All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Peter Brown

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:44 pm Hmm. Is somebody watching Mark Levin?

Even Trump has given up on HCQ.

Where is the “that ship has sailed” emoji?

Are you saying this doctor/scientist with 300 peer reviewed studies is incorrect?
njbill

Post by njbill »

Yes.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:01 pmYes.

Party before science, I guess.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:56 pm

Are you saying this doctor/scientist with 300 peer reviewed studies is incorrect?

It may possibly arrest the spread of or possibly kill the virus in a few cases. But that does not mean it does not have severe side effects. This medicine has been shown to accelerate the heart beat with reported fatal consequences. That is why it has not been widely prescribed anywhere. By the way, the FDA which is under tRUMP's control has advised against it. Therefore, blaming Democrats for not using it is once again a sure sign of right wing stupidity.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:24 pm
Yes, and in this case, direct all complaints to Dr. Fauci. He's the head fred, and is responsible for all medical advice on this virus.

So if you don't like what we're doing? Complain to him.

But you won't do that, because he's part of a Republican Administration...and we can't have that, right, Pete?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:34 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:56 pm

It may possibly arrest the spread of or possibly kill the virus in a few cases. But that does not mean it does not have severe side effects. This medicine has been shown to accelerate the heart beat with reported fatal consequences. That is why it has not been widely prescribed anywhere. By the way, the FDA which is under tRUMP's control has advised against it. Therefore, blaming Democrats for not using it is once again a sure sign of right wing stupidity.
it's actually widely prescribed lots of places.
if you can find a study using recommended dosing that shows severe side effects, i'd like to see it.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I believe Donald Trump. If he is no longer talking about it, and he hasn’t for a couple of months now, then it must be no good. Even our resident HCQ advocate hasn’t touted it in quite some time. (Oops, he just proved me wrong. :lol: )

I was watching the same show as you. Honest to God, I had to check the date to see if it was a rerun from May.

What is the ratio on HCQ reports now, about 9-1 against?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

in other news, all youse guys that thought you'd wait on the guinea pigs, buckle up!
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... -residents
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:48 pm it's actually widely prescribed lots of places.
if you can find a study using recommended dosing that shows severe side effects, i'd like to see it.

click google for links to FDA

https://www.google.com/search?q=FDA+rul ... e&ie=UTF-8
Last edited by Brooklyn on Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:52 pm

I believe Donald Trump. If he is no longer talking about it, and he hasn’t for a couple of months now, then it must be no good. Even our resident HCQ advocate hasn’t touted it in quite some time. (Oops, he just proved me wrong. :lol: )

I was watching the same show as you. Honest to God, I had to check the date to see if it was a rerun from May.

nah, it's not that bad:

https://c19study.com/
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:56 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:48 pm it's actually widely prescribed lots of places.

no, that's ok. just link me one.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:59 pm

ah, you replied before I put the link on

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:04 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:59 pm

ah, you replied before I put the link on
brooklyn... i don't think you'll find one but i'll be happy to be informed if there is one. your link did not provide any.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:58 pm

nah, it's not that bad:

Where is the “game changer” category? ;)
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:11 pm

nah, it's not that bad:

take it. whaddaya got to lose? take it.
njbill

Post by njbill »

nah, it's not that bad:

I just pulled that ratio out of my rear end, as I suspect you understand. Nevertheless, the overwhelming scientific consensus at this point is that the drug doesn’t work on the coronavirus to any important degree.

I’m actually not one of those who overly emphasizes the side effects. All drugs have side effects. Heart problems have long been known to be a possible adverse side effect of HCQ. The reported percentage is low, however. As with all drugs, the doctor has to decide whether to prescribe the medication after balancing the pros and cons for the particular patient.

I went to Bolivia about five years ago and was advised to take an anti-malarial drug. HCQ was one of the ones discussed. It was suggested to me that I take a more modern malaria drug because HCQ had side effects. Don’t remember them mentioning heart problems. What I remember is they said the drug could cause hallucinations. So I didn’t take it. I went with a more modern drug.

So, for me, the bottom line for HCQ is that, while its known side effects probably are rare enough as to not to be of significant concern, the drug doesn’t work. I have no interest in taking a drug that doesn’t work.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:13 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:11 pm

nah, it's not that bad:

take it. whaddaya got to lose? take it.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:13 pm

nah, it's not that bad:

I just pulled that ratio out of my rear end, as I suspect you understand. Nevertheless, the overwhelming scientific consensus at this point is that the drug doesn’t work on the coronavirus to any important degree.

I’m actually not one of those who overly emphasizes the side effects. All drugs have side effects. Heart problems have long been known to be a possible adverse side effect of HCQ. The reported percentage is low, however. As with all drugs, the doctor has to decide whether to prescribe the medication after balancing the pros and cons for the particular patient.

I went to Bolivia about five years ago and was advised to take an anti-malarial drug. HCQ was one of the ones discussed. It was suggested to me that I take a more modern malaria drug because HCQ had side effects. Don’t remember them mentioning heart problems. What I remember is they said the drug could cause hallucinations. So I didn’t take it. I went with a more modern drug.

So, for me, the bottom line for HCQ is that, while its known side effects probably are rare enough as to not to be of significant concern, the drug doesn’t work. I have no interest in taking a drug that doesn’t work.
i hear ya. i'd like to see some early treatment and prophylaxis trials, but that may come after the pandemic.

i never took you for a woodstock or haight ashbury guy!
njbill

Post by njbill »

:lol:

When I took my daughter to San Francisco years ago, we took a picture at the corner of Haight and Ashbury with the street sign in the background. Can’t find it unfortunately.
Typical Lax Dad

njbill wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:13 pm

nah, it's not that bad:

Return to “POLITICS”