like Trump—and that’s Democrats,” Wasserman told me.

Two high-profile groups run largely by former Republican political operatives, the Lincoln Project and Republican Voters Against Trump, are trying to encourage even more GOP defections. To progressives, the risk of this Republican involvement is that it will nudge Biden back to the place where he’s most comfortable: the middle. “The concept that these [former Republicans] are somehow to be trusted and have any [intention] at all of keeping with the proposed Democratic agenda is preposterous,” Levon Siler, the lead organizer for Our Revolution Cincinnati, told me in a separate call toward the end of last night’s programming. Siler and other progressives argue that the economic and health crises facing the nation require massive and immediate government interventions—the kind that many moderates and former Republicans don’t support. “The alignment of the Democratic Party with Republicans undermines any serious overtures on [Biden’s] part to enact these vital reforms,” Siler wrote in a follow-up text.

But before the Democratic Party can do anything, Biden has to win the election. And as far as campaign strategies go, casting a wide net for supporters has proved effective: Assembling a broad base of ideologically diverse supporters was exactly how Biden defeated Sanders in this year’s Democratic primary. “In order to win and govern, you need the middle as well as your own party,” Donna Brazile, the former acting chair of the Democratic National Committee, told me. “This is the moment for Democrats to appeal to more than simply the base of the party or more than just a faction of its supporters.” Tim Miller, Republican Voters Against Trump’s political director and the communications director for Jeb Bush’s 2016 campaign, scoffed when I told him that some progressives were concerned about Republican defectors hijacking their party. “Wouldn’t you want to have more moderate elected Democrats than a nationalist, bigoted, far-right reality-TV-show host?” he replied.
One odd fact Dis. That bigoted, far right reality TV show host sure made a bunch of FLP television folks an awful lot of money doing his schtick for them. NOW they hate him. Why no complaining when they were taking that money they made off of trump to the bank?
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Because back then he was not trying to become President for Life like his best buddies Vlad, Xi, and Kim. :roll:

Please try to keep up.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU77 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:48 pm Because back then he was not trying to become President for Life like his best buddies Vlad, Xi, and Kim. :roll:

Please try to keep up.
But back then he was still making a lot of FLP TV folks a ton of money of his show. Since when have these bunch of communist f***s in TV land suddenly developed agita towards the chicoms and the russians in general? They suddenly developed a bad case of patriotism when trump became POTUS? :roll: Maybe you should take your own advise and try to keep up? trump is not a republican. Trump spent most of his life as a democrat. That is what you do when you live in NYC and your lively hood is developing real estate. You gotta kiss a boatloat of liberal ass and write alot of checks to keep greasing the skids for all your projects. Hence the happy, happy smiley faces with Bill and Hillary at his wedding... savvy? The rightious indignation from the far left magically appeared after don the con effed them all and ran as a so called republican. And then he freaking won!!! :o
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:18 pm
CU77 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:48 pm Because back then he was not trying to become President for Life like his best buddies Vlad, Xi, and Kim. :roll:

Please try to keep up.
But back then he was still making a lot of FLP TV folks a ton of money of his show. Since when have these bunch of communist f***s in TV land suddenly developed agita towards the chicoms and the russians in general? They suddenly developed a bad case of patriotism when trump became POTUS? :roll: Maybe you should take your own advise and try to keep up? trump is not a republican. Trump spent most of his life as a democrat. That is what you do when you live in NYC and your lively hood is developing real estate. You gotta kiss a boatloat of liberal ass and write alot of checks to keep greasing the skids for all your projects. Hence the happy, happy smiley faces with Bill and Hillary at his wedding... savvy? The rightious indignation from the far left magically appeared after don the con effed them all and ran as a so called republican. And then he freaking won!!! :o

What’s the difference between California and Titanic?

Titanic had its lights on when it sank.

:lol:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

LGBTQ and Muslim Caucuses during DNC remove “under God” from the Pledge of Allegiance:

https://twitter.com/davidbrodycbn/statu ... 80099?s=21
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I have an announcement:

LGBT.jpg
LGBT.jpg (20.98 KiB) Viewed 1429 times

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

3 cops ambushed and shot in Maryland.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/maryland-pol ... t-ambushed

Democrats mad that a guy with outstanding warrants ignored police, reached into a car, and was shot.

Waiting on their outrage about the police who were ambushed.

:roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

This reporter whom I have never heard of, Shelby Talcott, has more stones than all the men who work for CBS< ABC, CNN< MSNBC, and ABC combined. I'll note she is an ex-D1 athlete.

