RIP NY Tech Lacrosse

D2 Mens Lacrosse
River Donkey

RIP NY Tech Lacrosse

Post by River Donkey »

Athletics has been cut for the next 2 years. Sad end for a storied program that started with nothing and became a D2 power.
D2fan

Re: RIP NY Tech Lacrosse

Post by D2fan »

Crazy to think 10 years ago Long Island was the pinnacle of D2 lacrosse. With LIU Post, NYIT and Dowling all winning NCAA championships in the late 2000's/early 2010's. Then Dowling closes, LIU moves up to D1(not a bad thing) and now this with Tech.

Now there are just Adelphi and Molloy left.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
jakester

Post by jakester »

River Donkey wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:43 pm Athletics has been cut for the next 2 years. Sad end for a storied program that started with nothing and became a D2 power.
Ya, but they are keeping eSports :roll: ...LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Very sad direction NYIT is taking.
jakester

Post by jakester »

Serious question - Will NYIT still receiving funding from NCAA if they suspended their athletic program for 2 years?
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Jakester - fill me in. What funding has NYIT ever received from the NCAA?
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

I believe he’s talking about the revenue distribution. The NCAA distributes I believe about 5% of their revenue every year to Division II. This is spread among all university and conferences.
Which is roughly 500mil. Interesting question I guess it depends on if the university continues to pay its dues and membership fee’s?
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Interesting - I wasn't aware of any revenue distribution at D2 or D3, but it was pretty easy to find in the NCAA financial statement.

For the year ended August 31, 2019:
Distributions, Grants and Scholarships
Division 2 - $13,056,923
Division 3 - $4,988,609

With over 300 D2 programs, that would average about $41k per school. I don't know what distinguishes a distribution from grants and scholarships, but once that cash is split among those three things, it's probably a pretty small amount that's discretionary to the institutions.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

According to the Pace Lacrosse IG account... The legendary Coach Kaley has passed.
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

Gorilla Fan wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:11 pm According to the Pace Lacrosse IG account... The legendary Coach Kaley has passed.
Sad.

Great guy and people (from the outside) may have thought he was a little crazy but did wonders for the game and the young men he coached.

RIP

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”