All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Brooklyn

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Brooklyn »

https://www.google.com/search?q=corona+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

176,000+ American deaths due to tRUMPvirus and the Republican death panels.

Just imagine if this happened under the Democrats - what would the delusional right wingers be saying?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Personal situation:

Just learned that my nephew who manages a restaurant in Charleston, SC felt sick, was tested positive. But he had just driven his sister and her boyfriend (now betrothed!) to the airport to fly up to NH to be with her parents, her sister and her boyfriend, and her grandmother, my 83 yr old mom at the lake house...

So, yesterday they headed to get tested at the closest testing site in NH, but learned on the way that the turnaround in test time for an answer would be 10 days...10 days!

So, they're looking for another testing facility.

My mom returns home (our house), driven by my sister the end of this week....

Meanwhile, my knucklehead, Trumpist basement dweller sent a text to my wife on Friday that he'd hopped on a plane to New Orleans and then Mississippi from some sort of tax lien thing...not sure what it is. Gets back Monday night. He thinks he's going to be a house renovator/landlord and goes to these scammy conferences every few months...he bought and has 95% renovated a house in SE DC, taking now 8 years without finishing the darn thing and getting a nickel in rent... :roll: The challenge, of course, is that he's coming back into the house after who knows what exposure...how to effectively quarantine him is going to be a huge issue...
calourie

Post by calourie »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:31 am
njbill wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:43 pm180,000.
Yes, and hardly any reaction.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

How did Trump supporters become so indifferent to so many deaths?

We could have around a quarter million dead Americans by Election Day.

DocBarrister
Yahoo article today says 57% of repubs think the 170,000+ death numbers are okay, whereas 90% of dems and 67% of independents don't. Not exactly a winning campaign issue and likely to get worse. Sturgis Covid infections in Minnesota dismissed by Kra above just doubled+ from 7 to 15 and the event isn't yet two weeks old, and the likelihood of school openings causing even more havoc across the country looks like a no brainer. Obviously there will be no consensus on an acceptable number of deaths, but the trends will undoubtedly determine near term economic activity and the speed of our nation's return to a meaningful normalcy.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:12 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:53 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:40 pm [flash=][/flash]
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:22 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:19 pm Sturgis was a spreading event.
Impossible!
The rally, which drew hundreds of thousands of bikers to the 6,900-person city, has been tied to 15 new coronavirus cases in Nebraska, seven in Minnesota, and multiple incidences in South Dakota, according to CNN.

22 confirmed cases. Go figure.

Sturgis generally draws between 250,000 and 750,000 attendees.
Good thing it doesn’t spread!
Sturgis was a peaceful protest. Ocean City Bike Week, sched for Sept 16-20, has been canceled. That's our OC time share week (by coincidence).
Was looking forward to George Thorogood & the Delaware Destroyers on Thurs night. They're rebooked for Sept 2021.
Sturgis was not a protest.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

The 57% of Republicans who think that 176,000 COVID-19 deaths are acceptable are the SAME very fine "people" who thought 4 Benghazi deaths were too many.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:26 am Personal situation:

Just learned that my nephew who manages a restaurant in Charleston, SC felt sick, was tested positive. But he had just driven his sister and her boyfriend (now betrothed!) to the airport to fly up to NH to be with her parents, her sister and her boyfriend, and her grandmother, my 83 yr old mom at the lake house...

So, yesterday they headed to get tested at the closest testing site in NH, but learned on the way that the turnaround in test time for an answer would be 10 days...10 days!

So, they're looking for another testing facility.

My mom returns home (our house), driven by my sister the end of this week....

Meanwhile, my knucklehead, Trumpist basement dweller sent a text to my wife on Friday that he'd hopped on a plane to New Orleans and then Mississippi from some sort of tax lien thing...not sure what it is. Gets back Monday night. He thinks he's going to be a house renovator/landlord and goes to these scammy conferences every few months...he bought and has 95% renovated a house in SE DC, taking now 8 years without finishing the darn thing and getting a nickel in rent... :roll: The challenge, of course, is that he's coming back into the house after who knows what exposure...how to effectively quarantine him is going to be a huge issue...
Your making me feel bad MD. I have been so relentless in picking on you. Your life sure is no picnic at times. My life is a piece of cake by comparison. There is my wife and I and our dog. Not a one of us gives a flying fig about politics or politicians. I enjoy talking about politics, but I have no dog in the race. I can sit here on the sidelines and watch the circus parade pass by on its way to the big top. To quote Ed Sullivan... "its gonna be a really big sheeeew." :D BTW, Covid is no issue in my house. We don't go anywhere and we are isolated from the human race as much as possible. My wife refuses to go out to a restaurant at this time. Lucky for us she is a great cook. I think your living arrangement would make a great comedy sitcom. You ever thought of filling in the basement with concrete?
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:26 am So, yesterday they headed to get tested at the closest testing site in NH, but learned on the way that the turnaround in test time for an answer would be 10 days...10 days!
At some point----at some point----we have to recognize that this is unacceptable for the leader of the free world.

There are millions of Americans who have told themselves that we have superior free market health care.

I'm not seeing this alleged superiority.....and I don't understand that others don't, too.

It's there for the folks in the Hamptons and that rapid testing, though----think the rest of TrumpLand will catch on to that?

Nope. Let them eat cake.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:24 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:26 am So, yesterday they headed to get tested at the closest testing site in NH, but learned on the way that the turnaround in test time for an answer would be 10 days...10 days!
At some point----at some point----we have to recognize that this is unacceptable for the leader of the free world.