Anyway, she's out there in Kenosha filming everything, right in the mix.

Watch her entire thread of videos, but especially this video where some citizens come out with their AR's and defend private businesses, which of course the Democrats want to burn down and therefore are angry that anyone would dare defend their business which has nothing to do with the Kenosha shooting!

Some residents were harassed by the crowd for protecting a local business (not their own business)

“We’re out here trying to protect residents, we’re trying to protect the innocent people and we’re trying to protect the businesses of the citizens out here...”

https://twitter.com/ShelbyTalcott/statu ... 06177?s=20

Strong women are simply the best! I applaud this woman so much.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

In Adams Morgan, protesters screamed at Lauren B. Victor for several minutes for refusing to raise her fist with them.

“Are you a Christian?” a female protester demanded.

“Good for you — you stood your ground," Chuck Modiano said sarcastically as the crowd moved on. Modiano, who had been yelling at Victor and moments later identified himself as a citizen journalist who writes for Deadspin told Victor he couldn’t understand why she was the only diner in the area who wouldn’t comply. “What was in you, you couldn’t do this?”

“I felt I was under attack,” Victor, an urban planner, said, adding that she felt there was something wrong about being coerced to show support.

https://twitter.com/kunklefredrick/stat ... 38720?s=21

Democrats are going to get blown out in November. Watch.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:35 pm LGBTQ and Muslim Caucuses during DNC remove “under God” from the Pledge of Allegiance:

https://twitter.com/davidbrodycbn/statu ... 80099?s=21
Who would have thought the LGBTQ and Muslim Caucuses were originalists?

It's nice to see us get back to the way things used to be when America was great.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Not one mention of rioters, violence or civil unrest at the DNC.
Biden lost a great opportunity to address the elephant in the room. Yet his handlers didn’t allow it. Or he’s trying to serve too many masters.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Speak to the REALITY of this.

Bet you can't afan, TLD, MD, jhu, et al.

Just a few stupid kids! No violent protests!

500 Million in destruction. One American city.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ki ... ORM=VDRVRV
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:20 am Not one mention of rioters, violence or civil unrest at the DNC.
Biden lost a great opportunity to address the elephant in the room. Yet his handlers didn’t allow it. Or he’s trying to serve too many masters.

That’s the base of the party. Joe won’t slam his own voters.

More than 50% of Democratic respondents in a poll said the DNC platform isn’t progressive enough.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Now this is pretty funny.

https://conservativebrief.com/new-law-b ... YBBfmBkq4g

“Whereas on June 18, 2020, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi ordered the removal from the Capitol portraits of four previous Speakers of the House who served in the Confederacy saying that these portraits ‘set back our nation’s work to confront and combat bigotry,'” he said in his speech.

“The men depicted in the portraits were Democrat Robert M.T. Hunter, Democrat Howell Cobb, Democrat James L. Orr, and Democrat Charles F. Crisp,” he said.

“Resolved, that the Speaker of the House of Representatives shall remove any item that named symbolizes or mentions any political organization or party that has ever held a public position that supported slavery or the Confederacy, from any area within the House wing of the Capitol or any House office building, and shall donate such item or symbol to the Library of Congress,” the representative said.

And two, that any political organization or party that has ever held a public position that supported slavery of the Confederacy shall either change its name or be barred from participation in the House of Representatives,” he said.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

She finally tired of looking in the mirror? :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:45 pm I have an announcement:

LGBT.jpg

Wear that shirt in certain places and you will get the HELL beaten out of you. Liberals would refer to it as re-education. :D
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:52 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:45 pm I have an announcement:

LGBT.jpg

Wear that shirt in certain places and you will get the HELL beaten out of you. Liberals would refer to it as re-education. :D

The great thing about living in a thoroughly red state is everyone laughs when you wear a shirt like this; absolutely no one takes it seriously excepting a few lunatic Dems who moved here from MA or NY (mask nazi's that inhabit Palm Beach). I can not imagine living in a liberal state; it would feel like the Iron Curtain, with Young Pioneers snooping on you, 'Karens' on every corner ratting out their neighbors. Repressive.

Dems have no sense of humor. Here at Fanlax, the only Dem that seems to have a sense of humor is Disslaxx. I might buy him the shirt! What size do you need Diss? Wear with pride! Or at Pride! :lol:

LGBT.jpg
LGBT.jpg (20.98 KiB) Viewed 1320 times

Return to “POLITICS”