There are millions of Americans who have told themselves that we have superior free market health care.

I'm not seeing this alleged superiority.....and I don't understand that others don't, too.

It's there for the folks in the Hamptons and that rapid testing, though----think the rest of TrumpLand will catch on to that?

Nope. Let them eat cake.
I have been one of the guys (for years) cautioning on the hubris over how great our medical system. It is f**king great if you are filthy rich, otherwise it is less good than the average western democracy. The outcomes numbers have been showing this for decades - the numbers don't lie! But I am surprised at just how poorly we have done in this pandemic, compared to the entire rest of the world, our results pretty much suck. This is not entirely the fault of the medical system. The morons that make up our population have contributed massively to the failure.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:39 pm

Nope. Let them eat cake.
I have been one of the guys (for years) cautioning on the hubris over how great our medical system. It is f**king great if you are filthy rich, otherwise it is less good than the average western democracy. The outcomes numbers have been showing this for decades - the numbers don't lie! But I am surprised at just how poorly we have done in this pandemic, compared to the entire rest of the world, our results pretty much suck. This is not entirely the fault of the medical system. The morons that make up our population have contributed massively to the failure.
That’s odd, my son has been back at college for two weeks and has been tested twice, less than 72 hour results.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:15 pm

Nope. Let them eat cake.
That’s odd, my son has been back at college for two weeks and has been tested twice, less than 72 hour results.
We don’t have a national program with standards.

EDIT: My daughter took hers this morning and had the results back a few hours later. Will be tested once a week. Keep your fingers crossed.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Trump admin fast tracks convalescent plasma....great news.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
njbill

Post by njbill »

I would call it decent news, not necessarily great. Certainly a positive step.

The big question is why the FDA said mere days ago they weren’t ready to do this, but now all of a sudden they are.

Did Trump place his thumb on the scale? My guess is yes.

As the commentators are asking, what changed in such a short amount of time? Where are the studies that support this?

Having said all that, I thought all along (I’m not the only one of course) that this type of therapy would work. The problem is scale as I understand it. Even if it does work, I don’t think it can be scaled up to treat millions of people.

What concerns me is that Trump is going to force the FDA in, say, October to “announce” that a vaccine has been “approved” on an emergency use basis, just like today’s announcement, even though the vaccine isn’t nearly ready to go. In fact, I’ll bet my retirement account against yours. ;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Nope. Let them eat cake.
What state?

What my family was told (just confirmed this with my sister) was the area of NH hadn't purchased the tests that have faster turnaround, haven't ramped up...it was going to cost over $1,000 for the 7 person crew to get tested, with 7-10 day turnaround.

My nephew apparently didn't catch it at the restaurant, but rather his idiot roommate was feeling bad, didn't tell him, and continued to infect both him...and went out on the town with others...my nephew is furious, of course.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

njbill wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:07 pm I would call it decent news, not necessarily great. Certainly a positive step.

The big question is why the FDA said mere days ago they weren’t ready to do this, but now all of a sudden they are.

Did Trump place his thumb on the scale? My guess is yes.

As the commentators are asking, what changed in such a short amount of time? Where are the studies that support this?

Having said all that, I thought all along (I’m not the only one of course) that this type of therapy would work. The problem is scale as I understand it. Even if it does work, I don’t think it can be scaled up to treat millions of people.

What concerns me is that Trump is going to force the FDA in, say, October to “announce” that a vaccine has been “approved” on an emergency use basis, just like today’s announcement, even though the vaccine isn’t nearly ready to go. In fact, I’ll bet my retirement account against yours. ;)
I fully agree, this was the first of several coming fake news announcements. o d took 2 questions, one from Faux and the other from Qnon...

Where is the science testing to support this HUGE story???

When was the last time the Covid Task Force held a presser?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
a fan

Post by a fan »

njbill wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:07 pm What concerns me is that Trump is going to force the FDA in, say, October to “announce” that a vaccine has been “approved” on an emergency use basis, just like today’s announcement, even though the vaccine isn’t nearly ready to go. In fact, I’ll bet my retirement account against yours. ;)
Fauci's tell-all book when all this is over with is going to be a terrifying read.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:14 pm

Nope. Let them eat cake.
What state?

What my family was told (just confirmed this with my sister) was the area of NH hadn't purchased the tests that have faster turnaround, haven't ramped up...it was going to cost over $1,000 for the 7 person crew to get tested, with 7-10 day turnaround.

My nephew apparently didn't catch it at the restaurant, but rather his idiot roommate was feeling bad, didn't tell him, and continued to infect both him...and went out on the town with others...my nephew is furious, of course.
Maryland. The college kids are making it challenging for these schools to 'safely' do their part. Throwing ragers before school officially starts. Many of those living on campus have been kicked off for a quarantine period. Could you imagine dropping off your child at school, crying, tears of joy...only to get a call a few days later they need a place to live for a couple/few weeks and your insurance card to be tested. Makes you wanna crack some skulls....thanks be to God my son chose not to go to the part where so many got busted.
~Livy
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

This Yale professor of epidemiology at Yale School of Public Health says that thousands of deaths due to Covid are due to Democrats and politics. And media companies have enabled the carnage.

https://www.newsweek.com/key-defeating- ... on-1519535

This doctor scientist has authored over 300 peer review studies. He claims the science is irrefutable that hydroxychloroquine works well.

This is a scandal of epic proportions. If I were Trump, I’d push hard.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Hmm. Is somebody watching Mark Levin?

Even Trump has given up on HCQ.

Where is the “that ship has sailed” emoji?

Return to “POLITICS”